IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

23 minutes ago, lilith said:

Joseph Hale has been through a hell of a lot and I hope John is a good, empathic and non judgemental friend to him.

Hale like the family Papa Pilgrim's family moved in with? If so then yikes, yes..

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please can some kindly soul who has an insta account post screenshots of the story photos that are apparently going to be posted throughout this morning, for the benefit of those of us who don't use Instagram? Thanks in advance! :pray: 

20 hours ago, Loveday said:

My vote goes to the Oriental Circlet. It's stunning. Well, they both are, but the detail in the circlet is exquisite. 

I can't even begin to imagine being able to wear jewels like that. :pb_eek:

The detailing on the circlet is so unique (and sentimental because Albert had it commissioned for Victoria) and I think the rubies would look really stunning in Meghan's dark hair. And you could play it very Grace Kelly Classic Princess, or more Art Deco-y statement piece to contrast with a more minimalist gown (she gives me some real minimalist/clean lines vibes from what she wears to events). 

I am way too obsessed with wedding/royal fashion. This is a problem. 

33 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hale like the family Papa Pilgrim's family moved in with? If so then yikes, yes..

Tiny correction:  Papa Pilgrim = Robert Allen Hale and Joseph Hale is his son.  Yes, that family went through Hell and back.  

The family they moved in with are the Buckinghams.  Papa Buckingham is former military and goes way back with Steve, but certainly walked the Christian walk for the Hales.  Lolly Buckingham is married to Joseph Hale (the two oldest Buckingham girls married the two oldest Hale boys.)  Lolly has been spotted with the Maxwell sisters (picketing family planning centers) and will probably be at the wedding.  Joseph is a lot older than John Maxwell.  http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Hale_Family

17 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Anybody else follow What Kate Wore and Order of Splendor blogsites?  Royal fashion is so fun!

Nope . . . but I will now ;)

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Tiny correction:  Papa Pilgrim = Robert Allen Hale and Joseph Hale is his son.  Yes, that family went through Hell and back.  

The family they moved in with are the Buckinghams.  Papa Buckingham is former military and goes way back with Steve, but certainly walked the Christian walk for the Hales.  Lolly Buckingham is married to Joseph Hale (the two oldest Buckingham girls married the two oldest Hale boys.)  Lolly has been spotted with the Maxwell sisters (picketing family planning centers) and will probably be at the wedding.  Joseph is a lot older than John Maxwell.  http://fundamentalists.wikia.com/wiki/Hale_Family

So I read that way too quickly, and thought it said JASPER Hale, and was about to have a good snort on fundie behalf for giving a son of theirs, a Twilight vampire's name . . . but alas, I get to hold my snorts in - for now :GPn0zNK:

Also, my sinuses are flaring, I'm about to take some Claritin D, so just forewarning people - my wedding comments throughout the day might be a little "off" *______*

29 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Ahh you're right. Thanks for the correction, I thought it was the other way around. I read the book about Papa Pilgrim and what he did a few years ago. That was awful. 

46 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

The detailing on the circlet is so unique (and sentimental because Albert had it commissioned for Victoria) and I think the rubies would look really stunning in Meghan's dark hair. And you could play it very Grace Kelly Classic Princess, or more Art Deco-y statement piece to contrast with a more minimalist gown (she gives me some real minimalist/clean lines vibes from what she wears to events). 

I am way too obsessed with wedding/royal fashion. This is a problem. 

Problem? What is this problem of which you speak? LOL. I've been following royal fashion and everything else royal since Charles was invested as Prince of Wales! :laughing-rolling: (why, yes, yes, that makes me ancient :character-oldtimer:)  You know a lot more about the names of tiaras and such than I do, though. I just look at them and think, ooh, sparkly! :lol:

39 minutes ago, Tiny Bubbles said:

Anybody else follow What Kate Wore and Order of Splendor blogsites?  Royal fashion is so fun!

What Kate Wore, yes, started following that one on Facebook recently. :pb_smile:  Order of Splendor--ooohhh, I'm on my way! :cracking-up:

21 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Order of Splendor--ooohhh, I'm on my way! :cracking-up:

The royals have the most amazing modest wedding dresses.  Check out my personal favorite - Crown Princess Victoria's.  

I'm putting money on the probability that Meghan will get a new tiara bought for her, as did Fergey York.  QEII is notoriously stingy with her personal stash of favorite tiaras, although she did cough up the Cartier Halo to lend to Kate for her wedding.  She has never lent anyone the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland.  She calls that "Granny's tiara." 

The one they cobbled together from bits and pieces for poor Sophie Wessex is pug-ugly.  I hope they do better than that for Meghan.

Full disclosure: I like the history behind the sparkly things far more than the sparkly things themselves. :lol:

11 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The royals have the most amazing modest wedding dresses.  Check out my personal favorite - Crown Princess Victoria's. /snip/. Full disclosure: I like the history behind the sparkly things far more than the sparkly things themselves. :lol:

Agree and agree :my_shy:

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Please can some kindly soul who has an insta account post screenshots of the story photos that are apparently going to be posted throughout this morning, for the benefit of those of us who don't use Instagram? Thanks in advance! :pray: 

I'll try to do that. 

I almost had a crisis when my iPad completely froze up last night before I went to bed. I just plugged it in to charge and hoped for the best. This morning it was still frozen for a few minutes but the Lord saw fit to resurrect it for this, the The Holy Day of Nuptials Betwixt Hot John and Judgy Chelsy. 

It is simply meant for me to do all I can to snark my way through this bitterly cold day. 

What's everybody wearing for the wedding viewing? I can't decide between my leggings/sweatshirt combo or a corduroy jumper and turtleneck.  Note: I will probably wear a flower headband regardless of my outfit because accessorizing is important and I'm only fifty so I think I can still pull it off. Thoughts?? 

6 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I

What's everybody wearing for the wedding viewing? I can't decide between my leggings/sweatshirt combo or a corduroy jumper and turtleneck.  Note: I will probably wear a flower headband regardless of my outfit because accessorizing is important and I'm only fifty so I think I can still pull it off. Thoughts?? 

Haven't decided, but probably whatever I wear around the house. Since it's so cold, leggings under thick sweat pants are a must. And whatever sweatshirt and turtleneck aren't being washed right now. Oh yes, and a messy bun or some sort.

Yes, the family thing is postponed due to the freezing cold. One advantage is, I get to watch the wedding with you! I don't plan on drinking, though, except hot water and lemon/honey tea, but if I start hack-coughing, some cough syrup may come in handy, lol.

Just now, usmcmom said:

I'll try to do that. 

I almost had a crisis when my iPad completely froze up last night before I went to bed. I just plugged it in to charge and hoped for the best. This morning it was still frozen for a few minutes but the Lord saw fit to resurrect it for this, the The Holy Day of Nuptials Betwixt Hot John and Judgy Chelsy. 

It is simply meant for me to do all I can to snark my way through this bitterly cold day. 

Definitely the flower headband - wouldn't want to be mistaken for a 50 year old man.

Unrelated note... Ugh, Meghan Markle. My childhood BF ran in the same circles as her when MM lived in Toronto.  She's not a very nice person.  The disingenuous PR campaign and media scrubbing really rankles me.  (Just IMO, not snarking on those who want to discuss her.)

8 minutes ago, BullyJBG said:

Haven't decided, but probably whatever I wear around the house. Since it's so cold, leggings under thick sweat pants are a must. And whatever sweatshirt and turtleneck aren't being washed right now. Oh yes, and a messy bun or some sort.

Yes, the family thing is postponed due to the freezing cold. One advantage is, I get to watch the wedding with you! I don't plan on drinking, though, except hot water and lemon/honey tea, but if I start hack-coughing, some cough syrup may come in handy, lol.

Please; if you start hack-coughing, quietly remove yourself from the viewing party. We can't have any disruptions lest we miss Steve's all-important words on death. 

A supply of lovely hankies, hand embroidered by the bride's grandmother, has been provided at the entrance/exit; please grab one as you leave and cough like a lady. 

But, really; I hope you feel better soon. 

4 hours ago, lilith said:

Chelsy and Allison are joking in the comments of Allison’s blog about the Bontrager habit of throwing instead of passing items at the dinner table (rolls, sauce bottles etc).

Can you imagine Steve’s face if he requests an animal cracker and Chelsy pelts it across the table at him!

Also, Chelsy joined the extended family Maxhell Christmas celebration on the 23rd. There is a sweet phot of her hugging Gigi and one of her receiving a gift from Calia.

And Sarah actually acknowledged that the family is currently in Iowa for the wedding.

Seems like chelsy was even included in the aunts and uncles gift exchange, since calia drew her name and gave her an animal themed gift! Steve must be pretty confident that this wedding is going through this time! 

22 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I'm in a cast, so I'm wearing my finest velour sweatpants, a "I Stand with Planned Parenthood" shirt, and a single cat-patterned sock, just to round things out. 

Being non-weight bearing on my foot since my surgery has made this one of the more exciting days since I started convalescing. It's the little things. :shrug:

I think winter weddings are lovely, but this current cold snap has convinced me to never have a winter wedding! Brrrr....

17 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Unrelated note... Ugh, Meghan Markle. My childhood BF ran in the same circles as her when MM lived in Toronto.  She's not a very nice person.  The disingenuous PR campaign and media scrubbing really rankles me.  (Just IMO, not snarking on those who want to discuss her.

Whoa whoa whoa, you can't just leave it at that! We need details! DETAILS! :P 

2 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Just one so far -

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 7.51.22 AM.png

55 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Unrelated note... Ugh, Meghan Markle. My childhood BF ran in the same circles as her when MM lived in Toronto.  She's not a very nice person.  The disingenuous PR campaign and media scrubbing really rankles me.  (Just IMO, not snarking on those who want to discuss her.)

I felt bad for all the social climber comments she's been getting over the past year but ever since the engagement has been announced the PR campaign and changing of the narrative is pretty striking. And now this whole thing of her painting herself as this poor girl with no family that cared for her. Wow. 

Several years ago, my husband went to the local library and brought home a coffee table book called something like "The Roysl Jewels"... OH< I was in LOVE... I got it out several times... next time I went for it... it had been given away or sold.

I'd LOVE to peruse that book again. Tiaras, parures? (incredible sets of gems) you name it. Sometimes on the royal body, sometimes nestled in their own little boxes of velvet...

What has been scrubbed/changed with regards to Meghan Markle? I literally knew nothing about her until she started dating Prince Harry. The impression I've gotten of her is that she seems very confident and poised, but very... well, I mean, she's an actress, right? Maybe that's just her mode. I don't really know enough about her to judge her character or personality. Harry seems to love her, so hopefully they're a good match. He seems vulnerable, and I wonder if he was drawn to her because she has a strong personality.

CET to... whatever time zone you are in: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20171230T160000&p1=tz_ct

If you won't be around to watch the Livestream; but are able to keep your device on and running, you can save it with Movavi. I've never used that software, so I'm not familiar with it. Maybe someone else here knows more? You can get it for free here.

Groomsmen + bridesmaids! Can’t see the bridesmaids dresses fully

ps. Can someone post screenshots of the livestream?? I’m gonna be at the mall lol

7E3ACBF8-CFBA-4C3B-97BB-E68E332AABB8.png

34F7E801-9DC6-4968-8B40-959BA8E64684.png

4E158101-4C21-41BA-BE3D-F9F8DE54A982.png

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived