IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

I’m at my bf‘s house and need an excuse to watch it [emoji4]
Love the bridesmaids dresses and the bouquets!

What church is this? I like the curved pews.

Marion Avenue Baptist Church

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AllisonWndrland said:

Mr. Allison just asked if this is my Super Bowl. I was heading to the bedroom with a bowl of queso and a bag of chips. 

I'm having queso and chips while watching, too!

Just now, refugee said:

Thanks for posting the livestream here!

My first thought... wow. The church looks absolutely bare and stark. No decorations at all are apparent.

Exactly what I was thinking.  No decorations or flowers at all.  Is this a holdover from the mennonite past?

I'm ready! No shower today, hair up in a very loose pony-tail, sweats, slippers, over-sized sweatshirt. 

I have my snacks (taco dip from a party last night----how fitting with the taco soup menu) - and the wine is in the fridge chilling because I don't need it now but the minute Steve starts talking I'm going to have to drown him out somehow.

I have to get in the shower by 3, this better not be a marathon talk about death and abortion and obedience. 

No flowers in the church, no Christmas decorations, dingy bluish grey Bridesmaids dresses (on my monitor) ... Chelsy, I am disappointed.

I’m wondering if they put their money in the reception.

3 minutes ago, halcionne said:

What church is this? I like the curved pews.

Marion Avenue Baptist Church in Washington Iowa.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Appreciate that the pianist isn't slamming on the piano like she just caught it front-hugging a saxophone. 

She's really good. All the instrumentalists are. 

1 minute ago, refugee said:

Thanks for posting the livestream here!

My first thought... wow. The church looks absolutely bare and stark. No decorations at all are apparent.

Because decorations will not remind you of where you go when you die!!

I really hope that this sparseness wasn't Steve's doing. Scratch that, I do, because I thought Chelsy would be a little more extra. 

Did anyone else catch some male voice saying something about a tripping hazard? I hope they fix that!

And every time they end a song, I get all excited thinking it is going to start, lol. If the Maxwells did any of the planning, it will start EXACTLY on the hour.

Just now, mydoggoskeeper said:

Yikes, Ashokan Farewell.   A little morose for the occasion, no?

I knew that sounded familiar!

Mah dearest Titus2 followers, ah do not know when we shall meet again, for today we must undertake the most perilous task of fitting a wedding into our busy schedules...

My SiL was married in a similar Baptist Church last summer.  The church had tons of restrictions on what you could and could not do as far as decorations.  It wasn’t religious in nature but due to increased cleaning costs and potential damages.  Anything they did had to be take down by 9 pm so the church could be ready for services the next day.  Because of all that, she chose to limit the church decor.  It’s likely this church has similar restrictions.

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Lol, on Youtube the video description says "category: Comedy."

Also, is this the theme from Ken Burns' Civil War?

I think Papa Maxhell is allergic to laughter so it fits .

1 minute ago, Bajovane said:

Not seeing any recognizable Fundys in the pews

Still crossing my fingers that JRod will roll up in her RV and try to hijack the instrumental performance. 

Just now, Bajovane said:

Not seeing any recognizable Fundys in the pews

I see some people I know, but they are Chelsy’s family.  The woman with the flowy headcovering in the front is her aunt, the mother of the cousin bridesmaid.  I babysat for them when they were all small.  The parents are still mennonite, but most of thrthe kids are not fundie at all anymore.

3 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Lol, on Youtube the video description says "category: Comedy."

Also, is this the theme from Ken Burns' Civil War?

Yes.

Well, talk about being at the right place at the right time! I don't venture into the Maxhell sub very often, but saw the "HOT!" thread and now I get to watch the wedding live! Praise Rufus!

2 minutes ago, Jingerale said:

Random thought - When was the last time this Maxwell sub had this much action?

Probably when they announced Joseph's marriage.

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'll try to do that. 

I almost had a crisis when my iPad completely froze up last night before I went to bed. I just plugged it in to charge and hoped for the best. This morning it was still frozen for a few minutes but the Lord saw fit to resurrect it for this, the The Holy Day of Nuptials Betwixt Hot John and Judgy Chelsy. 

It is simply meant for me to do all I can to snark my way through this bitterly cold day. 

What's everybody wearing for the wedding viewing? I can't decide between my leggings/sweatshirt combo or a corduroy jumper and turtleneck.  Note: I will probably wear a flower headband regardless of my outfit because accessorizing is important and I'm only fifty so I think I can still pull it off. Thoughts?? 

Thanks!!

I'm just about to head over to the livestream. My iPad is pretty temperamental so i might have to save the snark until afterwards. If so, see you all on the other side!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived