IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I love tacos but tacos in soup form sounds so gross. #BEC

The ones I've had are a lot like chili, so it's not awful. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've eaten it.  If you think of it as very runny chile served over soggy taco chips it isn't all that bad.  

As far as the wedding reception goes, I anticipate a vast array of "hot dishes" including "wedding potatoes" (AKA funeral potatoes), possibly some barbecue or pulled pork, and lots of lovely Amish and Mennonite desserts.

10 minutes ago, fundiefollower said:

Chelsy has a new blog post up with a funky picture of John and her.

He's wearing a John Shrader hat! :my_sick:

And Chels has invited us to the wedding:

I would like to invite each of you blog readers to join in with us as we celebrate tomorrow! Obviously I would just have loved to invite each of you on over to be here in person.

Thanks, Chelsy!

But thank goodness for the world of technology! And that through livestream, some of y'all (and a number of friends who now cannot come due other commitments, the weather, or one of the other nine weddings that I currently know of that are happening the same day!) will be able to join us as we celebrate our biggest day together!

Nine!  And we only knew about the Wissmans.

It is currently "blitz cold" (as my dad says!) and snowing hard. We are going to have the biggest Iowa winter wonderland for our wedding day. Still can't believe it!

I dunno.  Cold and snow can't be that uncommon in Iowa on December 30th.

the livestream will be beginning at 1:50pm! Also watch our instagram stories, @bontragerfamilysingers, for behind-the-scenes snapshots that my siblings will be posting!

Remember that is Central time.

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/

Ah, I imagine the above poster is right. John dressed as a hitchhiker, the family pulled over to pick him up, which left Chelsy aghast, and he surprised her. That's cute. 

I don't personally understand the appeal of a midwinter wedding in snowy weather, but I guess Steve will be pleased as it means no spaghetti straps!

I don't know much about the Bontranger family but after browsing through Chelsy's blog, she seems really peppy. Isn't being married to a Maxwell going to suck the life out of her or do the sons not act like steve clones?

19 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't know much about the Bontranger family but after browsing through Chelsy's blog, she seems really peppy. Isn't being married to a Maxwell going to suck the life out of her or do the sons not act like steve clones?

John was their problem child, so I imagine he has a little more life in him than the rest. I'm hoping she and John tell Steve to fuck off. 

I hope it's a wonderful wedding and there are lots of smiles and tons of laughter to make Steve extra uncomfortable. Lots of little girls with smiles dancing around and singing at the top of their lungs. 

For my winter solstice wedding many years ago, I had maroon and navy blue for my attendants. They had flowers to match and I carried red and white roses, which were hard to obtain due to the blessed Rose Parade need for flowers. Our decorations in the church were huge poinsettias.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Menu on a wood pallet. Pinteresting AF ;)

IMG_5936.PNG

Oh, honey. You’ve spelled “jalapeños” wrong. In paint.

2 hours ago, terranova said:

I don't personally understand the appeal of a midwinter wedding in snowy weather, but I guess Steve will be pleased as it means no spaghetti straps!

My niece got married on December 30 about fifteen years ago. We are in Illinois and, yes, there was a blizzard that day. My grandmother was determined to be there so my aunt and uncle drove the fifty miles in a snowstorm to make sure Grandma saw her great granddaughter's wedding. That was our biggest concern when she planned a winter wedding - the weather making travel so dangerous. 

I will say that all the photos of that day are beautiful. The ones of the bride and groom in front of the large church windows, snow swirling outside at dusk were especially pretty with the navy and silver decor. 

Regarding the taco soup; will they make Steve's without meat or are special orders not allowed? 

8 minutes ago, Hane said:

Oh, honey. You’ve spelled “jalapeños” wrong. In paint.

You can't blame the poor girl. She was homeschooled SOTDRT. And will most likely homeschool her litter as well. I'm guessing the Bible bee and the spelling bee are very different bees ;)

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Taco soup may sound gross but it is delicious, or at least the recipes I've used are.  I use beef (usually left overs from Beef Tinga ) chipotles in adobo,jalapenos, black beans (and of course things like onion and garlic and cumin and lime) and a nice sharp cheddar. I'll cut some corn tortillas into thin strips and pan fry them till nice and crispy and then sprinkle a lemon chilli spice mix on top  and then I put a handful of the tortilla strips into each soup bowl, top with sour cream, cheddar, green onion. Seriously good if you like spicy food.

edited because I spelled jalapeños wrong - I went to a proper university and not the school of the dining room table but since we switched over to voice recognition for dictation (need to keep things minimal because the more you say the more of the computer's mistakes you'll have to correct) I have completely lost the ability to spell, use adequate grammar and in general have become a slovenly mess when it comes to writing

I'm guessing Chelsy wore this to the rehearsal? It could be her wedding colors. Sometimes people do that. The church doesn't look decorated yet. 

IMG_5937.PNG

Scandalously short for Maxhell, even with the underskirt for modesty. And goodness John has got thin. I bet the whole family has been fasting to bring god’s blessing to the marriage or some bullshit.

Blimey. Lots of nice Mexican food. That’ll probably be a lot spicier than the Maxwells are used to! 

I don’t see any Maxwells in the photos of the wedding prep. Are they hiding out in a hotel room, getting their weeping over prior to the wedding?

3 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

I don’t see any Maxwells in the photos of the wedding prep. Are they hiding out in a hotel room, getting their weeping over prior to the wedding?

Maybe they knew they were posting to Instagram, and asked that photos of them be not posted? But then again, how would they know? I guess if Chelsy is on her phone they sort of figure out what she's doing and can go "oh, what's Instagram? Oh no, please don't post photos of us. "

Keep watching, right?

On 12/27/2017 at 3:34 PM, Palimpsest said:

How will they manage 14 bridesmaids, 2 best men, and 9 groomsmen? 

I thought you were supposed to have the same number of bridesmaids/groomsmen.  Some of the bridesmaids are going to walk down the aisle alone?

49 minutes ago, Odd1Out said:

On Instagram there are a couple of pictures with Maxwell nieces and nephews. I think I saw Drew and Tina and maybe one other. 

32 minutes ago, Curious said:

I thought you were supposed to have the same number of bridesmaids/groomsmen.  Some of the bridesmaids are going to walk down the aisle alone?

At the Bontrager triple wedding weekend they had way more groomsmen than bridesmaids. So two groomsmen walked a bridesmaid down. 

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Blimey. Lots of nice Mexican food. That’ll probably be a lot spicier than the Maxwells are used to! 

Maybe that was the idea? Keep them on the crapper the whole time so they can't ruin anything.  :pb_lol: 

22 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Could we have a new thread that for us that want to snark at the wedding and don’t give a fuck at what they wear, as we know they will be dressed in fucking frumpers.  Sorry xxxxx

Drunk

Members can start whatever threads they would like.  If you start one and are afraid it will be merged into the main thread, put a note on the thread that I said it was fine to do.

@Curious, usually there are equal numbers of female and male attendants, but there doesn't have to be.  I can't remember where i read this years ago, but it pointed out that the paring off of attendants in the recessional was a bit weird.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived