IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

I love teal, but I'm surprised by how casual the bridesmaid dresses look, with the t shirt cotton-y look and second-color modesty panels. The bridesmaid dresses for the three boys' weddings were very formal, I guess I expected more of the same. I wonder if this means chelsy's dress will be very casual as well. 

Eta: altho looking back maybe it was just the colors/cut that made them seem formal. They weren't particularly fancy. They looked really nice, tho. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wearing my usual Saturday chores outfit - jeans, LL Bean top and sweater, walking/running shoes. I'm doing laundry, and I'll be simultaneously watching the wedding and concocting a chicken w/stuffing combo in a cast iron skillet for Mr. MtL and his visiting former student. I really know how to party...

1 minute ago, picklepizzas said:

I love teal, but I'm surprised by how casual the bridesmaid dresses look, with the t shirt cotton-y look and second-color modesty panels. The bridesmaid dresses for the three boys' weddings were very formal, I guess I expected more of the same. I wonder if this means chelsy's dress will be very casual as well. 

My thoughts exactly. I expected something more like Jinger's dresses, I guess. 

(Also, BEC moment: I am personally not a fan of those surplice necklines because they always make my boobs look weird -- I love how I look in DVF-style wrap dresses, but those surplice necklines with the elastic band empire waist just do the strangest things to my dirtypillows)

49 minutes ago, nomoxian said:

I wonder what she would think about MMF or FFM :tw_blush:

She meant “mating” as in “reproducing.”

9 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I can't find the livestream...what am I missing?  Tried the link above and didn't see it.  Is age catching up with me?

It goes live at X:50PM. When you go to their blog, they have a link to their Youtube page. I think it's going to be hosted there.

Edit: Sorry I messed up on the time. They're in Central time and so am I, but Central Europe :P

I am checking in regularly with this thread and the JRods.  I've been sick since Monday with a flu-like cold and it's really not getting any better, but alas, it's freezing here with 2 feet of snow.  I am dressed for the occasion in Mr. Pook's giant fleece sweatshirt and some stretchy maternity pants I bought 14 years ago, during my first pregnancy, and probably should have gotten rid of after my last pregnancy 9 years ago.  I am wearing my hair down in the style of bed-head sex-knot chic and am at the moment sans bra.  In full-fundie spirit I am barefoot, but in reality just too lazy to get up off my arse to find a pair of socks (or bra).  I am also watching instructional videos for the new sewing machine Mr. Pook surprised me with for my birthday just before Christmas.  Cheers, Sis Pook

17 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

(Also, BEC moment: I am personally not a fan of those surplice necklines because they always make my boobs look weird -- I love how I look in DVF-style wrap dresses, but those surplice necklines with the elastic band empire waist just do the strangest things to my dirtypillows)

Same here. 

The bridesmaid dresses do look weirdly casual contrasted with how formal the groomsmen are in their vests and satin ties. 

4 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I can't find the livestream...what am I missing?  Tried the link above and didn't see it.  Is age catching up with me?

My husband says it should show as the livestream begins, it's not showing for me either at the moment. He's gone to the pub now so I can't get him to reconfirm, but I'm hoping he's right otherwise I shall be going round there in my slippers to get him to sort it. 

It's almost 7,30pm here, so I have a glass of cava and 2 cats for company.... bliss. Cheers everyone!

I'm on the East Coast US, so I guess I got mixed up about the time.  Thought it was starting at 1:50 PM.  I have a little cold...can I blame that for my confusion?

I'm wearing jeans, t-shirt, and a comfy but slightly ratty sweatshirt that has to be at least 30 years old.  It's holding up very well, considering.  Not so sure about myself, though.

42 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:
44 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:
The pressure in Steve's head is simmering, simmering, simmering...
5a47dd6facbcb_ScreenShot2017-12-30at10_39_35AM.png.ce08b60866268d6e9491bbc93b8d0986.png

There is so much physical affection in this family, I think he is going off his rocker!

Get a room

Okay, so I've gotten all turned around with so many time zones in the mix here. Am I correct that the wedding should start in about 20 minutes?

2 minutes ago, halcionne said:

Okay, so I've gotten all turned around with so many time zones in the mix here. Am I correct that the wedding should start in about 20 minutes?

Yep!

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm wondering if a baby bump would be visible in any of those BM dresses. Since three of the BM could be about 4 months along if they got pregnant on their honeymoon. 

where are you all seeing those pictures

I am out of the loop. . .I can't see them. . .

Mr. Allison just asked if this is my Super Bowl. I was heading to the bedroom with a bowl of queso and a bag of chips. 

2 hours ago, Jingerale said:

I mean, all the females here are only "girls", right?

Once we get married we become "extended family".

Thanks for posting the livestream here!

My first thought... wow. The church looks absolutely bare and stark. No decorations at all are apparent.

No flowers in the church, no Christmas decorations, dingy bluish grey Bridesmaids dresses (on my monitor) ... Chelsy, I am disappointed.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived