IGNORED

Chelsy and John's Wedding and the Aftermath

Palimpsest

See, Maxwell boys? See how nice you look in a suit that fits you?

Also, oh geez, I am not sure how I'm going to feel about the dresses. They're not lime green satin, which is a start, but is this going to be some Modesty Frankensteining? Love the bouquets, though. I'm a sucker for lots of greenery. 

Also, kinda bummed to hear that Meghan Markle might be a douche. I thought she seemed pretty cool (and really pretty). Then again, I thought Al Franken was pretty cool, and then... (not that Meghan Markle is a gropey sex fiend, but you get my meaning, I hope). 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering if a baby bump would be visible in any of those BM dresses. Since three of the BM could be about 4 months along if they got pregnant on their honeymoon. 

I hope that church is WELL HEATED.

And yes, I'm totally projecting. I'm freezing my arse up here in Canada and having flashbacks to having to pose for pictures outside when I stood up in my dad's wedding a few years ago in October, and it's going to be even colder here next week, and I'm just burrowing into 50 layers of clothing and blankets to stay warm and cannot imagine having to wear a bridesmaid dress right now.

Please send help and hot chocolate!

I just went to Chelsy's blog to look for the livestream link, and the tagline is 'It's a Beautiful Life!' and now I have Ace of Base stuck in my head, so thanks, Chelsy.

I'm just hoping all the walkways are well salted and they won't need to take any back roads to get to the wedding or reception. My grandparents would have been beside themselves about all the snow, cold, and ice for travelers on a wedding day. Luckily my wedding was just a chilly fall day. No ice or snow.

Wonder if Chelsy will really come barefoot like she said...

I need to see these bridesmaid dresses in full, that one photo looks like they just threw a grey cami on underneath it. 

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Note: I will probably wear a flower headband regardless of my outfit because accessorizing is important and I'm only fifty so I think I can still pull it off. Thoughts?? 

I mean, all the females here are only "girls", right? 

Going slightly OT - Ellie had a picture in that Christmas post and Sarah labeled it "My sweet 'puppy'". I couldn't help but think about whether she will always call her a puppy. I suppose Ellie will graduate eventually and be called a "girl".

@singsingsing  Mmmnope.  Sorry, I'm not risking a lawsuit with stuff I only know secondhand!  I haven't even seen MM.  That said, I'll put out there the things that are out there already and I can just repeat from other blogs:

- MM now describes her relationship with Cory Vitiello as "short," but they lived together for two years and at least he once called her his common law.  (Also, contrary to what the UK rags keep saying when they print stories about MM, Cory Vitiello isn't the equivalent of Canada's Gordon Ramsay.  That's ludicrous.  Canada has tons of homegrown celebrity chefs.  Cory Vitiello is not one of them - he's relatively unknown.  I don't even understand WHY she'd want to inflate the reputation of her ex).

- MM was supposedly still with Vitiello when she first started texting Prince Harry.  I'm not sure what the deal is with the "blind date" story that PH put out later saying they started dating in June, but the original stories here were that he first saw MM when he came to Toronto in May 2016 to launch the Invictus Games.  

- MM's best friend in Toronto is Jessica Brownstein.  Jessica Brownstein is Ben Mulroney's wife.  Ben and Jessica are pals with Lainey Lui (writer of the Lainey Gossip blog).  Those stories that started popping up a year or so ago on Lainey Gossip about how great Meghan is (and a few less than flattering comments about Duchess Kate).. are probably coincidence.  

She shut down The Tig (her GOOP knockoff) after dating PH a while.  It's a pity because I visited the site once and only once because it was filled with the most dimwitted Hallmark Card platitudes, pictures of her posing dreamily on beaches, and lots of Raquel-esque decriptions of what she ate.  You can see bits and pieces on the Wayback Machine.  It was soooo snarkable... you guys would've had a field day.  

Liking these colors so far, and loving the flowers. More than anything I like that the BM dresses are a soft comfy cotton, not that awful stiff satin so many of them turn into butchered modesty dresses.

Interesting that the last 3 Maxwell bride BM dresses have all been some shade of green, including Chelsy's teal.

Either way, we're off to a good start!

3 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Liking these colors so far, and loving the flowers. More than anything I like that the BM dresses are a soft comfy cotton, not that awful stiff satin so many of them turn into butchered modesty dresses.

Interesting that the last 3 Maxwell bride BM dresses have all been some shade of green, including Chelsy's teal.

Either way, we're off to a good start!

I do think the color's lovely (I think it will look especially nice with the Maxwell women's coloring). I just consider the grey cami in that one picture an ill portent of Modesty Frankensteining. 

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I just went to Chelsy's blog to look for the livestream link, and the tagline is 'It's a Beautiful Life!' and now I have Ace of Base stuck in my head, so thanks, Chelsy.

Soon it'll be "All That She Wants is Another Baby".  And another, and another...

14 hours ago, Hane said:

Years ago, it used to be de rigueur to have equal numbers of men and women at dinner parties. When one society woman had uneven numbers at her gathering and a friend expressed distress, she replied, “We’re having dinner, not mating.”

I wonder what she would think about MMF or FFM :tw_blush:

Teal dresses!  I am literally watching the teal paint dry in my bathroom right now.  Thank you, everyone, for the photos and for the info on the Royal Jewels. 

image.jpg

Love the colors. Teal and orange, when done right, is one of my favorite combos, and the dresses and bouquets really pull it off.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

That's happened to me often, lol. Keep it coming lovely folks. Laundry's almost done, and shopping is done, and an hour and 24 minutes to go.

I am so ready for this wedding! I have a sweatshirt featuring Dwight Schrute, huge sweatpants, and big heavy socks because Kansas is stupid cold right now. Diet Coke and nachos made with hot Ro-tel are on the menu for the ceremony.  

The teal dresses look comfortable, but they also seem like something I would wear every day. Maybe that's the goal, though. A truly comfortable bridesmaid dress that can be reworn is rare. 

Also, TEAL! I love that color. I present my laundry room as evidence. 

1514659396482766808205.jpg

More! Idk if teal screams winter wedding to me. I like burgundy, green and dark purple better but they still look nice 
Agree! Teal seems more spring/summery and all of these women would look lovely in burgundy. Maybe Chelsy didn't want to have a typical winter color. The ladies are lovely though. Already spot lots of makeup on the Bowers girl (cassidy?). We'll see about the conspicuously absent maxwells!! I bet they are horrified at the amount of pictures the rest of the bridal party is sharing [emoji16][emoji16].

The pressure in Steve's head is simmering, simmering, simmering...
5a47dd6facbcb_ScreenShot2017-12-30at10_39_35AM.png.ce08b60866268d6e9491bbc93b8d0986.png
There is so much physical affection in this family, I think he is going off his rocker!

I'm rocking black yoga pants, a blue v-neck shirt, and a surprise icky cold. It's in the 20s here, which is a little better than it was earlier in the week, but between the temperature and this icky cold that makes me feel like crap, I fully intend to stay indoors and have my groceries delivered to me because the bodega down the street is on Seamless. Perfect live-stream/snark day. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived