IGNORED

Roy Moore is a loser: Sweet Home Alabama- 2

samurai_sarah

Roy Moore's spokeswoman, Janet Porter, is trying to argue today that there was massive statewide voter fraud (There's a  "one in 15 billion chance" that there was no voter fraud!) and the CNN anchor is having none of it. 

Porter is going on about someone who is an "expert" on voting machines, and complaining that  “You’ve got this private company out of Omaha, Nebraska, that has all the votes and the voter images, and no one’s allowed to see them.” 

Steve Merrill, Alabama's Secretary of State, says there are no digital images of ballots.  The company referenced is Election Systems & Software, an Omaha-based company that provides equipment, software and services for election support.  Apparently, to have free and fair elections, *something something*. 

The supposed expert is 

... James Condit Jr., who also posts about JFK conspiracy theories and the murder of DNC staffer, Seth Rich, and, according to The Washington Post, has referred to “Zionist” control of world politics.

Confronted with some of Condit’s background, Porter insisted he was nevertheless “an expert on voting machines.”

“Maybe he got a parking ticket yesterday. That’s irrelevant to the case,” Porter said. “If you want to question, you know, whether he’s a Zionist or not, I am. I’m pro-Israel. I’m glad the embassy is in Jerusalem by the way. Good job, President Trump.”

If one should care to go deep into the bat shit crazy that is voting-machine "expert" James Condit, Jr, there's no better place to start than his very own website: 

targetfreedomusa.com/mission/biography-of-jim-condit-jr-the-owner-of-this-website/

Ol' Roy has to come up with over a million dollars if he wants to buy a recount. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Roy Moore's spokeswoman, Janet Porter, is trying to argue that there was massive statewide voter fraud and whoever is filling in for Anderson Cooper is having none of it. 

Is this happening right now? (Will check out the later replay of AC360, if so).

Dana Bash had her on earlier today and Dana was having none of Ms. Porter's crap. (I saw a couple minutes of it online). Porter is so obnoxious and sounds so stupid, I cannot believe that she has the actual JOB of supposedly doing PR for Moore. With allies like her, who needs enemies?

Porter is worse than Moore's wife of "We have a lawyer who is a Jew" fame.

Moore sure knows how to pick 'em.:my_rolleyes:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

Janet Porter made the rounds today, with essentially the same result.  She blathers on, the anchors ask for facts, more blathering, everybody talks over everybody else, because anchors immediately start asking for facts to back up all the outrageous bombs she is dropping.  We DVR lots of CNN to watch later, so not sure what time it was on or in which order. 

She's still supporting Ol' Roy against allegations by slutty women, because he says he didn't know any of them.  

I think Janet Porter is the same person who noted that one must also consider the sheer number of women who did NOT make accusations of sexual impropriety against Roy Moore.  Yeah, you can't make this shit up.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@older than allosaurs -- good grief, that message reads like it was written by someone who failed seventh grade English.

He probably did.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Ol' Roy has to come up with over a million dollars if he wants to buy a recount. 

I thought the recount deal was over after the election was certified?  He can still ask for one?

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Janet Porter made the rounds today, with essentially the same result.  She blathers on, the anchors ask for facts, more blathering, everybody talks over everybody else, because anchors immediately start asking for facts to back up all the outrageous bombs she is dropping.  We DVR lots of CNN to watch later, so not sure what time it was on or in which order. 

She's still supporting Ol' Roy against allegations by slutty women, because he says he didn't know any of them.  

I think Janet Porter is the same person who noted that one must also consider the sheer number of women who did NOT make accusations of sexual impropriety against Roy Moore.  Yeah, you can't make this shit up.

Something in the back of my mind was niggling me about her so I did some research.  Sure enough, she was active in the Right To Life Movement in the 90's and I think that's why she was ringing a bell.  She has gotten much worse than she was back then...and she was horrible.  Total nut job.  Every screw loose.

• Upvote 10

16 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Just saw this clip that was posted by CNN.

And let me say, go fornicate thyself, Roy Moore.

I'd usually add "And the horse you rode in on," but I wouldn't wish that on Sassy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Carol said:

I thought the recount deal was over after the election was certified?  He can still ask for one?

Pending final interpretation of Alabama law, he could buy a recount; but officially and practically, yes, it's all over but the crying, as they say.  

From AL.com on December 15, 2017

...If Jones' margin of victory is more than 0.5 percent, this scenario gets murkier.

Alabama's election handbook spells out several offices that are not included in state laws for contesting elections: lieutenant governor, U.S. senator, and U.S. representative.

There are other provisions, however, that indicate a candidate or political party could request a recount.

"It's our contention the votes can be recounted," John Bennett, Deputy Chief of Staff for the Secretary of State's office told AL.com. "We contend that authority is there."   Bennett said, however, that the office will not make a determination on a recount until after the ballots are certified.

"We're not at that point," he said.

If Moore is allowed to request a recount, it will be at his expense and that could be considerable.

[John] Merrill [Alabama Secretary of State] told Fortune the cost of recount would be between $1 million and $1.5 million and the total amount must be put up when the request is made. Moore's most recent financial report showed he had about $636,000 cash on hand.

It's also unlikely the Alabama Republican Party - which backed Moore even after the national GOP temporarily suspended its support - would be willing to help fund a recount.

Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry Lathan issue a statement after Jones' win saying "the race is over.  While we are deeply disappointed in the extremely close U.S. Senate election results, with our candidate Judge Roy Moore, we respect the voting process given to us by our Founding Fathers," Lathan said.

Heck, Mike Huckabee tweeted this:   Roy Moore won't concede; says will wait on God to speak. God wasn't registered to vote in AL but the ppl who voted did speak and it wasn't close enough for recount. In elections everyone does NOT get a trophy. I know first hand but it's best to exit with class.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13

10 hours ago, Carol said:

He probably did.

Something in the back of my mind was niggling me about her so I did some research.  Sure enough, she was active in the Right To Life Movement in the 90's and I think that's why she was ringing a bell.  She has gotten much worse than she was back then...and she was horrible.  Total nut job.  Every screw loose.

Well - Porter is STILL active in the (extreme end of) anti-abortion movement. Matter of fact, it seems that is what she does most of the time when she is not stumping for Moore.

She and her group apparently were the major instigators behind the Ohio "heartbeat bill" (that Kasich vetoed Dec. 2016, and a version of which has been reintroduced into the Ohio legislature recently).

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2017/12/26/ohio-heartbeat-bill-most-extreme-abortion-restriction-wont-go-away/927491001/

And - BTW - She is not part of the actual Right to Life (official) organization; she says:

Ohio Right to Life is a fake pro-life group and has worked alongside Planned Parenthood to block the most protective pro-life law in the country.

As an Ohioan - Perhaps the best thing that could happen would be if she keeps spending her time stumping for Moore's lost cause. We don't want her back.

• Upvote 6

I'm getting a Judge Daniel McDonald vibe off of Roy Moore.  McDonald was a former circuit court judge in Lafayette County, Wisconsin who murdered the partner of the Darlington attorney who defeated him.  It was close enough that the local paper where I live had a reporter at the trial. 

I just think ol' Roy looks a lot like Daniel, and has that same weird look that Daniel did.  And he just lost a hotly contested election.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

This is getting embarrassing. I guess Ole' Roy didn't have a plan B. He's going to lit himself on fire if he's not careful. I see a full-on train wreck coming.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Howl said:

Heck, Mike Huckabee tweeted this:   Roy Moore won't concede; says will wait on God to speak. God wasn't registered to vote in AL but the ppl who voted did speak and it wasn't close enough for recount. In elections everyone does NOT get a trophy. I know first hand but it's best to exit with class.  

Mike Huckabee and "class" should never be used in the same paragraph unless "class" is preceded by "has no."  This is actually in the Bible, I think in Two Corinthians. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, AuntK said:

Mike Huckabee and "class" should never be used in the same paragraph unless "class" is preceded by "has no."  This is actually in the Bible, I think in Two Corinthians. 

A word association popped up for me on this one. I saw "class" and my mind went to Ole' Roy hanging around outside the windows of the class rooms at the local middle school.

"Pssst, Cindy, Cindy. Hey, are you going to the mall tonight?"

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Richard Jaffe, recognized by Karla Moore in her "One of our attorneys is a Jew" remark, is actually a close personal friend of Doug Jones and helped, financially and personally, to elect him.  Apparently the Moore's used Mr. Jaffe to get one of their sons off on drug charge/s.  

Kayla, you're a fucking moron along with your husband.

It's Payback time, bitches!!!  :twisted:

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

One of his "Jew" friends just shafted him. Que the Nelson Muntz HA HA.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Richard Jaffe? My grandparents knew is family! Good people. They were part of a small Russian Jewish community near here.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 1/2/2018 at 3:58 PM, Carol said:

Apparently the Moore's used Mr. Jaffe to get one of their sons off on drug charge/s.  

Is this the son with the DUIs, or do they have two children with legal issues?

• Upvote 1

"Woman who accused Roy Moore of sexual misconduct sues him for defamation"

Spoiler

In a lawsuit that echoes a civil case against President Trump, an Alabama woman on Thursday sued failed U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore and his campaign for defamation, citing harsh personal attacks she faced after coming forward with allegations he touched her sexually when she was 14 years old.

Leigh Corfman is not seeking financial compensation beyond legal costs. She is asking for a declaratory judgment of defamation, a public apology from Moore, and a court-enforced ban on him or his campaign publicly attacking her again. She said in a statement that the suit seeks “to do what I could not do as a 14-year-old — hold Mr. Moore and those who enable him accountable.” 

A representative of Moore’s campaign, Brett Doster, said he had no immediate comment on the lawsuit, filed in state court in Montgomery County, Ala.

Corfman told The Washington Post in November that when Moore was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney in 1979, he took her to his house, undressed her, touched her over her underpants and bra and guided her hand to touch his genitals over his underwear.

Moore has called Corfman’s allegations of  abuse “politically motivated,” “completely false” and “malicious.” On Nov. 10, the day after the story published, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News he had never met Corfman but he did not rule out that he might have dated older teenagers when he was in his 30s. .

Five women, including Corfman, told The Post that Moore pursued them when they were teenagers.

The allegations upended the race and helped Democrats capture the seat for the first time in 25 years. On Election Day, exit polls showed 52 percent of voters in Alabama believed the allegations were probably or definitely true, and seven percent said those allegations were the most important factor in deciding their vote. 

Corfman’s suit — filed one day after Moore’s former opponent, Doug Jones, took the oath of office — represents a fledgling legal frontier where people who say they were victimized long ago are litigating their claims through defamation lawsuits. The strategy allows them to proceed even after the statute of limitations has run out for criminal charges or for a suit seeking damages for sexual abuse, as it has in Corfman’s case..

The defamation suit against Trump was brought by Summer Zervos, a former contestant on the reality show “The Apprentice” who says he kissed and groped her in 2007. The lawsuit centers on the president’s combative response during the 2016 campaign. Trump called the claims by multiple women that he had touched them improperly “big lies” and he called the women “liars.” A judge in New York State Supreme Court is weighing Trump’s motion to dismiss the case. 

Zervos’s attorney, Gloria Allred, has said that a defamation case she and attorney Mariann Meier Wang settled in New York in 2015 is “an important precedent.” In that case, two former ballboys accused a Syracuse University basketball coach of defaming them after they spoke up about alleged sexual abuse.

Allred also represents a woman who accused Moore of kissing and groping her when she was 16 years old. At a news conference, Beverly Young Nelson produced her high school yearbook containing an inscription she said was written by Moore to prove that he knew her, though she later acknowledged adding the location, date and initials “D.A.” after the signature.

Comedian Bill Cosby has also been sued for defamation in cases that involve allegations of abuse years ago ago. A federal judge in Pennsylvania last year tossed out a suit filed by a woman who said Cosby defamed her in the media after she accused him of drugging and sexually assaulting her. A separate defamation lawsuit, filed in 2014 by several women who say Cosby sexually assaulted them, is pending in Massachusetts.

Under a landmark Supreme Court ruling, the legal standard for defamation of a public figure is that the statements were known to be false or showed a “reckless disregard for the truth,” experts say. The standard is lower for defaming a private individual — negligence toward the truth  —though Corfman’s suit claims Moore’s comments meet the higher standard.

Corfman’s lawsuit cites numerous negative comments made by Moore and five top campaign allies, including campaign manager Rich Hobson, who announced Wednesday that he is running for Congress.

I hope she wins and is awarded a huge settlement. Maybe she can even have Sassy, who would probably be thrilled to get away from Moore.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On 1/2/2018 at 5:26 PM, AmazonGrace said:

And that Jewish lawyer goes to church!

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/roy-moore-jewish-lawyer-alabama/index.html

In his 30s, he became a practicing Christian.

"I had an experience of the reality of God at 33," Wishnatsky said. "I'm a Messianic Jew ... That's the term they use for a Jewish person who has accepted Christ."

He told AL.com he became a Mormon first, then later became an evangelical Protestant Christian.

Wishnatsky said he attends Centerpoint Fellowship Church in Prattville, Alabama.

edit:  Kayla Moore originally said that Richard Jaffe was their Jewish lawyer, but then changed her mind and said that Martin Wishnatsky was the real Jewish lawyer.  What are the chances that they'd know TWO Jewish lawyers???

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/roy-moores-jewish-lawyer-voted-for-doug-jones-raised-money-for-his-campaign/article/2644738

Editor's note: Kayla Moore told AL.com two days after this story published she was referring to another lawyer the family has employed, Martin Wishnatsky. This story has been corrected to note the change.

Edited by JMarie
  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

I hope whoever the fucker is  that did this they are punished to the fullest extent of the law.  And if Moore ordered someone to burn her house that he be disbarred and spend the rest of his life in prison.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

Okay, this is not about Ol' Roy, but this ass sounds like he could be friends with him: "Alabama newspaper executive accused of spanking female employees resigns"

Spoiler

A prominent newspaper executive in Alabama accused of spanking multiple female employees during the 1970s has resigned.

H. Brandt Ayers, 82, on Thursday stepped down as chairman of the board of Consolidated Publishing Co., which owns the Anniston Star and five other newspapers.

“It is of utmost importance to me that this newspaper continue to serve its role of reporting on matters of concern to the Anniston community and that nothing stand in the way of preserving the newspaper as an independently owned publication serving this community,” Ayers wrote in a statement to the Anniston Star. “I feel my resignation at this time is in the best interests of the paper and its mission.”

On Tuesday, Ayers admitted to the Anniston Star that he spanked at least one female reporter in her home decades ago, claiming he was simply following a doctor’s advice.

He claimed the woman, who worked at the Star between 1973 and 1974, had been psychologically ill, and a doctor had suggested he “calm her down,” Ayers told the Star. When Ayers asked the doctor if spanking would work, the doctor said it would, Ayers said. Ayers told the Star he could not recall the name of the physician.

The Star named the woman who was spanked, saying she may now be deceased. The Washington Post does not name victims of sexual assault who have not gone public with their stories.

Ayers also acknowledged allegations from Star reporter Veronica Pike Kennedy, who spoke publicly to the Star, the Montgomery Advertiser and the Alabama Political Reporter, that the publisher spanked her 18 times with a ruler in the Star newsroom in 1975. When asked about the alleged assault, Ayers told the Anniston Star: “Let the accusation stand.”

“As a very young man with more authority than judgment, I did some things I regret,” Ayers told the Anniston Star. “At my advanced age I wish I could relive those days again, knowing the seriousness of my position and with the accumulated judgment that goes with age.”

Earlier in the week, Ayers said he had no intention of resigning. “Of course not,” Ayers told the Star. “I am the third generation of a family that has served honorably, even courageously, in the public interest.”

Ayers, who owns part of Consolidated Publishing, said Thursday he will no longer serve as a director, chairman or employee of the company. His wife, Josephine Ayers, who had served as the board’s vice chairwoman, will replace him as chairman.

The allegations against Ayers were first reported on the website Alabama Political Reporter and later described in articles in the Anniston Star and Montgomery Advertiser.

Kennedy told the three publications Ayers spanked her on a Saturday morning in February 1975, when the two of them were among a few employees in the Star newsroom. Kennedy was 22 at the time, and Ayers, then publisher, turned 40 that same year.

Ayers asked her to read an article he had written. After reading it, she told him it “really is a good piece of writing,” Kennedy recounted to the Montgomery Advertiser. Though she knew he had written the piece for an editorial, she joked, “Can you tell me who wrote it?”

“And he said, ‘Oh, you are being a bad girl,’ ” Kennedy told the Advertiser. “’You know what I do to bad girls? I spank them.’”

Kennedy said she then held onto her chair as Ayers “picked me and the chair up” and then “bent me across the desk behind me.”

He allegedly spanked her forcefully 18 times with a metal pica pole, a type of ruler used by newspaper designers and editors at the time.

“I was fighting him the whole time. Trying to kick him. Bite him. Scratch him. Whatever I could do,” Kennedy told Alabama Political Reporter. Then Ayers told her, “Well, that ought to teach you to not be a bad girl.”

Another Star reporter, Mike Stamler, then 22, said he witnessed the assault from across the room.

“I was staring with my mouth hanging open,” he told the Advertiser. “I was stunned.”

Kennedy didn’t know what to do, she told the Alabama Political Reporter. “I just had to pull myself together because I could lose my job.” She also feared how her father would react, she said.

“I knew I couldn’t say anything because my daddy would get his .38 and shoot Brandy in the head, and he’d be in prison for the rest of his life,” Kennedy told the Star, referring to Ayers by his nickname.

Ayers was described by the Star as “among the best-known figures in Anniston, and one of the best-known small-town newspapermen in the South.” He was the son of the Star’s founder, Harry Ayers, and replaced his father as publisher in the late 1960s. He stepped down in 2016 but still serves as the publishing company’s chairman.

Leading the Star during the civil rights era, he became known nationwide for his views as a Southern liberal. He advocated for school integration — a rare progressive voice in a conservative state. His syndicated column has been published in newspapers across Alabama.

A summary of one of his books, “Cussing Dixie, Loving Dixie: Fifty Years of Commentary by H. Brandt Ayers,” calls the newspaperman, “A loyal son of Alabama who extols Southern culture” and “unapologetically calls for Alabamians to cast off the moribund ideologies of the past.”

But in other writings, Ayers touched on the controversial topic of spanking. In his book “In Love with Defeat: The Making of a Southern Liberal,” Ayers wrote that in the 1940s, spanking “was as American and Southern as fried chicken on Sundays.”

He described a date with the woman who later became his wife, Josephine. At one point on the date, he became upset with her and “made a comment not calculated to endear me, ‘If I knew you better, I’d spank you.’ ”

Trisha O’Connor, a journalism professor who worked at the Star as a reporter and editor during the 1970s, told the Associated Press that stories of Ayers’s assaults on women were common knowledge in the newsroom at the time. She and other female employees at the newspaper would warn new female workers to avoid Ayers.

“We took it to upper management and said, ‘We need assistance. This is terrible,’ ” said O’Connor, who teaches at Coastal Carolina University in Conway, S.C. “Basically, from what we were able to see, nothing happened.”

The allegations against Ayers first emerged in mid November, in an online column by Joey Kennedy in the Alabama Political Reporter, vaguely mentioning allegations involving his wife, Veronica Pike Kennedy, against a publisher. He didn’t initially mention Ayers by name.

Eddie Burkhalter, then a reporter at the Star, noticed the column and expressed interest in reporting on the story. Burkhalter claims the newspaper would not allow him to pursue the story about the allegations. In response, Burkhalter quit his job and reported the story for a different outlet, the Alabama Political Reporter.

Ben Cunningham, managing editor at the Star, wrote in a commentary that Burkhalter’s allegations about pursuit of the story are “flatly false.” Bob Davis, the current editor and publisher of the Star, wrote in a separate column that he instructed Cunningham to tell Burkhalter to suspend work on the story for a few days until they had a chance to discuss how they would go about treating anonymous sources. Burkhalter agreed to wait, Davis said, but later revealed that he had continued reporting anyway.

Then Burkhalter resigned and the Star assigned a new reporter to the story. The Star published its story shortly after the Alabama Political Reporter. On Tuesday, Burkhalter started work in a plumbing supply warehouse as a clerk.

“The airing of these allegations, in our pages and elsewhere, are a difficult time for this extended family,” Cunningham wrote. “For the women who say Ayers attacked them, though, I hope it leads to peace and to a sense of justice.”

I have no words.

• WTF 8

Someone started a GoFundMe to help Moore's accuser rebuild;

https://www.gofundme.com/helptinajohnson

I donated since this is the biggest way of saying fornicate you to Moore, Agent Orange, and their supporters.

• Upvote 12

@47of74 I think many people thought like you did. I just checked and the fund asked for $ 40,000.00 and has raised over $ 69000.00 in 17 hours. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

@47of74 I think many people thought like you did. I just checked and the fund asked for $ 40,000.00 and has raised over $ 69000.00 in 17 hours. 

They raised the goal to $100,000, and they have now raised $134,054! :pb_smile:

• Upvote 9