IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin: Skinny for Jesus

nausicaa

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They could be in debt up to their eyeballs.

Michelle Duggar: "Now, Gwen... What does the Biiiiible say about debt?"

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, luv2laugh said:

How in the world do they get the $1 mil homes and cars? Is Gwen giving them money?

No clue!! Some people come to the church with money. I wouldn’t put it past Gwen to give out money to make people in her debt. 

2 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

I’m sure the terms of Gwen’s divorce could be found in public records but I’m sure it’s ridiculous. 

Also, I read that Gwen's mansion was sold to her for $1 by a friend. Is that right? Also both of her two kids, Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth live in $1million+ mansions. I don't think the brother and sister are earning THAT much.

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Michelle Duggar: "Now, Gwen... What does the Biiiiible say about debt?"

Oh man that would be an interesting conversation to listen to. Michelle Duggar and Gwen 

I read in a testimony by an ex member that came down for a wedding event in Brentwood with his wife. He had been laid off and receiving unemployment benefits.

Gwen chastised him and his wife's employment situation: The first Saturday we were there, we went to the Shamblin estate to offer our support in preparing the grounds for an upcoming Remnant wedding. When we pulled onto the property,Gwen was outside directing the activities and gave us a disapproving look.
Then she asked us, "What are you doing here?" We responded, "Robie Bass invited us down, so that we could witness how others lived this Remnant lifestyle."
She began questioning us: were we on vacation? or what was our present employment status? When she discovered that I was receiving unemployment benefits at this time (due to a layoff), she wanted to know why I was in Nashville instead of back in Ohio looking for work. She then walked off. 

"Then we talked with Gwen some more, and she questioned us as to why Betsy was not working. She was concerned that we seemed to be "on vacation" visiting in Nashville when we both should be actively pursuing jobs in Ohio.  I told her that Betsy had had health problems for the past two years and wasn't working because of it. She lost her job due to health reasons. I told her how I believed God answered a prayer by directing us to go to a chiropractor for her problems. She proceeded to say in a loud voice, "You can't go to a chiropractor. Don't you know that they drug you before they treat you?" Once again we were shocked. Then someone called her away and our time with her that night was over."

Link to his testimony: http://www.spiritwatch.org/RFtest5.htm

2 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Also, I read that Gwen's mansion was sold to her for $1 by a friend. Is that right? Also both of her two kids, Michael Shamblin and Elizabeth live in $1million+ mansions. I don't think the brother and sister are earning THAT much.

I’m sure it was “sold” to her by one of her humpers. 

Holy moly this thread is HOT!  Welcome home to all the newcomers because that is what Free Jinger is: home.

Money was one of the things I wondered about as well. Looking through the photos of past weddings, it seems as though people (or the church?) are spending some serious money on them. I also noticed in the upcoming weddings that two of couples grew up on the same street, which leads me to think that they live in enclaves with each other.

Any street any very close proximity to the church is full of Remnant members. My other daughter has a friend in one of those neighborhoods and she said the family gets freaked out by how many there are. I just told the mom not to drink the punch. But apparently Gwen also has control over where you live. If you have narrowed it down to a few, she will tell you which one to buy(from the mouth of an ex member) and another exmember said that Gwen made them switch houses with another couple because they were elderly or something and needed a ranch. Shady real estate deals maybe thru their own mortgage companies? There are better than 10 companies listed on the same address as Weighdown and the church address. BTW-Gwen's ex husband got the Weighdown building in the divorce. 

15 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Money was one of the things I wondered about as well. Looking through the photos of past weddings, it seems as though people (or the church?) are spending some serious money on them. I also noticed in the upcoming weddings that two of couples grew up on the same street, which leads me to think that they live in enclaves with each other.

The weddings are in large part paid for in sweat it seems. Therefore members are volunteering their time, energy, and money to help out with these grand spectacles. Gwen even says so herself on the website. That they quote, “throw $100,000 weddings for the fraction of the price.”

5 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Any street any very close proximity to the church is full of Remnant members. My other daughter has a friend in one of those neighborhoods and she said the family gets freaked out by how many there are. I just told the mom not to drink the punch. But apparently Gwen also has control over where you live. If you have narrowed it down to a few, she will tell you which one to buy(from the mouth of an ex member) and another exmember said that Gwen made them switch houses with another couple because they were elderly or something and needed a ranch. Shady real estate deals maybe thru their own mortgage companies? There are better than 10 companies listed on the same address as Weighdown and the church address. BTW-Gwen's ex husband got the Weighdown building in the divorce. 

Don’t forget that Gwen’s son in law is a  Real estate agent

3 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

And Brandon Hannah, Gwen’s son in law, is a realtor who handles almost all the church members’ real estate transactions. So they have a financial interest in as many people joining as possible. I read a review online complaining he only wanted to show homes where he was also  the listing agent so he could double-dip and get all the commission. 

4 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

Don’t forget that Gwen’s son in law is a  Real estate agent

That I'm sure every member is supposed to use. Just like the other businesses. My child took her vehicle(registered to me) to have it serviced. Keep in mind that its a 2016 with 18k miles on it(under warranty and that she is still a teenager). She told us what they did to it and I hit the roof. Found out it was owned by a Remnant member and they had done stuff that shouldn't have been done and if it had really needed to be done, her warranty would have covered it. I went there with title in my hand and questioned them(I recorded it too). By the time I got home they were calling me saying they would refund her the money. So they'll even screw over their own members. 

And I just looked at the web site. There’s a banner disclaimer: “PLEASE NOTE: We are in no way associated, connected, or affiliated with the Remnant Fellowship Church in Auburn, Indiana.”

The Indiana church had a anti-gay sign.

But if you listen to old classes and sermons, the Tennessee Remnant is by no means gay-friendly or tolerant  (the Stronghold Class promises it could turn anyone from the wrong passion — including food, drugs and homosexuality). They share the same mindset of that other church, they just say it behind closed doors.

7 minutes ago, sajetime said:

And I just looked at the web site. There’s a banner disclaimer: “PLEASE NOTE: We are in no way associated, connected, or affiliated with the Remnant Fellowship Church in Auburn, Indiana.”

The Indiana church had a anti-gay sign.

But if you listen to old classes and sermons, the Tennessee Remnant is by no means gay-friendly or tolerant  (the Stronghold Class promises it could turn anyone from the wrong passion — including food, drugs and homosexuality). They share the same mindset of that other church, they just say it behind closed doors.

I have a distinct memory of being told that we weren’t supposed to shop at a local store because the owner was gay...Gwen is less direct than she used to be but same sentiment I’m sure

1 hour ago, SJWaterford said:

It seems Hannah is the one that filed tho so I wonder if she had the option of staying in the marriage or if she was pressured to file for divorce. 

Well I will tell you that I saw Gwen at the courthouse today and a news camera did show up and they ran for their lives and didn't want to proceed. 

Why was Gwen at the courthouse? Getting their marriage license? (And who ran away — Gwen or the camera crew?)

@RFsurvivorI am fascinated and repelled by the Remnants in a train wreck way, Having you here is a dream come true.  I have sooooooo many questions so bear with me.  

1.  In your experience, what was the oddest/ stupidest/ weirdest/ most ridiculous Remnant belief?

2. What exactly does 'getting under authority' mean?  They say it all the time in the videos. Is this just doing everything Gwen says in every single detail of one's life? Asking her permission before making  any decision?

3.  Do you think Gwen and her children actually believe what they are spouting or is it simply a money making scam to them? 

3A.  Do you think the Remnant Royalty who spout the same stuff really believe it?

4.  Couples marrying are so very young, 17-22;  obviously early marriage is encouraged/ arranged. None of them seem to go to college. How are they expected to support themselves,  the largish families, tithe to the church and donate all that time and money to the various "volunteer" ministries without good-paying jobs?

5.  If RF people are only supposed to hang out with RF people and they never do anything but RF stuff, what on earth do they talk about? God and the greatness of Gwen 24/7?

6.  Why all the Jewish traditions/beliefs/calendar incorporated into cult-church?

7.  RF seems fairly anti LGBTQ. If the Langsdon son did come out as gay, would his parents disown him?

8.  Seriously -- RF members can only listen to Michael's music?  Because I think he's a mediocre musician/ singer at best.  Are RF-ers expected to praise his musical genius?

9.  Is Elizabeth Hannah as scary skinny in person as in photos?  Since she used her 1st name, Michelle, until a few years ago, why the change?

10.  How did Gwen and Remnant leadership explain the complete absence of David Shamblin.  Was it just never mentioned or talked about.  Didn't anyone wonder why he was never there/ seen?

11.  What do the Remnant Royalty and the others do for a living that they could all just give up their former lives and move to Brentwood to follow Gwen?  Brentwood is not a cheap place to live. I have the impression that many of the R Royalty work for the cult-church, True?

12.  Are women openly discouraged/  told not to work/ have careers?

The gossip on Michael is that he is/ has been chronically unfaithful to his wife. Who wanted a divorce but was, I believe, threatened with losing custody of her children into staying.  Gwen supposedly paid off Michael's girlfriends (big $$$).  I did read a rumor somewhere that 1 or more of the girlfriends were young RF members, the rest were outsiders.

54 minutes ago, sajetime said:

Why was Gwen at the courthouse? Getting their marriage license? (And who ran away — Gwen or the camera crew?)

Gwen and her squad ran away. Didn't want to be on the news/bad publicity considering why she was there. I won't say why we were there, but it wasn't for her marriage license. 

Re: the questions about where they get their money. Weigh Down is a ministry of the church - a 501c3. Weigh Down currently charges $99/6-week introductory course. To clear $1 million (tax free) she only needs 10,000 people worldwide to take the intro course. The regular program costs $24.99 per month with a one-year contract with NO cancellation policy. She only needs about 3,333 people worldwide to sign up to clear $1 million.

Add in all the RF members tithing and it's clear she's making bank and then some. 

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@RFsurvivorI am fascinated and repelled by the Remnants in a train wreck way, Having you here is a dream come true.  I have sooooooo many questions so bear with me.  

1.  In your experience, what was the oddest/ stupidest/ weirdest/ most ridiculous Remnant belief?

2. What exactly does 'getting under authority' mean?  They say it all the time in the videos. Is this just doing everything Gwen says in every single detail of one's life? Asking her permission before making  any decision?

3.  Do you think Gwen and her children actually believe what they are spouting or is it simply a money making scam to them? 

3A.  Do you think the Remnant Royalty who spout the same stuff really believe it?

4.  Couples marrying are so very young, 17-22;  obviously early marriage is encouraged/ arranged. None of them seem to go to college. How are they expected to support themselves,  the largish families, tithe to the church and donate all that time and money to the various "volunteer" ministries without good-paying jobs?

5.  If RF people are only supposed to hang out with RF people and they never do anything but RF stuff, what on earth do they talk about? God and the greatness of Gwen 24/7?

6.  Why all the Jewish traditions/beliefs/calendar incorporated into cult-church?

7.  RF seems fairly anti LGBTQ. If the Langsdon son did come out as gay, would his parents disown him?

8.  Seriously -- RF members can only listen to Michael's music?  Because I think he's a mediocre musician/ singer at best.  Are RF-ers expected to praise his musical genius?

9.  Is Elizabeth Hannah as scary skinny in person as in photos?  Since she used her 1st name, Michelle, until a few years ago, why the change?

10.  How did Gwen and Remnant leadership explain the complete absence of David Shamblin.  Was it just never mentioned or talked about.  Didn't anyone wonder why he was never there/ seen?

11.  What do the Remnant Royalty and the others do for a living that they could all just give up their former lives and move to Brentwood to follow Gwen?  Brentwood is not a cheap place to live. I have the impression that many of the R Royalty work for the cult-church, True?

12.  Are women openly discouraged/  told not to work/ have careers?

The gossip on Michael is that he is/ has been chronically unfaithful to his wife. Who wanted a divorce but was, I believe, threatened with losing custody of her children into staying.  Gwen supposedly paid off Michael's girlfriends (big $$$).  I did read a rumor somewhere that 1 or more of the girlfriends were young RF members, the rest were outsiders.

I’ll try to answer as many questions as I can! I do this in hopes that if someone in RF does stumble across/research online that hopefully it may help them see. 

1) oddest beliefs—I would say how young they marry off people and how short of an amount of time a couple dates before being expecting to get engaged. You basically “Court” because it’s frowned upon to do real dates. Atleast once my parents were called because another member saw my bf (now husband) out on a date together alone. Also the whole WFG. 

2) getting under authority meant listening to what you are told and not asking why or questioning. Wife’s should be obedient to their husbands no matter what. Children obedient to parents. The church to Gwen. 

3) I think it’s a bit of both. Michael at one point left the church and returned. The rumor was that he slept around (cheating on his at the time pregnant wife). But he returned so he believes in something but not sure what. Elizabeth is all in it and all to sure of it. 

3a) I think they all believe it to a large extent. Either that or they put on quite an act. There were leaders that left at one point and that caused quite a stir. 

4) they all employ each other. No joke. People without proper experience would get hired to work for other members. School was only encouraged if you didn’t go away for school and still made it to every event. Going away for school needed Gwen’s blessing (I wish I was joining)  also by titheing “God would always give back” was preached and believed

5) you talk about what is happening in your relationship with god. What you are improving on. All sorts of bullshit. What I realized when I left was that all the people who were my best friends really knew nothing about me because any time I tried to have a real conversation it was somehow turned back to how great god and Gwen were and that it’s all in God’s plan. So every conversation felt the same. They also keep you busy  events almost 4x a week. It was difficult to do anything else. plus if you didn’t show up often enough you would be asked what was going on and why were you not putting gods house and gods family first.

6) god never said to stop having the Jewish holidays. That’s all the explanation I remember. 

7) 100000000000% I have sources that say he was basically disowned. 

8) you have no clue. I was involved in the music side of the house and it’s all praise. You should see if there are any clips of the hosanna symphony. Awful music and worse acting. He was super praised because he had no training but god gifted him

9) yes. Hugging her felt like you might break her. Also the name change was over 15 years ago. She started going by Elizabeth in college I believe. 

10) he was explained away pretty simply. Gwen was the most humble beulah wife. Not sure if they still have that part still on the site/belief portion. But someone who is married to a non believer/ non member is a Beulah. Based on some bible verse 

11) many work for the church or weight down or WFG. 

12) i don’t know if opening discouraged is the right word but discouraged behind closed doors for sure. I knew many women who were chastised for what they wanted to do for a career if it didn’t support the RF lifestyle. It was common that the husband had the better paying job and the career while many of the wives took care of the kids. 

I hope I answered everything! 

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The original Mrs. Langston (the mother and former leader) divorced her husband — or vice versa — and left the church years ago. I was told by a former member who figured she probably got tired of her husband always at Gwen’s beck and call (and in ne of the old videos — maybe at the end of the Change series, they are strangely jokey/flirty, uncomfortably so). She’s still in some of the old class videos. All her children stayed in the church and with their father, who remarried in the church, and now this son has left the church.

58 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

3) I think it’s a bit of both. Michael at one point left the church and returned. The rumor was that he slept around (cheating on his at the time pregnant wife). But he returned so he believes in something but not sure what. Elizabeth is all in it and all to sure of it. 

I get the impression Michael is not around much, if at all these days. He’s been scarce since the end of last year — is it possible his mother’s divorce/dating has alienated him? He’s no longer doing the music regularly, but he might show up for one song and leave. He’s rarely present and he looks heavier. 

3 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

Gwen and her squad ran away. Didn't want to be on the news/bad publicity considering why she was there. I won't say why we were there, but it wasn't for her marriage license. 

Can you tell us more?

This video is typical Geraldo, but check out Gwen.  She is slim, but not the scary, scary anorexic skinny she is now.  She looks so much more normal.  Also not wearing the super big big hair yet.

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic

Archived