IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

@applejack, that was my thought too. If he hates his NO parents so badly and wants to move closer to his parish so he can meet a Catholic sweetheart, he needs to get it in gear. Most of us have probably had terrible jobs that we hated, but kept going to because we were working for an honest wage and building experience. (Ask me about the time I marched in a parade dressed as a duck...or was a seamstress’s assistant sewing white beads on white wedding dresses all day). It’s part of how we prove that we’re capable of bigger, more important jobs. He doesn’t appear to have ever held an entry-level job doing anything, anywhere. No wonder people don’t want to hire him for the high-paying, high-responsibility gig to which he feels entitled. 

ETA: I dated a guy for a brief period who was unemployed, but had recently graduated with a master’s degree, so I didn’t think too much of it. However, it became apparently he had this same issue, because on phone interviews and the like, he’d 9 times out of 10 tell them, “this isn’t the job for me.” I mean, it’s his perogative, but don’t go complaining you have no money and no job when you’re turning down interviews because the job doesn’t perfectly meet your expectations. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I can't get over the fact that his "dream home" for his large Catholic family is only 1.5 bathrooms. That's not nearly enough.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

God bless him, but this is one of those situations where Michelle Duggar's "expectations ruin relationships" speech would be welcome. This guy has ZERO idea how a marriage works, and his expectations are ridiculous. It's important to have some standards and traits you want in a partner, but wow. He's got such high expectations that no woman could meet, and if he did by some miracle find a girl who meets his criteria, she'd be running the first time he insisted on sex on demand. He's obviously got issues and needs mental health help, I hope he's getting some. Not sounding judgy, just realistic. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@Red Hair, Black Dress, I think it’s on the sidebar in the desktop version of the blog (the mobile version just has the blog posts) along with his “Letter to Novus Ordo Women,” “How to Sit in a Pew,” and a link containing all the letters he’s written to the Vatican.

• Upvote 6

He is going to be sorely disappointed when said Jillian doesn't materialize out of thin air. I pray to all that's holy that he doesn't take a turn for the worst and become violent or take it out on those around him. He wants this Jillian chick to be all of these things but he doesn't have anything going for him himself. When we talk about fundies getting married many times unless its a desperation situation it's on par with a business deal and fundie dads would see Whittle as not a worthy candidate. How does he expect to make all of this happen when he has no income, isn't employed, spends all day writing drivel online, and hates the pope? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8

I haven't been able to drag myself out of this rabbit hole.  His views of women are frightening.  Despite his protestations to the contrary, he talks about women and girls like they're objects for having sex.  Examples, emphasis mine:  

Matthew also wrote a post on why female species cannot serve on the altar, which can be accessed here.

...It also spills the beans on Novus Ordo presbyters who think that they can have girls running around and playing in the sacristy. There are only mens rooms in the sacristy, since only men and boys belong there! Would a priest want to take on a liability that an unmarried boy and girl have relations in the sacristy? I DON'T THINK SO!

...None of these women never wore a head covering of some sort. Most had lesbian haircuts. Most more pants. They were not married nor have taken a simple vow of chastity. They had no clue what modesty was, and I'm glad I'm out of there.

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/2011/06/goodbye-altar-girls.html

While Canon Law says that men can marry and be a godfather at 16 and women can marry and be a godmother at 14, Massachusetts General Laws state that both the male and female parties must be 18 on the day they take out a marriage license. Okay, I can live with that. 

I also noted his comment on a seven-year-old's modest communion dress as what he'd like to see on his bride.  

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/2011/10/where-is-catholic-girl.html

All this means: I place this ring to join to you, with all my heart, soul, and estate; I will love you and have sex with you for the rest of our lives, and I give all my personal belongs to you as we both own them in the name of Jesus and His Church.

Note that the vows he's explaining say nothing about "having sex for the rest of our lives."  

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/p/what-vows-mean-in-english.html

My goal is not to find a wife and abuse it,

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/2011/10/

Edited by acheronbeach
purple prose/riffles
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

The first time I've heard him talk is on this video. He has problems. I'm no expert but I'm thinking Autism/Aspergers type problem? He cannot help who he is. I feel sorry for him. He has high hopes and a vision for a happy future which he sadly will probably not get. I hope he has a supportive family.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

@Red Hair, Black Dress, I think it’s on the sidebar in the desktop version of the blog (the mobile version just has the blog posts) along with his “Letter to Novus Ordo Women,” “How to Sit in a Pew,” and a link containing all the letters he’s written to the Vatican.

Okay, I'm still not seeing it. Is it title something else besides "Statement of Persecution"? 

14 minutes ago, fundiefun said:

When we talk about fundies getting married many times unless its a desperation situation it's on par with a business deal and fundie dads would see Whittle as not a worthy candidate. How does he expect to make all of this happen when he has no income, isn't employed, spends all day writing drivel online, and hates the pope? 

Unlike Protestant fundies in the IFB orbit, Catholic traditionalists don’t do the grifting as “ministry” thing. This is because official ministry is monopolized by the ordained priesthood, although I have seen “family apostolates” that sell religious books and sacramentals online.   While I have no doubt that many trads would agree with Whittle that simply liking old architecture is enough to be an architect, as he is now he doesn’t bring much to the table as a potential son in law. 

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The first time I've heard him talk is on this video. He has problems. I'm no expert but I'm thinking Autism/Aspergers type problem? He cannot help who he is. I feel sorry for him. He has high hopes and a vision for a happy future which he sadly will probably not get. I hope he has a supportive family.

I saw a bit of the video and he definitely strikes me as someone on the spectrum (it takes one to know one, as the saying goes). Whittle may not be able to help that, but he can definitely stop calling women “it” and ditch the ridiculous notion that altar girls are a slippery slope to debauchery in the sanctuary.

• Upvote 17

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

he can definitely stop calling women “it” and ditch the ridiculous notion that altar girls are a slippery slope to debauchery in the sanctuary.

This.  Hating/marginalizing/objectifying whole groups of people is not a symptom of autism.  Autistic people often say and do awkward and uncomfortable things, but this is far beyond that.    

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I don't understand why crucifixes are covered up? 

The comment section in that video are interesting there are quite a bit of posters who say they are women who do like the TLM mass, but don't headcover or a variant of other things compared to his "list" of musts for a women.

• Upvote 7

Ok -- this video ticked me off.  Novus Ordo Catholics do not worship eggs and bunnies at Easter. We definitely pray the Rosary. We say grace before meals. We understand what Lent is all about. We know Christmas is about Christ's birth.  How dare he throw shade on 100s of 1000s of faithful Catholics.

I realize that there is probably something wrong with this guy, but cheese n'rice he is annoying, off-putting and maddening.  He has open contempt for NO Catholics, including his family.  He hates them, but is perfectly willing to live off them while dogging them out.  I suspect they may not like him either.

I have a close friend from college who is high-functioning Asperger -- he is nothing like Trad Man. I think this guy is seriously on the spectrum.  No snark intended, but I really hope his family is getting him some help/ therapy.  Assuming he would even accept the help, rather than reject it as another way he is persecuted. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

Well, all of these people who are critical of Christendom's Most Eligible Bachelor are of the female species and probably nearing fifty.  Christendom's Most Eligible Bachelor is not a fan of women nearing fifty:

And what really strikes them as that the use of a condom actually ruins a woman's reproductive system! Why do you think many women get "bitchy" by the time they are 50?

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/2014/05/planned-parenthood-collecting-signatures.html

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 9
  • Love 1

In the video, he says he "had to get rid of the first one" (meaning an ex-girlfriend)... and then again says he "had to get rid of her," as if she were a spoiled banana or something.

Oh, ex-girlfriend of this human... wherever you are, count your blessings.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

And what really strikes them as that the use of a condom actually ruins a woman's reproductive system! Why do you think many women get "bitchy" by the time they are 50?

https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.ca/2014/05/planned-parenthood-collecting-signatures.htm

Not trying to be snarky here, but I'm guessing his mom would be around fifty, so....

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

What gets me is that he doesn't even have the maturity or class to simply state his reasoning as to why he feels his beliefs are superior to NO Catholics, he has to insult and belittle to try to get his point across. He refers to NO Catholic Mass as a "cookie ceremony", claims NO Catholics worship bunnies and Easter eggs, and that NO women are routinely "half naked" when in church. He's a sheep, no doubt about it. He hears or reads some quarter truths about anything related to Catholicism and turns around and proclaims it as Gospel. Yep, he's going to be waiting a long time for any decent girl to show him any interest, until he "gets rid of her" of course. What a turd whistle. 

Edited by HumbleJillyMuffin
  • Upvote 6

Condoms cause bitchiness in women but only once they hit 50. And he is most worried about abortions because it is quote "killing our future tax paying citizens." Cool. And never mind all the other non-truths in the one blog entry.

His header image... Oh my. He is a scary movie waiting to be filmed.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I saw a bit of the video and he definitely strikes me as someone on the spectrum (it takes one to know one, as the saying goes). Whittle may not be able to help that, but he can definitely stop calling women “it” and ditch the ridiculous notion that altar girls are a slippery slope to debauchery in the sanctuary.

Thats why I'm having a hard time bagging on this guy,  even though I'm still reading comments and agreeing with them.  I think it's more than spectrum.  People on the spectrum are not total assholes with delusions of grandeur and preferring homelessness.  I'm afraid he will get violent if he actually finds a girl who may have special needs herself.  He reminds me of the guys/girls who are trying so hard to fit in and just can't.   So, they cling to ideas hardcore.  His went to ugly and judgemental.  He's hyper focused trying to make life happen.  But, not on himself.   On women/ girls who he can't have, so, he's trying to turn the tables.  Same with his education.  I don't think he could cut it in college, so, everyone and the whole system is wrong, not his ability.  It's part sad and part scary.

ETA: The extreme Catholicism makes him feel superior, it's something he can be better at then most regular Catholics .  Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

He actually sounds a lot like he’s got some kind of narcissistic personality disorder. I don’t really think he has ASD, he may just be awkward socially. 

I think it's always important to remember that someone can be autistic AND an asshole.

Spoiler

My brother is autistic. He's also a selfish, entitled, unpleasant jerk-off who uses his autism as an excuse for absolutely everything. Yes, a certain amount of social awkwardness is probably inevitable, but he has no interest in even trying to improve his social skills. He pretty much revels in being an asshole. He also has zero interest in holding down a job (or volunteering, or contributing anything to anyone in any way).

I'm positive he's capable of both, he graduated from Tulane, he's plenty smart enough.

The thing is, do you do the best you can with what you have, or do you use what you don't have as an excuse to do your worst?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, smittykins said:

I'm not even Catholic anymore, but I still pray the Rosary.

Some Lutherans and Anglicans do too. I pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy sometimes. I know people who pray the more standard versions every day. 

• Upvote 4