IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

On 11/29/2017 at 9:43 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

1.) Everyone says no one would ever meet this guy's standards, but I sort of think if he were ever lucky enough to meet  'young Catholic sweetheart' he would jump at the opportunity as long as she were a traditional Catholic... all the other criteria would get thrown out the window  No way would this guy pass up a chance to have a girlfriend.

Considering the diatribes I read by neckbeards online where they call women like Kate Upton "ugly" and spew the most vile shit I've ever heard about "fake gamer girls" or any woman who is about as close to their fantasy as reality will get with the sole exception of being human women with autonomous thoughts and preferences, I'm guessing he'd push away a trad Catholic woman named Jillian who looks like a modested-up version of Jennifer Lawrence and totally loves self-taught architects, because he'd find something that didn't fit the fantasy, or because he just wants to put down women because that's the one little bit of power he has, or because his self-loathing is such that he knows he's out of her league and she'd leave him anyway, so why give her the satisfaction of being the leaver, when he can get that same satisfaction?

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I've been reading this thread, but didn't visit the blog until just now. I thought the thread title was a joke, then I see that it's actually in the header of his blog. 
Flashbacks to my first husband, who described himself in a singles ad (late 80s, before the internet) as "eligible Christian bachelor, owns own home, considered handsome."

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Considering the diatribes I read by neckbeards online where they call women like Kate Upton "ugly" and spew the most vile shit I've ever heard about "fake gamer girls" or any woman who is about as close to their fantasy as reality will get with the sole exception of being human women with autonomous thoughts and preferences, I'm guessing he'd push away a trad Catholic woman named Jillian who looks like a modested-up version of Jennifer Lawrence and totally loves self-taught architects, because he'd find something that didn't fit the fantasy, or because he just wants to put down women because that's the one little bit of power he has, or because his self-loathing is such that he knows he's out of her league and she'd leave him anyway, so why give her the satisfaction of being the leaver, when he can get that same satisfaction?

Even if Whittle found his Catholic sweetheart, he’d quickly get disillusioned with her. Since he expects her to have sex whenever he wants, be “open to life,”homeschooling all of the resulting blessings, I could see him complaining about the future Mrs Whittle “letting herself go” after the effects of pregnancy take their toll on her body with little downtime to recover.

Edited by Cleopatra7
  • Upvote 18
  • Love 1

Looking at his resume and work samples, for a 25 or 26 year old man,  his chances of finding a job are about the same as finding a wife. He reminds me of a couple of single men I know, and no amount of reason has any effect on their behaviors. I won't speculate on his mental health or his possible diagnoses, but he is definitely someone that needs a community keeping an eye on him. I hope he is receiving the services he needs and his priest is well acquainted with him and his blog, to ensure that things don't take a dangerous turn. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

That guy clearly has mental issues, but the direction he's in, saying "I want this, I want that, she can't be like this, she can't be like that" is one many guys do. It's tedious to read and I doubt they ever get anyone's attention.

When they could easily get women interested by instead stating what they can bring into the relationship. Even this whacko - saying something like "I'm very devout, take the Tridentine Mass seriously, would love nothing better than to share my journey with a like-minded woman" reads a lot better than "99.9999% of the world population isn't good enough for my own mediocre self".

Also, not being funny - there are more women than men in many charitable efforts (soup kitchen, clothes drive etc). If he spent the time he's currently spending online writing tedious descriptions of how many ways a woman can fall short volunteering instead, chances are he'd either meet someone suitable or meet one of these people who love to match-make and would be able to introduce him to someone suitable.

What an idiot.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

His current job is making logos (uber-Catholic ones) and selling them on Cafe Press, and writing self-published books. I wonder how he actually survives?

• Upvote 4

I used to think I wanted this calendar for Christmas...

but now I'm leaning toward this one. Maybe a tank and thong set. 

Screenshot 2017-12-02 at 12.57.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2017-12-02 at 12.58.38 PM.png

OMG, his 2nd floor bathroom has two toilets. SIDE BY SIDE. 

Screenshot 2017-12-02 at 1.05.53 PM.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, clarinetpower said:

Could one of them be a bidet?

That is, assuming he knows what bidets are.

• Upvote 8

He may be on some sort of disability, but that's just a guess.  My sister has been on disability for many, many years and she knows her way around all the government programs that are available to help her.  At first I thought this was manipulation on her part, she's had so many diseases/disabilities that I couldn't keep track of them.  It turns out I am grateful she has these programs, otherwise I really do think she could have ended up on the streets.  

I read more of his blog this morning and I've never heard anyone, even extreme Catholics, say that Natural Family Planning is regularly misused.  I doubt he would be the type of husband who would give up sex for even a short period after the birth of any of his children.  He does not come across as someone who would be considerate of his wife's needs.

The chance of him finding any woman who meets his criteria seems almost non-existent.  Unless he gets long term counseling and healthy emotional support he'll likely be alone the rest of his life.  The person he is now gives off "abusive" vibes and I fear for any woman he would marry.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, Carol said:

I read more of his blog this morning and I've never heard anyone, even extreme Catholics, say that Natural Family Planning is regularly misused.  I doubt he would be the type of husband who would give up sex for even a short period after the birth of any of his children.  He does not come across as someone who would be considerate of his wife's needs.

I think his rationale for saying the NFP is regularly abused is that most couples who practice it still hope to have small families, so they’re practicing it with a “contraception mindset.” For Catholics like Whittle, there’s never a legitimate reason to not want to have a baby or be pregnant, so there’s no point in using NFP. The idea that Catholics were/are more fecund than their Protestant peers stems back only to the 1930s, when bishops were bothered that the white Catholic birthdate in the US had plummeted because of contraceptive use (I would also think the Great Depression didn’t make for the best conditions for being pregnant either). Under the influence of Pope Pius XI’s encyclical Castii Connubi, which condemned birth control, abortion, mastrubation, and out of wedlock pregnancies as grave moral evils, the bishops embarked upon a campaign to peer pressure their flocks into having large families. This was successful until the 1960s when the Pill came out, but studies undertaken by the Vatican during this time on the subject indicated that many married Catholics were unhappy with the birth control ban long before then for obvious reasons. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

I also worry about any future wife he finds, since he really does give off abusive vibes to me. In a post he made, he even referred to his future wife as "it" when he said that he "would never abuse it." I think he's the type who would demand sex even when his wife would need to recover from childbirth. I'd also hate to think of how he'd react if his wife was infertile or kept having miscarriages.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Could one of them be a bidet?

That is, assuming he knows what bidets are.

Having seen his architectural plans, I doubt it. He has a 3 bedroom house with a one car garage planned as his dream house for his large Catholic family. There's also nowhere in the first floor for a staircase to either the basement or the second floor, and the basement includes a weirdly shaped "staircase to the second floor" that kind of looks like a misshapen couch. The laundry room is in the basement. Asshole. (spoken using my mom voice) I'm doubtful he's heard of a bidet, but if he has, it's likely forbidden by the same canon law that disallows masturbation.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, clarinetpower said:

He has a 3 bedroom house with a one car garage planned as his dream house for his large Catholic family. There's also nowhere in the first floor for a staircase to either the basement or the second floor, and the basement includes a weirdly shaped "staircase to the second floor" that kind of looks like a misshapen couch.

And he thinks that architectural licensing procedures in MA should be relaxed? :2wankers:

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, clarinetpower said:

Okay, sorry to get off topic here, but I have seen this calendar being sold and got a good laugh out of it, but I did not realize that there was a non-Canadian version. THIS is the version being sold in stores in Canada:

jtbf.thumb.png.e8acb3e1d043151f994a1d4a1be0aac8.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, clarinetpower said:

I used to think I wanted this calendar for Christmas...

but now I'm leaning toward this one. Maybe a tank and thong set. 

Screenshot 2017-12-02 at 12.57.29 PM.png

Screenshot 2017-12-02 at 1.05.53 PM.png

I once saw a frat house bathroom that took out the dividing wall between two toilets because they wanted to accommodate what's sometimes known as the "double dragon" or, in a more vulgar parlance, shomiting.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I feel like Justin Trudeau is far more popular amongst Americans than Canadians... I'm personally not a fan, but compared to the American president, he's outstanding.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

...but compared to the American president, he's outstanding.

A houseplant or a pet gerbil is impressive when compared to the current American president. So is a fungus, a sleeping sloth, a moldy piece of bread... It's quite a long list, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, whenever I moan about the political situation in the UK I remind myself that things could be worse... 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

43 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

A houseplant or a pet gerbil is impressive when compared to the current American president. So is a fungus, a sleeping sloth, a moldy piece of bread... It's quite a long list, unfortunately. 

My feline could do a better job than the current incumbent(although she's only old enough in cat years).

#China4Prez2020

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I feel like Justin Trudeau is far more popular amongst Americans than Canadians... I'm personally not a fan, but compared to the American president, he's outstanding.

I'm not sure if he's more popular among Americans, or just popular in a different way? I think he's more of a novelty to non-Canadians. Canadians all know who Justin Trudeau is, we always have, so he's just kind of normal to us. He definitely has plenty of haters (I saw an 'IMPEACH TRUDEAU' bumper sticker the other day - lol). I'd say he gets the amount of hate/criticism that's normal for any prime minister, but overall his popularity is still pretty high. (By the way, I'm assuming you're Canadian, and I hope I don't sound like I'm lecturing you! More expounding on the topic for any non-Canadians vaguely interested and not in the know, haha.)

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, sorry to get off topic here, but I have seen this calendar being sold and got a good laugh out of it, but I did not realize that there was a non-Canadian version. THIS is the version being sold in stores in Canada:

jtbf.thumb.png.e8acb3e1d043151f994a1d4a1be0aac8.png

I'm seriously tempted to buy that for my daughter.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Guys like this Most Eligible Bachelor always have myriad requirements for their prospective brides, but what exactly is HE bringing to the table?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

And he thinks that architectural licensing procedures in MA should be relaxed? :2wankers:

For someone who’s always railing about “entitled minorities,” Whittle must be pretty entitled himself to think that he should be allowed to be an architect despite a noticeable lack of qualifications and talent.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Guys like this Most Eligible Bachelor always have myriad requirements for their prospective brides, but what exactly is HE bringing to the table?

Devotion to Our Lady of Fatima? A love of the pledge of allegiance?

Edited by Cleopatra7
Autocorrect fails
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 3