IGNORED

Christendom’s Most Eligible Bachelor: Traditional Catholic Looking for Wife Blog

Cleopatra7

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

While we're discussing speech impediments, does anyone else hear a pretty severe speech impediment when Miley Cyrus speaks?  I'm terrible at picking up on speech impediments, but hear it every time she talks, and I don't think it's her accent.

However no one else I know hears it and it makes me feel crazy. 

Nope, but I am not a speech therapist.  It may be an accent.

And we do all know that a speech impediment is not a lack of intelligence.  Or a moral failing.It may be a physical impediment.  It may be something that could be corrected with speech therapy.

But if she is understandable why judge her? 

6 minutes ago, clarinetpower said:

In this video, he talks about his family, including his parents and him, losing their home because they rent and the owner is selling. He begs a lot, he prays a lot. But he does say his parents are elderly and he lives with them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0fwbh9xoU

Oh yeah.  That video was 2014.  You really have to pay attention to the dates on this guy's pleas and guilt trips.  There are a whole lot of gaps in his story.  I don't think he gives a shit about his parents.  If you look at that video and the later ones - it is all about him.

Layers upon layers here.  Don't take this guy at his word.  Do please try to have compassion for him.  He is troubled.  And challenged.  IMO.

• Upvote 12

Right. Plus, he says in one of the following ones--the one with the plea on cards--that he is going to be living under a tree and will die in three days of dehydration...back in 2014. But he posted today. So, I'm going to go with one of the sins Jesus forgave him for on the cross was lying. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Nope, but I am not a speech therapist.  It may be an accent.

And we do all know that a speech impediment is not a lack of intelligence.  Or a moral failing.It may be a physical impediment.  It may be something that could be corrected with speech therapy.

But if she is understandable why judge her? 

I hope I didn't come off as judging, and I know that a speech impediment has nothing to do with intelligence. It only drives me crazy because no one else seems to hear it while it's very, very obvious to me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

While we're discussing speech impediments, does anyone else hear a pretty severe speech impediment when Miley Cyrus speaks?  I'm terrible at picking up on speech impediments, but hear it every time she talks, and I don't think it's her accent.

However no one else I know hears it and it makes me feel crazy. 

If it's the same thing I hear you can see her do it...her mouth gets wider?  It's kind of like a garbled grrr.

I am terrible at describing things but there is something I hear, too.

Edited by Carol
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, nausicaa said:

But do you cover your hair in church and say the Pledge of Allegiance every morning?

But seriously, is that a viable career path for him today? Can people still get into mechanical draftsmanship with an AAS degree? It might be a good option for him. But like many fundies, I think his entitlement and sense of importance will inhibit him from ever really pursuing a career. 

Nope...no hair covering and hell will freeze over before I say the PAL at all...

Mechanical drafting/design is still a viable career path. It's turned into a three tier career path. Tier one is the CAD jockey...IOW, knows LOTS about how to use the software and can make pretty drawings. Tier two is someone like me...call it an engineering tech...Not only can I draw the pretty pictures but I can do some calculations, and with experience tell someone if something's going to work or not. Tier three is the person with a BSME...doesn't draw the pretty pictures, comes up with ideas and half the time needs the designer to tell him/her "that shit ain't gonna work". 

I have the AAS, took the physics, statics, dynamics, strengths, tech math/precalc. materials & processes of industry and even a machine shop class (all time favorite class). The problem is that the field is becoming more and more specialized...and when companies get my resume they assume I want 75-100K/yr due to background and experience. 

I'm currently very happy working as the entire engineering department at a very small (less than 15 employees) company here. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

It’s interesting, his story explaining why he bombed that class differ. He has the persecution story about his Catholicism, but he also said he was docked a grade for “following the law.”

Here's where I read that he got docked points for obeying the building code:

I for one am struggling just to make a living. I was slighted in academia by a half a grade in architecture school for obeying the building code (i.e. the law), and now cannot find any work because of my Catholic faith. You don't really know what employers really screen for, but they have the money to spend to find out when you went to the men's room last. In another words, they can find out just anything about you when you don't have a criminal record (which I don't). 

Also, I found these gems:

As a man it is very natural to be attracted to women and smile at baby bumps, knowing that Mrs. X is going to give birth in the near future. I would consider myself hyper-attractive, and therefore would not make it as a priest or monk. (Don't get me started about married priests!) This is another reason why God created marriage. 

It is our responsibility that we teach our children that you either enter religious life or enter a marriage to a Catholic only. It is not acceptable for a Catholic to live as a single person, especially women. Yes, there is still such thing as an old maid.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, lilah said:

Did anyone see this post where he's totally creeping on a married young woman in his church? Free Jillian! https://catholiclookforwife.blogspot.com/2011/07/loving-girls-named-jillian.html

Now how would we consider Jillian a Catholic name? While one website suggests that there is no canonized saint named Jillian, there is a city on Malta called St. Jillian's. So there, there has to be a canonized St. Jillian because Malta, which used to be a Catholic country until they legalized divorce a few months ago, has their cities named after parish churches the relics are stored in their high altars.

Aww bless his heart, it takes 30 seconds on Google to find out that the Maltese town San Giljan is named after the male saint Julian. 

One of the reasons he needs a wife is the weather. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3

It is our responsibility that we teach our children that you either enter religious life or enter a marriage to a Catholic only. It is not acceptable for a Catholic to live as a single person, especially women. Yes, there is still such thing as an old maid.

This is directly against Church teachings. I realize I'm beating a dead horse here, but nevertheless I needed to point it out. With his deep issues with women, I wonder how he feels about the veneration of Mary. For such a devout Catholic, he doesn't talk about her much. 

The comments on the videos show how many other troubled people, as well as schemers, there are out there. I hope his church or his parents keep an eye on him and he doesn't get in any trouble. 

Also, in this video, he goes all Bob Dylan on us to explain that the reason he can't live with his parents is that they are renters, and the borrower is slave to the lender. Since he is unemployed, how is he going to buy a house? It's also very clear from this video that, while troubled, he is also very emotionally manipulative. I feel for his parents. 

• Upvote 9

Whittle sounds like he has a Massachusetts accent combined with an awkward manner of speaking. It doesn't sound like he has a speech impediment (which I also have, though it has gotten much better thanks to speech therapy) so much as he just comes off badly on camera. Maybe he realizes this and that's why he's doing the sign thing in the above video, although that comes off as odd too, albeit in a different way. If his parents aren't supportive of his religious practices, it could be because they recognize that its becoming pathological and obsessive in his life, not that they are against religion or Catholicism as such. If he's telling his that they aren't "real Catholics" because they are Novus Ordo Catholics, I could see how that would strain relations, especially if he's stuck living with them 24/7. On his "About Me" page, Whittle says that he refuses to go to a Novus Ordo First Communion, Confirmation, Wedding, etc. because that would be validating these "illicit" sacraments. This sort of attitude  would probably also create tensions with other relatives who would rightly perceive this behavior as a self-righteous snub. He also says that any future Mrs. Whittle would have to agree to attend the Latin Mass 99.99 percent of the time, which makes me wonder when that 0.01 percent opportunity to attend the Novus Ordo Mass would be when he won't even attend NO life cycle events? Her birthday maybe?

I'm not sure where he's getting this nonsense that it's a sin to be an "old maid" (who says that in 2017 anyway?). As long as you're following the rules of chastity consistent with your state of life, it doesn't matter whether you are single in the world, married, or in the priestly or religious life. Many of the heroines of the early church were consecrated virgins who would not fit into the modern categories of nun or regular single woman, as monasticism as we know it had not been invented yet. Since Whittle is probably one of those people who think that "eternal Catholic tradition" equates to the Irish American Catholic ghetto circa 1950, I doubt he would know that. My guess is that Whittle finds the idea of single women who aren't interested in him to be an existential threat, and so all "respectable women" must be married or in a convent.

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1

There’s a post where he describes that he had literally be dragged into the car and forced to attend his twin cousins’ confirmation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

21 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

There’s a post where he describes that he had literally be dragged into the car and forced to attend his twin cousins’ confirmation. 

Seriously, his poor family. I don't know how you handle situations like this. I'm sure his parents know he's too vulnerable for them to just cut him off. 

• Upvote 17

But how does the traditional catholic teaching view the commandment about honoring your parents? Is posting passive aggressive YouTube videot about them acceptable?

• Upvote 16

While I understand the family's impulse to literally drag him to the cousins' confirmation, I wouldn't have done it because of how he probably acted. Giving everything he's written and vlogged about I'm sure he didn't hold back on his views,

Letting everyone know in no uncertain terms that he was there under extreme protest and duress . That his very soul was in danger and he was committing a mortal sin just by being in an NO parish. Proclaiming loudly and long-ly at the party/ reception afterward that the whole thing was illicit.  Telling everyone in earshot -- especially the cousins' family/ parents that the cousins weren't confirmed in the "true" faith and weren't really Catholics, ergo they were well on their way to hell in a handbasket.  Endlessly haranguing everyone about how the state and civil authorities and the NO archdiocese are persecuting and oppressing him and keeping him from getting a job.

I'm sure the whole family knows how odd Cousin Chris is and have seen him in action, but that doesn't mean they want him to ruin what is a very special important day. Especially when he doesn't want to be there.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I'm sure the whole family knows how odd Cousin Chris is and have seen him in action, but that doesn't mean they want him to ruin what is a very special important day. Especially when he doesn't want to be there.

Sometimes peoples' internet personae don't match their real-life behaviour.  When you're not faced with a real person, you don't have the same social pressures to limit what you say.  Hopefully, Cousin Chris's views of others as inferior and worthless don't come out when he's interacting with them.  

That said, you're probably right.  His videos are utterly prideful and utterly lacking compassion, and I doubt he can hide such virulence.  

• Upvote 6

I commented this morning on his video where he said he "had to get rid of" his old girlfriend. I said she clearly dodged a bullet, and he doesn't get sarcasm because he responded with "She refused to be confirmed as a Catholic!". I gotta admit I'm enjoying watching his videos where he rants about his awful elderly parents. How dare they keep a (rented - gasp) roof over his head, the horror! 

• Upvote 5

I think that if the internet persona is socially clueless and totally tonedeaf as to how the posts and videos come across it's not very likely that they'd have great social skills in person either  but I suppose sometimes if you're socially anxious and awkward and a quiet wallflower some of your more extreme weird opinions and beliefs might go unnoticed IRL simply because you don't  open your mouth in company much.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

His soul was in danger because he was at a Novus Ordo event? Seriously??? I am pretty sure that most people in the Traditionalist sect would be OK with one of their flock attending a one-off NO event. Or are other traditionalists as crazy as he is? I’m not trying to offend anyone, just genuinely interested. Do other traditionalists think that if they attended something to do with the Novus Ordo their souls would be in danger? Or would they think that while it doesn’t fit in with their beliefs, God will understand why they had to go? 

Then he went and threw a fucking tantrum at the reception and slagged off everyone there. He sounds like a fucking dick. It’s bad enough him ranting on the Internet and posting batshit videos, but actually telling people face-to-face what he thinks is another league. I’m not surprised he’s not married. Even if I was a Traditionalist, I’d be put off by his gigantic ego and how he proclaims he’s “hyper-attractive” (spoiler alert: he’s not) and how whiny and “persecuted” he claims to be.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

After looking through his stuff, I'm reasonably certain he's somewhere on the spectrum. However, I'm 100% certain he's an asshole. I've met people similar to him before, with the massive persecution complex, some on the spectrum and some NT. They are, 100%, white men in their 20s who are bitter that they have to actually work for success.

• Upvote 16

13 minutes ago, Terrie said:

After looking through his stuff, I'm reasonably certain he's somewhere on the spectrum. However, I'm 100% certain he's an asshole. I've met people similar to him before, with the massive persecution complex, some on the spectrum and some NT. They are, 100%, white men in their 20s who are bitter that they have to actually work for success.

Well, if you're hyper-attractive, shouldn't things come easy to you?  :my_rolleyes:  When I think hyper-attractive, I think... Chris Pine.  Theo James.  Tyson Beckford.  James Marsden when he modeled for Versace.  Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall.  Sigh.  

Christendom's Most Eligible Bachelor does not have much in common with these fine, fine gentlemen.  I know that attraction is somewhat subjective, but... not that subjective.  

• Upvote 9

33 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

His soul was in danger because he was at a Novus Ordo event? Seriously??? I am pretty sure that most people in the Traditionalist sect would be OK with one of their flock attending a one-off NO event. Or are other traditionalists as crazy as he is? I’m not trying to offend anyone, just genuinely interested. Do other traditionalists think that if they attended something to do with the Novus Ordo their souls would be in danger? Or would they think that while it doesn’t fit in with their beliefs, God will understand why they had to go? 

Then he went and threw a fucking tantrum at the reception and slagged off everyone there. He sounds like a fucking dick. It’s bad enough him ranting on the Internet and posting batshit videos, but actually telling people face-to-face what he thinks is another league. I’m not surprised he’s not married. Even if I was a Traditionalist, I’d be put off by his gigantic ego and how he proclaims he’s “hyper-attractive” (spoiler alert: he’s not) and how whiny and “persecuted” he claims to be.

It’s not unusual for traditionalists to limit their contact with Novus Ordo events, because many do feel like their souls are at risk. Other more moderate voices say that the Novus Ordo isn’t bad per se, but is celebrated “correctly” so infrequently that they have better peace of mind at the Latin Mass.  What is unusual is throwing a tantrum when asked to attend a family event at a Novus Ordo parish. The “Latin Mass or nothing at all” attitude is common among those traditionalists who think that “real Catholics” need to separate themselves from the Novus Ordo church until it comes to its senses and returns to the way they think things were in the 1950s. I suppose most of the people who have this hardline view are independent adults who can separate themselves and their dependent children from non-trad Catholics. Whittle is example of what can happen when hardline traditionalism can’t avoid their Novus Ordo brethren.

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

Well, if you're hyper-attractive, shouldn't things come easy to you?  :my_rolleyes:  When I think hyper-attractive, I think... Chris Pine.  Theo James.  Tyson Beckford.  James Marsden when he modeled for Versace.  Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall.  Sigh.  

Christendom's Most Eligible Bachelor does not have much in common with these fine, fine gentlemen.  I know that attraction is somewhat subjective, but... not that subjective.  

I think men who believe I’m a thinking, feeling human being most hyper-attractive of all. :56247955dd693_32(12):

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, acheronbeach said:

The way I see it, even if you are James Chris Brad Marsden Pitt Pine on the outside, calling yourself Christendom's Most Eligible Bachelor would still be an oxymoron (unless you're being sarcastic) because if you're an ideal Christian you're not supposed to be insufferably vain... 

• Upvote 18

I think Whittles parents know he is "odd" to put it mildly when your kid goes to the extreme side looking back it starts to show little by little over time. With him I'm sure their hands are tied because with him being an adult the most they could do is have him placed in an arranged group home or living facility and thats assuming they have the financial means. It's a double edged sword because while he is an arrogant shit the other half is he can't survive on his own out in the world and with his hyper relgiious views and isolation its almost taking on extreme OCD obsession like over this life to where he is convinced everything else is evil to an unealthy point. What do you even do with an adult child like him?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1