IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, I think the bow-butt pants were utterly impractical and ridiculous, but I don't know what people were on about acting like Alyssa always trusses up her daughters in horribly impractical fancy clothes that render them immobile. Aside from the bow-butt pants, it seems like most of what she puts the girls in are pretty run-of-the-mill toddler clothes. The little chevron dresses she had them in for the wedding were adorable and perfectly appropriate for an almost one-year-old and a two-year-old. I would have gone with different shoes, but that's just me. And I can excuse the little shrugs as being on theme (winter/Christmas) and weather-appropriate rather than some kind of bizarre sexualization/modesty thing. Though they could be that. Who knows at this point. 

Alyssa's posted pics of Allie in a regular bathing suit before so I (hopefully?) think the shrugs are just to complete the outfit, not to keep her daughters from defrauding people (felt gross just typing that).

I actually find that Whitney dresses Kaci more impractically than Alyssa does with her girls. Mainly because Whitney loves putting jewelry on that kid. But hey, it's her kid.

7 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

I actually find that Whitney dresses Kaci more impractically than Alyssa does with her girls. Mainly because Whitney loves putting jewelry on that kid. But hey, it's her kid.

Same. Alyssa dresses her girls like actual children, whereas Whitney dresses Kaci like a doll with all the accessories. Though the bow bottoms are silly looking. Maybe since they wear diapers they don't feel the difference? idk. 

The bows were well above the part that meets the seat or floor. I have an idea that whoever manufactured them took this into account. That isn't to say they aren't wholly impractical for several other reasons. They won't wash well, for one thing. And they're likely to catch on things.

IIRC, Alyssa and John's relationship seemed a little radical because she was so young and the "special friends" category seemed to have been invented for them.  The opinion of some, including me, was that it was allowed because John's father was a congressman; i.e., a very good catch.

On 12/21/2017 at 8:05 AM, VineHeart137 said:

Alyssa's posted pics of Allie in a regular bathing suit before so I (hopefully?) think the shrugs are just to complete the outfit, not to keep her daughters from defrauding people (felt gross just typing that).

Or for the weather :) but who knows...

6 hours ago, albireo said:

Or for the weather :) but who knows...

I agree. I just looked it up and it was 43F (or 6C) as a high temperature in their area the day of the wedding. So definitely enough to need a sweater for the little ones.

I guess I just thought Alyssa might carry a little bigger with subsequent pregnancies. It's common for women to carry a little bigger compared to their first pregnancy. I believe it has something to do with the muscles in the abdomen. 

I would guess she works out quite a bit between / during pregnancies, but also that she’s super conscious of the angles she takes photos at.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, backyard sylph said:

The bows were well above the part that meets the seat or floor. I have an idea that whoever manufactured them took this into account. That isn't to say they aren't wholly impractical for several other reasons. They won't wash well, for one thing. And they're likely to catch on things.

I made knit skirts with ruffle yarn for trim.  They look cute, but boy, does that ruffle yarn catch on everything (it's kinda lacy.)  I'm backing off on doing those because I sure don't want to be fixing the pulls all the time.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:23 PM, backyard sylph said:

If you lean back in a chair (or one of those baby swings), you just bump into that bow. Uncomfortable! Plus who wants small children to wear clothes that will catch on things, it's dangerous.

Alyssa looks naturally slender,to me.Or it just me?I had big babies,and looked big. I had people telling me I looked like I was about to deliver and still had 2 or more months to go.And I think it's rude to ask how much weight you've gained.My grandmother was very weight conscious.She insisted that I should only gain 20lbs..like she did,but she smoked and drank through both of her pregnancies(1930s).I did gain too much with my first son,and had to lose it.With,my other two sons I gained 33 lb,and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within 6 weeks.

I carried huge but didn't really gain that much. I think I gained about 12 kilos which is very close to the actual weight of a pregnancy. I am short so this probably why I looked so big, there wasn't enough room any other way.

I don't know if anyone is interested but it seems Tori Webster (Alyssa's SIL and close friend) has a hunky guy. She has a ring on her finger but it could be a purity ring. I have no idea who this dude is. 

IMG_6073.PNG

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't know if anyone is interested but it seems Tori Webster (Alyssa's SIL and close friend) has a hunky guy. She has a ring on her finger but it could be a purity ring. I have no idea who this dude is. 

Wow she looks JUST like John!

36 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

Wow she looks JUST like John!

She's tall like John too. I think all the Webster siblings look similar. 

I believe the guy in the picture has a fb page "Daniel Smith" but it looks like his family has the last name of Chavez so I don't know why he listed his last name as Smith. 

It looks like the Chavez family is also fundie and are friends with the Websters. So no surprise that this couple is dating. 

In case anyone wanted to know what Ally will look like when she's older, look right there. LOL. Girl looks just like John and so does Ally. 

Starting them young...

from Alyssa’s insta story

(I realize some little girls ask for things like this or want to imitate mommy, but I’m a little sad to see it in a fundie house)

F9344C64-71E4-48F2-BDAF-CD7890341498.png

Allie has grown so much. Those two are as cute as they can get. 

I will admit that I love how Alyssa dresses her kids most of the time. 

Sadly I have seen those bow-butt-pants on other definitely not fundie social media accounts already. Not fundie as in divorced and pregnant but not planning marrying ever again. Some people just think it looks cute. I don’t and think they must be uncomfortable but then a lot of parents put their children in strange clothes in my eyes.

I am a gender queer person born with a vagina and would not touch makeup with a ten foot pole and I have short hair (had long hair until recently though) yet my older child loves makeup, hair products and anything glittery and girlish. I give her some access to it, nail polish, Elsa lipstick, hair glitter but I try to also teach her to be her whole self and not just girly. I am so glad she also wants to be a police officer right now. I don't care if it is only now but it is at least a sign that she is not completely brainwashed by things Elsa and pink.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived