IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

42 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

Seriously. We got pregnant on our first cycle trying. We were surprised since we figured it would take awhile. Fast forward 13 weeks when we found out it was twins...now that was surprising!

I can't imagine having three under three especially at Alyssa's age. I'm freaking out over our two who will be here in just under two weeks and I'm almost 32 years old. I can say that at least these two will be it for us. I have a feeling that God is going to close my womb after this (or, you know, I'll talk to my doctor about long lasting birth control for me/ possibly more permanent options for my husband).

This was us too. Got pregnant our first cycle trying, then got pregnant in the first cycle immediately following my miscarriage. We were trying and used OPKs to give ourselves the best odds possible, but it was still a shock to get positive tests that quick. I always expected that we’d have trouble conceiving due to my hormonal imbalance, but the gigantic 11 month old napping upstairs would beg to differ. :pb_lol:

Best of luck to you with labor and delivery! Here’s hoping you welcome two healthy little loves that bring you all the happiness in the world!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa gives her children cutesy names that aren't my style at all. But I can guarantee that if she has any boys, they won't be cutesy at all. I'm sure a son will be John or some other professional sounding name. 

10 hours ago, Ali said:

I agree with other posters that she might be trying to spell her name with her daughter's names since she added a y to Zoe. Will they try to spell John's name with the boy names? The O name will be difficult. If they don't go for cutsie names for the boys, I think they would choose Obadiah or Octavious if he is the eighth child.

I fear for the future of these three girls. I fear that their childhoods will be cut short and they will be put to work helping their mom raise her quiver. They will be seen as God's provision for making it possible for her to have eleventy kids.

Ooooooh I never thought of this before, with Allie and Lexi, but I could totally see this being the fundie idea of "clever" naming lol. Allie, Lexi, zoeY.....Sydney, Sammie, Abbi.....John Jr, Oliver, Harrison, Nick (all boy names with cutesy nicknames if Alyssa wanted to match the girls)....

I must admit I too am a little surprised with Webster#3 - with Alyssa being the quiet, hard-working, organized type not as into to chaos and grubby little hands. I wasn't at all surprised about Chad & Erin's announcement, but didn't think John & Alyssa wouldn't be going for another until Lexi was toddling haha. Hopefully pregnancy and delivery go well for her and they adjust well to 3. 

It's ironic that Alyssa was the most vocal of the Bates and Duggars about not wanting 19 children, having 10 at most, and being the one with the closest spacing so far.  I have to admit that I believed that she would wait for number 3 but obviously I was wrong, very wrong.  Good luck to her.

The close spacing doesn't necessarily mean they're gonna have as many babies as possible. They could just do like a lot of people and have as many as they want close together and then stop. Of course that would only happen if they use a reliable method of birth control, and at the moment it seems pretty questionable since Alyssa didn't seem to be in a rush to have a third. Maybe John's pull out game is just weak :pb_lol: If they don't want eleventy kids then they need to figure something out fast.

9 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

I don't really care for the name combo (two fine names on their own)- when I first read it my brain wanted to combine the two into Joey. 

I keep reading it as 'Joey Zoy'.

God these fundies multiply fast!

20 hours ago, Mayluka said:

The due date she listed was April 2, which would make her 19 and a half weeks pregnant. The ultrasound was most likely her anatomy scan, though I wouldn't know if she found out earlier about the sex or not.

D'oh! I typed April 22nd and not April 2nd.  Thanks. 

10 hours ago, sta_sha said:

I have a feeling that God is going to close my womb after this (or, you know, I'll talk to my doctor about long lasting birth control for me/ possibly more permanent options for my husband).

My midwife had an IUD ready for me at my 6 week postpartum checkup.  :)

16 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

If she did an O name I could see it being Ollie or Oliver.  Ollie seems like her style.

I don’t know if you’re speaking generally but these photos of Alyssa were done by a photographer. Albeit not a very good or experienced one judging by their Instagram. 

That said, she looks pretty excited to me:

5FBF0FC0-CBD1-4C7B-B045-0C89BC710E3F.thumb.jpeg.f68bdcf32b305683396cfbffb07f88e5.jpeg

I have this dress for my daughter. I was saving it for a “special” occasion though, and she outgrew it without wearing it. I have to stop doing that........

I also think the name doesn't flow especially well, I keep wanting to say "Zoey Joey."

So Allie, Lexie, Zoey, Sandi, Susie, Angie?

I am super jealous of all these fertile fundies. And feeling really bad for Michael.

Zoey Joy really doesn't roll off the tongue well for me. Not my kid though, as long as Alyssa and John like it. 

I am somewhat surprised because I expected more space to be between their kids just based on Alyssa's personality. 

My biggest gripe is that Zoey doesn't need a Y at the end of it. It looks like her parents don't believe an "e" can make that sound on its own.

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm sure a son will be John or some other professional sounding name.

At this point I'm actually expecting Bobby Joe or Charlie Ray or something :shrug: who knows

I actually like this theory that she's attempting to spell ALYSSA with various letters of her children's names. That's has to be the reason Zoey has a "Y" in it. *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Alyssa seemed to be happy to be out of the crazyhouse that was the Bates' abode, now she's about to have her own circus. I'm not sure if these people are stupid or shady. Maybe both...

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I actually like this theory that she's attempting to spell ALYSSA with various letters of her children's names. That's has to be the reason Zoey has a "Y" in it. *adjusts tinfoil hat*

I prefer it to be spelled Zoe, but every Zoey that I’ve ever personally know had the y. 

I’m from a spanish speaking country and I always thought Zoey was the only way it was sspelled because of the tv show Zoey 101

plus to me Zoe sounds like Joe and Zoey like Joey

Any 30 Rock fans on here? I keep thinking of The Rural Juror.

I'll laugh if an adult Zoey Joy winds upbeing summoned for jury duty while living on a farm.

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I have a couple of friends that had 4 in 5 years and then that was IT...end of the story. One had 4 boys in a row and quit then and there...after the 4th boy she was DONE. The other had a mix of boys and girls and after the 4th gave it a good little while before # 5 and #6 who were back to back later. 

16 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Any 30 Rock fans on here? I keep thinking of The Rural Juror.

I'll laugh if an adult Zoey Joy winds upbeing summoned for jury duty while living on a farm.

Haha! Love it. I live in a college town and there is a landmark near campus - it is a huge painting of a turtle on the back of a building. I call it the Turtle Mural and laugh every time. No one ever gets it. :(

They don't know Tina Fey is a goddess. 

They also picked Joy, which is Alyssa's middle name. Maybe b/c they didn't like any 'y' names... but then they didn't need Zoey to have a y.

Regardless, I know of very educated people who have had an 'oops' pregnancy with spacing of 15 months between kids. If you don't have your cycle back it is way harder to track and I don't think you're supposed to go back on birth control while nursing.

Clearly, Alyssa and John aren't going to use birth control, but I could actually see them using an App eventually. There is one out there that claims to be as effective as the pill (if you also take your temperature). 

Whomever said they will just keep having kids until they hit the max (w/o regard to any planning) and then stop, that seems like logic they might use. Why bother until you max out?

1 hour ago, jqlgoblue said:

They also picked Joy, which is Alyssa's middle name. Maybe b/c they didn't like any 'y' names... but then they didn't need Zoey to have a y.

Regardless, I know of very educated people who have had an 'oops' pregnancy with spacing of 15 months between kids. If you don't have your cycle back it is way harder to track and I don't think you're supposed to go back on birth control while nursing.

Clearly, Alyssa and John aren't going to use birth control, but I could actually see them using an App eventually. There is one out there that claims to be as effective as the pill (if you also take your temperature). 

Whomever said they will just keep having kids until they hit the max (w/o regard to any planning) and then stop, that seems like logic they might use. Why bother until you max out?

I gave birth last December, so recent experience here! You can take birth control safely. Many providers prescribe the mini pill instead of regular birth control because the mini pill normally doesn’t affect milk production. Normal birth control pills can affect the amount of milk produced. 

I took the mini pill for a month and I hated it. You have to be very careful about taking it at the exact same time each day. I switched to my normal birth control pill when Velocibaby was three months old and I chose to stop pumping at that time. She was already eating mostly high calorie preemie formula anyways, we never got the hang of nursing, and taking my normal birth control made me feel much calmer about no unexpected pregnancies from happening.

On 11/9/2017 at 5:59 PM, jacduggar said:

I just think she keeps the Bates out of her uterus. 

If only the Bateseseses and Duggars and Maxwells and all other fundies would stay out of everyone elses uterii...

Congrats, Alyssa, but also, slow down. But then again, I completely understand the desire to climb John like a church playground jungle gym.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived