IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

I nursed my daughter until she was about 18 months but my period returned when she was 11 months. I did go back to work briefly after she was born and no period, but I was able to pump religiously (and then I quit after two months). Thank God we were using contraception because I was not really interested in having another until after my daughter turned two. And my daughter was a surprise baby so I already learned that it literally only takes one time! (Although to be fair she's a pretty perfect surprise kid). 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alyssa is promoting FFF again, but she is using the ad hashtag. Idk if it's her being honest (it's the law, but a lot of people don't follow it) or it's just company policy if she's wants to keep being a partner. 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Anybody ever get one of those FFF boxes? Even worth it? 

You don’t get everything the “partners” get. The partners get everything that can come in the box, the subscribers get about 2/3 of the stuff. I have a friend who gets them that loves them, I wouldn’t pay for a box full of random stuff to come to my house. Alas, I’m something of a minimalist, so most of it would be thrown away anyway. 

Regarding breastfeeding as contraception - I exclusively breastfed on demand, co slept, babywore and continued nursing on demand after introducing solids (when not pregnant again). I also had 3 babies in 3 years.......

With my first I exclusively breastfed on demand and coslept. I was greatly disappointed when my period showed up about a month after I gave birth. I was pumping with my second child but my period came back in about a month. If I was relying only on breastfeeding for birth control I would have a house full of children right now. 

My mom was pregnant with my brother when I was 6m old and breastfeeding. (They did purposefully have him at that time, but the point is her body was ready).

I breastfed both my girls exclusively and my cycle kicked up at 6m and 5m Post partum. Fortunately after my mom’s comments to me about it while growing up, I never considered breastfeeding a way of birth control. 

On 11/27/2017 at 8:41 PM, llg1234 said:

Alyssa is promoting FFF again, but she is using the ad hashtag. Idk if it's her being honest (it's the law, but a lot of people don't follow it) or it's just company policy if she's wants to keep being a partner. 

I'm not sure how FFF works but with Influenster, if you get sent stuff they tell you in the email to tag it with #ad 

@Mela99 I was given a subscription for my birthday last year. I mostly enjoyed it. I got some great products that I love and use almost daily (2017 day times, beautiful scarf, great water bottle, lipstick that I swear by ow). Some of the stuff was a nice treat, but not stuff I’d ever buy, and some of it I wasn’t really interested in. Depending on your subscription, you’re able to customize a little bit which is nice. I like getting mail so it was something fun to look forward to every few months.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:04 AM, Mela99 said:

Anybody ever get one of those FFF boxes? Even worth it? 

I get them. I really like it. It’s worth setting up the subscription so you can customize everything, though. I would enjoy it much less if I couldn’t avoid certain options. 

There is nothing wrong with a bassinet in a closet when baby is that small. We did the same with ours when they still had night feedings. Much safer than leaving a newborn in a room with a 1.5 year old all night. 

2 hours ago, Mayluka said:

Lexi is walking at ten months old.

I saw this and immediately started to mentally chant “I will not compare her to my one year old who isn’t walking.” :pb_lol:

Lexi looks like she’s doing great on her feet though. She still has that little Newborn Bambi waddle going on, but she was walking pretty confidently. 

(I also kind of love that she was motivated by the cookies. Kid after my own heart. Lol!)

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I saw this and immediately started to mentally chant “I will not compare her to my one year old who isn’t walking.” :pb_lol:

Oh man I hear ya. Mine didn't walk until 14 months. I had two friends who also had girls within a month or two of me, and even though my daughter was born first she was the last to walk. It was definitely hard not to compare! I just had to keep telling myself "They go at their own pace!" Now out of all three, mine is the only one potty trained, and I'm sure in the future they will hit other milestones before she does. These kids do what they want, when they want/are ready! Still hard not to wonder/worry though!

And if it helps, Lexi is a second born. Second kids tend to walk faster because 1. They want to keep up with older siblings, and 2. First born kids tend to get carried around a lot more and have less motivation to get around on their own (Cookies are a good motivator though :pb_lol:)

My good friend and I had babies a few weeks apart and always made each other panic :pb_lol: Baby Quinn walked at 10 months, and her's didn't walk until 14 months. But her child started saying actual words at 12 months and mine didn't give me a clear word til about 14-15. 

My sister walked at 9 1/2 months and I'm convinced it was because she was watching me run around and just couldn't stand it. I think she hit other milestones earlier than I did, too. I have no idea if it's a scientific fact, but it really does seem like the second born tends to pick things up faster because they're following older siblings.

3 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Oh man I hear ya. Mine didn't walk until 14 months. I had two friends who also had girls within a month or two of me, and even though my daughter was born first she was the last to walk. It was definitely hard not to compare! I just had to keep telling myself "They go at their own pace!" Now out of all three, mine is the only one potty trained, and I'm sure in the future they will hit other milestones before she does. These kids do what they want, when they want/are ready! Still hard not to wonder/worry though!

And if it helps, Lexi is a second born. Second kids tend to walk faster because 1. They want to keep up with older siblings, and 2. First born kids tend to get carried around a lot more and have less motivation to get around on their own (Cookies are a good motivator though :pb_lol:)

Lol! We have to keep a close eye on Velocibaby hitting milestones because she was premature. It’s normal for preemies to lag behind a bit, so we aren’t too concerned. She gets an extra six weeks to hit milestones, but watching Lexi in particular is a little tough for me since she was due less than two weeks after Velocibaby should have been born. I Just remind myself that the Pediatrician is pleased with Velocibaby’s progress so far and that’s what counts.

My nephew was walking very early. I think his first steps were when he was only 9.5 months old. He’s an only child, but his family has a dog and we think that motivated him a lot (we have a dog too and we’re pretty sure she has had a motivating effect on Velocibaby too.)

I think when babies start walking depends on personality too. Some have no fear and just go for it while others need to build up confidence.

Also, sometimes bigger babies who have more mass to lug around take a bit longer. I agree that, very often, siblings of an older child do learn to do certain things earlier.  What I tell people who are worried about timing of such milestones as crawling, walking or toilet training is to picture their child going to work, or getting married or some other life event.  They will likely not be crawling down the aisle while wearing a diaper. They will get there when they are ready to get there.  

Even in the same Family milestones can be all over the place.

My 1st walked at 7.5 months! My 4th didn’t walk until 17.5 months! Each of ours has waited longer and longer to walk. I figure they have sibilings bringing them toys and entertaining them so they are in less of a hurry!

My oldest was 17 months before she starting walking. She was on the slow side for all her large motor milestones but way ahead on speech and fine motor and she was a bit more cautious. She still isn't too adventures and she is almost 14.  I was so worried about her not walking like her peers once she hit about 15 months or so. She had an appointment to be evaluated for OT set at 18 months but she started walking 3 weeks before the appointment date. 

Now, her younger siblings started waling at 10 months and 9 months 3 weeks.  They are both fearless and full of non stop energy, even now at 8 and 12. 

My mom and her friends went the opposite with their kids. The first child they couldn't wait for him or her to start walking and did all they could to encourage them. Until of course they did and realized now Baby was on the move and had to constantly keep an eye on them. Then wondered why they were in such a rush for that. Second baby and any additional ones they did the exact opposite wanting the baby to take his or her time and not rush it. My mom still jokes she'd been fine if it took me a few more years to figure out walking. They constantly advice new parents to not rush it.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived