IGNORED

Zoey Joy Webster Is Now Here (update)

Oh_Dear!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

You actually are supposed to use  birth control while nursing.  Unless you want oopseseses.  

Does Alyssa nurse that long? Obviously you might not actually know haha I just remember her preparing bottles pretty shortly after Lexi was born.

ETA of course she could supplement or do both. I’m not sure how they work it out. 

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

Does Alyssa nurse that long? Obviously you might not actually know haha I just remember her preparing bottles pretty shortly after Lexi was born.

ETA of course she could supplement or do both. I’m not sure how they work it out. 

Yeah I have no idea how long she nursed and don’t want to. Lol!

19 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Yeah I have no idea how long she nursed and don’t want to. Lol!

I guess I just find it odd when people here comment that fundies may be relying on breastfeeding as birth control, especially on baby #3 and beyond. If there’s one thing these girls know, it’s how their cycles work and how to get pregnant. If breastfeeding doesn’t stave off a pregnancy the first time I don’t believe any of them would think it would any other time. 

12 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

When I see "Zoey Joy" I read it like Zoey Joey each and every time. Bad combo.

as much as i like the name Zoey and all its variant spellings, when i see it spelled with a Y, i automatically think of dogs--yellow labs--because one of my relatives had a yellow lab named Zoey for 12 years.

Alyssa is 23 and pregnant with #3--by age 30, she could surpass Sierra, the chocolate-dipped Duggar leghumper, couldn't she?

Alyssa, Sierra is your future, if you continue leaving procreation up to god.

I definitely called that Alyssa would have a ton of kids. I mean, that's what happens when you get married early and don't use birth control. She's not gonna stop at 8 or 10 or whatever she said she could handle. Those kids will just be a number in about 3 years when she's added two more. 

22 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

I definitely called that Alyssa would have a ton of kids. I mean, that's what happens when you get married early and don't use birth control. She's not gonna stop at 8 or 10 or whatever she said she could handle. Those kids will just be a number in about 3 years when she's added two more. 

Agree, never understood why people here thinks she fundie-lite or whatever when she's clearly deep into the cult. Poor Allie she'll be a sister mom soon. 

I am unsure. I thought they might be looking into nfp (don’t think anything else would be an option) and even if I wish otherwise they are still fundie. But there are enough fundies with smaller families. Wonder if they will going till they get a boy? Only time will tell.

When she appears on screen she definitely gives me the mature vibes of someone who knows what she is doing.

You know who else gives off those vibes? Kelly. But look at her. 

I wouldn’t speculate about what any of these people will or won’t do. I’m just sad for their kids who are being born into a misogynist cult. I also fear for my country due to the rate at which they are multiplying!

On 11/13/2017 at 10:34 AM, jacduggar said:

. If breastfeeding doesn’t stave off a pregnancy the first time I don’t believe any of them would think it would any other time.

I knew a fundie that held onto hope that breastfeeding around the clock and not offering a pacifier would stave off pregnancy so she wouldn't have Irish twins again. It didn't work. 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I knew a fundie that held onto hope that breastfeeding around the clock and not offering a pacifier would stave off pregnancy so she wouldn't have Irish twins again. It didn't work. 

Yes, breastfeeding is an unreliable form of birth control. For some women, it keeps the cycle from returning for awhile. I was able to make it to 15 months post partum. I wasn't relying on it as birth control though. I have heard of other women having their cycles return fairly early.

2 hours ago, Ali said:

Yes, breastfeeding is an unreliable form of birth control. For some women, it keeps the cycle from returning for awhile. I was able to make it to 15 months post partum. I wasn't relying on it as birth control though. I have heard of other women having their cycles return fairly early.

I went 14 months. I would be one of those fundies with 2+ Years between my kids. I wouldn't even hit double digits I bet. 

I was conceived when my sister was around 9 mos. old.  My mom was relying on nursing as birth control.  She was really taken aback when I kicked and let my presence be known.  She never made that mistake again.:pb_lol:

Nursing as birth control can work but not for everyone and it can be fickle. It is better than nothing and if you breastfeed and don't use pacifiers or formula and do so around the clock you can keep your periods off for quite a long time especially if you are over 35. Average time before your periods come back if you nurse on demand and without pacifiers or bottles is 14 months. I made it to 8.5 and 3 months so I am not average... My grandma had 7 babies between 1939 and 46, no twins that kind of explains my genetic heritage. I could probably have been a Duggar or Bates competitor if I was a fundie. Thank god I live in a world where birth control is an option.

I tried to nurse my oldest son.He did not gain the first month,the pediatrician told me to supplement him with formula.I did,and my period returned by the time he was about 7 weeks old.I breastfed my second and third sons.My period returned at 15 months for one and 14 months for my last child.I did nurse on demand,too.My in-laws were unsupportive,well I got flack from a lot of people.My mother in law told me I needed to give my youngest a bottle everyday.Not meaning to seem rude,I told her if I did,he would not want to nurse...see oldest son,at the beginning of this post...she tried to get me to give in,but I refused..then she tried(and other family) tried to tell me when to wean.With my 2nd son ,she asked what the pediatrician said about when to wean.I told her the truth,my pediatrician said she was not going to tell me when to wean my baby.Well,that went over like a lead balloon so my MIL said I need to change pediatricians.I didn't,And Mr Melon wondered why I refused to go to work and leave my babies with his mother...she had no respect for my wishes.

9 hours ago, Purrl said:

Look at her cute little purse. :)

Alyssa definitely loves to shop for her daughters. I keep wanting to remind Alyssa that she can't buy cute and trendy stuff all the time for 12 kids. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Alyssa definitely loves to shop for her daughters. I keep wanting to remind Alyssa that she can't buy cute and trendy stuff all the time for 12 kids. 

Think of how expensive it would be to buy matching outfits for 12 girls and Alyssa.

On November 13, 2017 at 7:10 AM, jacduggar said:

Her oldest is the same age as my oldest. When I was dealing with breastfeeding issues and pain, I remember seeing pictures of Alyssa's very-not-nursing-friendly tops and her making formula bottles for Allie and feeling a little jealous. I got the impression she primarily formula feeds but who knows. Even if she was breastfeeding it of course does not delay ovulation for everyone. 

With my oldest, my period returned after 15 months. My youngest is only 4.5 months old right now (also EBF) and no period but I've definitely had days where I felt like it was coming.

I have four children and nurse the last three. With regards to periods coming back while breastfeeding it has been different for me each time. With my first BF baby, my period returned RIGHT when I stopped nursing at 18 months. With my second daughter it returned when she was 9 months old which shocked me. With my son right now, he is sixteen months and still nursing (not at night) and my period just returned. It has been random for me, for many women it returns when they return to work (this didn't happen to me) or when their babies stop sleeping through the night.

I would never risk unprotected sex while nursing. That's a terrible way to keep a pregnancy away.

Unrelated to the above: Every time I see the title of this thread, I momentarily think that Alyssa is in labor before realizing she only just announced her pregnancy.

• Jellybean locked this topic
  • Jellybean unlocked and locked this topic

Archived