IGNORED

Roy Moore is a *fucking child molesting loser*

AmazonGrace

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Sigh.  Where are Buffy, Xander and Willow when we need them?

Uhm, let's leave Xander out of it.

Nicholas Brendon has really gone off the rails, I'm sorry to say, and he's had multiple arrests in recent years for assaulting women. :annoyed:

ANNISTON, Alabama—B.L. Shirley is a Republican woman from a Republican county who always—always—votes Republican. And yet, on a windy, grey morning last weekend, the Talladega, Alabama, retiree found herself in, of all places, a Democrat’s campaign office, wondering just what she could do to defeat the GOP candidate running for a seat in the U.S. Senate from her state.

“Roy Moore,” she said, when asked why she would go canvassing for Democrat Doug Jones before the special election on Dec. 12. “I think Roy Moore is an impostor. I am a Christian and I don’t want to be counted in his camp. He’s a divisive person.”

If Jones is to pull off a victory, it will be because women like Shirley knocked on doors, called neighbors, and worked to convince otherwise skeptical voters that his opponent is fundamentally unfit for the office he’s seeking. A few weeks ago, that seemed like a tall order. As the election nears, it no longer appears quite so improbable.

Allegations that Moore routinely pursued teenage girls and in some cases assaulted them when he was a single man in his thirties have caused Republican voters in Alabama to reassess their options. Some have decided to rally around the nominee. But others have recoiled, leaving Moore in real risk of losing his attempt to take over the seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

More than any other group, it is the women of Alabama, specifically Republican women, who will be the divisive voting bloc.

Women like Walton Foster.

A Republican and a Christian, Foster voted for Sen. Luther Strange (R-AL) in the special election primary and said she plans to cast her ballot for Jones in the general. She considers Roy Moore “an abomination.”

“Our historically Republican-leaning suburb is covered with Doug Jones signs. I have seen one for Roy Moore,” said Foster, a mother of two teenage boys who lives in a suburb of Birmingham. “He is more about his personal agenda and less about what is good for the state of Alabama. He does not seem interested in working with anyone. He has refused to debate and defend his positions publicly. When you add the nine accusations—nine!—it is clear he is unfit for office.”

Please, please, please may they be waking up there!

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Nicholas Brendon has really gone off the rails, I'm sorry to say, and he's had multiple arrests in recent years for assaulting women. :annoyed:

I did not know that. What a little blob of pond scum. Every season BtVS had a 'big bad',  I'm thinking Mr. Brendon could be one.

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I think he struggles mightily with alcohol abuse and possibly a personality disorder. He melted down while he was appearing occasionally on "Criminal Minds" of all things. Suddenly Garcia's boyfriend Kevin just disappeared.

I hope Trump decides to do campaign rallies for Moore. Just get Trump and the other Moore supporters riled up, and we could have the complete and utter destruction of the family values myth on live television. 

I shall make an appeal to Rufus while finishing my Thanksgiving preps for today. :pray:

22 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I hope Trump decides to do campaign rallies for Moore. Just get Trump and the other Moore supporters riled up, and we could have the complete and utter destruction of the family values myth on live television. 

I shall make an appeal to Rufus while finishing my Thanksgiving preps for today. :pray:

If the results of his previous endorsements are anything to go by, Doug Jones has nothing to worry about. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

https://www.washingtonian.com/2017/11/22/john-rogers-roy-moore-communications-director-spokesman-resigns/

John Rogers has resigned as communications director from Roy Moore’s Senate campaign, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Reached by phone on Wednesday, Rogers confirmed his resignation. He declined to comment further.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Humm Strange and Gillespie victory was epic after Trump campaigned for them.  So, yea go on Donnie hit the circuit.... oh hold it... Strange and Gillespie tanked when Trump gave his support.  

Sad thing is it might just work to push Moore over the edge to victory, because Alabama.  I can also totally see people seeing Jones's record winning civil rights cases especially the church bombing as a negative thing. You have Trump ranting how Jones is soft on crime, when his record upholding the law is well known in Alabama. Sadly, I'm thinking that very record is what Bannon, Trump and Moore hate about Jones. Putting white hooded (good people on both sides) thugs in jail is a bad thing to Trump and his merry band 

Because I must be a glutton for punishment, I continue following this fiasco on the news channels.

Within the past 24 hours, I have heard unbelievable CRAZY from SOME (not all, thankfully) Republican pundits justifying why Republican Alabamians should vote for Moore.

Santorum stood out as aprime example of this illogical "logic":

"Yeah. I think if Roy Moore gets elected, I think there's a very high chance that he would be expelled from the United States Senate. Look, there's the issue of the charges, there's just the issue of the brass politics of this, which is in this environment, again, where sexual harassment and the charges even worse that were made against Roy Moore with minors, for a man or woman to stand for election in 2018 and to allow someone with these allegations, if they check out -- and again, there will be an investigation by the Senate. I think it's an untenable position for most Senators to be in...." After which he continued (this part paraphrased) So good Republican Alabamians need to vote for Moore. He will be expelled and not be permitted to serve, so your vote for Moore is not actually a vote for such a bad person as Moore, it is actually a vote for a good Republican who will be appointed in Moore's place, you will really be voting for the good Republican, after all, you cannot possibly vote for a liberal, gun-hating, abortion supporting, etc, etc, Democrat.

He said all this while "seeming" to be a reasonable person.

CRAZY. And what is scary, there will be some voters who will fall for this "logic". Right up there with Trump's "But he denied" "logic".

Is it something in the water in Alabama perhaps, that breeds these kinds of morons?

Alabama police chief suspended for making 'sarcastic' sex abuse statements on Facebook

A small-town Alabama police chief has been suspended after making "sarcastic" statements about sexual abuse on Facebook.

Killen police Chief Bryan Hammond wrote on Facebook that "silence is consent" and made what he called a joke about being sexually assaulted by U.S. Senate candidate Democrat Doug Jones.

Hammond is suspended for 15 days without pay because of the comments that were reported by AL.com, said Killen Mayor Tim Tubbs. The mayor declined to comment further on the situation.

Hammond's Facebook comments came in the wake of sexual assault allegations against U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore. AL.com first reported on the comments this past Friday.

"On another note, Doug Jones fondled me on a boy scout camping trip in 1978," Hammond wrote in a Facebook comment. "I wasn't gonna say anything, but I just couldn't stand the thought of him being a senator. I was ok with it until now. By the way, you can't see me right now but I'm crying as I type this."

In a phone interview with AL.com, Hammond said none of it was true, that he was making a joke.

"That was sarcasm," the chief said.

Hammond also posted a photo of a yearbook signature purportedly from Jones. The photo shows this hand-written message: "Bryan, Thanks for the great time camping. Doug Jones."

Hammond's statements appeared on a thread of comments on a TV station article about Beverly Young Nelson, a woman who has accused Moore of trying to rape her in 1977 when she was 16 and he was 30-something. Nelson at a press conference with lawyer Gloria Allred earlier this week showed a yearbook that she claims Moore signed.

Hammond's comments appear on a Facebook post that was made by a woman on his friend list. The post, which shares a news article about Nelson, includes the phrases "Fake News" and "Vote Roy Moore!" It also shows American flag and heart emojis. The post was deleted after AL.com contacted Hammond Friday.

Hammond has been working in law enforcement for over two decades. His career at Killen began in 1998, according to the police department's website. Killen is a northwest Alabama town of about 1,000 in Lauderdale County.

Sarcasm, my big jiggly butt.

The problem isn't that Roy Moore molests children, the problem is that his PR guy couldn't shut the press up about it

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Is it something in the water in Alabama perhaps, that breeds these kinds of morons?

Alabama police chief suspended for making 'sarcastic' sex abuse statements on Facebook

Sarcasm, my big jiggly butt.

I'm not up on legal terms, but isn't that slander?  Was he trying to deflect attention away from Moore? Seeing if it would make it to FoxSpews or InfoWars? Making shit up like that only further harms Moore's victims 

From the article @fraurosena quoted:

Killen police Chief Bryan Hammond wrote on Facebook that "silence is consent" ...

Can we take this guy and the sheriff from a rural part of my state who didn't see any point in collecting rape kits for testing because "most claims of rape are false" and throw them both in Tartarus? 

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The problem isn't that Roy Moore molests children, the problem is that his PR guy couldn't shut the press up about it

The PR folks should start figuring out how to mount a defense when their client is accused of necrophilia and cannibalism, because those are probably the next big taboos on the list. :disgust:

Bryan, you're a collosal asshole! If I thought I could get away with it, I would tell you to your hateful face.

(Yeah, I know Bryan Hammond, and that's all I'm gonna say. I hate it when my real life and my FJ life collide.)

17 hours ago, fraurosena said:

@NakedKnees posted a link to this article on Baptist News that pretty much spells it out.  Sadly, it's not just Alabama: The death of Christianity in the U.S. by Miguel de la Torre.  The first two paragraphs nail it, but the entire thing is well worth a read and gives "fire and brimstone preaching" a whole new meaning. 

Spoiler

Christianity has died in the hands of Evangelicals. Evangelicalism ceased being a religious faith tradition following Jesus’ teachings concerning justice for the betterment of humanity when it made a Faustian bargain for the sake of political influence. The beauty of the gospel message — of love, of peace and of fraternity — has been murdered by the ambitions of Trumpish flimflammers who have sold their souls for expediency. No greater proof is needed of the death of Christianity than the rush to defend a child molester in order to maintain a majority in the U.S. Senate.

Evangelicals have constructed an exclusive interpretation which fuses and confuses white supremacy with salvation. Only those from the dominant culture, along with their supposed inferiors who with colonized minds embrace assimilation, can be saved. But their salvation damns Jesus. To save Jesus from those claiming to be his heirs, we must wrench him from the hands of those who use him as a façade from which to hide their phobias — their fear of blacks, their fear of the undocumented, their fear of Muslims, their fear of everything queer.

Evangelicalism has ceased to be a faith perspective rooted on Jesus the Christ and has become a political movement whose beliefs repudiate all Jesus advocated. A message of hate permeates their pronouncements, evident in sulphurous proclamations like the Nashville Statement, which elevates centuries of sexual dysfunctionalities since the days of Augustine by imposing them upon Holy Writ. They condemn as sin those who express love outside the evangelical anti-body straight jacket.

Evangelicalism’s unholy marriage to the Prosperity Gospel justifies multi-millionaire bilkers wearing holy vestments made of sheep’s clothing who discovered being profiteers rather than prophets delivers an earthly security never promised by the One in whose name they slaughter those who are hungry, thirsty and naked, and the alien among them. Christianity at a profit is an abomination before all that is Holy. From their gilded pedestals erected in white centers of wealth and power, they gaslight all to believe they are the ones being persecuted because of their faith.

Evangelicalism’s embrace of a new age of ignorance, blames homosexuality for Harvey’s rage rather than considering the scientific consequences climate change has on the number of increasing storms of greater and greater ferocity. To ignore the damage caused to God’s creation so the few can profit in raping Mother Earth causes celebrations in the fiery pits of Gehenna.

Evangelicalism forsakes holding a sexual predator, an adulterer, a liar and a racist accountable, instead serving as a shield against those who question POTUS’ immorality because of some warped reincarnation of Cyrus. Laying holy hands upon the incarnation of the very vices Jesus condemned to advance a political agenda — instead of rebuking and chastising in loving prayer — has prostituted the gospel in exchange for the victory of a Supreme Court pick.

Evangelicalism either remained silent or actually supported Charlottesville goose steppers because they protect their white privilege with the doublespeak of preserving heritage, leading them to equate opponents of fascist movements with the purveyors of hatred. Jesus has yet recovered from the vomiting induced by the Christian defenders of torch-wielding white nationalists calling for “blood-and-soil.”

The Evangelicals’ Jesus is satanic, and those who hustle this demon are “false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve” (2 Cor. 11:13-15, NIV).

You might wonder if my condemnation is too harsh. It is not, for the Spirit of the Lord has convicted me to shout from the mountaintop how God’s precious children are being devoured by the hatred and bigotry of those who have positioned themselves as the voice of God in America.

As a young man, I walked down the sawdust aisle at a Southern Baptist church and gave my heart to Jesus. Besides offering my broken heart, I also gave my mind to understanding God, and my arm to procuring God’s call for justice. I have always considered myself to be an evangelical, but I can no longer allow my name to be tarnished by that political party masquerading as Christian. Like many women and men of good will who still struggle to believe, but not in the evangelical political agenda, I too no longer want or wish to be associated with an ideology responsible for tearing humanity apart. But if you, dear reader, still cling to a hate-mongering ideology, may I humbly suggest you get saved.

18 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm not up on legal terms, but isn't that slander? 

Not sure either, but you know if this was said about Melania the lawsuit would have already been filed.

Rufus, please let this split the Repug vote: "Retired Marine colonel to launch Senate write-in campaign in Alabama"

Spoiler

A retired Marine colonel who once served as a top aide to White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly plans to launch a long-shot write-in campaign Monday afternoon to become Alabama’s next senator, with just 15 days left in the campaign. 

Lee Busby, 60, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., said he thinks that the allegations of sexual impropriety against Republican nominee Roy Moore have created an opportunity for a centrist candidate to win more than a third of the state’s votes in the Dec. 12 special election. 

“I think you can flip this thing. If this were a military operation, the left flank and the right flank are heavily guarded,” Busby said. “I think that gives you an opportunity to run straight up the middle.”

Busby, who was lacking any formal campaign structure or even a working website as of Monday morning, said he is counting on social media to spread the word about his campaign. He said he plans to run as an independent on his record as an investment banker, military leader and defense contractor and entrepreneur. He spent the weekend working on a logo and said he is just starting to explore the legal requirements for raising money for a campaign. 

Busby retired from the Marine Corps in 2013 and has focused on his most recent passion, as a sculptor in clay of U.S. military veterans from the Iraq and Afghan wars. His artistic work was recently featured in Southern Living. 

“I just don’t believe that either one of them are qualified to be in the U.S. Senate,” Busby said of Moore and Democratic candidate Doug Jones, noting that both men’s professional experience was in the law. He said he attended a fundraiser for Jones this year but did not donate.

As for the allegations of Moore having inappropriate contact with teenage girls, which Moore has denied, Busby said he was not certain of the truth.

“It has created enough distaste in my mind,” he said. “As a voter, I don’t need to get to the bottom of it.” 

Republican leaders in Washington and Alabama have effectively ruled out running a write-in campaign against Moore because they think it would split the Republican vote, all but ensuring a victory for Jones. Busby, who is divorced with four grown children, argued that his campaign could attract voters from Jones as well as Moore supporters. 

“The people of Alabama are not going to be represented by someone who supports a liberal abortion policy,” Busby said. “I’m extremely concerned about the Democratic Party in Alabama. I don’t think they reflect Alabama’s views.”

Polls suggest that the race has tightened in recent weeks as Republican leaders in Washington have cut ties with Moore after the allegations against him were circulated. A Nov. 21 survey for the Raycom News Network found that about 3 percent of the state’s voters planned to write in a candidate’s name on Election Day. Under state law, write-in candidates will be counted as long as they are for a living person otherwise eligible for the office. 

Busby said he voted for Ohio Gov. John Kasich in the 2016 Republican presidential primary and Donald Trump in the general election. He said he supports Republican efforts to lower taxes, though he has not examined the House and Senate tax reform proposals. He said that he wants to repeal Obamacare and that life begins at conception, though there should be exceptions in antiabortion laws for cases of rape, incest or threats to the life of the mother. 

“At some point, it becomes a human life,” he said of an unborn fetus. “And you have to protect those who can’t protect themselves.” 

After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Busby served as an officer in Baghdad, Ramadi and Fallujah in Iraq, and later worked as a defense contractor training soldiers in Afghanistan. He served as the vice chief of staff to Kelly when the current White House chief of staff was a three-star lieutenant general commanding the Marine Forces Reserve. 

Busby said he had not spoken to Kelly about his plans, but he foresees talking with him if his last-minute campaign gains traction.

“It may make an interesting phone call,” he said.

“I just don’t believe that either one of them are qualified to be in the U.S. Senate,” Busby said of Moore and Democratic candidate Doug Jones, noting that both men’s professional experience was in the law.

Well, this is an ironic statement.  Is Busby unaware that Congress is where laws are made and having a law degree is considered an asset when you are, you know, writing laws?

Busby's all like, How hard can it be?

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, this is an ironic statement.  Is Busby unaware that Congress is where laws are made and having a law degree is considered an asset when you are, you know, writing laws?

He just figures the "magic R" beside his name means he knows everything, or at least that Rufus will bless him with the requisite knowledge.

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

There are quite a few Senators without law degrees.

Page 6 of following link shows the breakdown of professions

https://www.senate.gov/CRSpubs/0b699eff-adc5-43c4-927e-f63045bdce8e.pdf

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived