IGNORED

Lori Alexander 33: Counting Everyone's Calories

Lori has no reading comprehension and she has no desire for reading comprehension. She only has a desire to argue. 

Lori, Melanie was asking if you think it's okay for women to follow devotionals and Bible studies WRITTEN BY these women you have named as sinners because they preach from a pulpit. In other words, is Melanie in the wrong for following a Bible study written by Joyce Meyer?  Please, Lori, read the questions thoroughly and, for the love of God, stop being so snotty.  You are the one who looks stupid each time you ridicule someone with a serious question. 

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to break it to you Lori but you are preaching by your definition. You are religiously speaking to a group of people, both men and women, And the church is literally just a building. Many of the disciples did not have a church building to preach in. During revivals pastors would preach out in the open. So you can't limit this to just Sunday's and being in a church building. Christians are The Church. And you're preaching. 

46 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Hate to break it to you Lori but you are preaching by your definition. You are religiously speaking to a group of people, both men and women, And the church is literally just a building. 

Yep, someone mentioned that yesterday, and Lori called a technicality :pb_rollseyes:

I am not in a church as I write for my blog. I am sitting comfortably in my home! 

If she were in a church, it would be totally different, but it's okay since she's teaching men like Don from her home (while sitting comfortably).

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

Yep, someone mentioned that yesterday, and Lori called a technicality 

If she were in a church, it would be totally different, but it's okay since she's teaching men like Don from her home (while sitting comfortably).

Hahaha but we know if someone else did the same thing she would be all over that 

3 hours ago, Koala said:

I feel the same way.  She is twisting scripture in order to keep women trapped in abusive situations. 

In a post earlier in the week, she said:

She basically says, "Sure, leave your husband, but as you go, realize that you are taking Jesus and his chance of salvation with you."

She is loading her readers down with burdens that she knows many of them won't be able to get out from under.  She tells them that suffering will make them godly, and save their husbands from an eternity in hell.

Victims have a hard enough time walking away as it is.  Something like this is just one more bolt across the door.

No one is responsible for another person's salvation.  That's not how it works.  However, if a woman does feel some responsibility toward her husband's soul, she should consider the words of a Christian woman who left her Christian celebrity husband a couple years ago, citing abuse.  She said that by staying with him and covering for him, she was condoning and facilitating his abuse, essentially sinning herself.  I would NEVER put that blame on an abused wife myself, but allowing someone to abuse you without consequences is not going to magically motivate that person to change and is not going to lead him away from sin.  How many abusive men are actually going to think, "Wow, you're so sweet and obedient no matter how badly I treat you and take advantage of you.  You have won me without a word, and now I will become more godly." 

12 minutes ago, LizzieDawn said:

No one is responsible for another person's salvation.  That's not how it works.  However, if a woman does feel some responsibility toward her husband's soul, she should consider the words of a Christian woman who left her Christian celebrity husband a couple years ago, citing abuse.  She said that by staying with him and covering for him, she was condoning and facilitating his abuse, essentially sinning herself.  I would NEVER put that blame on an abused wife myself, but allowing someone to abuse you without consequences is not going to magically motivate that person to change and is not going to lead him away from sin.  How many abusive men are actually going to think, "Wow, you're so sweet and obedient no matter how badly I treat you and take advantage of you.  You have won me without a word, and now I will become more godly." 

I think you hit the nail on the head. But allowing him to continue his abuse or even other negative behavior a person is allowing him to continue in sin. Henry Townsend when talking about boundaries basically says it's far kinder to say, this isn't okay, than to allow it to continue happening. 

Can she just not be rude for once? This woman specifically said that they tried to avoid it and God kept calling them back to it. And obviously they're producing good fruit. To Lori it is far more important to limit a person's abilities based on a single interpretation than it is to spread the Gospel. Who is Lori to decide whether or not God's calling is real in a person's life? 

image.png

I'm sure this has been brought up before but....

God gave his big instructions about the tree directly to ADAM. Eve wasn't even around yet (if one follows the Genesis timeline). Who's to say that Adam didn't relay those instructions poorly to Eve? Hmmmm? Which would make him (drumroll please).....

A SHITTY PREACHER.

30 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'm sure this has been brought up before but....

God gave his big instructions about the tree directly to ADAM. Eve wasn't even around yet (if one follows the Genesis timeline). Who's to say that Adam didn't relay those instructions poorly to Eve? Hmmmm? Which would make him (drumroll please).....

A SHITTY PREACHER.

Hahaha I've actually heard this before. Also if he was right there why didn't he idk say something? He was involved just as much as Eve. And at least Eve questioned crap. Adam just took it and ate. 

Oh lord...someone just pulled the "we're not under the law" card on Lori.  That is Lori's card, for her use only!  She mainly trots it out when someone asks why she doesn't tithe, or why she does something they feel violates scripture.  

It'll be interesting to see how she reacts.  She'll either be over the top combative, or delete it all together.

Reader:

Why do women have to be silent in church? What’s that even mean?

Lori:

Read 1 Timothy 2 where it clearly explains this.

Reader 2:

The story goes that the women were asking their husbands question during the reaching and since they were across the seating areas from each other it was causing problems. Also if you read it its says the law which we are not under now

Lori on Monday:

This means we enjoy being silent and not having to be the center of attention 

Lori today:

I am hoping to share my YouTube video of me making the Sourdough Einkorn Bread tomorrow! 

Monday: "Godly women should enjoy not being the center of attention!"

Wednesday: "Watch me make bread, and salad dressing, and soup!  Watch meeeeeee!"

Lori seems to be playing Petyr Baelish's game...'I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do?' She's going out of her way to assume the worst possible motivations. Direct rebellion....Jezebel...disobedience.  Says moe about her than it does about them IMO. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Oh lord...someone just pulled the "we're not under the law" card on Lori.  That is Lori's card, for her use only!  She mainly trots it out when someone asks why she doesn't tithe, or why she does something they feel violates scripture.  

It'll be interesting to see how she reacts.  She'll either be over the top combative, or delete it all together.

Reader:

Lori:

Reader 2:

Lori on Monday:

Lori today:

Monday: "Godly women should enjoy not being the center of attention!"

Wednesday: "Watch me make bread, and salad dressing, and soup!  Watch meeeeeee!"

She reacted: 

la111517a.jpg.9972640506d1760cc88e900ebd695522.jpg

We'll see how long this stays up...

Also, to Lori: 

apply-cold-water-to-burned-area.jpg.65a489ad1f984290dc3458d239a88360.jpg

Lori has discovered that she can say pretty much anything, in any tone, as long as she calls it "truth", and acts baffled that anyone would be offended.  

"You must hate God and his ways."  "You must not believe the Bible."  "That must be because you don't have faith in God."  

Those are all things she's said to readers under the holy covering of "TRUTH!"  Women she doesn't even know, but she appoints herself judge and jury.  

She argues readers to the ground, while insisting her followers be kind, and not insist on having the last word (probably because she wants the last word).

Yesterday said the following to a reader:

We can’t go around rebuking people that we don’t know

If Lori believed that, she could spend a lot more time keeping her home, and a lot less time "monitoring" the internet.  It's one of the reasons I don't believe her ministry could possibly be considered biblical.  She doesn't even know (or take the time to get to know) these women she claims to mentor.  She just tears them down, and insists they adopt her narrow interpretation of a couple of verses out of the entire Bible, while "sitting comfortably" in her home. 

The rest of scripture?  Well, she can always delete it if someone posts a verse that doesn't go with her "message".

This is what Lori's commands look like in practice:

Reader

For mothers who are busy with lots of young ones. They need that time out with the husbands blessing to spend time with the Lord, have a shower or nourish their bodies.

See?  Submission is really beautiful! It's totally okay to take a "time-out" to pray, shower, or eat a meal, as long as you have your husbands blessing. 

Who wouldn't want to live like that?!?

If your husband is a "command man" and doesn't want you wasting his precious time praying/showering/eating, that's okay too!  Suffering refines us and makes us more like Jesus!  Besides, you are tasked with saving your husband's very soul, and what an honor that is.  There's nothing like living with a starving, dirty doormat, to make a man want to get right with Jesus.  

Blessings!

:pb_rollseyes:

Lori is becoming more despicable by the day, if that's even possible.

Someone just left this comment on yesterday's morning post:

Should pastors add no caveats to the Ephesians 6 passage too? “Today’s message is on why slavery is fine as long as slaves are obedient and masters are kind...” The Bible endorsed slavery, but we’ve evolved passed that-thankfully! We’ve evolved passed seeing women as merely property too, and that’s also a good thing.

Excellent point, which means it will be zapped toot sweet.  :my_dodgy:

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Looks like she deleted herself saying we can't rebuke those we don't know. Does anyone have the screenshot? 

Comments of this post:

https://thetransformedwife.com/what-about-successful-female-preachers/#comments

Lori on Tuesday:

We can’t go around rebuking people that we don’t know, Aiesha. 

Lori on Thursday (to a reader she most certainly does not know):

“He can use us however He wants” but He’s also given us clear instructions, Kelly, and you are acting in the spirit of Jezebel. You are in rebellion to God’s ordained role for you. You were not “called to preach”since God doesn’t change nor contradict His Word. 

She continues:

What you are doing is shameful in God’s eyes; for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. I fear for women like you who make up their own bible and do as they wish. Please, repent and begin walking in the Spirit and in obedience to His will. 

She is a real piece of work.

But hey, she's not rebuking.  She's speaking the TRUTH!

Oh great! I thought it was an fb comment so didn't look at her blog. Figured this is an important one to catch.

So here ya go...

rebukingwedontknow.thumb.PNG.bf1785cb8cad2004eb9cc5358143f20c.PNG

What the crap this latest post? 

Preacher Lori, if you'd like to not be a hypocrite you should really be covering your head because God's ways are perfect and there's never any culture context to be understood. (Rolls eyes)

Also....

1 Peter 3:3-4New International Version (NIV)

3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

So no makeup, no jewelry away those things go. Also gentle and quiet spirit does not look like your comment section.

1 Timothy 5:10

And is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the Lord's people, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds

:tw_grimace: helping those in trouble and doing good deeds? Actually the whole passage in Timothy 5 goes against what she preaches, yes preaches, about because she encourages young widows to seek help from the church but that's a no no. And it does rebuke those who don't provide for their family especially their immediate family. There is no gender specifier on that. hmmmm

“Success isn’t big crowds but it IS bringing HUNDREDS upon hundreds of thousands of people to salvation through Jesus"

Hmmmm I guess 35K or so followers on facebook isn't a big crowd.  Maybe her page needs a new button for those who have been saved by her rather than the crowds she brings in. 

Didn't Ken try to tell us that Lori had saved MILLIONS of marriages? 

I don't think Lori Alexander is one who should get all nit picky about numbers. 

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

When Ken was here he claimed she'd saved "thousands" of marriages.  :pb_lol:

And yet, we have never seen any of these "success stories" commenting on her blog. I've always thought that was odd. I mean, if someone had saved my marriage and they had a "popular blog," I'd take the time to leave an encouraging comment now and then. I'd let people know how this "mentor" had saved my marriage. 

I just realized how often I put things in quotes when commenting about Ken and Lori. I guess that's what happens when discussing self-important lying fame whores. 

Ohhhh this might be why Lori is going after Joyce Meyer recently. On a 19 day old comment on her amazon page this is said:

@Stacey braun where in her book (or blog or f/b) does Lori help others make a couples marriage grow? Her suggestions are all about how the woman needs to change, how the woman is always wrong, how to be silent and passive aggressive. A marriage is between 2 people, not 1. Both have to try and make it work. If one doesn't want to make it work, the marriage is going to fail. Failed marriage is not always divorce but some stay legally married but are bitter, resentful and passive aggressive. Ken and Lori Alexander are examples of the later. They are not good examples of a good marriage. In addition, Lori has zero education in the realm of marriage, counseling or theology. In fact, time and time again she harps on the same few passages in the Bible and takes them out of context. I implore you to read a better book about marriage. If you are looking for a godly older woman with marriage advice I suggest you look at Joyce Meyer (who uses the entire Bible instead of just a few short verses) or Beth Moore. Like Lori, they don't have theology nor counseling degrees but at least they research the Bible and use it in context and use the entire Bible- not just bits and pieces. 

See she is jealous and doesn't want anyone going to Joyce instead of her. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived