IGNORED

Lori Alexander 33: Counting Everyone's Calories

37 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Today's post addresses how her views are nothing like those in Atwood's _The Handmaid's Tale_. Naturally, she hasn't read the book and read only a summary of the movie. I guess it's not a commentary of old.

It's totally okay, fluffy. She read it on Wikipedia, which is so accurate college professors accept it as a source for papers. :pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fluffy said:

Today's post addresses how her views are nothing like those in Atwood's _The Handmaid's Tale_. Naturally, she hasn't read the book and read only a summary of the movie. I guess it's not a commentary of old.

Bullshit. I've read it and some of those lines are almost word for word what she preaches. 

My newest homesteading book has come in. I was flipping through it in bed this morning and I cannot see Lori doing any of these truly natural, back to the earth type things, like making her own butter, yogurt, household cleaners, lotion bars, etc.  

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

If this were any other blogger, I'd assume it was a typo but with Lori we cannot be sure. 

It reminds me of the scene in "Overboard," where Goldie Hawn says "Doctor, Grant's having another nervous breakdown. He thinks he's God. Keep him busy."  I guess Lori's blog is Ken's way of keeping her busy. 

IMG_8988.PNG

LOL. It's been corrected. You are welcome, Lori!

3 hours ago, fluffy said:

Her repulsive, hateful views are exactly like those in AHT! The obtuseness is really thick with this one. 

21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

She looks a lot older than him. 

Looks like they share the same hair dye. Ken's grey roots are showing.

Y'know, Lori, the only all-natural, organic, raw, grass-fed, locally sourced hair color is the shade that grows out of your head.

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Today's post is just more proof that she reads here.  She really can't help herself; can she? 

100% correct. If it goes against her, it OBVIOUSLY goes against God. Barf. How arrogant can one human be?

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

Her repulsive, hateful views are exactly like those in AHT! The obtuseness is really thick with this one. 

So thick with obstuseness AND insecurity. Lol. I would feel bad for her if she didn't tear other vulnerable women down. But she does and that is pure evil.

I've actually heard numerous male pastors say they've heard God speak to them through the Holy Spirit. I especially hear it in reference to them describing their call to preach.  I don't know why she placed a special emphasis on women. Is it because she thinks we have a harder  time hearing the word of God? We must always examine a calling in light of scripture and pray on it. But after her initial reply I don't really get the rest of her replies because they seem kinda discouraging of the woman. I personally think it's great that she's felt lead by the Holy Spirit! Let's celebrate that not tear it down. 

image.png

In response to her blathering about Beth Moore's quip about Noah, Lori finds a way to distance herself from the entire Old Testament:

Chatroom Member: So you are saying we can't relate our lives to those in the Old Testament and the things God said to them isn't applicable to our lives? I'm confused about this one

· Reply · 51m

Lori Alexander: We shouldn't be pulling out things that don't exist. Yes, we should model some of their great faith in God as listed in Hebrews 11 but too many try to pull out something out of nothing. Not every detail in the OT has an ulterior or spiritual meaning behind it.

A bit OT:  I know it's fun to make fun of June Cleaver, but June was a pretty cool mom.  Yes, June did usually wear skirts and dresses and did often wear pearls or some other necklace to cover up a scar on her neck or collarbone.  I've seen her in the kitchen snapping green beans and she often served roast beef and otters appetizing foods for dinner.  Leave It to Beaver was one of the first shows to heavily feature kid's slang. Ward and June practiced gentle discipline with Wally and the Beaver, and LItB was the first TV show to show their toilet.  

I think that the real impetus of American interest in cooking was Julia Child and her show The French Chef.  Lots of people my age are up watching Julia on TV and the succession of chefs on TV that followed her.  We might still be eating crap if not for Julia.

23 minutes ago, fluffy said:

In response to her blathering about Beth Moore's quip about Noah, Lori finds a way to distance herself from the entire Old Testament:

Chatroom Member: So you are saying we can't relate our lives to those in the Old Testament and the things God said to them isn't applicable to our lives? I'm confused about this one

· Reply · 51m

Lori Alexander: We shouldn't be pulling out things that don't exist. Yes, we should model some of their great faith in God as listed in Hebrews 11 but too many try to pull out something out of nothing. Not every detail in the OT has an ulterior or spiritual meaning behind it.

What? My reaction to your post is obviously for Lori. That makes zero sense. 

Also, I think what she's saying is...if it doesn't fit her narrative, it's pointless to mention and is wrong. 

I think she and Ken are in bunker mentality with their own views of the Bible. She has turned on Nancy Leigh DeMoss (wolgelmuth sp?) and GASP John McArthur! This week she said she was disappointed in him because she doesn't think he preaches submission well enough. I think his mistake was suggesting that the wife submits freely of her own accord. 

Also I've never seen anyone complain about the leadership at her own church more than Lori. She resented having to turn to her neighbor in the pew and say she was broken (each member was asked to do this as part of the preaching).Don't ask me, it sounds kooky as hell but I wasn't there. I also go to a mainline protestant church and not some church in a box with a light show and rock and roll band. 

In another year or two, it'll be Lori and Ken home-churching it in their suburban splendor. In lieu of communion, Ken will throw Lori over his knee and spank her silly. 

@fluffy wait she turned on John McArthur? Isn't submission on of his big preaching points? I'm not really familiar with him, once I saw his views on mental health counselors and therapist I just ignored him. 

Like I have said before, Lori is too stupid to read and comprehend the Handmaid's Tale.  The fact that she found a Bible verse about being a handmaid proves that to me....She would be the perfect Aunt except that she is married but is past childbearing age so she would be useless and Ken would be able to visit the brothel as the men do.  Her daughter would also be a Martha since she is possibly infertile.  She also would not be able to have her blog...like I said she is a moron.

@Sarah92, the one reliably delicious meal of the week, when I was a kid 50+ years ago, was Sunday dinner. The rest of the week it was hot dogs, fish sticks, etc.

According to Lori's recent IG story, she and Ken had Ryan's kids yesterday. If they went to a restaurant with the three little kids, I wonder if the kids were allowed to order anything. Remember when Lori fixed herself some breakfast and told Emma she could not have a bite because she had already had her breakfast?  

Food is such a huge object of control in that family. I worry about those kids. 

In the chat room, Lori recommended the books of Kate Singh. I went to Amazon, found her Kindle books were free, and got eight of them.

I wish I could do the same for Lori's book but there is no free option. If Lori has a free Kindle book, more of her followers could read her book and post verified reviews. Hope this helps.

Lori has forgotten one of the cardinal rules of the movie/book world: Never judge a book by its movie. Words to live by, Lori-girl. And another rule: Read the book before you start bitching about it. Those things being said, let's take a look at some of the similarities between The Handmaid's Tale and Lori's bullshit:  

A woman's purpose in life is to bear children? Check. 

Women are to submit to the authority of men, whether those men are good or evil? Check. 

Women are not to be in positions of authority? Check. 

Women are helpless to protect themselves from men? Check. 

Women should be completely dependent on men?  Check. 

Whatever a man says, goes? Check. 

Women have no right to refuse men's advances? Check. 

Religious beliefs are used to control the behavior of women? Check. 

Women's clothing should be controlled by men? Check. 

Women have no right to make their own decisions? Check, check, and check. 

The details are different, and I don't think Lori would support women being handed over to men to use as concubines, at least I hope she wouldn't...but this is Lori, so I'm not completely sure she wouldn't be OK with it, as long as a man said so. 

I'm sure I'm missing other parallels, this is just off the top of my head. Anyone who can add to this list, please do!  

56 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@usmcmom,  I can't imagine getting something to eat and not sharing with my grandchild if they asked for a bite.

No children myself yet, but about to have a niece and I can't imagine when I am with her not giving her a bite of my food if she wanted one. It's weird. 

Also, your above about Julia Child, I loved her videos. When I was a teenager I used to remember seeing her on the Food Network and still love her. I was a weird teenager who loved watching HGTV, cooking shows and documentaries. I love to cook personally, but I don't think I'm unusual on that like Lori claims. 

I  had to help my parents take care of my nieces for some times due to unfortunate reasons (their parents made stupid decisions, they live with their mom now that she's got herself together). In the beginning of their stay, the oldest  didn't eat much at all, probably stress related, to an almost worrying degree. I would have cried tears of joy if she wanted something off my plate.

I just got super creative with getting them both to eat. By the end of their stay she'd fallen in love with brussel sprouts and waffles.  She'd also become entranced watching cooking shows; I had to sit through some random baking show where they made peaches and cream pie because it's what she wanted to watch. They'd both love to help making dinner and baking. They are absolutely brilliant children. 

I'm not really a food sharer, I especially don't like people just taking off my plate. But having to take care of those kids gave me a whole other view of being flexible for children. Sure we don't want them to be unhealthy but if they want healthy foods why not share a bit? 

I think allowing kids to have tastes of our food is a good idea because it broadens their palate. If they have just finished oatmeal and fruit but want a bite of, say, avocado toast; let them have a taste!  

I think I remember this correctly -but the breakfast Lori had fixed herself was different than what she had already fed Emma. Telling her ""No! You had yours!" robbed Emma of a chance to try some new foods. It also robbed her of the chance to see a basic act of sharing!! 

A little off topic: My son-in-law can eat A LOT. He and my daughter started dating in high school and he was an athlete so we always just attributed it to his being an active teenage boy. He also had a few interesting habits. For instance, if they ordered a pizza, he would want to divided it right away. If they ordered sushi, he'd count out his share and put it all on his plate. He often asked about the next meal as we were finishing the current one. He is tall and broad but not overweight. Anyway, he used to except our teasing with such grace and good humor; although we only teased him about his huge appetite; never about his little "quirks." 

One day, I happened to overhear him make a couple comments about food in his household and I vowed to stop teasing him about anything concerning food. His comments made me believe he had grown up with food insecurity and it made me so sad. My daughter has only told me a little bit but she has said that now that they have been married a couple years; now that he is comfortable with their income and ability to buy plenty;  his eating habits have changed - his "quirks" are fading. I can tell she was so loving and compassionate with him over his insecurities. They work together on menus and cooking. They cook really healthy food and he is soooo complimentary of her as a wife and a nurse. She always makes sure to make leftovers; I think so he will always know there is food available. 

Anyway, there are many ways to create food insecurity and negative ideas about food and I think Lori did that to her daughters and is now doing it to her grandkids. 

On the Handmaid Tale - I can also easily imagine Commander Ken taking his Ofken to some of the events like they have in the book...and imagine Lori Joy plotting to get rid of the Handmaids.  She'd also have them preparing Big Salads.

On food - I get not liking kids TAKING things off your plate, but generally I share with mine.  Pleased to say I raised a not-picky eater who is getting more adventurous by NOT stressing out about it all the time, and feeding her kid-appropriate versions of our food (like noodles and tomatoes without all the spaghetti spices) to get her used to big people stuff.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived