IGNORED

Lori Alexander 33: Counting Everyone's Calories

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love Lindy chiming in with her two cents:

If hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of people are professing salvation, it is not the narrow way of Biblical salvation that few will find.

Too many people are being saved, I tell ya!  It's like they don't know that the Lord is running a very exclusive club for godly women like Lindy and Lori.

22 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Hate to break it to you Lori but you are preaching by your definition. You are religiously speaking to a group of people, both men and women, And the church is literally just a building. Many of the disciples did not have a church building to preach in. During revivals pastors would preach out in the open. So you can't limit this to just Sunday's and being in a church building. Christians are The Church. And you're preaching. 

Now that is TRUTH.

I'm half tempted to make a bunch of fake FB accounts - throwaways that she'll ban - and post this daily as a comment.

I'm so certain that our ancestors weighed their ingredients. :pb_rollseyes:

And its a BROT form! LONG O! Not a brat (short a) form. sorry, bitch-eating crackers moment.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Gotta love Lindy chiming in with her two cents:

Too many people are being saved, I tell ya!  It's like they don't know that the Lord is running a very exclusive club for godly women like Lindy and Lori.

I imagine there's a velvet rope across the Pearly Gates.  The bouncers will decide who gets in.

Reader:

What an amzing influence a woman has! She has a powerful influemce over the mood of the home amd just by her Godly behaviour, she can convict and cause her disobedient husband and turn him back to Christ!

This isn't Biblical at all.  Where in the Bible does it say a wife can convict?  I thought Lori was always saying we weren't our husband's Holy Spirit?  

I guess that's when they're standing up for themselves.  When she's trying to convince them to stay in a bad situation, all of a sudden the wife holds her husband's salvation in her hands.

The rest of the comments are her readers chiming in to bemoan the fate of women like Joyce Meyers and Nancy Woglemuth. 

Gossips....gossips "roaming from house to house, saying what they ought not".  

36 minutes ago, jadis87 said:

Watching Lori's einkorn bread tutorial. Why are all these fundie women so obsessed with "Gut" health? 

There there are many secular people concerned with gut health too. More & more evidence is showing that an unhealthy gut is linked to a lot of issues. 

But so many fundies seem uneducated about it. I never listen to a fundie source. 

15 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I'm so certain that our ancestors weighed their ingredients. :pb_rollseyes:

And its a BROT form! LONG O! Not a brat (short a) form. sorry, bitch-eating crackers moment.

Ooooooo is that what BEC stands for? 

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ooooooo is that what BEC stands for? 

Yep. I've heard longer explanations, but this graphic is a quick summary of the idea.

Spoiler

1326934140959_1583350.png.27a06655e370604c3ef87ddff2df7c23.png

Probably I've mentioned it somewhere before, but I have a friend who is a devout Muslim. She told me that after every Muslim-linked act of terrorism, someone is bound to ask her how she can say it's a religion of peace. She says that Islam is a religion. As with every religion, messed up people bring their own attitudes and shortcomings to it, and then they gravitate to the teachings and scriptures that match their preconceptions.

"Christians" who are driven by the need to judge and scold, to separate the sheep from the goats, to place themselves above the other sinners, to be part of a small elect, to justify biblically what they want to do anyway, can find the verses and godly mentors who will encourage those traits.

Lindy--there are 7 billion plus people on earth. Is a few hundred thousand saved really too many for you?

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Today Lori highlights one of her commenters from yesterday and calls her a jezebel.

That's Lori for you.  This page from got questions clears up this spirit of Jezebel business and ends with this warning:

Perhaps the best way to define the Jezebel spirit is to say it characterizes anyone who acts in the same manner as Jezebel did, engaging in immorality, idolatry, false teaching and unrepentant sin. To go beyond that is to engage in conjecture and can possibly lead to false accusations and divisiveness within the body of Christ.

Lori's blog posts "warning" women to watch out for those "Jezebels" are divisive, insulting and most jezebelesque, if you ask me.  Jezebel wanted what she wanted when she wanted it. Like Lori. 

There are two incidents in the life of Jezebel that characterize her and may define what is meant by the “Jezebel spirit.” One trait is her obsessive passion for domineering and controlling others, especially in the spiritual realm. 

a single-minded determination to have one’s way, no matter who is destroyed in the process, is a characteristic of the Jezebel spirit.

Here's the page: https://www.gotquestions.org/Jezebel-spirit.html

I'd like to slap that smug Lori wannabe Lindy bitch.

These heifers are so far from Jesus, they wouldn't know him if they ran him over.

Accepting your husband's bullshit without complaint doesn't do shit to make him change. If anything, it's the opposite. Why change when you are doing whatever you want with no consequences?

These pathetic women use Lori's blog to feel better about themselves by denigrating women who aren't afraid to think for themselves. Women who aren't afraid to leave their homes, and who aren't afraid of their husbands. Women who use their God-given talents to earn money and help others.

These judgemental, pharisee-like, and ignorant so-called Christians are in for a rude awakening. Ugh, ugh, and ugh.

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

These judgemental, pharisee-like, and ignorant so-called Christians are in for a rude awakening. Ugh, ugh, and ugh.

I vote we have a FJ section on judgement day to watch the shit hit the fan when these people meet the Lord. I'll bring popcorn and wine. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Oh great! I thought it was an fb comment so didn't look at her blog. Figured this is an important one to catch.

So here ya go...

rebukingwedontknow.thumb.PNG.bf1785cb8cad2004eb9cc5358143f20c.PNG

Lori is 'sure their intentions are good,' but she also says they are in direct rebellion, they are Jezebels, and are in clear disobedience to 'God's perfect ways.' So which is it, Lori dear? Are their intentions good, or the evil you assume every other time you talk about them? 

I watched about two minutes of Lori's sour puss...I mean sour dough...video; and I have a question. 

Whatever happened to Lori's pledge to NOT buy anything new for a year?  

Anybody??

Today the wise Lindy claims that hundreds of thousands of people is not the narrow way (referring to when the Bible says few ill find the narrow way). 

Oh the ignorance. A quick Google check says there are 7.6 billion people on the planet, so even a few million Christians is still a small number. 

@AlwaysDiscerning that amazon review comment, do you really think Lori goes back and reads all the comments? I know I can't see the comments to reviews unless I am on a laptop or desktop (they don't show up on my phone). I think I have to be on a laptop/desktop to write a response to a comment too. I just hope the reviewers go back and read the comments back to their reviews.  Interesting theory that you think that comment is what set her off on Joyce Myers :D 

What I've noticed is that when the women or men in the comments try to make a point about why women should be as Lori says they should be, they almost always use extreme dysfunction I.e a mother allowing her 8 year old to pose nude. That's not what healthy individuals do. The extremes are not an example of norms. When a women mentions that she couldn't handle a part time job I don't contribute it to her being a woman. Most women can handle a part time job. I want to know the other factors such as poor work environment, family stressors, personal stressors such as health and poor mental health that made it difficult. Extremes are not norms for most individuals extremes are only norms when you live in the constant extremes. 

I've watched what I can of the bread video.

I'm just wondering, if you're making a starter with wheat flour, and you're gluten-intolerant, how's that going to work out?  

I'm fed up with her telling people that are gluten-intolerant to try certain products.  If someone tries this flour because of her, gets sick, ends up in the hospital, can they sue her?  

I sure hope that she washed her hands before mixing the ingredients.

Also, she sure buys a lot of stuff at Target and Amazon, two companies that are known for gay, lesbian, transgender equality.  It seemed like she was bragging that she could afford all that stuff, "it was only $10...it was only $48...".  Does she understand that a lot of people don't have extra money floating around?   

This woman..ugh.

40 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I've watched what I can of the bread video.

I'm just wondering, if you're making a starter with wheat flour, and you're gluten-intolerant, how's that going to work out?  

Here's the most recent recap I could find on studies of Einkorn for people with celiac disease. For milder forms of gluten intolerance, it might be OK:

https://www.verywell.com/is-einkorn-wheat-gluten-free-562771

Lori also seems to believe that sourdough does not contain yeast. It is in fact a live yeast culture. Does she think it raises up in prayer?

You don't need the rice flour, or the fancy stirrer thingy, or the pretty pattern bowls to make good wholegrain sourdough breads. The Dutch oven is nice to have, but not essential.

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

What I've noticed is that when the women or men in the comments try to make a point about why women should be as Lori says they should be, they almost always use extreme dysfunction I.e a mother allowing her 8 year old to pose nude. That's not what healthy individuals do. The extremes are not an example of norms. When a women mentions that she couldn't handle a part time job I don't contribute it to her being a woman. Most women can handle a part time job. I want to know the other factors such as poor work environment, family stressors, personal stressors such as health and poor mental health that made it difficult. Extremes are not norms for most individuals extremes are only norms when you live in the constant extremes. 

Yeah, I was wondering what famous personality she is talking about and also Flicka acted that was not weird or, you know, fucking illegal to have 8yos pose nude. Does she think most non-Christians allow this or think it's okay? That's what is implied. Except I am sure that almost everyone would see that as wrong, minus a few creeps that should be in jail far away from any child ever. I said before that I'd feel more sorry for Flicka for her circumstances if she wasn't such a bitch to everyone else. 

Also, this comment before it gets deleted. 

la111517sweatbulletsedit.jpg.e650504bf7b36aff9856552a9b736574.jpg

On 11/15/2017 at 8:51 AM, Koala said:

I haven't read Lori's book,

Oh you have read it ;)  The majority of the book is just Lori's old blog posts and things she has said in comments.  I'd say there is maybe 5% that she hasn't said before.  The book itself is very repetitive (just like her blog(s)).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived