IGNORED

Lori Alexander 33: Counting Everyone's Calories

Lori:

I can’t think of one truly biblical famous male preacher of the Word that lives an extravagant lifestyle, can you?

Reader:

I can think of one famous pastor who preaches the truth faithfully and does not live an extravagant life and that would be John MacArthur!

Lori:

He one who came to mind immediately as I wrote that line.

She knew it wasn't true when she wrote it, but it went with her message, so she wrote it "anyways". 

If he came to mind, then she should have realized that what she was writing was a lie, and then deleted it!

Lori:

I am not in a church as I write for my blog. I am sitting comfortably in my home! Yes, we attend church every Sunday but I don't teach in it. I am silent in our church.

You are silent, because EVERY church you've asked to allow you to teach, has told you that they didn't want you doing it on their grounds.  One church even went so far as to call Ken and inform him that you weren't allowed to spread your message (submission/keepers at home) in the church.  That's why you are silent...no one will allow you to bring your toxic "message" into their congregation.

As a result, you trash your church every chance you get, for not teaching the from the one or two passages you want to hear from.  

What is “success” any ways? Big crowds? Lots of money? Popular books? TV shows? Are any of these successful in God’s eyes? Does He care about any of these things? No! 

Which begs the question, why ask people who haven't even read your book to give you a 5 star review, if success doesn't matter?

This hasn't happened once- it's happened multiple times.  

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Loveday

More of what we have talked about here. She monitors this forum like crazy. 

There's that open mouth again! :pb_lol:  I think we discovered the real reason she's not invited to dinner.

Kim no doubt will get the boot soon. I have the entire string, here is the latest exchange. Lori is pissed she is supporting Joyce. 

kimmorgan.PNG.435206abf201d5726560b6e50a568bbf.PNG

So if women are to learn things from their husbands, go to their husbands, why on earth is Lori needed???

I’ve had to cut my sugar intake by a lot because I’m pregnant and have high blood sugar. Sorry, but there’s no way I believe that Lori (or anyone) can use $14 butter and $6 eggs to make sugar free cookies that are better than the ones I can go to the store and buy for $5.

Okay, so I finally watched a Lori YouTube - the one above and then the infamous salad dressing one.

The same salad dressing every single night?  Don't get me wrong, I love me some ranch, but no, just no.

@AlwaysDiscerning seriously isn't that contradicting Lori's whole purpose? Are women to learn from their husband or from older women? 

Also this very judgmental reply from Lori.  Where does she get off saying these things? A true teacher would say,in my opinion,  "Really? Please tell me more about your growth as a Christian. I'd love to know about your journey!" It makes you look less like a jerk but then again maybe it's the counselor training in me. 

And Frannie, men and women are pretty emotional and emotions aren't unhealthy things to have. Given the number of church scandals from male preachers/priests and corrupt male politicians I'd say men make just as many poor decisions. And usually get this, it's not emotions it's the distorted thoughts that often get you in trouble. A person assumes they're indestructible and won't get caught, they assume they know everything, they assume people are dumb. So I'm just gonna loudly roll my eyes on that one, all of it really. 

Also I've never read Jesus Calling but plan on buying it. But that book is well respected by everyone I've talked to and has incredibly good reviews on Amazon. Why would you attack that? 

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

3 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Also I've never read Jesus Calling but plan on buying it. But that book is well respected by everyone I've talked to and has incredibly good reviews on Amazon. Why would you attack that? 

She would say good reviews is a sign of worldliness. The world is praising the book, not God. Which of course that brings into question why she cares so much about good reviews for her book. 

21 minutes ago, 99bottlesofPlexus said:

I’ve had to cut my sugar intake by a lot because I’m pregnant and have high blood sugar. Sorry, but there’s no way I believe that Lori (or anyone) can use $14 butter and $6 eggs to make sugar free cookies that are better than the ones I can go to the store and buy for $5.

Have yet to master a sugar free chocolate chip cookie that is just as good as sugar store bought. Always close but no banana. *sobs* 

but they don't make me feel like crap like sugar laden ones do so it's a fair trade for me. 

Now, I have just found anew recipe I'm going to try that's supposed to be the best ever. So we'll see. I'm always going to chase that elusive perfect cookie. 

And in our family, I'm the more logical more linear thinker. I'm the one that will clean fish, wants to start hunting next year, and wants to one day raise my own meat. Take that, Frannie. (Though she'd say I had a man's brain, like my mom does) 

@AlwaysDiscerning no doubt that's what she would say. The poor reviews on her book are signs of being attacked by the world. *Sigh* reading her posts is like riding on one big hypocritical roller coaster. Ups and downs and twists and turns that distort the truth. Maybe add in a few loops because some of the logic requires backflips. Okay maybe I'm being too mean now idk. 

@EowynW have you had any luck with pure stevia or have you tried it? I'm curious about it in baked goods. I think I've also heard of people using sugar free davinci syrup in baked goods with some success.

I gave Joyce's Wikipedia a glance....dang.  I didn't realize she was worth so much, but hey it's her fortune to spend as she chooses.  I see why Lori is pissy about it though.  This lady has a bigger house, nicer car, a plane! and still manages to send good messages to people when they need it.  I haven't been Christian in a years but even I will occasionally take in a Joyce Meyer or Joel/Victoria Osteen quote.  I was raised Catholic so I do have a smidge of side eye for their lifestyles, but again, it's their money to do with as they choose.  I spent a wee bit of financial aid money at Sephora last month so I really can't bitch :my_biggrin:  

And no Lori, no one is saying you're wrong for wanting to eat organic or for "eating food the way God intended it", we're criticizing the fact that you are obnoxiously obsessive with it.  and you can't fathom the idea that there are families who don't have access to the stores or goods you have access to.  They do the best they can with what they have.   FFS go to Carl's Jr once in a while!  We're all going to die anyway, it's far easier to just enjoy life than to constantly control something.

(take your own advice IG)

Comment 

The best explanation I have ever heard as to why women probably aren’t supposed to teach men came from a man who said that a pretty woman with a nice smile could convince a man of anything. Just think if a woman is teaching a false doctrine, whether it is known to her or she is unaware, a man is more likely to believe her because she is pretty than if a man were teaching that same doctrine. This may or may not be one of God’s reasons for it but nonetheless we are to obey God above our own understanding.

However can that be? It is women who are more easily deceived. Men are too smart to fall for a pretty face. 

9 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

@EowynW have you had any luck with pure stevia or have you tried it? I'm curious about it in baked goods. I think I've also heard of people using sugar free davinci syrup in baked goods with some success.

Yep! I use stevia in everything. I buy a pound of pyure a month from Walmart and ration it out for baked goods, sweets, and coffee. I have to stay gluten free/limited grains so it's more the texture of the cookies I can't seem to master. :-/

MR says he can taste an aftertaste with stevia but that man lives on sugar. I don't notice any aftertaste when I have it. 

15 minutes ago, EowynW said:

MR says he can taste an aftertaste with stevia but that man lives on sugar. I don't notice any aftertaste when I have it. 

I haven't noticed an aftertaste with stevia (in my limited exposure to it), but sucralose (Splenda) leaves a bad taste in my mouth that lasts 30 minutes or more after I eat it. I stick to ordinary sugar, but try to use less than I used to and have unsweetened drinks (for instance) as much as I can. I'm a work in progress, unlike the ever perfect Mrs. Alexander. :pb_rollseyes:

37 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Comment 

However can that be? It is women who are more easily deceived. Men are too smart to fall for a pretty face. 

Besides, if the pretty woman is preaching the Gospel, what is wrong with using her attractiveness to bring people closer to God?

30 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Yep! I use stevia in everything. I buy a pound of pyure a month from Walmart and ration it out for baked goods, sweets, and coffee. I have to stay gluten free/limited grains so it's more the texture of the cookies I can't seem to master. :-/

Thank you for sharing that! I have been wondering about stevia. I am on a low-carb diet and was wondering if I could add stevia to things.

I'd love to see your new cookie recipe, if it works out. You should post it.

If a pretty woman could make a man believe anything, then how come all the crazy cult leaders that I've heard of are men? Maybe 1 or 2 woman in the US. Other than that, all men. And they have men and women followers. David Koresh, Jim Jones, Charles Manson,  the Children of God guy,

logic fall again! I think this means only women should be preachers, not men! Lol

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

And in our family, I'm the more logical more linear thinker. I'm the one that will clean fish, wants to start hunting next year, and wants to one day raise my own meat. Take that, Frannie. (Though she'd say I had a man's brain, like my mom does) 

Huh. Seem Lori's god made a mistake, putting a 'man's brain' in a woman's body, not just once but twice, in the same family.  So much for his 'perfect ways'!  :pb_lol:  

If she really wants food "the way God intended it" perhaps she should go buy a couple cows to milk and chickens for eggs, and plant a big garden to grow all the stuff for those big salads. 

Honestly, if she just lives on salads, she probably COULD grow all her own food for a big portion of the year, considering where she lives. She might have to get off the computer  and get her fingers dirty once in a while, but she could easily do it with all the time she has at home.

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

<snipped because I'm only commenting on this bit:>

And no Lori, no one is saying you're wrong for wanting to eat organic or for "eating food the way God intended it", we're criticizing the fact that you are obnoxiously obsessive with it.  and you can't fathom the idea that there are families who don't have access to the stores or goods you have access to.  They do the best they can with what they have.   FFS go to Carl's Jr once in a while!  We're all going to die anyway, it's far easier to just enjoy life than to constantly control something.

Exactly. No one cares if YOU want to spend all Ken's money on organic, but don't expect your leghumpers to shell out $14 for organic butter when they have six or eight or more kids and that pound of butter will only last three days, and their husbands only make $30,000 a year.

And besides, not eating organic is NOT a sin or salvation issue, it's a personal preference issue. Not eating organic does not mean I'm going to hell (something else might send me there, but it won't be using Kroger brand all purpose flour instead of that einkorn stuff, that's for sure!).

2 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I think deep down Ken knows that working women in orthodontic offices are a huge reason why he makes a living. He also has a few female orthodontists as clients. There are listed on his business sites. He's still fucking idiot to trash working women. He keeps claiming that if many women didn't work wages for men would go up. A woman had been in contact with him via FB, pointed out that might not even happen for a few reasons. I wonder how Ken would explain his clients trying to manage their practices without working women.Many men do not work as dental or orthodontic assistants. I often wonder if Ken's clients or their staff members have come across Lori's blog and Ken's many comments.

He is scared of them finding out- it's why he about shits his pants and screams we're trying to ruin his business when we do things like saying "Ken Alexander, the orthodontics consultant from California whose business is sometimes known as Millenium Management Services and sometimes as Alexander & Sons, is a misogynist who thinks molestation/incest is normal and women in the workplace are all whores."

I witnessed the results of a woman trying to run a church. The pastor was a man but he allowed, and even encouraged, women to do a lot in the church. One Sunday the pastor gave credit to many in the church. He named names. He forgot to name this woman. She got on stage and told him off, but not royally. Her daughter got killed in a car accident and she left the church and wandered in sin for a long time. She was broken. I heard she ended in a wheelchair and I am not sure about her end. Women need protection from the public criticisms They are made differently. They need the background protection in order to have a serene spirit. Many women, these days, destroy what they need most. Thank you for being Biblical in your teachings.

This quote is down in the comments of her women preachers rant...wtf.  I can only assume this lady is inferring that the awful things that happened, did so because this woman was "trying to run a church"??  What is background protection?  Someone to catch and hide any negative things another says about their spouse or friend?  This is really bugging me.....

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

If a pretty woman could make a man believe anything, then how come all the crazy cult leaders that I've heard of are men?

Not according to Godly Lori:

Most cults have been started by women.  Fortune tellers, palm readers, astrologists, etc. are mostly all women. 

In other news, I see that Lori is on a rant against Joyce Meyer and Sarah Young again (going so far as to ask readers to throw away Sarah's book, and insisting that Joyce is in disobedience to God). 

What Lori's readers may not realize, is that at one point, Lori said the following when one of her readers questioned her about Joyce:

I have listened to her enough to know she has never spoken against Jesus but continually teaches who we are in Christ. Jesus uses all types to win people to Him so I am very careful about ever criticizing someone who preaches Jesus and Him crucified.

She continues:

she is a very good Bible teacher

I have been listening to her for years and think she is right on in most of what she teaches. 

She has multiple posts on the Always Learning blog, all speaking positively about Joyce.  

I honestly believe this all boils down to jealously with Lori.  They have what she wants- money, attention, fame, and popularity.

She is so snotty with her readers.  

Her response to one reader:

you are making up your own bible.

The reader left a very kind response (something Lori would know nothing about):

Thank yiu for your daily witness and even though we may not necessarily agree, we can agree that we have a wonderful Savior!!

Lori goes right back at her:

thank you but I want to be obedient to all of the ways of the Lord; for this is the least we can do with all He's done for us. Trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey!

Wow...how can she be so awful to the people who support her (truly horrid) ministry????

20 hours ago, EowynW said:

Oh shut the fuck up, @Ken. If I didn't work my husband would have to work two jobs just to make ends meet. He'd hurt himself, half kill himself with stress and we'd never ever see each other. Unlike your wife, I consider my husband more than a workhorse and I work to help him out, get out of the house, pat, ESSENTIAL  bills and give us $15 to get out of our deadbeat town on a date night a couple times a month. 

God is going to have severe words for you both. You people are some of the most unchristlike people I've ever encountered, and I'm a 3rd generation PK who has a lot of experience with vipers claiming to be Christians. 

I was very moved by reading this.  This is true Christianity and an authentic, loving marriage. I admire much of what you write.

Found this somewhere on FB- blocked out the people in the pic holding the sign- but this is my perspective and I’m sorry for the couples that don’t see it this way: 

13BD2133-1E14-4D47-9F16-B1AE5497F93E.png

5 hours ago, Koala said:

"I can’t think of one truly biblical famous male preacher of the Word that lives an extravagant lifestyle, can you?

Joel Osteen

TD Jakes

Charles Stanley

Joseph Prince

Kenneth Copeland

Creflo Dollar

Honestly, I don't really have a problem because many of these pastors have made most of their money with book deals etc. I don't care for Joel Osteen, but he doesn't even take a salary from his church.

We have overpaid pro athletes, celebrities and congress members,, yet it is like a sin for a pastor to be well off.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived