IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

Im closest in age to Tori Bates Im about a month older than her. Its kinda crazy to think shell be married and pregnant soon while Im still working my ass off for a college degree. But to be fair most of my cousins close to my age are married or engaged (yay mormons) so maybe were not that radically different stages of life wise

Also: is anyone else hella defrauded by Bens arms in that insta pic of him holding Spurgeon? Like damn

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

After your lame graduation party where all you did was walk across the stage, right? :pb_biggrin:

Oh yes! Joy's "epic" graduation was so much better than both my high school and college graduations combined! :tw_blush:

I don't think I share a birthday with a Duggar, but I do share one with Michael Scott, and he's the only person that really matters :pb_lol:

It's funny we're talking about this now, a girl I went to high school with (until she was Christian homeschooled and married at 19) just announced her third child (and fourth pregnancy). For reference, I'm around Jinger's age. So while I ended one serious relationship and began another this year, she's popping out babies faster than Michelle... weird how life turns out like that. She looks very happy from the Facebook photos, so I'm happy for her, it's just not how I'd want to live my life.

I guess I'm closest in age to Michelle, she's 4 years older than me, (Josiah is the closest birthday to mine, 2 days prior )1 I can't imagine having 19 children and i can't imagine having grade schoolers at my age. My kids ages are Joy (1 month younger) Jason (2 months older) I also can't imagine having almost 10 grand kids or any grand kids at this age. Seeing my kids and their kids, my son is a month younger than Joy and he is no where near ready for marriage and babies, he's got a full time job is living in his 1st place with a friend that his his, enjoying being  young and stupid. My daughter is 2 months older than Jason, she's a senior in HS and is going to college next fall, at a Big 10 University, her plan is to go to Dental School, she wants to be a dentist, something the Duggars would NEVER allow a child, especially a daughter. 

The lives my kids will have will be so much more/different than the Duggars, my kids have choices, my son will mostly likely go to college eventually, he just needs to knock that I'm a 19 year old I know it all  chip off his shoulder and pull his head out of his ass 1st.   My daughter was initially going to stay home and go to local community college, but changed her mind last year and will no go to a 4 year college 2 hours away, she's going to live in the dorms probably join a sorority, go to grad school. by the time she finishes her schooling Jason will probably be married with a couple of kids. 

I think I am closest in age to Jill. I am jealous because I really wanted to have kids by now and be either a stay at home mom or work part-time. I get so much pleasure out of cooking and cleaning and having a home, and with working full-time in a very stressful job I don't get to do it as much as I want. As for kids I'm struggling with the big infertility question and have not been preventing for 1.5 years.  My only results were a chemical pregnancy miscarriage. Damn my uterus. However, I am very blessed and have a house by woods and a stream, a cat, and a puppy. I have a loving husband I don't deserve who helps me through so much. I am able to support myself and the only debt we have is the mortgage. My life is beautiful even if it isn't what I envisioned.

13 minutes ago, Firebird said:

I think I am closest in age to Jill. I am jealous because I really wanted to have kids by now and be either a stay at home mom or work part-time. I get so much pleasure out of cooking and cleaning and having a home, and with working full-time in a very stressful job I don't get to do it as much as I want.

Is it a possibility to look for a less stressful job now even before you start having kids? I’m sure finances are a huge factor, but it may give you a more balanced life. If the fertility issues are starting to stress you out too, maybe you need to get your doctor involved. It sounds like you have a great start at adulthood! It will all work out.

I am 17 days younger than Jessa. I really relate to not being able to imagine being married with two kids! I am in a five year  courtship (lol) and living with the guy I want to marry one day, and I love that we could get married tomorrow if we wanted, but there is no pressure. We are both continuing our education and have travel plans and are hoping to move halfway across the country next year - all of which would be a lot more difficult if we had kids.

I know plenty of women my age have kids, and I am not knocking that, just feeling appreciative to make our own choices about it, whatever that choice may be.

I'm closest in age to Amy (But I don't really count her so I'll default it to Smuggar) 

I'm married, but the similarities end there, I was 29 before I was married (5 days after my birthday) and had already lived on my own away from home, finished my degree and all that stuff. I can't imagine being married for years and having 5 kids. I also couldn't imagine myself living at home 2 years ago (at Jana's age) And sharing a bed with a 6 yr old. 

That said, what sometimes scares me is I can sometimes almost find myself borderline jealous of the duggars. My family has never been close and borders on dysfunctional (my parents struggle with addiction and mental illness) so the whole big family that appears to be happy and close holds a certain appeal. 

Until I remember the terrible belief system and think about how much I love reading and sweatpants. 

I'm a few months younger then Anna and I can't imagine having 5 kids.

I cannot even imagine having one :my_biggrin: (although I am starting to warm up to the idea).

I'm the same age as Joshley.  I dated my husband for 5 years before I married him instead of the few months they rushed him and Anna together. I could not imagine having FIVE children in general, let alone right now. 

I’m a few years older than Amy, about 5 years older than Smuggar. I’ve been living in sin with my fiancé for the last ten years, and we have two children, one that’s between Mackynzie and Michael’s age and our second is a few months older than Izzy. 

I was raised in a semi-religious family, when I was a child I attended church regularly but as we grew up we drifted away and didn’t go as much. My parents always made sure we had the tools (education, support, etc) to make our own decisions and follow our dreams.  Before meeting my fiancé, I was in two serious relationships and also dated around for a bit.  I can’t imagine marrying the first person I was interested in, after only a few months of getting to “know “ them! I’ve also been working since I was 15, so that’s one more way I’m different from the Duggar girls.

Despite the fact that my fiancé and his three brothers were raised in a strict religious household, they were all allowed to make their own decisions regarding their beliefs and only one remains devoutly religious. Their parents actually follow the teachings of Christianity and love them all regardless.

Is my life any better than the Duggar’s?  Not necessarily. But I was able to grow as a person and make my own choices on how I wanted to live. I’d prefer that over growing up in their cult any day!!!

11 hours ago, Firebird said:

I think I am closest in age to Jill. I am jealous because I really wanted to have kids by now and be either a stay at home mom or work part-time.

I can relate to this. I’m six months older than Jill and absolutely desperate to be a mother. Every new pregnancy announcement has me in tears, and we’re not even trying! I can only imagine the pain if we were actively trying rather than being held back by finances.

12 hours ago, Firebird said:

I have a loving husband I don't deserve who helps me through so much. I am able to support myself and the only debt we have is the mortgage. My life is beautiful even if it isn't what I envisioned.

you deserve all the goodness in life.  Don't believe you don't !! You are worth the life. Serendipity 

18 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Good news then! You’re actually closest in age to Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar, who was born in late September 1986.

Well, that's better at least?

I'm closest in age to Mary Duggar. I'm 7 years younger. Like her, I have two kids. The similarity ends there. I have 2 grandsons, and nothing more planned. Oh well, some of us have to keep the population down. I don't want to be crammed in to Jacksonville with the rest of the world. FJers excepted.

6 hours ago, MoonFace said:

I share a birthday with Mick Jagger - but he is 8 years older than I am

That means we have the same birthday! 

On 11/6/2017 at 2:11 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

Every time Jessa has a birthday it reminds me that she's the closest Duggar to me in age, a few months younger than me. It's so weird to compare her day to day life with mine. I can't imagine already having two kids to take care of! Do any of you who are close in age to a Duggar or other fundie think about this sort of thing?

Yes! All of the time. I am one month older than Jill and I often think of how different our lives are. What really strikes me as how similar we were at one point -> over emotional, somewhat clingy, etc, but I have had the chance to mature!

Mr. Merg is Smuggar's age and they are night and day. We have not children (yet!), my guy is selfless, kind, and a little goofy, wheras smuggar is self-centered, creepy, controlling, etc.

I'm closest to Josh (well Amy, but I know nothing about her).  I'm married, but the similarities end there.  I'm a lawyer like Josh wanted to be, met my H in law school, married at 26, with 1 kid who is a year and a half.  I feel like most of my life is in front of me, and I can't help but think he must feel his life is behind him.

On a side note, I never knew it before but I share a birthday with Joshua Chamberlain, which is jus cool.  

I'm closest in age to Jimboob. I'm a heathen single parent who supports my family by working outside of the home. I cannot imagine having 19 kids and however many grandchildren.  I think know it would drive me over the edge.

My birthday is closest to Jessa's, but anyone who frequents Quiver of Politics will understand my dismay upon discovering I share my birthday with Ivanka Trump.

I must concentrate on sharing the day with Gavin Rossdale.....or John Adams, who knew?

21 hours ago, Firebird said:

I think I am closest in age to Jill. I am jealous because I really wanted to have kids by now and be either a stay at home mom or work part-time. I get so much pleasure out of cooking and cleaning and having a home, and with working full-time in a very stressful job I don't get to do it as much as I want. As for kids I'm struggling with the big infertility question and have not been preventing for 1.5 years.  My only results were a chemical pregnancy miscarriage. Damn my uterus. However, I am very blessed and have a house by woods and a stream, a cat, and a puppy. I have a loving husband I don't deserve who helps me through so much. I am able to support myself and the only debt we have is the mortgage. My life is beautiful even if it isn't what I envisioned.

I hear you. It'll happen, might just take some time and not focusing on it. Yay for a lovely house and a cat AND a puppy. :)

Not to overshare, I'm only a few years older than the creeper J and I got married with the idea that we would be having kids by now (4 year anniversary tomorrow) and I would be home full time--either partially working on my husband's side business (which hasn't really taken off) or just being a mom.
I'm still in a soul-sucking job that I can't seem to get out of. I've put in my notice twice. I've talked to an employment lawyer about things they've done/said and she told me the cost, but my husband said we couldn't afford it. We are relatively debt free as we moved to help a family member and paid off all his college debt and then said never launched business debt. I'm still better off than the D gals, because I have a college degree and dreams, but my life is not where I was promised 4 years ago... 

//end rant...

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

My birthday is closest to Jessa's, but anyone who frequents Quiver of Politics will understand my dismay upon discovering I share my birthday with Ivanka Trump.

But, but, she's one of those AWESOME women...

Okay, I just threw up a little bit. Must have been grabbed by the #($#)(... LOL #notdrinkingthatkoolaid 

Gosh it's been a while since I've been on here! I'm the same age as Joseph (he's older by a few months)  and I can't imagine being married, settled down and trying for children right now! 

I'm engaged but my Fiancé is 25, finished his degree, got a masters and working full time. I'm in my final year of my degree and want to do my masters next. We're planning on getting married in 2.5-3 years time and that's soon enough for me! I want my education and some form of job security before I get married and have the financial obligations of a house to look after! I'll probably be at least 28-30 before we start thinking about bringing children into the equation! 

I just don't understand the Duggar's. The kids and kidadults are literally born just to be numbers. Like actually their just a number to their parents when they're born, a number when they get married, a number when they give birth. It seems like such a futile existence, to be born to be a number and then continue that with your own marriage and children 

I'm reading all these post by you guys and it hits me.  I'm fucking older than dirt.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived