IGNORED

Seewalds 27: Playing not Cleaning

Coconut Flan

I'm a few months older than Jessa, I got married at 24 and had my first baby a few weeks before our first anniversary. So sometimes I think about how shockingly similar that is haha but hopefully it won't be until I'm 27 or 28 that I have another baby. I major difference though is that it was all my choice and how life worked out, I can't imagine feeling forced into it.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ladybug15 said:

My husband and I are closest in age to Kendra's parents. We have 1 year old twins, they have one kid already married. But my husband is 43 and some of his friends are already grandparents as well.

This is us too, we have an almost 9 year old and a 5 year old. I can't imagine having just married off a kiddo and being a grandparent! yipe!

My husband is 38 and I am 35. Been together 15 years. My oldest is 7 months older than Johannah and my baby is around a year younger than Michael.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

When I say that I thank God that I am not Anna Duggar, I am sure that she would look at me and thank God she is not me. That is the part that makes me scratch my head. Our worlds are just so very different.  

I feel like there should be a word for when you're both happy for someone and happy you're not that person. That's the way I feel when I hear about a lot of people my age having lots of kids. It's something they want so I'm happy for them, and I'm also glad I'm not in that position.

I aaaalmost share birthday with Jinger (I should check timelines; maybe we actually share birthday). 
Right now I'm sitting in tiny apartment, listening to neighbors (fucking thin walls) and feeling lonely and left out because friends 300 kilometers away are having fun and I am... well, here. I'm also trying to figure out how to afford a small trip to hometown once or twice a month and maybe even a therapy for anxiety (you know, luxuries of life). And despite all these things (or because of them; I chose this), I would never, ever, ever swap lives with Jinger Duggar. 

I just checked ages. I'm actually two years older than Josh. Of all the Duggars to be close in age to... (Alas, I can't find the vomiting emoticon!)

I didn't get married till I was 27 and didn't have my son till I was just barely 30. We're talking about having another, but not quite yet; we're planning for my son to be 2.5 at least before he gets a sibling. I look at the Duggars- Josh and Anna with five kids before 30, Jessa and Ben with two kids 16 months apart- and just shudder.

The only birthday that any of my family members or friends share with a Duggar is my Aunt D and she shares it with Henry. Some birthdays are close, like a day or two a part but none right on the nose except for D and Henry 

I am 2 months younger than Jana and JD, but unlike them, I live in sin with my boyfriend and we have two kitty fur babies together. I also graduated from college five years ago which makes me sad for their lot in life.

I'm exactly one year (to the day) younger than Jessa. I think about it often. How different our lives are. I'm Single, a College Student live in a city away from my parents. 

I don't share a birthday with any Duggars, but according to the New York Times, I have one of the fifteen least common birthdays.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2006/12/19/business/20leonhardt-table.html

I remember a different and better looking table from a David and Priscilla Waller thread in the past year, but my phone is acting crabby.

Michelle is about 5 years older than I am. I kind of skipped the marriage and kids season, but I am in a long term relationship.

2 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I just checked ages. I'm actually two years older than Josh. Of all the Duggars to be close in age to... (Alas, I can't find the vomiting emoticon!)

I didn't get married till I was 27 and didn't have my son till I was just barely 30. We're talking about having another, but not quite yet; we're planning for my son to be 2.5 at least before he gets a sibling. I look at the Duggars- Josh and Anna with five kids before 30, Jessa and Ben with two kids 16 months apart- and just shudder.

Good news then! You’re actually closest in age to Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar, who was born in late September 1986.

35 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

The only birthday that any of my family members or friends share with a Duggar is my Aunt D and she shares it with Henry. Some birthdays are close, like a day or two a part but none right on the nose except for D and Henry 

These are all different years from the Duggars and Bateses, but... I share a birthday with Ben Seewald and Warden Bates. Husband shares with Mackynzie Duggar. Sister shares with Kendra Duggar. My future SIL is exactly two years older than Jana and JD. One BIL shares a birthday with Josiah. My mom shares with Michael Duggar. The day I started dating husband is the day Mason was born. My parents’ share an anniversary with Judson Bates’ and Brandon Keilen’s birthdays. My dad shares his birthday with the Keilen’s anniversary. 

I think I got them all... :pb_lol:

@VelociRapture you also share a birthday with one of my brothers and birthday week with me and George Strait! I've got no overlap in my family on birthdays or anniversaries.

If anyone is curious the probability of sharing a birthday with a Duggar (including spouses and 2nd gen kids) is just under 80%. This is updated to include Kendra and Joy's blessing. 

ETA: This is using the birthday paradox method, i.e. you're all in the same room and the chance of two birthdays being the same.

The closest Duggar birthday I share with is Jim Bob's, but I like to say my birthday is a day before Lawson Bates' birthday (5 days after Jim Bob and Michelle's anniversary). I'm 5 months older than Jed and Jer and a year younger than Joy.  It's so crazy seeing her getting married and having a kid already when I've been busy freaking out over starting college. It's like seeing friends getting married right after high school graduation. 

I share a birthdate with Josie, just 45 years earlier.   I have to tell the family they have been remiss in that I have never been given a lit up crown for any occasion.

I am a couple months younger than Michelle and when I look at her life I just cannot relate. I am unmarried, have lived in sin, do not have any children yet I have taught children and adults for the past 24 years. I'm a Liberal and proud of it. I believe in Universal Health Care and Gun Controls. 

Michelle would look at my life and be equally perplexed. I think if I ever met her we could exchange social pleasantries and then smile and be at a loss of what to talk about. I like travelling, so I guess I'd ask her about some of the places she has visited and where else she'd like to go. Of the two, I think I would prefer talking to Michelle than JimBob. From the next generation, I would prefer conversing with either the Voulous or the Seewalds. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived