Coconut Flan

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nst said:

So when is Spurgeon's birthday? I forget 

does she have to remind us that her mom gave birth 19 times 

Happy Birthday Jessa - 25 nice age.....

Spurgeon's birthday is tomorrow. Also Jinger and Jeremy's first anniversary. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

does she have to remind us that her mom gave birth 19 times

19 times? They should make a show about that!

:pb_lol:

You could probably argue that giving birth to twins could be classified as giving birth two separate times, just within the space of minutes. I'm not sure how scientifically/medically accurate that would be, but I personally wouldn't find it weird.

53 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Didn’t Michelle actually give birth 17 times because of the twins? 

Michelle has had nineteen pregnancies. Of those one was an early miscarriage, seventeen were live births (two of these with twins), and one was a very late loss right on the line between miscarriage and stillbirth.

I’d personally argue that she technically gave birth twenty times - nineteen living children and Jubilee as well. She was 19 weeks along when she lost Jubilee and her body likely would have gone through some form of labor when she eventually miscarried naturally.

As for her first loss, I’m leaving that out for now. I’ve experienced an early miscarriage myself and I personally feel that the woman experiencing the loss should feel however she wants about whether she experienced labor with that loss or not. 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Didn’t Michelle actually give birth 17 times because of the twins? 

Given that you have to push twins out separately, yes. One pregnancy and one labour but two births. 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Sad thing is that Michelle and JB won't have near as personalized a message as Jessa gave to Michelle. 

But they said her name THREE times!! That's about as personalized as you can get! Notice they didn't say she has a servant's heart. :giggle:

I just want to say that the Lord laid it on my heart to vacuum the cool air return because of this thread.  Thank you, sistren and brethren.  

23 minutes ago, Petrel said:

I just want to say that the Lord laid it on my heart to vacuum the cool air return because of this thread.  Thank you, sistren and brethren.  

I just want to say that the Lord laid it on my heart to buy extra salt for the driveway....

3 hours ago, llg1234 said:
Notice they didn't say she has a servant's heart. :giggle:

I guess the form has changed from "servant's heart" to "/list of adjectives/ woman/man".

To see Jinger's message to Jessa, and then Jessa's message to her mom (on her own birthday)... and then the Duggar Family Official screed is just... wow. It actually makes me really sad for her, on this front anyways.

Jinger wrote a loving message to Jessa and I'm not gonna snark on Jessa too much for what she wrote about her mum, I think it is nice to write it and regardless of how I feel about Michelle and her flaws as a mother, she is still Jessa's mum and it was a caring thing for her to do on her birthday. Michelle and Jim Bob are getting slightly better with their messages.

11 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Michelle and Jim Bob are getting slightly better with their messages.

I wondered if Jana had written it...

Duggars' birthday message for Spurgeon's 2nd birthday:

And from the Seewalds

Spoiler

Also, Ben retweeted something pretty interesting recently...

Spoiler

On 11/4/2017 at 6:52 PM, mizandry said:

To see Jinger's message to Jessa, and then Jessa's message to her mom (on her own birthday)... and then the Duggar Family Official screed is just... wow. It actually makes me really sad for her, on this front anyways.

My dad used to call his mom on his and his two brothers's birthdays and wish her happy labor day. It was kinda sweet.

The birthday message from the Duggar's for Spurgeon was actually pretty sweet and no mention of the lord. 

The Duggars combined Spurgeon’s birthday message with JinJer’s anniversary post on Instagram:

(There are photos of Spurgeon and JinJer included in the post, I just didn’t feel like screenshotting them.)

2 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Also, Ben retweeted something pretty interesting recently...

Hide contents

Oh my lord, if Ben really retweeted that, my respect for him just leapt by 3000%. That's exactly one of my biggest problems with the GOP.

Not trying to jump back on the past thread-drift - but can anyone suggest ways to trace genealogy that are affordable (or maybe even free)

25 minutes ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

but can anyone suggest ways to trace genealogy that are affordable (or maybe even free)

now this is something I am totally into 

Every time Jessa has a birthday it reminds me that she's the closest Duggar to me in age, a few months younger than me. It's so weird to compare her day to day life with mine. I can't imagine already having two kids to take care of! Do any of you who are close in age to a Duggar or other fundie think about this sort of thing?

3 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

Not trying to jump back on the past thread-drift - but can anyone suggest ways to trace genealogy that are affordable (or maybe even free)

Start with familysearch.org. It's not always completely accurate, but it is free.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived