IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Singing a fuckedup version of a Jesus-birthday-song.

Ugh... every year at Christimastime my mother-in-law's church does this "Happy Birthday, Jesus" song (apparently it's Brooklyn Tab, whom I really like, but not this one!). It's the most cloying piece of saccharine I've ever heard. They usually have one of the kids sing it ('cause dawwww, so cute, right?) and then the whole congregation sings it which just sounds... ridiculous. I honestly squirm in embarrassment on everyone's behalf.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had already taken out my hearing aids for bed when I watched that video, so I have no clue  what was said, but I just could not take my eyes off that poor kid and her tense uncomfortable body language. She is definitely pulling away from Michelle, and almost leaning way back on JB to get further away. Her odd hand gestures were interesting too. I think twice she reacted with a kinda quick half smile at something her father said but other than that she was zoned out the whole time.

I wonder did Kendra and Joseph announced their pregnancy to the family at Jordyn's party, since her parents and sister are there too.

I think there is a good chance the families already knew about the pregnancy and that Jordyns birthday wasn’t overshadowed by that at all. I mean for her. She doesn’t read social media or the tabloids. 

It’s really sad that she seems so distant from her parents. But it’s no surprise. Considering how little she was when Josie came around she probably doesn’t know them very well. 

Was it Jenni's video that was similar (no smile, pulling away from Michelle) or was it Jordyn last year too?

That was Jordyn’s birthday video last year. It looked like a proof of life video, all she wanted to do was get away from them!

14 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Video from Jordyn's party. She looks absolutely thrilled.

She loves her Daddy - Her biological Mama:  Not so much...

13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Who are the busty blonde (with Grandma) and the dark-haired bearded guy in the black hoodie in that video?

And Poor Jordyn looks absolutely miserable.

Amy's mom - Jim-Bob's sister.

4 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

could all the Caldwells have been there? Kendra was - on Joe's lap, of course - but you can see the back of a little boy's head, and my first thought for some reason was that it was their youngest brother. The Caldwells have a bunch of kid's around Jordyn's age so they'd be a great choice to invite to her party if the Duggars thought that way.

I thought I saw Ma & Pa Caldwell as well as a couple of sisters.  Yeah, Jordyn is totally over this family already at 8 years old, hell at 7 years old.  She is NOT fond of Michelle that much is obvious.  Her and Jenni will be OUTTTA there in 9/10 years.  I don't see JTTH trips to beat obedience into them, too much money, shoot in a few years Jana will most likely be married off leaving care and keep of TTH to the lost girls with no adult supervision aside from a few howlers who give no fucks as well, because their moms had long since moved out as well.

It looks like there are more Caldwells than their are Duggar's there, where is her Sister mom?

Jordyn's birthday video makes it look like the Duggars are making a parody of themselves, especially Jichelle's ridiculous speech. 

Poor kid. #freeJordyn

I just watched the video, and while I am agnostic (maybe), I don't see anything wrong with sentiment that Michelle was TRYING to make about the thrift store purchase being Heaven sent. "We went across the street, and there was the perfect dress. God provides blah blah." She just says things in such an odd way that it fell completely flat. Not sure why the price of the dress mattered. 

I honestly don't think any of it mattered though. Poor Jordyn wanted OUT of that situation from the moment it started regardless of what Michelle did or did not say.  It just goes to show how little interest they take in their children. She clearly doesn't like or want the attention in any way shape or form. Last year's video should have been hint enough for them.  She may have been a bit happier this year with a smaller party, happy birthday song and cake. Why the formal speech? No one ever did that in my family, that's for sure. 

I've watched the video twice to try and parse it out.  To agree with above points, there are definitely more Caldwells there than Duggars.  Where's the Seewalds/ Forsyths/ Smuggars?  Jordyn didn't want the M kids there?  Isn't Jessa her sistermom?  Also, where are the Howlers?  There are clearly more people behind the camera person (who is probably one of the Howlers) but all of them?  

I will agree with all of the statements about Jordyn's body language.  I think it's mostly not wanting to be the center of attention but her mom's speech definitely does not make an impression and she clearly pulls away from her.  Also, Michelle does NOT know how to tell a story and the whole "The Lord worked a birthday miracle and gave you this pretty dress"  makes my eyes roll. I'm glad that Jordyn got her one day of the year but she clearly didn't want the details splayed out.  

That said, Happy belated Jordyn.  May the Lord work his miracles and set you free from this shit show on your 18th birthday.  May he lay it upon your heart to get an education and not pump out eleventy arrows for Christ's army and may you enjoy more freedom than your sisters due to your aging parents not giving a shit. 

1 minute ago, JMO said:

I've watched the video twice to try and parse it out.  To agree with above points, there are definitely more Caldwells there than Duggars.  Where's the Seewalds/ Forsyths/ Smuggars?  Jordyn didn't want the M kids there?  Isn't Jessa her sistermom?  Also, where are the Howlers?  There are clearly more people behind the camera person (who is probably one of the Howlers) but all of them?  

My imagination says they're all hiding for various reasons: Joy because she's sick of the speculation and bodyshaming that ensues whenever she's photographed, the Smuggars because Josh is still banned from appearing on camera half the time, depending on Jim Bob's current mood, and Anna and the kids can't appear without him or everyone will speculate about divorce, and the Seewalds because Jessa is pregnant and showing and still hiding it. I'm expecting an announcement from her any day. It's been months since anyone's seen her midsection. 

I don't even get that Jordyn loves JB all that much in the video. He's essentially holding her in place with a death grip. 

Don't get me wrong, I will tell everyone about a great deal I got ($450 Michael Kors jacket for $100? Hell yes!) but I generally consider it kind of tacky to talk about the price of a gift with the recipient within earshot. I always take the price tag off an item before wrapping it and giving it to the person. Like, it's great you got a deal Michelle, but maybe let's focus on the birthday girl, not how thrifty you are?

9 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Don't get me wrong, I will tell everyone about a great deal I got ($450 Michael Kors jacket for $100? Hell yes!) but I generally consider it kind of tacky to talk about the price of a gift with the recipient within earshot. I always take the price tag off an item before wrapping it and giving it to the person. Like, it's great you got a deal Michelle, but maybe let's focus on the birthday girl, not how thrifty you are?

How the hell else is MEchelle going to get attention if she doesn't steal it from the birthday girl or boy? This new season of life has left her attention deficit.  

35 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I feel like Michelle knew it was going to be shared and she wants people to know they still THRIFT shop... Only this time they aren't buying used and saving the difference, they are just stating the Lord provides.

I see Jordyn leaning more into JB and maybe it is the lesser of two evils (because girl is OVER it), or maybe it is because she just spent the whole day with Michelle and she's over it. Also, when Michelle leaned up at the end to touch Jordyn, it was right over her chest--which even at that age, I would have cringed over. 

So I rewatched it, and honestly I think she keeps moving away because MEEchelle keeps tapping her arm. I have an aunt who does that to this day. I'm a pretty laid back person but it can get really annoying when someone is talking and they keep touching/tapping you (in rhythm or not) while they tell an entire story. So I wonder if that was part of it...choosing to ignore the possibility that she might not be used to that much physical contact from neither of her parents simply because with that many kids, you can't tell me that everyone gets hugged enough throughout the day (without it feeling like a conveyor belt operation)

What a weird tradition. Have they always made the birthday person (or people) stand on a pedestal while the rest of the family stares at them? What is wrong with just a cake? 

I keep getting "who are you lady? why do you keep touching me?" from that video. Poor Jordyn. It looked to me like Michelle was just trying to convince the public she interacts with Jordyn, what with all that awkward patting and prodding neither seems used to. I'm no body language expert but you could tell Jordyn just wanted to get off the chair, and her parents wouldn't let her. ugh

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

the Seewalds because Jessa is pregnant and showing and still hiding it. I'm expecting an announcement from her any day. It's been months since anyone's seen her midsection. 

Derick posted a pic today with Jessa and Ben where you can see jessa’s midsection. I can’t decide if she looks pregnant or not though

24 minutes ago, flycat said:

Izzy and Spurge look like they are plotting to take off and do fun cousin things.  I just love it!

I do really like that Jill is wearing pants now!

6 hours ago, kachuu said:

I do really like that Jill is wearing pants now!

And doesn’t feel pressured to revert back around family.

Seeing Derick or Josh in a family photo just makes me cringe. It has to suck to be around either of them at family get togethers and pretend everything is normal. *barf*

Also, I just had my first baby 2 weeks ago. I can't imagine wanting to jump right back into morning sickness, constant anxiety about miscarriage, swelling so badly in my hands and feet, the low sodium diet I ended up on, the worst heart burn of my life or the unbelievably painful back labor at the end. HOW do fundie women do it?! I love and want my child more than life itself, but facing another 9 mos of pregnancy sounds overwhelming.

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Seeing Derick or Josh in a family photo just makes me cringe. It has to suck to be around either of them at family get togethers and pretend everything is normal. *barf*

Also, I just had my first baby 2 weeks ago. I can't imagine wanting to jump right back into morning sickness, constant anxiety about miscarriage, swelling so badly in my hands and feet, the low sodium diet I ended up on, the worst heart burn of my life or the unbelievably painful back labor at the end. HOW do fundie women do it?! I love and want my child more than life itself, but facing another 9 mos of pregnancy sounds overwhelming.

Don’t forget leg cramps and tiredness while dealing with spit up and a colicky baby.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived