IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 31: Dicky Duggars Do Damage

samurai_sarah

Interesting video. Making a speech like that at a birthday gathering is weird to me. It's hard for me to keep track of which lost girl is which... And I bet Michelle feels the same way. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, frugalitymom said:

And doesn’t feel pressured to revert back around family.

But she wears skirts at the TTH. At least from every video I've seen. I wonder if Jinger only wears dresses/skirts at the compound?

I had a dream last night that every married Duggar and every married bates was pregnant in 2018. I need to turn my phone off earlier in the evening!

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

But she wears skirts at the TTH. At least from every video I've seen. I wonder if Jinger only wears dresses/skirts at the compound?

That may be to keep the peace around her parents plus not influencing the younger girls or whatever manipulation bs they spew.  I think Jinger still wears skirts around the family at least Boob and Meechele.  Doesn’t Alyssa do the same thing around the Bates?

poor jordyn.  She clearly was not wanting to be near her mother.  She seemed to smile a few times towards JB and at the end she was smiling, but as soon as Michelle started to reach for her, she stopped, and pulled back more towards JB.  As much as I can't stand JB, I have always felt that he seems more connected to the kids than Michelle is.  There are brief glimpses here and there when he is not as guarded that he shows some emotion. 

On the other hand, I recall moments over the years when Michelle has let down her facade and seemed very cold.  There was one episode where she was doing some extended talking head.  I think it was an end of the season special.  It was from before Josie's birth, I believe.  There were times when her impatience with the interview was palpable and  one of the questions was if her kids would know who the Beatles were and she got icy and said they would think it was some kind of a bug, or insect. 

Another time during a TH she was asked about if courting rules were broken and again, she had kind of an icy reaction.  During the weddings she seems to have to fake acting like she really cares much about losing a daughter.  JB,'s emotions at the weddings seem pretty genuine to me, if not a bit overplayed. 

Not saying that JB is a great dad, but I just get the sense he might have a stronger bond to the kids than Michelle. 

Last years Jordyn video was also sad.  But, we have seen other footage of Jordyn seeming  very upbeat and happy. Hard to say the story.  But, no matter what I think she is not bonded with her mom,  and her parents are guilty of not realizing that she is clearly uncomfortable in the spotlight. 

I feel like Jordyn just isn't used to large amounts of attention, so that when she becomes the center of she would rather not. I mean personally I am not a huge fan of being center of a crowd so there are times when i look sad or grouchy. I feel like that might be it. That or she realizes at her young age that her parents are sausage wallets and she is quietly planning her escape in her head. Yeah I bet that's it.

Parents who know their children, care about their children and have even a tiny understanding of emotions, motives, stress, anxiety, etc, would not force their child into uncomfortable, unnecessary situations. 

This Birthday greeting was about them, not about Jordyn. 

54 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Parents who know their children, care about their children and have even a tiny understanding of emotions, motives, stress, anxiety, etc, would not force their child into uncomfortable, unnecessary situations. 

This Birthday greeting was about them, not about Jordyn. 

This. It was all about Michelle wanting to be in the spotlight. Self centered woman she is.

45 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

It didn't help that Michelle was talking to Jordyn like she was 3, not 9.

Does Michelle even have a normal speaking voice, without that annoying baby talk? 

Oh wow.  Jordyn not only doesn't connect with her mom, she seems to not like her.  Mechelle going on and on, even JB seemed to cut her off.  She likes dad but tolerates mom.  And where the F is this little girls family?  Where is Jessa and Jill and Joy?  Where is everyone?  Does no one care?  So different from the olders youth.

I have a feeling that those shoes are about the only comfortable shoes for Michelle. I know for years, Mom could only wear one brand of unattractive lace up shoes (can't remember which brand). Her "beach attire" is much more snarkable for me.

So, here is a question---genuine.  Why would a girl like the Nike one in that photo (gorgeous, by the way--where can I get legs like those?!) want a picture with a Duggar?  I mean, if she is a fan, musn't she also know that Michelle would be offended by that outfit?

It is interesting that Jim Bob actually starts to say something about Jordyn as a person (about her character) and Michelle actually cuts him off in order to tell a story that really has nothing to so with who Jordyn is.

I believe that ist really telling about what kind of relationship JB and M have with her, respectively.

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

So, here is a question---genuine.  Why would a girl like the Nike one in that photo (gorgeous, by the way--where can I get legs like those?!) want a picture with a Duggar?  I mean, if she is a fan, musn't she also know that Michelle would be offended by that outfit?

I think if I saw them, I'd consider getting a snark shot taken, especially if I was wearing clothes I knew they'd really hate! 

22 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Oh wow.  Jordyn not only doesn't connect with her mom, she seems to not like her.  Mechelle going on and on, even JB seemed to cut her off.  She likes dad but tolerates mom.  And where the F is this little girls family?  Where is Jessa and Jill and Joy?  Where is everyone?  Does no one care?  So different from the olders youth.

I’m pretty sure I saw the Dills on the couch when the camera panned over. Joe and Kendra were there too. I don’t think Benessa or JoStin were there (or they may have stayed off camera), but I don’t think that’s abnormal at this point. There are so many people in that family now that there are bound to be scheduling conflicts at some point. 

@VelociRapture.  You have such a great memory and attention to detail!  I was just reading your breakdown in the Dillard thread.  Always impressive.  For real! 

Who wears nylons to the beach?!  Ok, if you can't be barefoot for whatever reason, fine.  But nylons and sand O.o Gah!   She has nice legs, so, not hiding vericose or spider veins.  Just No! It's the beach!  Enjoy the sand between your toes. 

6 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

Not only would Michelle be offended I think she might also feel very superior on how much more 'Godly' she is in her leggings and long skirt on the beach.  Also, what is Jim Bob doing?  Did he suddenly look down at his Nikes and run away?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived