IGNORED

Kendra and Joe Duggar 6: Sitting in a tree...M.A.R.R.I.E.D!

samurai_sarah

On 1-10-2017 at 8:41 AM, Jinder Roles said:

I hope JoKen enjoys all the naked marble statues and ancient heathen temples.

Don't forget the old Greek men in tiny speedos.

At least in Rome they have some fig-leaves to cover, the Greek ones are all out there.

But Rome is of course to Catholic.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2017 at 5:05 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

19 Obnoxious Tweets and Counting (JillDer)

I think they are already WAY past 19!

Weren't Benessa in Rome (in addition to Paris)? I don't think Joe and Kendra will go anywhere NEAR a beach, so no men in tiny speedos for them. I wonder what they even enjoy doing on their big international honeymoons. They can hardly appreciate all the incredible history Greece has to offer, the Duggars at least have been shown not to enjoy food that's not TTC or chicken fried steak or peperoni pizza (don't know about Kendra), and they won't go to the incredible beaches because naked heathens. I guess they can go hiking (which is really lovely in Greece) and visit some bible sights like someone suggested. Doesn't sound worth it to me.

I went to Greece over the summer on a Footsteps of St. Paul pilgrimage. We went to many of the sites mentioned in Paul's letters. It was one of the most amazing trips we have ever taken and I would love to go back again.

I've never been to Greece. I need TLC to pay me to go on vacation. :my_sick:

They’re going to Santorini so there will definitely be some kind of Nike k going on lol .... I really hope they get their reactions to it!!

1 hour ago, season of life said:

I've never been to Greece. I need TLC to pay me to go on vacation. :my_sick:

I hear John-David Duggar's still single...

On 10/1/2017 at 9:23 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Joy and Austin had a real mega-honeymoon: first Colorado, then Switzerland, AND then Israel. Or did they come back home before Israel? Anyway, must be nice to not have to go to work and pay everything yourself. No, I'm not bitter or anything, absolutely not...

We couldn't afford a honeymoon. Had our wedding party on a Saturday and back to work that Monday. Wish somebody would have paid for our wedding and sent us to Alaska or something. Now Joeken are jetting off to Europe well isn't that special.  The damn quote in People made me shudder. She is super excited because she can hug and kiss Joe AND gets to be with him all the time.  All the time? Oh Lordy.. creepy clingy.

Speaking of clingy, did TLC film Velcro Jill when she flipped out when Derick worked at Walmart?

My least favorite wedding trend is "registering" for a honeymoon. I had a HS friend get married a year ago and she "registered" for a weeklong trip to Mexico with her husband. To add insult to injury, her wedding was not that nice (they ran out of food, there was no air-conditioning in the middle of July). And for those of us who flew from out of town, we spent an average of $500 to attend a stiflingly hot wedding at which we got no cake and were limited to two tacos/person. In my opinion, if you really want a honeymoon but your budget is low, get married at a courthouse and enjoy your trip. I just think it's tacky to ask people to pay for your sex vacation. 

I don't see any issue with registering for a honeymoon, especially these days when most people who get married have been living together (or at least living on their own) for years and have most of the household necessities. What difference does it make to me whether I buy someone a new crock pot or chip in for them to go to Hawaii for a week?

8 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't see any issue with registering for a honeymoon, especially these days when most people who get married have been living together (or at least living on their own) for years and have most of the household necessities. What difference does it make to me whether I buy someone a new crock pot or chip in for them to go to Hawaii for a week?

We’ve discussed this with other weddings-

but I figure they should register for whatever they want. Guests can always choose NOT to purchase or contribute towards something.

so I agree with you here- register for what you want/need and let others get (or not get) what they choose.

personally I always get people the same gift regardless of their registry. It’s sort of our family standard gift.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Registering for a honeymoon sounds like a great idea, tbh. Bf & I have been living together for 3 years, so we already have our crockpot. Honestly I'd feel weird asking my friends for any type of gift, let alone housewares (though most of us recently graduated and have no money anyway, lol). 

& how is a honeymoon a sex vacation?? Maybe that's what it was 50 years ago, but I can't imagine marrying someone I wasn't already living with & frequently sexing :my_rolleyes: Plus if tlc is breaking out the big bucks for me to go to another continent, I'm not wasting much time in the bedroom 

23 hours ago, TatertotAsserole said:

My least favorite wedding trend is "registering" for a honeymoon. I had a HS friend get married a year ago and she "registered" for a weeklong trip to Mexico with her husband. To add insult to injury, her wedding was not that nice (they ran out of food, there was no air-conditioning in the middle of July). And for those of us who flew from out of town, we spent an average of $500 to attend a stiflingly hot wedding at which we got no cake and were limited to two tacos/person. In my opinion, if you really want a honeymoon but your budget is low, get married at a courthouse and enjoy your trip. I just think it's tacky to ask people to pay for your sex vacation. 

Why not? We live in country A, got married in country B, have immediate family in countries B, C and D, and we had friends/relatives flying in from all over the world for our wedding. Impossible/impractical to carry stuff across countries back and forth, and a major hassle buying/shipping stuff internationally, especially from some countries. Plus we had already been living on our own for several years, and, if anything, we had to downsize and get rid of stuff because we had two (or three) of everything!

A lot of people asked about registries and insisted on sending a gift, so we told people that they should not feel obligated and their presence was already a gift (as said, many people paid a lot of travel money just to be there and celebrate with us!), but, for those who asked, they could contribute directly to our favorite charities or our honeymoon fund. Some folks still gave us heavy/fragile/random stuff, and we thanked them of course, but honestly, all they are embellishing is my poor parents' storage room. 

P.S. We had very little sex on our honeymoon, which was a roadtrip with very active hiking/sightseeing schedule, and plenty of food and wine - most nights we were just happy and exhausted, and just collapsed into bed. We had plenty before and after though, LOL!

I'm very envious of their trip to Greece. It's currently my #1 "If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?" for various reasons. I am especially jealous to hear they are visiting Santorini.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:02 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

Registering for a honeymoon sounds like a great idea, tbh. Bf & I have been living together for 3 years, so we already have our crockpot. Honestly I'd feel weird asking my friends for any type of gift, let alone housewares (though most of us recently graduated and have no money anyway, lol). 

It does seem like a good idea if the couple's been living together for a while. In the case @TatertotAsserole describes, though, it sounds like the couple was just cheap.

On 10/2/2017 at 11:02 PM, brusselsgriffon said:

& how is a honeymoon a sex vacation?? Maybe that's what it was 50 years ago, but I can't imagine marrying someone I wasn't already living with & frequently sexing :my_rolleyes: Plus if tlc is breaking out the big bucks for me to go to another continent, I'm not wasting much time in the bedroom 

Hubs and I lived together for 4 years before getting married - we had a home and everything in it already!  We had a small wedding and no honeymoon - we couldn't swing it financially at the time.  I gotta be honest - I'm kinda jelly that a "honeymoon registry" wasn't a thing back when we got married.  I totally would have done it.  Needless to say, nearly two decades later and we still never took that honeymoon we put off all those years ago...

I had a wedding with a honeymoon registery last summer and I actually really liked it.

Normally people would give only money for a wedding here so this way we felt more like we gave something specific. Especially since we also went to that destination so we could add some reccommendations as well.

And in the end it is just the same as giving money since they would otherwise spend their money on the honeymoon and refill their account with the gifts.

I went to a wedding where the couple also already had everything. They set up a really cute honeymoon registry, with things like:

Walking tour of Athens:  $35

Appetizers at BlahBlah Restaurant:  $20

Glass of wine on the beach:  $10

Admission to Awesome Museum:  $50

Dinner and drinks on our last night in Greece:  $100

etc. Was clever. :)

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I went to a wedding where the couple also already had everything. They set up a really cute honeymoon registry, with things like:

Walking tour of Athens:  $35

Appetizers at BlahBlah Restaurant:  $20

Glass of wine on the beach:  $10

Admission to Awesome Museum:  $50

Dinner and drinks on our last night in Greece:  $100

etc. Was clever. :)

I wouldn't do that, because I don't want to feel obligated to actually go and do whatever it is people "purchased." Also my family is weird. 

I would, however, do a "general fund" type thing instead of a specific registry. My family is so across the board in terms of wealth that I can't register anywhere without complaints "so and so would never shop at (shitty chain store)" (And I wouldn't want anything from there anyway) but then you get "ugh, who can afford (upscale store)" and "oh, god, we haven't seen her in 10 years and she kind of sucks anyway, let's just get some monogrammed towels and put them in a flat rate box." Please, no towels. Or housewears. And NO kitchen stuff, I hate useless gadgets and my mom keeps buying them for me. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I wouldn't do that, because I don't want to feel obligated to actually go and do whatever it is people "purchased."

Makes sense. This couple, though - super good-looking, super successful careers, etc. They're so organized and creative that they actually custom-made their thank-you cards for each of these gifts. You bought them an appetizer at a restaurant? You got a thank-you note that had a photo of them at said restaurant. Glass of wine on the beach? Yep - photo of them with wine on the beach. It was amazing.

55 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Makes sense. This couple, though - super good-looking, super successful careers, etc. They're so organized and creative that they actually custom-made their thank-you cards for each of these gifts. You bought them an appetizer at a restaurant? You got a thank-you note that had a photo of them at said restaurant. Glass of wine on the beach? Yep - photo of them with wine on the beach. It was amazing.

Wow...they have WAY to much time on their hands!

15 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

I'm very envious of their trip to Greece. It's currently my #1 "If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?" for various reasons. I am especially jealous to hear they are visiting Santorini.

I'd give my right arm for a chance to go to Romania!

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

So being super good-looking & "super successful" means that they can't be spontaneous? Or are you saying that I'm not "super good looking" or "super successful" and therefore I couldn't make custom thank-you cards? 

I just think it wouldn't work for me, but I'm not sure what being super successful and super good-looking has to do with anything. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived