IGNORED

Maxwell 12: Eleven years of blogging, still got nothing to say

samurai_sarah

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, DooDahDame said:

Someone asked if she would post about creative writing, please Rufus no. 

I am quite sure that she would be at a loss for words, blessedly.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:18 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm just now noticing the creepy obsession with perfectly coiffed children. It's fundie how so many fundies have this weird obsession with looking perfect to the outside world.

I've always noticed that in some fundie families. Like for church and family pictures and stuff, every male is in a suit, even the 1-year-old. I myself don't understand spending money on a suit for a toddler. Even if I had enough money to do that, I wouldn't. And I think Jesus would tell these fundies they should be giving that money to the needy or something. How many times did he tell people to give up everything they had to follow him? People like Stacy McDonald have said that Christians are representatives of the King and so should dress like a representative of a king would dress, but I think that's kind of an excuse to spend time and money on fancy clothes, makeup and hairdos. I wonder if looking perfect is part of the control issues that can come with being a fundie.

Here's a post from Easter with a picture of 9-month-old Daniel Maxwell in a suit (and Anna Marie is actually not wearing a jumper):

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/04/20/sunday-recap/

4 hours ago, Corntree said:

I've always noticed that in some fundie families. Like for church and family pictures and stuff, every male is in a suit, even the 1-year-old. I myself don't understand spending money on a suit for a toddler. Even if I had enough money to do that, I wouldn't. And I think Jesus would tell these fundies they should be giving that money to the needy or something. How many times did he tell people to give up everything they had to follow him? People like Stacy McDonald have said that Christians are representatives of the King and so should dress like a representative of a king would dress, but I think that's kind of an excuse to spend time and money on fancy clothes, makeup and hairdos. I wonder if looking perfect is part of the control issues that can come with being a fundie.

Here's a post from Easter with a picture of 9-month-old Daniel Maxwell in a suit (and Anna Marie is actually not wearing a jumper):

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/04/20/sunday-recap/

It's nice when a family gets all dressed up for Easter or Christmas or for family photos. But a suit on a baby is rather excessive. A cute, somewhat dressy romper would suffice. Even for boy Joshua's age, a button-down shirt with a matching tie looks fine; he doesn't need the jacket. 

omg we speculated right! December 30th!

IMG_4890.PNG

And I'm guessing John did go with the three maxwell sisters to the homeschool family conference at the Bontragers. I didn't see a picture of John or chelsey in their whole series of pics. Probably because they were all snuggled up close and obviously dating. 

We said Chelsey would be approved by Steve because of her hard work ethic but she's been working! How shocking. Steve must've been beside himself when she was running the family inn. Thankfully her brother took it over. Poor chelsey has to live by the maxwells. I hope they visit the Bontragers often. John better be working hard on that house. 

Chelsey also posted on her blog that she's getting married to her best friend and the love of her life. The families have known each other a long time. I wonder how long they've been dating. 

The Bontragers family Instagram also has a post. 

Haha! Steve would prefer to keep it all secret on the maxwell blog but the Bontragers share everything!

I bet the wedding will be at the Bontrager's church. And the Bontragers will do most of the wedding planning. The Maxwell girls will probably be bridesmaids along with the other Bontrager sisters. And I bet Jesse will be the best man and at least Mitchell will be a groomsman since John was an Usher in his wedding. 

Damnnnn, at least she got the hot Maxwell:pb_lol: good luck with those in-laws Chelsey.

Wow. And with every brother engaged, the light grows dimmer for Sarah. 

Makes me wonder why they released the news before the nuptials. Steve must think John has this one in the bag. 

5 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Damnnnn, at least she got the hot Maxwell:pb_lol: good luck with those in-laws Chelsey.

They will have cute kids I'm sure. Did we say his house is 0.7 miles from the Maxwell home? At least it's not right next door....

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Too bad Jesse isn't ready for marriage. He hasn't bought a house or anything! We could have had a double Bontrager Maxwell wedding with Jesse marrying Allison ;) 

ETA: I believe Chelsey and John are 26 and Allison and Jesse are 23 so their ages match up. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They will have cute kids I'm sure. Did we say his house is 0.7 miles from the Maxwell home? At least it's not right next door....

Betcha they'll cry because John is moving sooooo far away.

The thought of the Maxwell's as in-laws makes me shudder but she obviously knows the weirdness she's marrying in to.

Imagining Teri as my mother in law is the stuff of nightmares.

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Is Jesse engaged too?

1 minute ago, EmainMacha said:

The thought of the Maxwell's as in-laws makes me shudder but she obviously knows the weirdness she's marrying in to.

Maybe she told John to buy a house more than 0.5 miles away. I hope she's good at setting boundaries. Elyssa and Joe seem to be less enmeshed. Maybe Chelsey and John we follow their lead.

3 minutes ago, EmainMacha said:

Now imagine Steveovah as your in law and shudder :pb_lol:

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is Jesse engaged too?

No, but I put he and Allison together in my head. But there's no sign they are dating. I bet Steve won't let him take that step until he has enough money to buy a house. And I doubt he will have that kind of money for awhile. 

Haha!  Sorry Steve you can't keep secrets.

I hope Stud John moves to Iowa.

Looks like it was not a no touch engagement the way they are standing next to each other.

Wheeeee !!!!!!!!11111111eleventy!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something interesting finally happened in Maxwell land!  And the Bontragers will give us all the details!  Good call, @JermajestyDuggar.  I think you were the first one to bring Allison Chelsy and John up as a possibility.  

Perhaps John will sell his house to Jesse and get the hell out of Maxhell.  In my dreams.

Another one marrying into the Maxhell borg.  Normally I like to be glad for the couple but in this case, I wonder if Chelsea has any idea of the crazy she's marrying into.   Maybe she will do OK as Elissa seems to have done.  One can only hope for her sake.

Don't the Bontragers have *fun*?!!!!!!!!!

I bet Steve is grinding his teeth with frustration that he can't control the flow of information. 

They seem awful cosy, this is clearly not a no touch courtship! 

John is the hottest of the Maxwell sons, but I pity anyone marrying into that family. Steve and Terri are soul crushers. 

2 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Another one marrying into the Maxhell borg.  Normally I like to be glad for the couple but in this case, I wonder if Chelsea has any idea of the crazy she's marrying into.   Maybe she will do OK as Elissa seems to have done.  One can only hope for her sake.

They've known eachother for years so I think she has a good idea. She must be confident in John's ability to set some boundaries. Here's a pic of them very close ;)

IMG_4891.PNG

Crickets from the Maxwells so far on the engagement.  However, Melanie's special post is up as it was on the schedule.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived