IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

I keep hoping Joy's baby comes early and is huge.  But, heck, Winston Churchill was a huge premie and he turned out just fine. It happens in the best of families. How funny if Joy really was knocked up before she reached the altar. 

I had no idea that Austin's World's Strictest Dad was married before. Widowed or .....  d-i-v-o-r-c-e-d? I'd love to hear that justification!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not likely widowed, Rachel Forsyth Tunstill has posted/been seen in pics with a woman believed to be her mother. 

These tabloid rumors are so weird. How do we know they didn't randomly find out who Brandon Forsyth is and invent a familial connection with Austin? Granted the guy *was* in Texarkana and I believe that's where in TX the Forsyths were before moving to AR....but it's still total crap. sigh.

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

-Joy and Austin did not move their wedding date. The October date was her birthday and it was being used as a placeholder date. They said so when they created the registry. The Duggars generally give fake dates or no dates nowadays to throw the paparazzi/public off the scent. Joy's wedding was not scheduled for October. We have no reason at all to believe it was moved up or rushed, Duggar engagements are generally between 2 to 5 months long.

-For God's sake, do not believe an anonymous source quoted in a tabloid. Even if this person does exist and is connected somehow with the family, how do you know they're not full of shit? Or how do you know some random troll saying, "lol I'm Austin's second cousin and here's what's going down" didn't email the tabloid, and the tabloid just never bothered to confirm their identity? Or that the tabloid didn't just make this 'source' up completely? It's clickbait. Their goal isn't to report the truth, it's just to titillate you enough to get you to click through to their website.

I agree with you about the half-brother article being inappropriate. He didn't ask for this and it sounds like a mental health issue.

However, I feel the Joy/Austen premarital speculation is fair game. They've chosen to be in the spotlight and have made their belief system extremely public while shaming others who don't live up to their standards.

Normally, the short engagement time would not be suspicious but there are a couple things that make this different. Joy is younger than any of the other girls when they got married and it would make sense to want to wait until she turned 20. Jessa and Ben were forced to wait and made jokes about eloping.

But what really makes me suspicious was the scene when Austen asks JB for permission and JB specifically asks about a short or long engagement. When Austen says "short" he replies with something about how it's "safe and wise." That was weird to me on a lot of levels. Why ask that on camera? It felt forced or as if they specifically wanted to make it seem like they intentionally planned on a short courtship and that it was JB's idea. Also, saying how this was "wise"? Why JB? It implies that he felt their was some risk/concern about premarital hanky panky.

Jessa and Ben took forever to get married and Ben was living there. Granted he didn't have any marketable skills or job prospects, but why wasn't he more concerned about the timing of Jessa's engagement? It's this weird comment by JB coupled with the rumors that existed before the marriage and the sizeable baby bump that make this is speculation somewhat believable, despite being unlikely.

15 minutes ago, Snarkle Motion said:

But what really makes me suspicious was the scene when Austen asks JB for permission and JB specifically asks about a short or long engagement. When Austen says "short" he replies with something about how it's "safe and wise." That was weird to me on a lot of levels. Why ask that on camera? It felt forced or as if they specifically wanted to make it seem like they intentionally planned on a short courtship and that it was JB's idea. Also, saying how this was "wise"? Why JB? It implies that he felt their was some risk/concern about premarital hanky panky.

I think the "safe and wise" is because they always think there is a risk of hanky panky. That's why they have courtships and chaperones. Their engagement wasn't very short compared to the other siblings:

• J&A 13 weeks 3 days
  • J&D 12 weeks
  • J&B 11 weeks 2 days
  • J&J 14 weeks 5 days
  • JA&A 12 weeks 1 day
  • J&K 14 weeks 6 days and counting

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I keep hoping Joy's baby comes early and is huge.  But, heck, Winston Churchill was a huge premie and he turned out just fine. It happens in the best of families. How funny if Joy really was knocked up before she reached the altar. 

I know you were trying to be funny, but as the mother of a late-term preemie (who was on the bigger side) I would never wish that on anyone. Even a Duggar. There are so many issues that are related to premature birth. We are so fortunate our daughter seems to be doing ok, but many families aren't so lucky. 

@Snarkle Motion I'm having trouble quoting you on mobile, so just a few points:

-What makes sense to us in the secular world is not necessarily what makes sense to the Duggars. Why would they feel it would 'make more sense' to wait until Joy was 20? Young marriage to them is a very positive thing and something to celebrate. Michelle was only 17 when she got married and she's never indicated that she regrets marrying in her teens. If they'd had an issue with Joy's age they would have put off allowing her to court. Remember, these young women only enter relationships when their father allows it.

-Like you mentioned later in your post, Jessa and Ben had to wait because Ben, as the man, had to be able to support her. That's totally irrelevant to Joy as a woman, because Austin is her provider. Austin is older and has proven that he can support a wife, so they'd have no reason to wait.

-They always talk about short engagements being safe and wise. Seriously, they love to harp on that. Go back and watch some of the other courtships/engagements/interviews. It's not at all unique to Joy and Austin's relationship.

20 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Young marriage to them is a very positive thing and something to celebrate. Michelle was only 17 when she got married and she's never indicated that she regrets marrying in her teens. If they'd had an issue with Joy's age they would have put off allowing her to court. Remember, these young women only enter relationships when their father allows it.

You have to admit that the elder Duggars do play both sides of the field though. Yes, they married young, but they also went school, dated, kissed, had private moments pre- marriage, used birth control for 3 years before they had children, worked, attained RE licensing...so J/M don't get to cherry pick which aspects of their lives that they want their kids to follow because it worked out for them, vs not. And no, I don't think A/J did the deed before the ring was on the finger.

59 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I know you were trying to be funny, but as the mother of a late-term preemie (who was on the bigger side) I would never wish that on anyone. Even a Duggar. There are so many issues that are related to premature birth. We are so fortunate our daughter seems to be doing ok, but many families aren't so lucky. 

I'm pretty sure that's a joke. "Huge preemie" = baby conceived before marriage, as was probably the case for Churchill. He was born at a party because his mother couldn't admit she was full term.

Wouldn't Joy have appeared totally guilt ridden if she had had sex before marriage? I just don't see a Duggar kid being able to act blase about pre-marital sex. They are just too indoctrinated into their purity culture.

28 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I'm pretty sure that's a joke. "Huge preemie" = baby conceived before marriage, as was probably the case for Churchill. He was born at a party because his mother couldn't admit she was full term.

Gotcha! If that's the case I'll just mentally add quotation marks around "huge preemie" and "comes early." :pb_lol:

Yes Joy had a huge belly, but I would think twins before shotgun wedding. I wonder if she has had a scan to find out if she's having multiples. The newest photo shows that her belly is past her navel, which is meant to happen at 20ish weeks. She is short, so perhaps that's a factor. 

13 minutes ago, adidas said:

Yes Joy had a huge belly, but I would think twins before shotgun wedding. I wonder if she has had a scan to find out if she's having multiples. The newest photo shows that her belly is past her navel, which is meant to happen at 20ish weeks. She is short, so perhaps that's a factor. 

where is this newest photo?

7 minutes ago, adidas said:

Ignore the story, scroll down to the navy tshirt bump pic. She posted it yesterday. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2017/09/joy-anna-duggar-baby-bump-pic-fuels-shotgun-wedding-rumors/amp/

Thank you! she is quite big, but not very unusual, if she hasn't had an ultrasound, yet , could it be twins?

I'm a bit in a hurry now and not reading all back, so if this was discussed already, I'm sorry for bringing it up again:

Pregnancy weeks are calculated by the first day of your last menstruation, right?
If that is the case and she got married on May 26, and immediately got pregnant on her wedding night, the first day of her last period could have been May 12.
Wouldn't that mean that she is now in her 18th week of pregnancy (19 weeks pregnant)?
Babys due date would then be mid February.

11 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

Thank you! she is quite big, but not very unusual, if she hasn't had an ultrasound, yet , could it be twins?

I think it's up in the air at this stage. Just imo of course ... and total speculation.

On one hand - if she announced her pregnancy at 12 weeks it's a much bigger belly than usual so I would think twins. 

On the other hand, lots of people wait for the 12 week scan to show that all is well before they announce, which would mean that she would know if it was twins. And the announcement said 'eating for two' which implies one baby.

We'll find out eventually I guess. Again just imo but I think twins are more likely than shotgun.

Or maybe she just has a big belly because she ate an enormous burger and pushed her bump out for the photo.

8 minutes ago, Joyleaf said:

I'm a bit in a hurry now and not reading all back, so if this was discussed already, I'm sorry for bringing it up again:

Pregnancy weeks are calculated by the first day of your last menstruation, right?
If that is the case and she got married on May 26, and immediately got pregnant on her wedding night, the first day of her last period could have been May 12.
Wouldn't that mean that she is now in her 18th week of pregnancy (19 weeks pregnant)?
Babys due date would then be mid February.

According to this website if she conceived on her wedding night, she would be 17 weeks and 0 days pregnant (using lmp of May 12).

https://menstrual-cycle-calculator.com/how-many-weeks-pregnant-am-i-pregnancy-calculator/

I think Joy is just really excited about and proud of her pregnancy, as it happened so soon in her marriage. She probably feels very blessed, as to her and her family children are a blessing from God. That may be the reason she perhaps pushed out her belly more for the pictures, or decided to take a pic after a big meal to make her bump look bigger, or maybe she is just experiencing bloating. I think following their logic, you cannot really do anything to increase the odds of getting pregnant, because it's all in God's hands. If God wants you to have umpteen children you will, and if not you won't, nothing you can do about it. 

I wonder how Joy feels about all the speculation about her engaging in premarital sex. I hope it doesn't stifle her enjoyment of her pregnancy. Although I definitely do not agree with their views, I do wish Joy happiness.

50 minutes ago, adidas said:

Or maybe she just has a big belly because she ate an enormous burger and pushed her bump out for the photo.

I still vote burrito. I really do look like that if I eat chipotle and I am very small, petite and have never been pregnant. Also these women love to stick their bellies and arch their backs trying to make themselves look as pregnant as possible. It really is ridiculous but that's what Joy has seen her entire life.

On 6.9.2017 at 6:33 PM, Coconut Flan said:

I usually don't have full faith in IMDB heights, but isn't Jill taller than Jessa?

That was my impression too. I actually thought Jill was the tallest of the girls!

My mother grew up in Colombia and knew a lot of very strict Catholics. She told me once that it was usually the most pious and holier-than-thou of all that were the ones having 10lb "premature" babies 6 months after their weddings (which always seemed to be held just a few weeks after the engagement announcement) or were ~45 years old having a healthy baby even though their youngest kid was already 10.....and they barely showed and coincidentally, their teenage daughter who loved short skirts and tight dresses went through a 'phase' for a few months wearing baggy clothes or just happened to go live with her grandma/aunt in Bogotá or Cali or Cartagena or Barranquilla for a year (or never came back). Or sadly, she knew a couple of girls from very strict families who died or suffered terrible complications having back alley abortions to try and conceal the fact they'd had premarital sex from their strict families. 

I'm not saying this definitely happened, but I could easily believe that two people who are very conservative Christians fall into the trap of being 'young and horny', having sex before marriage despite being raised in 'purity culture' and then when confessing to their super conservative parents, being told 'it's alright, we'll just move the wedding up so it's before you're showing and then you'll just have a premature baby. Again, not saying this is for sure, but I would easily believe someone like Kim Jong Boob would lie both to protect his brand and to protect his still teenage daughter. 

I vote twins. If for the sake of the argument we say that Michelle has the hyperovulation gene, Joy might well have inherited that. 

I don't believe they would have been left alone long enough to dtd. 

I've said this before, but look at how she's arching her back in that photo!  We said the same about Jill Rodrigues' recent "my huge bump" picture - Fundies deliberately do everything they can to make their bumps look as large as possible, from arching backs, pushing out bellies, angles, hand on her lower back to help her push out more, getting the most contrasting background possible etc etc.

And if Joy HAD had pre-marital sex (which I doubt), she wouldn't be doing all this flaunting, would she?  It would be baggy clothes, hunching over to try to make the bump look smaller etc etc.  It just doesn't make logical sense that she's showing off how big she was, if she knew she had something to hide that was HUGE in her world - that she'd sinned so badly, and her child was a product of that sin.

As I've said before, Fundies fetishise pregnancy, and want to seem pregnant for as long as possible, and to be huge from Day 1.  There are so many reasons for this:  a honeymoon baby is a badge of honour; it plays into their pro-life beliefs that pregnancy is "a baby" from the moment sperm meets egg; the girls have been taught all their life that this is their only value.

And we saw it with Jessa too.  We all commented how in the first one she was really pushing it out, but with Henry, she was much more relaxed and 'normal' about it, especially when she put up photos side-by-side of her 2 pregnancies at X weeks along.

I have always felt sorry for the Duggar daughters, because their whole lives have been trammeled so much, and their choices restricted in ways I just can't imagine - and now Joy is being called a huge sinner and a hypocrite, just because of the way her body responds to pregnancy. 

4 hours ago, adidas said:

If you compare Joy and Jana who are pretty close in hwight you will see that Joy has a much shorter torso than Jana so she will show out very fast as well as not being as slim as her sisters she carries a lot more chest as well whcih she has always tried to hide

I was walking one of my regular clients yesterday. I saw someone I know walking with someone else. The other person she was walking with looked like she was ready to burst. I honestly though she was having twins. Maybe Joy is. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived