IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

IMDB states the height of Jessa and Jill, I don't know about the others but from pictures Joy looks shorter.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2280248/

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2285408/

I usually don't have full faith in IMDB heights, but isn't Jill taller than Jessa?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I usually don't have full faith in IMDB heights, but isn't Jill taller than Jessa?

They also got the trivia wrong. Jill was not Michelle's biggest baby.

They probably didn't have premarital sex - BUT the one possible upside if they did, would be that maybe they don't completely buy into the cult and, maybe after this baby they might use contraception.... wishful thinking...

But it makes me sad to think that Joy might have a million children by the time she is 30.

Extra wishful thinking would be that Austin really is a rebel and knows what he is supposed to say, but will slowly drift away from cult-ish beliefs quietly.

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I keep reminding myself I had an 8lb preemie.  My son was born at 36 weeks 0days  and was 8lbs 20 inches.  I make big babies.  My daughter was 10 days early and was 9lbs 2oz, both would have been 10lbs or more had I gone to 40 weeks with both of them.  

Lol we have very similar stories!  My son was born at 36 weeks exactly and was 7 lbs 7 oz.  My daughter came 10 days early and was 10 lbs 2 oz.  I was so grateful she came early-I still ended up with a c section, my pelvis was like uhhh hell no. 

Whenever people post that there's just no way these brainwashed kids could break their beliefs to get some, I always think about the women's clinic abortion providers who have said that there were virulent protestors who have gone in for medical treatment then continued on harassing other women to prevent them from receiving services. I think the mental gymnastics required to arrive at "the only moral abortion is my abortion" is probably more difficult than those required to have sex with someone who's been touted as your soulmate that God picked out just for you and you've been saving yourself for since birth. 

That being said, I have no opinion on if any of the kids broke rules before marriage. I hope they did, because sex is fun and healthy and you should know if the person you marry is sexually compatible with you... but it's fundieland so I think they're all going to end up vaguely dissatisfied with life as a best outcome. 

2 hours ago, CinnaJen said:

Lol we have very similar stories!  My son was born at 36 weeks exactly and was 7 lbs 7 oz.  My daughter came 10 days early and was 10 lbs 2 oz.  I was so grateful she came early-I still ended up with a c section, my pelvis was like uhhh hell no. 

While my 42 weeks 6 days kiddo was 7-0

So weird.

19 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

I'm still highly skeptical that they had premarital sex, mostly because of the public scrutiny and threat to their brand, but I would not rule it out. I'm not sure why so many people assume their religious beliefs somehow make this an impossibility? The Duggars and other fundies have been shown to be hypocrites time and time again so really it wouldn't surprise me.

Great Post.  You said exactly my thoughts on this, which is basically, where there is a will, there is a way.  Not saying this is true for Joy of course, but I think at some point in time if a Duggar kid wants to have sex, they will find a way to make that happen.    People keep saying that  we  should know this couldn't happen because of what we have seen on the show, etc.  Yet, we also know there is a lot of stuff on the show, that is just absolute bullshit.  As little attention that JB and M actually pay to their children,  I find it entirely possible, even though it may be unlikely, that they could sneak off and get busy.  That house is a chaotic, loud, and undersupervised mess. 

I imagine those kids have found ways to break rules.  I mean, we know Josh certainly did, so why would we think none of the others have broken rules? 

Honestly,  an oops baby wouldn't be the worst for their brand.  It would reinforce their whole Pro- Life narrative.  And, I think it would go one of two ways.  They would avoid it, never address it or deny it vehemently,  or they will go full on and publicize it with a redemption story and reinforce their anti-abortion, anti-birth control message.  It is probably far more of a sin in their mind, to use birth control than it is to have premarital sex. 

As I said before, my biggest fear is that whether this is true or not,  all the speculation in the tabloids could end up making courtship rules even more stringent for future couples.  That would be so very unfortunate.  JB and M will never have the insight that their extremely rigid and restrictive views and rules, actually contribute to acting out, rule breaking, stress and creation of sexual deviancy as was evident with Josh. 

By the way,  where is that bump picture that just shows her tummy in a darker colored shirt?  I didn't see it on her instagram. 

9 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I'm going to name my kid Dog because it's God spelled backwards. 

My name is Dog and I approve of this idea :my_tongue:

I fear the Duggars and Co are comfortable sitting at home shaking their heads about how stupid those magazines and their readers are, as they clearly don't understand how to count pregnancy and how different the bump can look. This must be so nice for them and I don't like them to rightfully feel "superior". That's just strengthening their take on the bad bad heathen world full of liars.

My collective thoughts;

Navaeh is a bit weird, but its 20 times better than Heistheway, which I still dont know how to pronounce.

Why is Joys bump picture in an RV? 

Also,did anyone ever find out if Austins sister had her baby at the hospital?

43 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Heistheway, which I still dont know how to pronounce.

It's pronounced Hi-stha-way.

8 hours ago, CinnaJen said:

blows peoples minds. Did you have gestational diabetes? I did not. A woman I went to high school with had a baby 2 days before me, we kept meeting at well child checks. Her son was almost 9 lbs 10 oz at 36 weeks. He also had a hormone growth problem, he started puberty at 6, armpit hair beard pubic hair, all that They had to give him I think estrogen shots to slow down his growth. It worked he topped out at 6'5"  we think, he's only 17 now. 

15 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Or suggest Natasha to them and hope they don't notice :my_angel:

I've seen two different sets of twins named Nevaeh and Natasha. :pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I've seen two different sets of twins named Nevaeh and Natasha. :pb_lol:

OMG that's so sad for Natasha. Can you imagine finding out your sister is named after heaven and you after Satan? 

8 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

OMG that's so sad for Natasha. Can you imagine finding out your sister is named after heaven and you after Satan? 

Um, I just looked up the meaning of the name Natasha, and all the websites I found called Natasha a nickname for Natalia or Natalie and said that it means "born on Christmas day". Is there something I'm missing?

ETA--I just figured it out. :pb_redface: It isn't really the same thing in my mind, I guess.

2 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Um, I just looked up the meaning of the name Natasha, and all the websites I found called Natasha a nickname for Natalia or Natalie and said that it means "born on Christmas day". Is there something I'm missing?

Nevaeh is Heaven backwards, Natasha is Ah Satan backwards. 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

Nevaeh is Heaven backwards, Natasha is Ah Satan backwards. 

Yep. I figured it out while you were posting. :my_biggrin:

And thanks for the explanation!

So Austin has a half sister and brother? Well I knew about his sister. Just found out about his brother on Radar. Does not look like his dad was too strict with the first two. VERY interesting indeed. I'd like to hear more about these "other" siblings.

29 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

So Austin has a half sister and brother? Well I knew about his sister. Just found out about his brother on Radar. Does not look like his dad was too strict with the first two. VERY interesting indeed. I'd like to hear more about these "other" siblings.

That's the first I've heard of a half-brother. Curiouser and curiouser...

I hate it when tabloids pull this. The Duggars probably have enough skeletons in their prayer closets to fill a novel, and instead they go digging into the lives of private individuals. Austin can't control what his half-brother says or does. Austin's half-brother can't control the fact that Austin has chosen to put himself in the public eye.

If Austin's dad were out there screaming about how remarriage should be banned and divorced people put to death, then yeah, the fact that he may have been married before would be interesting. But as it is, the fact that this guy had a previous relationship and other children really isn't newsworthy, and it's not super unusual for a fundie. Lots of them have 'sinful' pasts that they spin into their 'testimony'.

Last but not least, sensationalizing mental illness is disgusting.

I'm not going to link to the article in question, but it's very easy to find.

p.s. - I lol'd at the part about Joy and Austin being embroiled in their own 'scandal'. Yes, the 'scandal' that was manufactured by the tabloids. 

But just in case anyone's wandering over here from Radar, here's the SHOCKING TRUTH about Joy and Austin:

-The 'doctor' quoted in the article is a hack. Google him and you'll see that he apparently makes his living commenting on celebrities' supposed health issues to the tabloids, having never treated the people in question. You may as well ask your hairdresser how far along she thinks Joy is next time you see her because her opinion is probably at least as good as this guy's.

-Lots of women look just like Joy when they're 12-16 weeks along, and Joy could be up to 16 weeks pregnant if she conceived on her honeymoon.

-Joy and Austin did not move their wedding date. The October date was her birthday and it was being used as a placeholder date. They said so when they created the registry. The Duggars generally give fake dates or no dates nowadays to throw the paparazzi/public off the scent. Joy's wedding was not scheduled for October. We have no reason at all to believe it was moved up or rushed, Duggar engagements are generally between 2 to 5 months long.

-For God's sake, do not believe an anonymous source quoted in a tabloid. Even if this person does exist and is connected somehow with the family, how do you know they're not full of shit? Or how do you know some random troll saying, "lol I'm Austin's second cousin and here's what's going down" didn't email the tabloid, and the tabloid just never bothered to confirm their identity? Or that the tabloid didn't just make this 'source' up completely? It's clickbait. Their goal isn't to report the truth, it's just to titillate you enough to get you to click through to their website.

I'm calling bs on this whole thing, and on the Anna article too.

I don't get why all these weird af articles are being published now, Just when they announce a pregnancy. As much as i love to snark on the Duggars, I really don't like that tabloids come up with all this stuff just as they're going through one of the best moments of their life, Becoming parents. 

Maybe Joy and Austin have shared ground and feel a lot of connection around their older siblings actions and consequential strict rules that directly affected their own upbringing. I sure remember my eldest brother's attempt at college muck up put a lot more pressure on us younger ones to be perfect, to show that we wouldn't do that. My cousin's teenage pregnancy (we're 2 months apart in age), put my uterus and dating under a lot more scrutiny.

I can imagine parents trying to figure out what they did wrong (if anything) and jumping full into stricter rules and oversight to try and prevent it.

While the article is trash, I hope Austin's brother got the help he needed!

@VBOY9977 Depending on his conviction/ crimes, he may have lost the right to vote. Or just may not be registered, it's not an automatic thing in Texas.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived