IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

Radaronline reached out to a Forsyth family member. He said their family loves Joy but Austin is not accepted by all of the Duggars.

He specifically said Anna Duggar does not like Austin because he's "a rebel, immature, arrogant, lacks experience" and she was "disappointed in his character". Interesting. Anna, of all people, knows the warning signs and she's seen them. 

https://www.google.com/amp/radaronline.com/videos/duggar-family-hates-joy-anna-husband-austin-shotgun-wedding-rumors-counting-on/amp/

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether Austin is universally accepted among the Duggar family or not, those articles seem to only be fronts to peddle the line that Jostin had sex before marriage. Pinch barrel load of salt anyone?

Radar can say whatever they want. Tabloids aren't exactly known for their honesty or ethical behaviour. I'm sure they'd have no qualms about making up a 'Forsyth family member' for the purposes of their story.

I can do it right now. Welcome to Singsingsing's Headline Information Tabloid: I exclusively spoke with a member of the Forsyth family who asked to remain anonymous and was informed that Joy was artificially inseminated as a surrogate for her mother Michelle and is now carrying triplets. They brainwashed Austin to go along with the scheme by putting drugs in his tater tot casserole. His parents do not approve but can't say anything or else Jim Bob will reveal to the world that they once voted for a Democrat.

Austin is a rebel? Cool, rebel Austin rebel, and take Joy and your kid with you on your way out.  We all wish. 

1 hour ago, Dugg@rTime said:

Whether Austin is universally accepted among the Duggar family or not, those articles seem to only be fronts to peddle the line that Jostin had sex before marriage. Pinch barrel load of salt anyone?

If this is all about these two getting it on before marriage, I say good for them, they were both adults, and planning to marry, it is NORMAL to have all the sex, and be touchy feely and grab assy, If she had had 1/2 a brain in her head she wouldn't have gotten knocked up so fast.  But her getting pregnant so quckily makes me believe all the stories about him being an arrogant rebel are just BS.  He may be arrogant, but aren't all the men in this cult arrogant? 

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

He specifically said Anna Duggar does not like Austin because he's "a rebel, immature, arrogant, lacks experience" and she was "disappointed in his character."

Let's translate

a rebel : doesn't follow all rules as Jim Bob has handed down

immature : same

arrogant : same

lacks experience : duh. The guy has never dated before!

disappointed in his character : doesn't follow god the same way she's been taught to follow god. 

If she actually said it, it doesn't actually say anything about his character  I would not trust her judgement. Would you?

Perhaps Austin and his good ol' boys tip back a couple of beers after they work. Perhaps Austin thinks Josh is a creep; he did fondle Joy when she was a tiny kid. Perhaps Josh wanted in on the house flipping business and Austin said, " No Way!" These things could cause Anna to dislike Austin. It could be true. It could be false. The Inquistor and RadarOnline are not all that reliable. FWIW, I do not think Joy and Austin had sex before marriage. It seems like the same nasty rumour that Jessa and Ben had sex in the private room at their wedding (where they went to have their first kiss in private and not shared with millions).

This week in tabloid throw down, the wife of a incestual child molester criticizes the character of the man married to her husband's victim. How will this play out?

Yeah, uber rebel. Jinger's married to a guy with a tattoo and arrest record, Jessa's got a husband who hangs out with rappers, Jill's got a husband who presumably is being given sane advice and tossing it aside.

Why is Austin a rebel? Is this based this on the fact he wasn't allowed to have a door to his bedroom as a teenager? That's got more to do with his parents than him, he appears to have had a lot less freedom than the Duggar boys were given. He seems like a stable, if stiff on camera, young man who's known the family a long enough time any concerns about his behavior probably would have been known and sorted before a courtship was allowed. 

It's also strange to me that it's attributed to Anna, she seems to be very faithful in keeping sweet, more so than the Duggar girls. Though I've no clue how close she and Joy are, presumably somewhat from the time Anna was in the girls' dorm. Maybe it's made up tension from the lawsuit, who knows.

Assuming the tabloid isn't just making this up, who do we think was the source? Amy?  I would have thought that Anna had a high tolerance for arrogant young men. Maybe it's hard-won experience.

The "Toad Suck Park" sign on I-40 always cracks me up.

I loved "The Wilder Life"! I was able to read it in one day and it put me in a much better mood. The snarky, bawdy humor is a funny contrast to the very prim way that Laura is usually treated. Though Laura herself probably would have fainted if she heard churning butter compared to giving a hand job.

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Though Laura herself probably would have fainted if she heard churning butter compared to giving a hand job.

Maybe, maybe not. She makes a snarky comment in The First Four Years when she's suffering from morning sickness and remembering her mother saying, "They who dance must pay the fiddler." Not remotely raunchy, but I don't think she was a total prude, either. ;) 

It's odd that Laura's treated so primly now. She wasn't a very prim person. At all. She was kind of tomboyish, opinionated, outdoorsy, and hated wearing corsets.

the tabloid story sounds made up.  Where did it say it was someone from Austin's side?  I thought it just said a family member.  I was thinking Amy if anyone. 

But I wonder if the Duggars ever release this kind of thing themselves to drum up and maintain interest?

As to whether the baby was conceived prior to marriage,  that doesn't seem very likely, BUT,  based on the little bit of film that we say of Joy and Austin flipping that house,  It would seem that his dad felt ok about leaving the two of them alone now and again.  Remember how they messed up that floor tile and the laughed about how they got distracted?  His dad was obviously not there while they were laying that tile or he would have stopped them.  I don't recall any of the littles being with Joy when she was at the house with him. 

Many people who have been heavily chaperoned have still managed to find a way to have a few minutes alone here and there.  I think probably all the couples had some alone time prior to marriage, except perhaps Jill, who seems to be the biggest rule follower.

Not saying that Joy got pregnant before marriage, but I can completely believe that she and Austin might have snuck a kiss in here and there, or some illegal hand holding.  And, who knows, maybe more. 

I have a hard time seeing Anna speaking out against anyone, let alone Austin. She wouldn't even speak out against her lying, cheating, molesting husband, so why would Austin draw her ire?  But someone up thread mentioned that maybe she and Josh got snubbed by Joy and Austin somehow.  Perhaps Josh wanted Austin to buy a car from him, or do some work on their house and Austin wasn't up for it.  Perhaps sour grapes would motivate Josh or Anna to say something.  But it seems unlikely.

I think it is all conjecture and PR to get them more tabloid coverage.

I'll buy that Jostin had pre marital sex when Joy gives birth to a full term baby before she's been married 9 months. Judging by her honeymoon of converting holocaust victims, constant mom talk, and pro-life instagram pregnancy announcement, I think it's safe to say Joy is fully into the kool aid. 

I could see Joy and Austin sneaking a kiss in a moment alone, but can't imagine they'd get enough unchaperoned time to do the deed.

I still remember my first kiss. I was 14, in a church parking lot. After we had kissed a couple of times, the guy wanted to feel me up. I felt a bit put off by it, i had just been kissed for the first time, and wasn't ready to have my boobs grabbed yet. I had already been masturbating and thinking sexy thoughts for years, but when confronted with a situation that could've escalated sexually, I just wasn't ready to go further right away.

joy and Austin were likely not permitted to explore their bodies through masturbation, or think sexy thoughts. I just can't imagine them wanting to go from 0-100 in a fast sneaky moment while the chaperones aren't looking. With all the hype about their first time, I imagine they'd just wait until they could do it properly. Plus they are marinated in the Koolaid.

Also Austin's Dad didn't leave them alone since they were being filmed by the film crew so I doubt that indicates anything. I don't know...those two seem so earnest and conscientious that I can't really see any serious rule breaking. It seemed more like a first crush rather than overwhelming lust. Jinger and Jeremy struck me as more affected by hormones and physical chemistry, and willing not to stick to the letter of the law. A first kiss maybe...premarital sex, doubtful. Hard to keep that secret in a large, tightknit family that's always keeping close tabs on the whereabouts of any courting females. Also they live in a small town and are recognizable celebrities. Really hard to hide a secret liason in a hotel or even a parking lot.

Which is why I said it seems unlikely and that at most they probably snuck a kiss in or hand holding or front hugs.  It just seems very unlikely they had sex before marriage.  But that being said,  I know of many young couples, from religious families, that were heavily supervised who still found time to hook up.  Even within the Duggar's circle of friends, I would bet there is at least one or two who have had babies conceived before marriage.   Didn't Anna's sister get pregnant out of wedlock?  I would assume her family had similar courting rules as the Duggars. 

So it happens.  Did it happen with Joy and Austin probably not, but it does happen.  Sex drive is a powerful thing.   

I do really hope this isn't the case for Joy however, because that would make the life of the next daughter to court even more restricted.  With Jinger it seemed like JB and M were loosening up on the rules a smidge, but if Joy was preggo before the wedding,  oh dear. Poor Johannah or Jana or whoever is next in line. They won't be able to make direct eye contact for fear of impregnation.  NOt even side hugs, will be allowed.   

While the tabloids are speculating about pre marital sex, we at FJ, known for our snark, refuse to believe it.* I like that.

* Well, most of us.

I think for most of us,  there is a difference between what is likely vs. what is possible.  I don't think most of believe it is very likely she got pregnant first.  But, knowing people, knowing young love, etc,  it is possible, though remote.  I think they snuck in some kisses and some more 'frontal' snuggling. I doubt they did anything else.  But I have been wrong about that before, involving people just as devout and involved in the purity culture.  My neighbor's daughter comes to mind.  Groom to be,  was in seminary.  Strict families on  both sides and very into the purity culture stuff.  She came down with a case of the babies after they got engaged.  They moved the wedding up. 

What I found interesting is that when the groom to be was kicked out of his home for awhile as a result, he moved into my friend's house, but they still maintained the whole purity culture even at this point, despite the fact that her daughter was about 7 months along.  So Groom to be, baby daddy of their future grandchild, had to sleep in the basement.  Seems odd to me, considering at that point, the horse is out of the barn already.  But that was how they roll.  He is a minister now, and of course this whole story is part of their pro-life schtick they use in some of their sermons.  They didn't have chaperones per se, but most if not all of their dating was done in groups, with family members etc.  I do know they were allowed to do short things together, like run and get ice cream or go for a walk. 

Doubtful that Joy and Austin could even do that. 

I do hope Austin turns out to be a rebel though.  I hope he rebels against JB.  I hope he  makes and follows his own path with Joy and their family.  I hope he gets her out of the public eye and lives privately.  I hope he continues to support himself, through construction, house flipping or whatever.  I hope he never becomes reliant on JB for housing, for money, etc.  I hope he never counts on a steady income of money from CO, as that will dry up some day.  I hope, that if Joy has any her own money,  that he is wise about investing and saving that money, because they will eventually have a rainy day.  I hope he tells Joy he doesn't want to be a headship, but wants to be a partner.  I hope he sees the value of family planning.

Personally, I don't think Joy would be able to rebel against 19 years of brainwashing to break courtship rules and get pregnant before marriage. Nope. 

As for the article...they're really trying to making something out of absolutely nothing, aren't they? "It's hard to stick to courtship rules" means Austin's trying to say, as a normal adult male with normal hormones, that not even being able to 'front hug' or kiss his betrothed is difficult for him (and for Joy, too). Plus, imagine trying to be amorous with Jim Bob standing over you bellowing "30 SECOND SIDE HUG ONLY." Yikes. 

Used to live right near Flippin, AR. And giggled our way through Toad Suck a few times. Stopped lots of times in Licking, MO on road trips to and from AR. There's also Big Blue Lick road in...Ohio? Hubby wants to visit Hell, Michigan.

Honestly though. Good for her if she did. My son was in my wedding. Totally puked on my sister while Mr Jane was groping my ass during our vows.  Joy, I hope your baby is born when it's due, and if you have to tell people that she was an 8 lb preemie, give her a city name that goes with it. Something great and strong, like Atlanta, if it's a boy name it Houston, and I've with the shame of city names for you kids. (My apologies to all moms of kids named Brooklyn everywhere)

1 hour ago, SadieJane said:

Honestly though. Good for her if she did. My son was in my wedding. Totally puked on my sister while Mr Jane was groping my ass during our vows.  Joy, I hope your baby is born when it's due, and if you have to tell people that she was an 8 lb preemie, give her a city name that goes with it. Something great and strong, like Atlanta, if it's a boy name it Houston, and I've with the shame of city names for you kids. (My apologies to all moms of kids named Brooklyn everywhere)

If you add a Nevaeh and a Jayden, I feel like you'd have a stereotypical kindergarten class from a TV program about American suburbia.  

Honestly, the odds are that she'd have to name it Tontitown Forsyth.  

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Radaronline reached out to a Forsyth family member. He said their family loves Joy but Austin is not accepted by all of the Duggars.

He specifically said Anna Duggar does not like Austin because he's "a rebel, immature, arrogant, lacks experience" and she was "disappointed in his character". Interesting. Anna, of all people, knows the warning signs and she's seen them. 

https://www.google.com/amp/radaronline.com/videos/duggar-family-hates-joy-anna-husband-austin-shotgun-wedding-rumors-counting-on/amp/

I highly doubt Anna would EVER say those words out loud even if she did feel that way. In what way does he "lacks experience"? That boy has more work ethic than the other Duggar boys combined. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived