IGNORED

Joy and Austin 13: Another Duggar Pregnancy Grandbaby 10

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

If you add a Nevaeh and a Jayden, I feel like you'd have a stereotypical kindergarten class from a TV program about American suburbia.  

Honestly, the odds are that she'd have to name it Tontitown Forsyth.  

Omg the "ayden" names. I swear if my kids don't have at least five friends each with a variety of ayden in their name I would die of shock.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still highly skeptical that they had premarital sex, mostly because of the public scrutiny and threat to their brand, but I would not rule it out. I'm not sure why so many people assume their religious beliefs somehow make this an impossibility? The Duggars and other fundies have been shown to be hypocrites time and time again so really it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't want to shame Joy - she did nothing wrong if she did have premarital sex. But it's surprising to me that some people outright dismiss the idea that teens could not possibly have sex before marriage because of their strong religious convictions. This has been happening throughout time to people with equally strict rules and religious upbringings.

I mean, their upbringing was about how sinful sex is but it is also obsessed with sex. It's so powerful that men literally can't resist and are in pain when facing any sort of temptation and it's the wife's job to submit/make herself available to her husband at all times lest he be tempted elsewhere.

This is a mindset that can easily lead to justification for actions seemly inconsistent with their beliefs but still consistent with their upbringing - "I must trust his judgment as my future headship," or "Austin can't help himself" or  "it was my fault for turning him on without the possibility for righteous fellowship" or "the devil made us do it, we'll try to be better and resist going forward, but we're committed to each other and will marry soon so god will forgive us" or "these rules are meant to keep people pure before meeting our future spouse, but we already know for certain we are each other's one and only, and have made that committment in front of god, just not yet officially in a church." Not that any of these scenarios happened but I don't see it as hard to believe as others seem to. People are very good at jumping through mental hoops to explain away their actions.

I don't believe any of the Duggar kids that are married or are about to marry weren't virgins. They all stick to it. And it's not THAT hard to stay a virgin until your wedding day when you get married at 19, I mean come on! People make it seem like it's this high achievement when it's not.

34 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I don't believe any of the Duggar kids that are married or are about to marry weren't virgins. They all stick to it. And it's not THAT hard to stay a virgin until your wedding day when you get married at 19, I mean come on! People make it seem like it's this high achievement when it's not.

I believe they were all virgins too but I still don't trust that it would be impossible if anyone was really wanting to have sex before marriage that they couldn't sneak away and do it. I think that there is an air of control that most of them (including the children) believe in but I think that if you like to around it, it is still possible. If there was a shot gun wedding in the Duggar family it wouldn't be a great surprise to me, I could see some of the middle kids be the subjects of that. "Oops that J-kid, what's his/her number turned out to have a secret girl/boyfriend and now that became evident in a very physical way since they were told birth control is the devil but they turned out to be horny like everyone else. Let's solve it the good old fashioned way and pretend like it didn't happen."

On 9/2/2017 at 7:54 PM, SadieJane said:

Yeah. Like, I get RP'ing like fantasy things or whatever, but hey are RPing sheltered naive girls who probably have no idea this is even happening. It's just awkward. Awkward all around. Well fake Anna (I am going with fake) says mid february and since those dudes are stalker like, I am going to say that the date is going to be Febrary 24th, and it will be huge, probably a girl, and they will name her after a city. lmao I'm a nerd.

Nooooo! That's my due date! I don't know why, but I hate the idea of having a due date the same as the Duggars let alone a birthday. I'm sure it's inevitable to share a birthday at the rate they are reproducing, but the exact due date is still kind of icky. 

Joy  one of the shorter adult duggsr girls, she is also the bustiest and short torsoed as well. So she is going to show a lot faster than any of the orher girls!. Until ahe drops a full term premmie I am just saying her body type is quite different from her orher sisters and they all got huge boobs while PG

3 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Nooooo! That's my due date! I don't know why, but I hate the idea of having a due date the same as the Duggars let alone a birthday. I'm sure it's inevitable to share a birthday at the rate they are reproducing, but the exact due date is still kind of icky. 

If it makes you feel better, the kidults keep stealing my kids names and I'm like, hey. Stop that. That's my kids name. Hahahaha 

4 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

Ahh, so you're our test subject. We need a bump shot as big as you can make it! I know all women's bodies are different blah blah. And I'm just kidding. Congrats on the baby!

1 hour ago, SadieJane said:

If it makes you feel better, the kidults keep stealing my kids names and I'm like, hey. Stop that. That's my kids name. Hahahaha 

Hoping your kid isn't named Spurgeon. :my_biggrin:

I keep reminding myself I had an 8lb preemie.  My son was born at 36 weeks 0days  and was 8lbs 20 inches.  I make big babies.  My daughter was 10 days early and was 9lbs 2oz, both would have been 10lbs or more had I gone to 40 weeks with both of them.  

On TLC, all the episode of earlier season are there :)

Does anything know when they put them there?

Is after the season has startet or every monday? (when the sason start oviblusy)

8 hours ago, acheronbeach said:

If you add a Nevaeh and a Jayden, I feel like you'd have a stereotypical kindergarten class from a TV program about American suburbia.  

Honestly, the odds are that she'd have to name it Tontitown Forsyth.  

Nevaeh, ha! That name has always annoyed me. Each parent seems to think they are the only one to think of that word for a name. 

I'm going to name my kid Dog because it's God spelled backwards. 

Damn, people. No one's saying it's impossible that they had premarital sex. Almost nothing is actually impossible. It's not impossible that Jim Bob has a giant tattoo of a skull and crossbones on his ass. How would any of us know? It's not impossible that Michelle is addicted to World of Warcraft. It's not impossible that Anna is faking her current pregnancy. But based on what we know, it's extremely unlikely.

Based on what we know, it's extremely unlikely that Austin and Joy had sex before marriage. Yes, people who say they're not going to, do. People who are very conservative Christians do. People who say they didn't, actually did. But when you look at who they are, what they believe, how they talk, how they acted and are currently acting, and then the rest of the context, like the chaperones, the short courtship and engagement, and so on, the odds of it happening really plummet. 

If she gives birth to a 9 pound baby on Christmas Eve, then I'll start to think it's more likely than not. But I really wouldn't bet on that.

2 hours ago, SadieJane said:

So you have a little Spurgeon? :my_biggrin:

11 hours ago, Smoochie said:

Had to throw in Big Bone Lick State Park in Boone County, KY and not suggestive, but, how would you like to live in Stinking Creek, TN.

Then there's Elephant Butte in New Mexico. I know that isn't how it's pronounced, but if there was any justice in the world, it would be.

7 hours ago, elliha said:

I believe they were all virgins too but I still don't trust that it would be impossible if anyone was really wanting to have sex before marriage that they couldn't sneak away and do it. I think that there is an air of control that most of them (including the children) believe in but I think that if you like to around it, it is still possible. If there was a shot gun wedding in the Duggar family it wouldn't be a great surprise to me, I could see some of the middle kids be the subjects of that. "Oops that J-kid, what's his/her number turned out to have a secret girl/boyfriend and now that became evident in a very physical way since they were told birth control is the devil but they turned out to be horny like everyone else. Let's solve it the good old fashioned way and pretend like it didn't happen."

If they held the engagement for a year, then I'd be impressed. Sure there are quick Vegas or courthouse weddings. But most people I know took a year to plan their weddings. But that's a different world.

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Should we aspect a weekly update of thr growing belly just like sister mommy Jill?

Given the amount of speculation on the web of a premarital conception and the judgement of her belly, I'd think not. Maybe one every 4 weeks or so. Joy doesn't post as much as Jessa and Jill do. 

55 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Nevaeh, ha! That name has always annoyed me. Each parent seems to think they are the only one to think of that word for a name. 

Or suggest Natasha to them and hope they don't notice :my_angel:

58 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

I have a Nevaeh. I certainly never thought I was the only one to use that name. Nor did I choose it because of the Heaven spelt backwards thing. I just liked the name and it just always felt right for her when I would think of it when she was moving inside me. But sure let's go with your generalization of parents who pick that name. 

5 hours ago, HOTW said:

they all got huge boobs while PG

I suspect, like many women, they are wearing the wrong size bras. I bet that they are uncomfortable too.

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I suspect, like many women, they are wearing the wrong size bras. I bet that they are uncomfortable too.

You know they aren't going to Victoria's Secret, since NIKE and all that.  Joy and Jill need some good supportive nursing bra's they both get some serious boobs.  As a big busted woman I promise you they do have supportive nursing bras I've seen them. But they aren't cheap, or at least they weren't in 2000, which was the last time I needed one.

I don't think the tabloids understand what the Duggars are. This isn't a bodice ripper novel where the heroine is some young miss who finds an older man with a past to reform and who seduces her in the process. This is a cult, Joy has sent 19 years being told that if she had sinful thoughts and looked the wrong way at a man that she was a sinner who was going to hell. That isn't something you toss aside for a quick tumble even if you are going to be married. No, I cannot for the life of me believe that there was premartial sex. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived