IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

38 minutes ago, justodd said:

I am the proud owner of a hat worn by Joey Jeremiah. 

:shocked:

I got into the original Degrassi because I'm a fan of TNG. I'm about the same age as the original TNG cast.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww!! I love this thread drift. Hey Arnold! Will always be my favorite and all of those nick shows, As told by Ginger, Rocket Power, Rugrats... as for shows I LOVED Lizzie McGuire sooo much.

1 minute ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Aww!! I love this thread drift. Hey Arnold! Will always be my favorite and all of those nick shows, As told by Ginger, Rocket Power, Rugrats... as for shows I LOVED Lizzie McGuire sooo much.

GO GO POWER RANGERS!!!

Someone in my dorm had the Power Rangers beeper as their ringtone, so one day at dinner his phone went off, and I suggested next time he gets a text we shout, "IT'S MORPHIN TIME" and stand up and cross our arms over our chests. He got a text. We were the only ones who followed through. Everyone else got up and left in embatassment. :pb_lol: I've been the pink ranger for Halloween other as a child and an adult.

The nostalgia in this thread is real. Lots of 90's kids here!

A few I haven't seen mentioned yet: Ren and Stimpy, Kablam, Rocco's Modern Life, Doug, Clarissa Explains It All.

I was a little old for Caillou when I discovered it but I do remember hate watching as an upper elementary age. I looked on Wikipedia to see when it started airing in the US and saw that Caillou's nickname is The Prince of Imagination. I didn't care enough to read why. He's the prince of pissing and moaning if anything else. 

8 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Anyone remember the Gumby cartoons?  I got my own rubber Gumby.  Then there were Davey and Goliath...ugh.

We sometimes watched Gumby at school.

The Reading Rainbow and The Puzzle Place were favorites in my family. We also loved a lot of the old Disney Channel Original Movies. I still watch the Halloweentown series every October (except for the last one where they changed the actress who plays Marnie, because fuck that.)

1 hour ago, justodd said:

I am the proud owner of a hat worn by Joey Jeremiah. 

Shut the front door!  Story please! :D

Just now, VineHeart137 said:

The Reading Rainbow and The Puzzle Place were favorites in my family. We also loved a lot of the old Disney Channel Original Movies. I still watch the Halloweentown series every October (except for the last one where they changed the actress who plays Marnie, because fuck that.)

I just saw TNG mentioned above which immediately made me realize no one had mentioned Reading Rainbow yet, then I scrolled down to the bottom of the page and here it is! LeVar Burton for the win! Gotta be the original intro though.

@JuicyDuggar. I'm more of an 80's kid but Ren and Stimpy was my 20 yr old stoner fav.  We all watched and I still do if I can ever catch it!

Calliou was around for my kids preschool years.  I banned it fairly quickly.   I swear that little whiny bastard was making my kids whine.  It stopped after the ban, so, therefore it's true! 

Best thread drift ever!

Mr Dressup, Friendly Giant, Captain Kangaroo as a little one. Later it was Flintstones, Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie. Man, do I feel old.

38 minutes ago, Playagirl said:

Mr Dressup, Friendly Giant, Captain Kangaroo as a little one. Later it was Flintstones, Partridge Family, Brady Bunch, Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Bewitched, I Dream Of Jeannie. Man, do I feel old.

So. Much. Yes!!!!  We're not old, we just had better programming then these dang kids these days.  Not to mention the walking to school uphill both ways with coconuts for shoes.  Kids with their fancy shoes, humpf!  Hahahahaha!!!

Oh yeah, Mr. Rogers!  <3.  New school Revue, is that right?  With the frog and owl?  

1 hour ago, Beermeet said:

Shut the front door!  Story please! :D

It's not much of a story, I'm afraid. An old friend of mine won it in a charity auction (came with a personalized letter from Pat and picture of him wearing it), but she later found out she was allergic to acrylics and gifted it to me so it could be enjoyed by someone who could touch/wear it without breaking into hives. I sometimes feel bad since we've since gone our separate ways, but she was adamant at the time and always said the letter was more important to her, anyway.  

If we're talking about Disney Channel Original Movies I have to recommend Smart House and the Thirteenth Year. I watched them just about every time they were on! (Love Lizzie McGuire/Kim Possible/That's so Raven on Disney and Rocket Power/Wild Thornberries on Nick too)

Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Inspector Gadget, and Captain Planet were some of my childhood favorites. 

My younger brothers had spongebob (ugh!), magic school bus (good) and a few others that seemed worse than what I had.

It was Sesame Street or nothing for me as far as kids' educational programming at the time. Mr. Rogers, Electric Company, Romper Room—I just could not get into anything else that was live-action and I'm not sure why. Yay for predating Barney!

Saturday morning cartoons, OTOH? To this day, I remain a stan of early Scooby-Doo, and all the original Schoolhouse Rock songs are permanently etched into my memory. Well, except for "Little Twelve Toes," which they never aired because (a) even adults found it confusing and (b) it was fucking weird.

Reading Rainbow was really cool. I watched Webster, Silver Spoons and Punky Brewster too. We have multiple seasons of Animaniacs on DVD. LOVE it!

3 hours ago, Playagirl said:

You must be about my husband's age. He's 6 1/2 years older than me, so I missed seeing a lot of these. I used to watch Mr Dressup, Friendly Giant, Flintstones, Partridge Family, and Little House on the Prairie was on every day after school.

I grew up in small town British Columbia with no cable and just 2 channels. 

Older daughter is 18 now and she actually liked Caillou. She says she's the only one of her friends who did. We visited Québécois friends in Montreal when she was little and they gave her a VHS tape of Caillou in French. Caillou's sister Rosie was called Mousseline in the French version. Caillou was still whiney, even in French.

The cartoon and books that my kids hate most is Franklin the turtle. My kids think Franklin's "friends" are jerks. 

Omg I've loved all the old shows listed here!! In other news I decided to dye my hair blue tonight and listened to this old Duggar special whilst doing so. I fucking hate Fuckface and even more so while watching this special because I know this is close to the time he did everything. Fuck you Fuckface and I wish I knew how to do the tm from my phone.c9f5d598e6bf3eff5525379f3ca9b016.jpg

Has anybody mentioned Pee-Wee's Play house? I was about to enter the 7th grade when the movie theater scandal broke and his show got cancelled. It was devastating.

Yasss to old school Degrassi. My parents didn't like me watching it because it was too sensational, but I always found a way. Rewatching it as an adult, it stands up. I never liked Saved by the Bell growing up (it felt phony and poorly written), but when I smoked a lot of weed and binge watched it with a friend years later, we had a good laugh.

Love the thread drift! 

I loved Rugrats and so did my mum lol we would watch it together when I was growing up. Also loved Kim Possible, As Told By Ginger, Hey Arnold!, Bananas in Pyjamas, Pengu, That's so Raven and Lizzie McGuire. 

Does anyone remember the animated version of Sabrina the Teenage Witch? It was my absolute favourite! 

All this thread drift has done is reignited my annoyance that I only had standard UK TV growing up. Four channels until I was about 10 and then we got Freeview. Never had Disney or Nick. (Mum didn't like American tv so we never would have got it)

I do have five Blue Peter badges, the ultimate envy of a British childhood, though. And did watch Lizzie McGuire and loved that. Apparently had a Bananas in Pyjamas phase (burned out the VHS) but the only one who can remember that fun phase is my dad, oops. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived