IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FundamentallyShocked said:

My Saturday morning favorite: Scooby-Doo.

I would still watch the early Scooby-Doo shows (not the newer ones or the awful ones with Scrappy-Doo).

I was always a little sad that my kids never had the thrill of Saturday morning cartoons. With cable and VHS, cartoons are an anytime thing.

My sister-in-law hates Scrappy Doo even more then I do. When she was in labor in the hospital she was so pissed of that it was the only cartoon on TV to watch. She ranted about all of the cartoons in the world how was it that was the only one on? 

What about Big Comfy Couch? It was one of my favorites.  

I also went through a huge barney phase.  Then I moved onto the nick line-up Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power.  But my sister is 5 years younger, so at the same time she was into Out of the Box, Rollie Pollie Ollie, and PB&J Otter.  

How about Wonderama? Andy's Gang? My sister, who's older, loved the former, so I had to watch and we both LOVED Andy's Gang, though I was really young!

My earliest memory of cartoons was Felix the Cat and Casper the Ghost.   I watched Miss Francis in her Romper Room and Soupy Sales.

I remember loving a program called Diver Dan.  Later on watched The Flintstones and The Jetsons.  

I was totally entranced by The Addams Family and wanted to live in their house.

@Lizzybet. I forgot those, slightly older cousins watched them.

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

We must be about the same age, this was my favorite lineup but I will include Smurfs and Snorks to this.

Snorks!!!  We didn't have a lot of money growing up, but my Mom got me a clear (think jelly shoes) backpack in 2nd grade that had water-filled section with snorks and glitter!  It was amazing.  I really thought I was the shit with that backpack.  I need to remind and thank my Mom again for that. 

@GoddessofVictory I feel your pain.  No cable growing up.  My brother and I loved to go to my Grandmother's during the Summer and sit in her basement and watch Nickelodeon in the AC (which we also didn't have at home).  It was so luxurious!  We watched Hey, Dude!, You Can't Do that On Television, Double Dare, etc.    Good times!

My older boys both loved getting PMK DVDs (Popular Mechanics for Kids)  from the library.  I think it was a Canadian show.  Some of the actors are famous now which makes them fun to watch. 

2 hours ago, coffeequeen said:

I also went through a huge barney phase.  Then I moved onto the nick line-up Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Rocket Power.  But my sister is 5 years younger, so at the same time she was into Out of the Box, Rollie Pollie Ollie, and PB&J Otter.  

Big Comfy Couch was my favorite! Growing up I loved Nick, but my brothers preferred Cartoon Network. Has anyone seen Kids Next Door or the Grimm Adventures of Billy and Mandy? Drake and Josh was a great show, too. 

Arthur, Little Bill, Oswald, Dora, Blues Clues, Backyaridgans, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny. 

Disney Original movies, OG Disney shows, Keenan & Kel, Amanda Show, All That. 

I also used to watch Xenon Warrior Princess and The Nanny when I was like 7. 

Spongebob will forever be the Greatest of all time. That show is genius. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

But can we talk about Courage the Ocwaesly Dog? That shows still scares the crap out of me. No idea how that was put on a kids network. CatDog was freaky too.

@nastyhobbitses Who loves orange soda?

Too many of you guys are bringing up the shows my kids watched.

I sometimes annoy my kids by singing the library card song from Arthur. I think Drake and Josh was a really good show but Megan's character annoyed me. I love Chuckie from Rug Rats and wish he was a real boy.

2 hours ago, coffeequeen said:

Awwww yes my oldest watched Big Comfy Couch. I can still hear the song. This thread is making me miss my little ones. 

I think you've covered all the ones my boys watched except Rescue Heroes. We still have the toys (FisherPrice lasts forever) and possibly the videos.

14 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

If we are going down the Tom Lehrer rabbithole, may I offer this: 

I knew all the words by heart when I was in Kindergarten  

I used to love Button Moon, he-man and she-ra as I got older

My kids loved the teletubbies (son has autism and at 16 still watches them)  peppa pig and big barn farm also liked. We did go through a phase with bananas in pjamas  one video repeated endlessly, is not remembered fondly  .

1991 or 2 nickelodeon after school lineup- salute your shorts, hey dude, guts and are you afraid of the dark. 

And still my all time favorite show of all time PETE AND PETE. My love of gingers was born and has never died. Big Pete is my ideal partner. 

4 hours ago, coffeequeen said:

I forgot about Big Comfy Couch!  I still have a Molly doll in my room at home -I can't bear to part with her!

4 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

My sister-in-law hates Scrappy Doo even more then I do. When she was in labor in the hospital she was so pissed of that it was the only cartoon on TV to watch. She ranted about all of the cartoons in the world how was it that was the only one on? 

Scrappy Doo has to be the most annoying character ever!  i hated that show.  i could never understand why, if Scrappy was only a puppy, he spoke better than Scooby the full-grown dog.

We've all forgotten about Madeline! This thread drift had her popping up in my dream last night.  I had a weird seabert the seal stage in there too. I'd forgotten about Pete and Pete and how amazing it was.

Middle school years involved a large obsession with Roswell, as in we'd tear those photos out of the magazines and tape them in our locker (the guy I shared with was allowed to get those magazines) Buffy whatever was on the WB. I was always a bit jealous of the kids who got their own lockers and real books for every class. Our school would run out somewhere around last names beginning with R or S, on the plus side I never got lines for forgetting my book.

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I knew all the words by heart when I was in Kindergarten  

I got in trouble at summer camp when I was 9 or so for singing Poisoning Pigeons in the Park at a talent show. I was raised on Tom Lehrer, and it kind of explains everything.

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I got in trouble at summer camp when I was 9 or so for singing Poisoning Pigeons in the Park at a talent show. I was raised on Tom Lehrer, and it kind of explains everything.

It sounds like you were raised well. :pb_lol:

32 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

The original Degrassi.

That was my favorite show. I was 7 or 8 the first time I saw it on PBS. 

9 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I love that we can amuse ourselves while waiting for M5. This is more fun, anyway. And now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Does anyone remember Andy Pandy? Even as a pre schooler i found him too goody goody. Teddy was cool, though.

Bill and Ben, Woodentops.

Watch/Listen with Mother, Blue Peter, etc.

Jackanory was a favourite. Little weed was odd! Who was it who lived in a cupboard? (No you younger folk, I'm not talking about Harry Potter!)

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

The original Degrassi.

YAASSSS!

And:

2 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

The original Degrassi.

I am the proud owner of a hat worn by Joey Jeremiah. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived