IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:20 AM, Lurky said:

Here's the thing about "period dress" enthusiasts - they're pretty much always into the wealthy people's clothing, and are cosplaying being rich.  

I'm a "period dress" enthusiast. We also have a sizable community that's into working-class wear, like the "Ragged Victorians": http://www.raggedvictorians.co.uk/  It's really quite interesting how working-class wear was often very practical and relatively simple.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks Charlotte's halftee doesn't look good at all with her sundress? And man oh man is her complexion bad--Charlotte darling, essential oils are not your friend.

My daughter was using lavender oil on her acne before we could get her into the doctor, and. It helped a little. But nothing like the prescription medication! 

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Am I the only one who thinks Charlotte's halftee doesn't look good at all with her sundress? 

while the Halftee concept makes sense, the one she chose doesn't go with her outfit.  the beige lace, especially in the back, just looks like underwear; she might as well have her bra straps hanging out.  a simple cardigan* would have worked so much better.  it's yet another example of "look at me and how modest i am."

*i have about a dozen short cardigans with varying sleeve lengths and no buttons; i wear them at work almost every day because we can't wear sleeveless tops.  they're under $15 at places like tj maxx.

1 hour ago, Bretta said:

That is fascinating.  Thanks for posting the link.

As for Charlotte, I don't think that beige Halftee under the jumpsuit is good advertising for the product at all.  As @catlady said, a short sleeved cardie over it would look much nicer.  I really like Jessica's green flowered dress though.

Jessica and I have something very exciting up our sleeves to share with you guys! If you all have ever wanted a chance to just sit down with us and chat about living life as young women, to God’s glory, well… your chance might be coming  Maybe… just sayin’… you know… maybe.

What a little tease.  Is this going to be a mini-conference or just a webisode of some kind.  I expect their readers are having palpitations they are so excited.

I'd rather like to sit down and have a serious chat with with this pair of superficial twits about life, the universe, and everything they are missing.  I seriously doubt my chance will ever come.  But, maybe ... just sayin' ... you know ... maybe.

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Is this going to be a mini-conference or just a webisode of some kind.

Or maybe a superduper discount on oils because nothing says fundie entrepreneur like peddling shite.

I seldom comment about this group, but that halftee thing is a total failure. I kept looking for a teeshirt type thing not something that looked like beige bra straps.  

And they want $21.99 for a lace cropped tank. when they first started pushing these a few weeks back, I was expecting something more like a cotton/spandex top with actual sleeves. 

2 hours ago, Jasmar said:

My daughter was using lavender oil on her acne before we could get her into the doctor, and. It helped a little. But nothing like the prescription medication! 

Exactly. If there's something that's consistently effective to the same degree as an OTC or prescription medicine, I'd wager with all the $$$ being made in the medical industry, they'd have it available in every pharmacy at some exorbitant price. :my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Bretta said:

We also have a sizable community that's into working-class wear

That's really awesome. It's interesting to learn about the lifestyles of the wealthy at whatever point in history, but I think it's really fascinating how the average person was living! 

22 minutes ago, catlady said:

And they want $21.99 for a lace cropped tank. when they first started pushing these a few weeks back, I was expecting something more like a cotton/spandex top with actual sleeves. 

Wow, that's insane! Like you said, a cropped cardigan would have looked much better. 

That picture is freaking adorable. I have nothing else to say about essential oils or shady MLM people, but dang.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Am I the only one who thinks Charlotte's halftee doesn't look good at all with her sundress?  

You are not. And why does she call it a jumpsuit?? 

8 hours ago, katilac said:

You are not. And why does she call it a jumpsuit?? 

I know, I was expecting pants! It was just a maxi dress. Errr...well, I guess. 

On 8/30/2017 at 3:46 PM, singsingsing said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to wear clothing that you feel expresses who you are, having a certain style that's important to you, or putting a lot of thought and effort into your appearance. Nothing at all. If it makes you happy and it's not hurting anyone else, fantastic. Enjoy yourself.

There is something wrong with judging other people who don't have the same aesthetic priorities. Especially if you claim to be a Christian.

All of this. Nobody should be shamed for enjoying clothes. But let people do their own thing. 

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I know, I was expecting pants! It was just a maxi dress. Errr...well, I guess. 

It is pants, at the bottom at least. The shorts version would be called a romper so this really is a jumpsuit. 

[Note I hate this fashion trend personally, both short and long versions, but I know what *they're called.]

I had to look closely to see that it's pants.  I'm not fond of jumpsuits/rompers in general, but those wide legs look like they'd be a trip hazard from hell. 

2 hours ago, Kylolo said:

It is pants, at the bottom at least. The shorts version would be called a romper so this really is a jumpsuit. 

[Note I hate this fashion trend personally, both short and long versions, but I know what *they're called.]

They don't look like pants at all. I could have swore it was a maxi dress. :my_confused: My bad. I hope she doesn't need to move quickly. 

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

My bad. I hope she doesn't need to move quickly. 

Trip factor aside, I also hope she has a strong bladder.  I don't mind the look so much but they make going to the loo time-consuming and awkward.  

Voice of experience.  I owned a more modest version of Charlotte's jumpsuit (it had short sleeves and didn't need a halftee-thingy underneath) way back in the eighties.

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Trip factor aside, I also hope she has a strong bladder.  I don't mind the look so much but they make going to the loo time-consuming and awkward.  

Voice of experience.  I owned a more modest version of Charlotte's jumpsuit (it had short sleeves and didn't need a halftee-thingy underneath) way back in the eighties.

I have pooped butt naked in many a public bathroom because I thought that rompers and high-fiber diets were great ideas.

6 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I have pooped butt naked in many a public bathroom because I thought that rompers and high-fiber diets were great ideas.

How very immodest of you!  :laughing-rolling:

Charlotte should take note. :D

Brigid has a new post up about her regency dress.  It turned out really nice (like all of her stuff).  But she has her hands on her stomach in every single picture. Okay, Brigid, we get it, you are pregnant.  It is hard to miss anyway. But PLEASE, let go of the belly for at least on picture.....it would draw the attention to the excellent sewing you did!

I chuckled at @Ali's post about clothes after pregnancy. After one of my children I was shopping at the grocery store ALONE! The lady in line behind me, whom I never met before, asked me about my baby. I was a little taken aback by her question- then she informed me that I had spit up all down my back!

That post about average women versus her was smug as f*ck. She could of described her style without comparing herself to everyone else. I get it, she has her own style and look. I do too. But I don't think of myself in terms of what everyone else wears versus me. I just wear what I like without thinking about what everyone else wears. Her wording makes it sound like she sees herself as above most people. Probably unintentionally. People are complicated and full of surprises. Never judge a book by its cover.

The dress is pretty. Definitely not my style but quite pretty. She is totally letting us know that she is pregnant though. :my_confused:

I can't hate on Bridget too much.  Yep, what she posted was pretty insensitive and self-congratulatory; but it was also pretty par for the course for a lot of the maidens we see who have been raised in echo-chambers.  It takes maturity and experience to temper your opinions of yourself and to communicate with sensitivity.  I get the sense that most of her companionship has been with her sisters and parents.  Despite her marriage and pregnancy, she still strikes me as quite young and sheltered.  

Still, Bridget's miles ahead of Charlotte and The One Who Likes Attention, who seem hell-bent on shilling overpriced magical oil cures to the uneducated by using lots of big words that they don't quite comprehend.  They've gone from mildly sympathetic to truly obnoxious in a remarkably short timespan.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived