IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Markie said:

In the video from the wedding this weekend, Derick seemed more attentive and caring of Jill than he appears in their show or in their Instagram posts. It was kind of nice catching him being nice while they were not aware of being filmed. He had such potential to be an ideal husband for Jill when he was first introduced to the public. I don't know if he will pull it together again and support his family financially, but I hope so. I wonder if he gets angry at the hypocrisy of his inlaws? Derick's hate filled posts were merely expressing ideas that the family supports and spews on a regular basis. 

The show is highly edited to promote whatever storyline TLC wants. I wouldn't be at all surprised if part of the "problems" people see in their marriage are simply due to that. 

ETA: Dirty Jesus hath spoketh aboyt Charlottesville:

I'd give him points for trying, but he helped vote in the asshole who fostered the environment these white supremacists are thriving in. So... I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

I'm deducting 5 points from Derelict for having no introspection in regards to his Charlottesville comments. 

7 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I'm deducting 5 points from Derelict for having no introspection in regards to his Charlottesville comments. 

And can we deduct another point - simply because he's an outspokeningly bigoted asshole and I don't like him?

5 hours ago, Markie said:

Derick seemed more attentive and caring of Jill than he appears in their show or in their Instagram posts. It was kind of nice catching him being nice while they were not aware of being filmed

I noticed he did this during the prayer only. When it was over he let go. So maybe it is a kind of tradition when they pray. 

18 hours ago, Beermeet said:

That could be a case of parents buying his way through school to graduate.  It happens.  I'd like to see his grades.  Gradegate2017

Yep, it's a well known fact that private schools hold a certain % of spots for wealthy and well connected/famous people who might not qualify on their own merit. Also, some of these schools give no lower than B- grades at all. My friend's daughter, a top notch student who failed to secure a spot into Stanford, attended a UC campus and Cornell Vet school all on full ride scholarships, was told at a Vet school interview that many professional/grad programs would rather have students from lesser known public schools because they know that grade padding is not so prevalent.

Ok now I really want to get back into learning a second language reading this thread!  I studied French from 7th grade through college...which I finished 15 years ago now :56247953c05d2_32(6):time flies. I was very good at understanding it, horrible at speaking it. Probably for reasons listed here, mainly nerves! I was was really shy and was not someone who volunteered answers for things I knew were correct in English. Was forced in bit in French 3 as it was French only the whole class. Even with that I would just have a bunch of things prepared to say/ask the teacher that didn't change much.

The only second "language" I learned was at my old job surrounded by engineers. Small company so I would get pulled into doing a lot of different things, including meeting minutes. Trial by fire there but eventually I figured it out.

Going back a few pages... I read the blog post by Vyckie Garrison of No Longer Quivering & also read a few older FJ threads on her.  I'd like to learn more about how her daughter Angel is doing now & how she gets along with her family.  Does Angel have a blog, website, or Facebook page? 

Those are your people dwreck. Your fellow Trumpkins. What are you going to do about it? Your prayers aren't going to end racism.

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

professional/grad programs would rather have students from lesser known public schools because they know that grade padding is not so prevalent.

Yes. I feel like, given your school is legitimate, at a certain point an A is an A and people understand that

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I'd give him points for trying, but he helped vote in the asshole who fostered the environment these white supremacists are thriving in. So... I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Trump's views were and his Nazi supporters were well on display during the election cycle last year. I'm still feeling too raw. All this hits so very close to people near and dear to  my heart. My family. Derrick can't make up for it in one tweet. 

@SapphireSlytherinI would imagine that the mittens are needed to stop scratching.
Baby fingernails are wicked things that leave gouges in their little arms, legs, faces and anywhere else they can reach. My kids never needed them but my nephew did. 

Oh man. I want to say something but I want to do it with great sensitivity and minimal snark. 

Okay. So Derick...judging or discriminating based on race (multiple possible physical or genetic manifestations) IS EVIL.  So for example, it's evil to judge someone on the appearance of their skin?

But judging that SAME person based on the appearance of their genitalia is.... ordain of God? 

So do Jill and Derick work for the iblp now? Their insta posts seem to say so... is it the only place that will take them now that they're off the missioncation?

On 12/8/2017 at 10:08 AM, JillyO said:

Either I am misunderstanding what you're saying, or you're vastly overestimating how quickly you learned Spanish, or you are some kind of language learning wiz.

I happen to work in this field, and assuming you are talking about about the Common European Frame of Reference for Language (CEFR) when you say you managed to get to level B2 with a four-week course, I'm just going to tell you that that is not possible. No way, no how.

The rule of thumb at my work is that a small-group intensive course (six hours per day, five days a week) will finish one level (i.e. A1) in six weeks while living in an immersive environment.

Yeah. I now have C1/C2 French after learning from scratch. but it took me a lot to get to that point - i did it in high school (which got me to about A2.1) and then I did 3 years of French at University and then a year abroad in Paris. only then would I say I qualified to B2/C1 level, and I don't consider myself a slow learner. And the thing that has tipped me over into near fluency is the fact that Mr LBE is French and I have the luxury of being able to practice with a native speaker any time I felt like it.

5 hours ago, bella8050 said:

The only second "language" I learned was at my old job surrounded by engineers. Small company so I would get pulled into doing a lot of different things, including meeting minutes. Trial by fire there but eventually I figured it out.

You learned engineer? Oh man...massive props! I had to learn nuke, shipyard and Navy. It sucked. 

23 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So do Jill and Derick work for the iblp now? Their insta posts seem to say so... is it the only place that will take them now that they're off the missioncation?

My guess is Derick will get a job again but they will do the IBLP speaking route on the side. That or maybe they will do Family Connections like the Wallers.

Any thoughts on Jill trying to get people to sign up for ALERT?  Also I love this lady's comment pointing out that none of the Duggs have actually served despite this transparent attempt at getting others to go to sign up for this phony program.

IMG_6953.PNG

IMG_6952.PNG

IMG_6954.PNG

I don't have any comments of value to add the ALERT thing. I will however say that I'm not wearing my glasses and I read 17 years or older as 11 years or older until seeing Jill's blurb. 

Had it been 11 I would have had lots to say. 

I've said this a ton about ALERT: so...we're just OK with the fact that there's a religious extremist paramilitary training camp in East Texas that markets to impressionable young boys and men, and trains them in firearms use and their only real education there besides how to kill more efficiently is memorizing large chunks of their holy book? Even though we've blown 2/3rds of Afghanistan to smithereens to get rid of those very camps? Oh, right, the boys are white and Christian, so it's OK.

It's time to start calling Christian fundamentalists the terrorist extremists that they are. Especially after Charlottesville. #SendJamesFieldsToGitmo (like he fucking deserves)

11 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I've said this a ton about ALERT: so...we're just OK with the fact that there's a religious extremist paramilitary training camp in East Texas that markets to impressionable young boys and men, and trains them in firearms use and their only real education there besides how to kill more efficiently is memorizing large chunks of their holy book?

Yeah the ALERT thing is very creepy. They're doing army style training, but what are they training for exactly? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived