IGNORED

Dillards 38: Still Chewing on that Foot in His Mouth

Coconut Flan

33 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Yeah the ALERT thing is very creepy. They're doing army style training, but what are they training for exactly? 

Some sort of manly romp in the wilderness I bet. Not to mention faking help in case of natural disasters.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, VeganCupcake said:

Yeah the ALERT thing is very creepy. They're doing army style training, but what are they training for exactly? 

For the end times of course!

Can you imagine if a Muslim group bought a large chunk of land in Texas to run young men through weapons training, military drills, and faith based exercises? Everyone would lose there mind.

1 hour ago, VeganCupcake said:

Charlottesville is a pretty good prelude to what they're aiming to do. I'm planning on finding ways to prepare to defend myself, or get the hell out of the country. Like fuck I'm going to live under Vanilla ISIS.

10 hours ago, motelmum said:

@SapphireSlytherinI would imagine that the mittens are needed to stop scratching.
Baby fingernails are wicked things that leave gouges in their little arms, legs, faces and anywhere else they can reach. My kids never needed them but my nephew did. 

I know exactly what the mittens are for. Thanks, though, for the condescension.

11 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I know exactly what the mittens are for. Thanks, though, for the condescension.

Then why are you asking the Dillards to get rid of them? For your aesthetic pleasure?

@Snarkle Motion So fucking true. Can you even imagine? They would have all been shot dead by Navy Seals long since.

7 hours ago, Snarkylark said:

@Markie where is the video from this weekend?

It was a video of a wedding where Jinger was a bridesmaid. It was posted in Jinger's thread. Jill and Derick, as well as other Duggars were sitting in the back and were videoed from behind. 

14 hours ago, SRC said:

Going back a few pages... I read the blog post by Vyckie Garrison of No Longer Quivering & also read a few older FJ threads on her.  I'd like to learn more about how her daughter Angel is doing now & how she gets along with her family.  Does Angel have a blog, website, or Facebook page? 

I like to leave Angel her privacy because I think life has dealt her some very hard blows.  She has never sought attention.  That was all her mother.

She was alienated from her mother for a time, married very young, and joined the navy.  I think the first marriage didn't work out, she may have remarried, but now seems to be single again.

Angel used to have a blog http://pastflashes.blogspot.com/ but it hasn't been updated in a few years.  Her entries there are more trying to make sense of life through essays and poetry than anything else.

I don't know how she is doing at the moment but I hope she is OK.  I wish her well.

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

They claim it is for Search and Rescue.  And Bible study.  And "Leadership" (whatever that means) and EMT training.  A lot of ALERT grads end up running for local government and I don't like that.  I'm not aware of any getting into the military, but I may be wrong.

Their actual activities are sod all - a group of ALERT members will sometimes turn up after a tornado or flood, and get in the way of real S&R teams because their main goal is evangelism.

I'm less worried about ALERT than I used to be.  They seem to be pleading for people to go there these days.  Also a lot of their previous "training" opportunities seem to have been scaled way back.  I don't think they offer flying or diving lessons these days.  

So think Hyper-Fundie-Bible-verse-spouting-Fake-Eagle-Scouts with inadequate weapons training.  That's ALERT.

On the mittens thing:

My daughter was a champion face scratcher as a small infant, and for quite a long time I was a bit gun shy of clipping her little fingernails too short and hurting her fingers so- guess what? She wore mittens a lot of the time. Must make me a bad mother, hmm? 

I don't know, I think there are, as I have said before, a lot more things to "take points away" from the Dillards for than mittens on a squirmy baby. 

I'll never understand that there are colleges and universities where you can pay your way in! Here in Finland, it would be impossible. It's also very undemocratic, and it's not like growing up upper middle class or upper class didn't give you lots of resources already. It also gives you a sense of superiority when you don't have to do the same work as everybody else has to get where you want. 

5 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

To be soldiers for Jesus? 

My firstborn was a face scratcher and also an expert at removing mittens, socks, anything we tried to put over her vicious little hands. She had scars on her nose for years. I have to give the Dillards props for being able to keep mittens on the kid. 

5 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Charlottesville is a pretty good prelude to what they're aiming to do. I'm planning on finding ways to prepare to defend myself, or get the hell out of the country. Like fuck I'm going to live under Vanilla ISIS.

I cannot tell you how hard I am laughing at this.   

"How dare they put mittens on that baby" has got to rank in the top 5 of the most ridiculous and inane Duggar "criticisms" I've ever read here.

Baby mittens. Seriously. I just... what?

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

Something about alert really feels like Scientology to me.

Its the whole cult thing. 

If Jill's "bro"s recommend ALERT then why aren't they posting about it?  Tell folks exactly what they got for their money and effort.

Is Derick going to do IBLP's books?

39 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

If Jill's "bro"s recommend ALERT then why aren't they posting about it?  Tell folks exactly what they got for their money and effort.

Is Derick going to do IBLP's books?

Because they're limited to flip phones of shame and no social media. Because Jesus. And Fuckface.

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I cannot tell you how hard I am laughing at this.   

There were a lot of names like that for the guys in Oregon last year. :pb_lol: Vanilla ISIS, Y'all Qaeda, Yokel Haram, al-Shabubba...

5 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

There were a lot of names like that for the guys in Oregon last year. :pb_lol: Vanilla ISIS, Y'all Qaeda, Yokel Haram, al-Shabubba...

Y'all Qaeda was my personal favourite. :pb_smile:

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

They claim it is for Search and Rescue.  And Bible study.  And "Leadership" (whatever that means) and EMT training.

Yeah, which begs the (rhetorical) question of why someone would go here instead of the various established ways to learn these skills or start careers in these fields... 

2 hours ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

My daughter was a champion face scratcher as a small infant, and for quite a long time I was a bit gun shy of clipping her little fingernails too short and hurting her fingers so- guess what? She wore mittens a lot of the time. Must make me a bad mother, hmm? 

Clipping babies' nails is a harrowing experience! Sounds like a good mom using a sensible solution from time to time. :) 

2 hours ago, Queen said:

I'll never understand that there are colleges and universities where you can pay your way in! Here in Finland, it would be impossible. It's also very undemocratic, and it's not like growing up upper middle class or upper class didn't give you lots of resources already. It also gives you a sense of superiority when you don't have to do the same work as everybody else has to get where you want. 

Welcome to America, land of hypocrisy! It's actually very hush hush and unofficial. Like "we just happened to be giving you a donation at the same time our son/daughter is apply...." I don't think most people are aware this happens to the degree it does at some of the more prestigious universities. Keep in mind that aproximately 1/10 Ivy League admit is from outside of the us so there is a likelihood people from other countries also "buy" their way in. 

3 hours ago, JillsFlowerHeadband said:

On the mittens thing:

I don't know, I think there are, as I have said before, a lot more things to "take points away" from the Dillards for than mittens on a squirmy baby. 

I can't imagine the number of points I lost for putting socks on my granddaughter's hands  because we didn't have access to the mittens in the very small town they lived in - and that infant looked like she was dragged through raspberry bushes face first within two days of coming home from the hospital.    She even drew blood on her father.   

On 8/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

@Miggy: could you please apply your assessment to the orange tyrant (Trump) because according to him everything is great; really, really great - the best.  I'm serious, his vocabulary is significantly limited.

Now wait a minute. That's not really fair is it?

He also says "Terrific!" and "Sad!" with great frequency. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived