IGNORED

Dillards 36: Seating for Family of Four Now

Coconut Flan

On the main part of Quiverful of Duggars is a thread for contacting sponsors/advertising. Maybe we need to go back to letter writing and boycotting, because a LOT of big businesses when they may or may not agree with transgender do not want to jump into that degree of political mess.  

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derick is just, ugh.  However much I disagree with him, though, I would at least respect him to a very small degree if he were to say "We can no longer be on TLC because we disagree with their promotion of transgenders"  I mean I hate that attitude, but at least he wouldn't be a big idiot hypocrite. 

But instead he is willing to take money from TLC and to embark on a sham missionary life, while sitting back in judgment of others. 

Well Derick got part of his tweet right, just needs to be rearranged a bit:

"Derick Dillard - what a moron, living in non-reality."

Fixed it for him. :my_biggrin:

Someone mentioned upthread about accidentally downvoting a post and I wanted to say that has happened to me before too.  I think I have only intentionally downvoted perhaps 2-3 posts ever since that option became available on FJ.  But sometimes i will see that I have hit the down arrow by mistake from my tablet as well.    Do we need a down vote?  We didn't have one for a long time and I think it seemed fine. 

Sounds like he is trying to soften his message  a bit.  JB probably saw dollar signs disappearing and put in an urgent call to the guest house mansion.  Derrick might have to sleep in the warehouse guestroom if he isn't more in line with the brand

Why is Derdick watching TV anyway?  They claim to not watch it.  What an asshat.  He sure tweets a lot of nasty stuff.  He is not drawing anyone to Jesus and isn't that his main thing?  Fuck him picking on a kid.

Transgender is a myth?! It would be more logical to say God is a myth because we do not have any physical proof of God. On the other hand, there are transgender people in the world. Doesn't sound like mythical beings to me. LOL I love the first tweet because it shows how Dumbass Derick's bigotry doesn't necessarily stem from his religion. In the words of the late great Lady Olenna "he really is a cunt, isn't he?". 

TLC should drop kick his ass. Let them truly live on their missionary funds or *gasp* Derick gets a real job again. He is for sure my least favorite Duggar In-law and stuff like this only solidifies my distaste for Dummy Derick. 

I have just seen on TLC that Jackie Evancho is doing a show with regard to her sister who is transgender. I think all of the education between that and Jazz will hopefully give people a good perspective on transgender individuals. I don't think most people are wild about the bathroom issue, but I don't know. It has NEVER been an issue or problem that I havae ever seen because you know if there was an issue it would be headline news. 

5 minutes ago, cptbailey said:

"Him"... :my_angry:

Of course he just had to say him.  Fuck you Derdickhead.  Nonya business.  Mind your own jerk.  Picking on Jazz.  I don't watch her show but I repect her and welcome her into the sisterhood, as I do any MTF.  Except Caitlyn.  She's a rightwing jerk out of touch with the struggles of not so privileged trans folks.  

"I don't hate this person, I just hate who they are!"

Nice cover up there, Pistol Pete. TOTALLY nailed it.:pb_rollseyes:

I'm even madder at the 'him' pronoun in the second, qualifying tweet. :annoyed:   Who wants to bet that Derick felt empowered to spew transphobia because of Trump's transgender military ban? It's ok if potus does it guys.... ugh.

But honestly, how could any fundamentalist Christian with half a PR brain think that this would be a good idea for their brand? It's so self sabotaging. At least Jim  Bob and Michelle seemed to be aware that it was better to sell family values and happy clappy family tripe rather than hateful judgemental fire and brimstone rhetoric.

I hope this gets the Dillards sidelined.

On the Caitlyn Jenner reference...I don't agree with her politics and I think she rightfully got a rude awakening with Trump's transphobia after endorsing him. But I also think there needs to be space for right wing as well as left wing trans folk (excluding bigotry). 

I hope at Joe's wedding they get the Josh treatment. 

1 hour ago, Fluffy14 said:

Miss Aquarius!! I am so sorry I accidently  down voted you on your first post!! I am on a new device and my hand slipped Twice!   I like everything you said and would never have down voted you. I am so sorry. And I don't know how to link your name to notify you. So sorry.

Not a problem! This is my 3rd attempt to try and reply. So many empty quote boxes that wouldn't go away! Hopefully the 3rd time's the charm. LOL

55 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Ugh this makes me ragey! Public schools are not allowed to talk about medicine!  And they must follow the IEP, it's a legal document. Drives me nuts. I think I need to segue into becoming an advocate......

EXACTLY! His IEP was pretty much just a piece of paper in his file. He rarely received any of the extra help he needed. Academics I could try to mitigate, but wanting him drugged was just too far.

The hilarious thing? He ended up completely off his meds. Homeschooling and therapy are helping him learn his own coping mechanisms on his own time. He's had some rough patches, but he's getting there.

3 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

That is truly amazing. When I was pregnant with my third, I could not find a single doctor who would let me attempt a vba2c. (Not bc of circumstances, purely for the number.) When I was pregnant with my fourth, having a vba2c was much more common, but no one would touch a vba3c. Sigh.  

That's why the hospital was so far away from my house. Her office was in the medical building next to the hospital, too. 90 minutes up, 90 minutes home (or waaaaaaay more if we hit rush hour) for every office visit. That was my only regret when the VBAC failed. So much travel time!

The only reason I think she said she'd be willing to try again is because both of my failed vaginal births didn't fail because of ME. My oldest son was a damn line backer! He had (and still has) massive shoulders and was 9lbs 7oz. It was just a size issue.

I'm sure she'd have me on a super tight leash if I ever went for it. I'm not even sure she'd still go for it now that my health has declined. IF (massive if) I ever do get pregnant again, I won't go for a VBAC anyway, but I'd still go to her. She was an AMAZING surgeon. Easiest recovery ever!

As I said, homeschooling my oldest son was the best thing I could do for him. My middle son didn't take to homeschooling, so he started private school in January. My youngest son will start kindergarten later this month. This means my oldest son will get my full attention and I'm eager to see what he can do with my full attention. 

I never thought being disabled would get CPS interested in my family. She actually had posts and pictures pulled from my husband's unsecured Facebook. Very scary how much she was able to pull from it. It was a stressful few months, but much better than my inevitable assault charge had I dealt with that principal any longer. x.x

A Duggar-In-Law being a bigot? -yawn- Nothing new. NEXT!

Guess what TLC/PR firms or anyone who might be reading here on their behalf...

A few Bible verses or whatever, who cares. But to blatantly attack an innocent child on the very same network with sanctimonious bullshit is just WRONG. Derick is not God's incarnate,  nor is it his place to pass judgement on a lovely person he doesn't even know.  Counting On is no more a "reality" show than any other, highly scripted and heavily editted. He had no right and enough is enough already. 

4 minutes ago, PainfullyAware said:

I'm even madder at the 'him' pronoun in the second, qualifying tweet. :annoyed:   Who wants to bet that Derick felt empowered to spew transphobia because of Trump's transgender military ban? It's ok if potus does it guys.... ugh.

But honestly, how could any fundamentalist Christian with half a PR brain think that this would be a good idea for their brand? It's so self sabotaging. At least Jim  Bob and Michelle seemed to be aware that it was better to sell family values and happy clapping family tripe rather than hateful judgemental fire and brimstone rhetoric.

I hope this gets the Dillards sidelined.

Did Michelle get a lot of blowback from her robo calls?   I thought that was actually what set the wheels in motion for revealing Josh's past.    So sometimes even JB who is generally pretty canny business acumen, has let the family go on the record with lightning rod topics.  But,  given that Derick has not really connected widely with the fan base,  going against the brand is not wise for him, unless he intends to stand on his own, with out relying on TLC anymore

Conspiracy theory...

What if TLC likes the idea of a feud between two of their shows because it could drum up interest in both?

@Rachel333. Or finally put the last nail in the coffin for counting on.  I still don't understand how it still goes on without proper money making commercials. 

Just now, calimojo said:

Did Michelle get a lot of blowback from her robo calls?   I

Good point! I forgot about that and it wasn't PR savvy at all. The only difference I can think of is that they probably thought it was local and wouldn't make national tabloids (possibly?). Derick though knows perfectly well that his twitter account will make headlines if he spews bigotry- that's his intention. He probably thinks he's debunking liberal 'fake news' and sharing the Truth about gender, according to his hateful god. 

(Not meaning in any way to offend anyone who believes in the Christian God, just sharing my opinion of the interpretation Derick has of that god).

28 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Well that's a dumb move from Derick.

These are very controversial(and bigoted) tweets. What will TLC do? I bet these tweets will be deleted. I guess Derick wants to lose or quit another job.

12 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Did Michelle get a lot of blowback from her robo calls?   I thought that was actually what set the wheels in motion for revealing Josh's past.    So sometimes even JB who is generally pretty canny business acumen, has let the family go on the record with lightning rod topics.  But,  given that Derick has not really connected widely with the fan base,  going against the brand is not wise for him, unless he intends to stand on his own, with out relying on TLC anymore

I think Michelle made those robo calls a year or two before Josh 's scandals.People were angry, but it wasn't a big scandal. Have you seen Jessa's instagram(before the scandal) or heard some of Jeremy's recent sermons? People expect these kinds of comments by the Duggar. Josh use to work for a hate group.

Maybe the Dillards don't won't to be on TLC anymore. The new season synopsis didn't mention anything about them(I think they were in the trailer). Sam birth was treated very differently than previous Duggar babies. No People exclusive. 

Also, shut up Derick :mad:

Did this ass just miss-gender Jazz on purpose while claiming no ill will?!?

These kinds of narratives are the things that condone violence against transgender invidiuals (I'm taking about physical, psychological and structual violence)Especially transwomen and trans women of colour.

And FYI D-wreck, being trans is a reality because Jazz Jennings is a real fucking person.

What self-righteous little shit.

7 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

@Rachel333. Or finally put the last nail in the coffin for counting on.  I still don't understand how it still goes on without proper money making commercials. 

They've survived a child molestation scandal. I don't think this will hurt them too bad.

4 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

These are very controversial(and bigoted) tweets. What will TLC do? I bet these tweets will be deleted. I guess Derick wants to lose or quit another job.

I think Michelle made those robo calls a year or two before Josh 's scandals. Have you seen Jessa's instagram(before the scandal) or heard some of Jeremy's recent sermons? People expect these kinds of comments by the Duggar. Josh use to work for a hate group.

Maybe the Dillards don't won't to be on TLC anymore. The new season synopsis didn't mention anything about them(I think they were in the trailer). Sam birth was treated very differently than previous Duggar babies. No People exclusive. 

Also, shut up Derick :mad:

I thought that it came out that that the person who gave info about the molestations was upset over the Duggars hateful stance on LGBQT issues  and her robocall.  I thought that In Touch had a tip from them and that was what triggered In Touch's investigation and FOIA request

Also, maybe Derick only just now realized that Jazz was a show?  THey don't watch much TV, they were out of the Country so perhaps he was just in a bubble about things and stumbled on it and was upset by it. 

• Destiny locked and unfeatured this topic

Archived