IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

57 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Well, bless my soul and my deep sympathies to the bride and groom over the usual unflattering photos!  Especially the one where he is shooting right up their nostrils.

These are so bad, eww! The sharpness, the LARGE light fixtures in the background in a couple photos, and the terrible, awful sepia tone make my eyes hurt. And of course, the photos are just unflattering of the people.

One of my friends recently got married and her photos were horrendous. I guess you get what you pay for! 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, freejugar said:

How does one support a family with one photo shoot a year?

He doesn't. He's on the Maxwell's CCI payroll.  Doing something ITish I expect.

He also photographs "products" and "real estate."  He used to advertise family photography too - because you never know when you will die.  

Here's his main website.  He's wiped all the God-speak off it comparatively recently and eased his criteria for photographing weddings a bit.  He used to specify "first weddings only!" 

http://www.christophermaxwell.com/

1 hour ago, JoyfulSel said:

These are so bad, eww!

Christopher's death and doom wedding photos have been an ongoing joke here.  If you scroll through the galleries for other weddings there are some of the worst pictures ever.  This lot weren't quite as bad as some of the others.

He's the World's Worst Wedding Photographer!

Ironically - only for me - we had a family party today to celebrate all the summer birthdays., My cousin's son, who is 7, hit us all up for money....to go towards the expenses of his best friend's family who lost everything in a sink - hole. The ground caved in and their duplex went with it. There are a few kids in the family but I didn't get the whole story. What I got was...a child was raising funds (unplanned) for the family of his bff. He is heartbroken. His bff stayed with them for over a week until the family was given another place to life. 

While it was all family today, my cousin's son had a cause, a motive, compassion and love - all enough to convince us all to give to those truly, honestly in need. 

I couldn't help but think of the Maxwell games. My cousin's son didn't know we'd give or how much; he took advantage of the opportunity, yes, but there were no expectations. His face clearly proved that. He was honestly & sincerely shocked when he was given a whole $20 bill. And so grateful. 

And he was doing it for his friend, someone he loves...not some agenda. 

Fuck you Maxwells. Really, just, fuck you. You don't have a clue what it means to be a giving, loving, caring person. Your version of "Christian" is so beyond fucked up, you deserve your isolation. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, SPHASH said:

This is so Maxwell.  Hell this is Griselda Teri, Wonder Woman Melanie, Amish Anna, Invisible Elissa, Poor Sarah, Goofy Anna, and Scary Mary.

Well... http://www.snopes.com/language/document/1872rule.asp

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:31 AM, SPHASH said:

Oh that patriarchal worship bullshit again.   Will Dad have to be reminded to pick up the pizza.

For the Maxwells it sounds completely credible :P:P

Also, that should read "Dad can feel included too."

The church where the wedding is taking place appears to be called "Hillcrest Baptist Church." Whether they are using the facilities or whether they are Baptist I'm obviously not sure, but the bride and groom at least seem not to be Anabaptist.

44 minutes ago, albireo said:

Theh church where the wedding is taking place appears to be called "Hillcrest Baptist Church." 

Good eye.  I missed that.  Gotta admit I am intrigued by this one.  Can I pick your brains?

56 minutes ago, albireo said:

the bride and groom at least seem not to be Anabaptist.

They are not Amish (obviously 'cos photos.)  Why do you reject all Anabaptists - perhaps they rented the church?  

I'm going by the dress. I'm going to stand by - those guests' caps look very Eastern Mennonite.

Also note the very Amish (or Mennonite) cut of the modest bride and bridesmaid dresses.  I suppose they could be Plain Dress Friends - but Christopher would probably run a mile from Quakers.

Is this some version of "Baptist" doing some cultural appropriation of Quaker or Anabaptist dress. Or is there an element of Messianic Jew? 

I don't know why I am so intrigued by this.  I must just have an overly inquiring mind.  :)

The drapery covering is Brethren. Quite a few of those wedding guests are different versions of Mennonite, and the main liberal Mennonite sect merged with the main Brethren sect quite a few years ago. I would guess the bride and groom are the liberal Brethren/Mennonite sect and the guests are mixed.

"Erasers (not the ordinary pink ones but funky colors!)

Oh poor Sarah, rubbers come in all different shapes and sizes....

13 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah, you, Nathan and Christopher are all over 35. Nathan is 40! While you all are not old, calling yourselves "young people" is.... very odd. Stop. It's just a weird phrase. 

Right! It's kinda awkward to say, she could have just used siblings instead. I've even seen her use 'young people' to describe groups of children in several other posts before. Sarah, honey, just say kids or teens, enough with the old grandma from the 1950s words! Cause honestly that's what come to mind when I read it. 

45 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

"Erasers (not the ordinary pink ones but funky colors!)

Oh poor Sarah, rubbers come in all different shapes and sizes....

This made me snort. Well done.

Sarah! loves! exclamation! marks!

Only a Maxwell kidult (or an Arndt one) would find home delivered pizza "incredible". I mean, pizza is good and all that but nothing out of ordinary these days. Of course, if you are too hung over after a night out then pizza delivered to your door step truly is incredible, but I doubt this is the case with the Maxwells on their first day of school. On the other hand, a beer and vodka filled evening in the best Leavenworth watering holes actually _might_ explain Teri's struggles on their first school day.

I'm not going to do this, but I kind of want to write to Christopher and ask him if he'd photograph an Orthodox Jewish wedding. They're certainly modest enough, I've seen some in the daytime that don't have any alcohol, and maybe dancing that isn't mixed is okay.

I doubt that Christopher would photograph a Jewish wedding. Yes they are dressed modestly but I think it highly unlikely that he would. 

That shot of the empty chairs! the black-and-white doom and gloom! the shots of the flowers rather than the people!

Chris should try doing goth weddings, he does have a knack to dehumanise and morbidify what should be a happy day.

Or maybe he should try a brand-new offering, "funeral photoshoots", for that last picture of your loved one being carried away in their coffin amidst a crowd of mourning relatives who are all wondering where their money goes when they die. The black head-coverings would look better in the sepia versions, methinks.

Or they could give the camera to Sarah, she's not perfect but at least she usually manages to get a few smiling faces with decent lighting AND COLOURS.

Totally OT but I went to a Salvos meeting today run by Chris Maxwell. It was really childish but I giggled every time someone said his name. Laughed out loud when he introduced me to his wife and daughter and told me how hard he is finding even one child. 

IMG_1912.PNG

@Jana814 I doubt it too. My point is more that he really should specify that he will only shoot Christian weddings in his "requirements" page. I mean, he doesn't even specify what his standards of modesty are, which I think is silly.

11 minutes ago, Miggy said:

Totally OT but I went to a Salvos meeting today run by Chris Maxwell. It was really childish but I giggled every time someone said his name. Laughed out loud when he introduced me to his wife and daughter and told me how hard he is finding even one child. 

Hey - we're almost neighbours! *waves*

I would have snorted at Chris Maxwell too. 

Hi. *waving madly* Cool. I'm actually a couple of hours west of you, but we visit Springwood each year to help out at the Vietnam Vets parade. 

You should visit Springwood Salvos next Sunday and meet Chris too! 

2 minutes ago, Miggy said:

Hi. *waving madly* Cool. I'm actually a couple of hours west of you, but we visit Springwood each year to help out at the Vietnam Vets parade. 

You should visit Springwood Salvos next Sunday and meet Chris too! 

That's funny, as I was actually planning on going there anyway next weekend (live 5 minutes away) but only to their store, not the church.

I went past a Salvos church in Melbourne today with a sign that said "Equality is a privilege, not a right" (no doubt passive-aggressively referring to the same-sex marriage postal plebiscite) that helped to remind me why I can't go anywhere near their actual churches. 

Like any church, Salvos has some really conservative people and some really liberal people (me!). I'm quite embarrassed to hear one of our churches has that message displayed. Can you tell me where it was? I can file an internal complaint tomorrow but I'd need to know which Corps it was.

2 minutes ago, Miggy said:

Like any church, Salvos has some really conservative people and some really liberal people (me!). I'm quite embarrassed to hear one of our churches has that message displayed. Can you tell me where it was? I can file an internal complaint tomorrow but I'd need to know which Corps it was.

It was this one:

http://www.salvationarmy.org.au/waverley

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived