IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

Joshua is the same age as Christina. They could have him involved. But perhaps hosting something like this is wimmin's work? 

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, Swift Otter has the balls to brag about their 0% employee turnover. There can't be any turnover when your employees are slaves to the family business. On the "Your Team" page, I wonder if they left out the last name of half the Maxwells so clients wouldn't know they are all related?

On another note, has Tyler Schade (new developer for swiftotter) been discussed on here yet? He seems to be about 20 based on his Linkedin and a carbon copy of the older Maxwell bros: he likes Christ, coding and crossfit. I've always thought Steve would only give away a daughter to a guy who fully assimilated into his cult, willling to work and live on the Levenworth compound. Would Tyler fit the bill for Mary? I wouldn't bet $1 on it, but who knows.

https://twitter.com/_tjons?lang=en

http://tylerscha.de/

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 7.41.44 PM.png

I may be alone in NOT hoping Stevehovah "marries off" his daughters. Marriage, after all, does usually involve some degree of sexual intimacy, and I'd hate to see these young women have to "close their eyes and think of Jesus." I'd rather see them out in the world getting real educations or jobs, perhaps initially living with Aunt Tami or some normal relative like her.

33 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

On another note, has Tyler Schade (new developer for swiftotter) been discussed on here yet?

Kind of.  Not so new.  He's been around for a couple of years peripherally attached to Swift Otter as a developer.  He's a kid from N.H. and probably did 1TonRamp.  I think the Maxwells stayed with his family when they did the Greenfield conference.  'Tis a very small Maxwell world.

54 minutes ago, Hane said:

I may be alone in NOT hoping Stevehovah "marries off" his daughters. Marriage, after all, does usually involve some degree of sexual intimacy, and I'd hate to see these young women have to "close their eyes and think of Jesus." I'd rather see them out in the world getting real educations or jobs, perhaps initially living with Aunt Tami or some normal relative like her.

Yeah, I'd like to see the Maxwell daughters out in the real world, too. But that will never happen. Marriage is their only way out of the house.

This is so Maxwell.  Hell this is Griselda Teri, Wonder Woman Melanie, Amish Anna, Invisible Elissa, Poor Sarah, Goofy Anna, and Scary Mary.

20621761_1776987502330743_3868769251545023175_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

@SPHASH I saw that list you posted come up on my Facebook page. The first thing I thought about was the Maxwell's also. 

That's where I found it.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, SPHASH said:

This is so Maxwell.  Hell this is Griselda Teri, Wonder Woman Melanie, Amish Anna, Invisible Elissa, Poor Sarah, Goofy Anna, and Scary Mary.

You may not dress in bright colors, but Sarah advises in her most recent  blog post that you should be sure to get "colorful and cute" notebooks for the girls, and more "manly" notebooks for the boys. Cos jinder stereotyping is always Lesson #1 at the SOTDRT.

That's a cute photo of little Mary! She's changed quite a bit. In fact all the Maxwells look quite different then to how they do now; Sarah looks the most similar. People either look exactly the same as they did when little or very different. You can just about see the resemblance but for the most part they look quite different. 

Sarah, you, Nathan and Christopher are all over 35. Nathan is 40! While you all are not old, calling yourselves "young people" is.... very odd. Stop. It's just a weird phrase. 

2 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Sarah, you, Nathan and Christopher are all over 35. Nathan is 40! While you all are not old, calling yourselves "young people" is.... very odd. Stop. It's just a weird phrase. 

That jumped out at me, too - but calling them "kids"is incongruous and simply underlines the fact that the fact that their primary existence is below their parents on the hierarchy...

"scholars"....snort! Guffaw. Heh-heh.

Teacher treated One step above a slave (no corporal punishment mentioned.) ... Vomit.  

It seriously pains me to remember that "women's work" in any field has never been valued properly.

The original 3 Maxchildren are young people compared to The Elderly, so there's that.

To top it off, plan a special dinner so Dad can feel included to. Or, better yet, order in pizza. Now doesn’t that sound incredible?

Oh that patriarchal worship bullshit again.   Will Dad have to be reminded to pick up the pizza.

I always enjoy reading Teri's homeschooling hints.  She wrote 5 long blog posts on preparing for the school year.  They are all very repetitive.

My personal favorite is "First Day of School Disaster or Success? "   Her recommendation is "I needed to have a first day of school before my real first day of school!!"  

Plus paragraphs of bullshit about special treats and bribes because schooling is obviously inherently stressful and painful for both children and teacher.

I can sum up in 2 sentences a much easier solution:  "Don't expect to get much teaching or learning done on the first day of school.  It's for handing out books and stuff, clarifying expectations and goals, and settling the kids down to learn for the rest of the year."  

I would rather have a post on what Amish Anna and Wonder Woman Melanie do on the first day of school.

I remember Erika Shupe posting about her first day of school. She KNEW you didn't get much done on the first day, and was able to relax because of it. They'd still be getting used to the new school year schedule etc. They used to get donuts and also got new stationery for each kid. Erika did do "school" photos but I think that was at a separate time. 

I used to read a blog called Grasping Objectivity in my Subjective Life and she is a home schooling mom. (not fundie or overly religious on the blog at all) She would post homeschooling tips that seemed like they were actually good and helpful. She also did things like "my child is interested in X so how I can incorporate that into schoolwork to make it more interesting and pleasant for all of us?" which would take some creativity and effort... not traits the SOTDRT "teachers" like Terri and Jill Rod are known to have.

The recent post on preparing for the first day of school suggests buying "cute" notebooks for girls and "manly" ones for boys. Are there even "manly" notebooks out there? I mean, when I was 7 I did get the ones with exotic cars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc.) but do those count as "manly"? (Full disclosure, I am female.) The photos were always just of the car, usually with a sunset behind it, maybe at a beach. What is a "manly" notebook? Also, plenty of boys in my class liked "cute" ones with baby animals, etc. I'm pretty sure at 7, regardless of gender, we were all quite taken with puppies.

I'm not a big grammar nazi (or spelling nazi) but this? Really??

To top it off, plan a special dinner so Dad can feel included to

When there is more than one thing, there is more than one 'o'. Too. Not to.

1 hour ago, tehfanglyfish said:

The recent post on preparing for the first day of school suggests buying "cute" notebooks for girls and "manly" ones for boys. Are there even "manly" notebooks out there? I mean, when I was 7 I did get the ones with exotic cars (Lamborghini, Ferrari, etc.) but do those count as "manly"? (Full disclosure, I am female.) The photos were always just of the car, usually with a sunset behind it, maybe at a beach. What is a "manly" notebook? Also, plenty of boys in my class liked "cute" ones with baby animals, etc. I'm pretty sure at 7, regardless of gender, we were all quite taken with puppies.

I would think most of the "manly" ones would depict super heroes, professional athletes, etc. None of those are Maxwell approved, so I guess "manly" means stripes and checks??? 

I confess I have a weakness for notebooks, pens and markers. I just bought two beautiful notebooks at Walmart for myself. Each has a paisley print and one even includes an owl. Squeeee!!

Well, bless my soul and my deep sympathies to the bride and groom over the usual unflattering photos!  Especially the one where he is shooting right up their nostrils.

Christopher photographed another wedding.  He seems to do one a year.  Head covering Anabaptists are clearly modest enough for Chris, but is the Bride Hutterite, Amish, or Mennonite.  I think some of the guests are Mennonite but I don't recognise the Bride's headcovering.

http://christophermaxwell.com/weddings/josiah-sarah/index.html

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I would rather have a post on what Amish Anna and Wonder Woman Melanie do on the first day of school.

Distribute the schedule, review it in great detail, and have each child sign a contract?

33 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

They might be Mennonite. 

I'm pretty sure that the guests wearing the net pleated cap with the strings in a loop hanging at the back are Eastern Mennonite.  I'm not sure of the ones (like the bride) wearing the plain prayer covering or cap that ties at the nape of the neck.  

It is an interesting rabbit hole if you want to go down there.  Every group has a different type of cap, and the color of the cap, and the color and placement of the strings are always significant.  Here's a good site:  http://www.quakerjane.com/spirit.friends/plain_dress-coverings.html

They are not Hutterite.  They wear patterned headscarves tied under the chin on top of the cap.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived