IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

Can't help it, but S. Elliot is so darn cute. I think that is pretty impressive for his age, I was eating spaghetti worse than that when I was two or three years older, I'd say :D

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I was eating spaghetti worse than that when I was two or three years older

I still eat it worse than that, and I'm at least 48 years older than Spurge.

Spurgie has really good fine motor skills for a child his age. I'm always impressed. Most of the time it's not taught. He just has good control of his limbs. 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Only snark:  Styrofoam bowl.

and the fork! Give him a proper one, not a disposable one.

Spurge just can't be eating that bowl of spaghetti at the TTH, though; he's topless!  Now I think the nude eating is smart when the meal is extra messy - but you just know that won't go down around Green Shirt!

29 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Spurge just can't be eating that bowl of spaghetti at the TTH, though; he's topless!  Now I think the nude eating is smart when the meal is extra messy - but you just know that won't go down around Green Shirt!

At least it makes sense though. If everything is just going to get messy and Jessa is going to have to do more washing I can't really blame her. But yes, Moochelle would not allow that.

Good job, Spurgie!!

Fyi - clear through preschool, my kids knew that shirts came off on spaghetti night. And no, nobody saw except mom & dad. Then they went straight to the tub.

Spaghetti is eaten in a nappy only here, then straight into the bath for the clean up operation. He has really good motor skills for his age, well done Spurgeon. 

8 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Good job, Spurgie!!

Fyi - clear through preschool, my kids knew that shirts came off on spaghetti night. And no, nobody saw except mom & dad. Then they went straight to the tub.

Smart. It took me way too many sauce-stained shirts before I realized my kid could just eat shirtless if we were at home. Even those heavy duty silicone bibs with the cup at the bottom to catch dropped food were never a match for my daughter's pasta eating skills.

Ok i have to say o don't understand how could be so hard for you (General you ) to eat spaghetti :pb_lol:, did you cut them? 

Anyway i love Spurgie  (uhm after almost two year i'm still mad for that name poor boy)

Well to be honest @Italiangirlbucatini all'amatriciana require to be eaten naked and then straight in the shower  :pb_lol:. Regular spaghetti are much easier to eat, but if nobody taught you how to properly roll them with the fork I can see it being difficult.

1 hour ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Well to be honest @Italiangirlbucatini all'amatriciana require to be eaten naked and then straight in the shower  :pb_lol:. Regular spaghetti are much easier to eat, but if nobody taught you how to properly roll them with the fork I can see it being difficult.

25 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

@laPapessaGiovanna :pb_lol::pb_lol: yeah well you choose the hardest!i've never try to eat naked in the shower but next time o prepare them i will try! 

Eating bucatini naked in the shower...giving me ideas for the next date night? :tw_blush:

My mother always had a washer,as long as I can remember.She hang clothes to dry on a clothesline.In one house,there was this room off the kitchen,I believe she rigged some lines inside,in case of rain.When we moved to Florida,she finally had a dryer,but if the weather was nice,she would hang the clothes out to dry.When I got married,we lived in apartments,at first,and  had to use the laundromat,I hated it.Finally,we moved to a house with a washer connection,and for 30 years,if I had a working,washer,I hung clothes out on a clothesline.Sometimes ,if i went to visit my grandmother,who lived nearby,she'd say,Melon, bring a load of wash over to dry in my dryer.There were times I had to go to the laundromat to dry,if we had a lot of rain.When we moved here,we bought a new washer and dryer.I do hang things that can't be dried or didn't quite get dry.We are not allowed to have clotheslines in our yards.The HOA doesn't allow it.Apparently,they think it's an eyesore.

4 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

I'm absolutely a spaghetti spinner. I break the noodles in half before putting them in the pot (mostly a pot size issue), but beyond that they stay the same size until I bite into them. I learned early on that rolling them up on the fork (originally with an accompanying big spoon to guide them but now I can do it loose) makes eating spaghetti pretty easy and non-messy. I still always wear an apron though...just in case.

I actually haven't eaten spaghetti in years (usually stick with penne ) but there's a picture of me at 3 or 4 with it all over my clothes, and I definitely knew better but wanted to be messy :p. Give the little Spurge props! Then my parents taught me about cutting it or spinning it but I still wasn't about it.

On 8/15/2017 at 6:11 AM, Bad Wolf said:

Mine were manipulating forks well by that age. Someone has spent time with him teaching these skills.

Only snark:  Styrofoam bowl.

This is why Jessa (and I guess Ben too) get some slack from me.  Still completely disagree with their religious beliefs, but from what Jessa chooses to share on Instagram and elsewhere -- I think she and Ben really enjoy being parents and spending time with their children.  Their children seem very well cared for.  If they are doing blanket training, I can't spot evidence of it.  (I really  hope they don't have the heart to do blanket training or any type of punitive "training").  You can accomplish so much more with lots of love, attention, and gentle re-direction.

We have a washer and dryer, but when I am home during the day and the weather is nice, I like to hand my towels and sheets out to dry in the sunshine.  It gives them such a clean, fresh smell!  My grandmother never had a dryer - only a clothesline.  After my dad retired, he started washing his own clothes and would hang them on the clothesline to dry unless it was rainy. 

Apron on for spag bol in this house.

With regards to laundry we have our washer and drier in the garage also a clothes maiden to dry stuff on, I tend not to use the drier to much as the electricity is so expensive

In our old house I was always killing washing machines partly due to a pathetic water pressure so used to use the laundrette. a treat was getting a service wash where everything was washed, dried and folded by the lady in the laundrette, very pricy though, cost about £30 for a weeks worth of washing!

To anyone who ever thought that God was loving, Jessa tells you that you are wrong.

Jessa spent most of her youth either helping care for or teach or keeping control of that long string of  Duggar boys. Willing to bet she has seen everything a rambunctious little boy can deal her.   

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

To anyone who ever thought that God was loving, Jessa tells you that you are wrong.

See this is what I absolutely don't get. I was raised catholic and now consider myself pretty-much athiest. I can appreciate and respect that others have faith in a higher being and I sometimes wish I could put aside my scepticism to get the comfort that others get from having a strong faith, but I absolutely can't understand why on earth some religions teach such a fear of their God.  Jim Bob always mentions his girls have a fear of the Lord and he says it with pride, whereas I would be ashamed to admit that I had purposely instilled this fear in my kids. There's enough to be afraid of in this world already without adding to it. If I was to believe, I'd prefer to believe in a diety full of kindness, compassion and understanding rather than one standing by ready to smite me down for some perceived slight.

I think God loves us as a father but he is not a pushover. He will forgive our transgressions every time but only if we ask forgiveness. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived