IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, seraaa said:

This is absolutely bonkers and I don't know how anybody believes it

I can see it, since Jews being considered white is a fairly recent phenomenon. Also logic and these people don't go together well.

Henry's smile has stolen my heart.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Ok not sure if it's just me, but I'm seeing a whole lot of Michelle/Jinger in this pic of Henry.

They're getting a lot of mileage out of those brown towels.

Henry and Spurge are such expressive little guys. I can see them being partners in crime/a little comedy duo once Henry's mobile.

They're also the worst because I know that the Duggars have abhorrent beliefs and all, but...look at their little faces!

42 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Henry and Spurge are such expressive little guys. I can see them being partners in crime/a little comedy duo once Henry's mobile.

They're also the worst because I know that the Duggars have abhorrent beliefs and all, but...look at their little faces!

I just tell myself Henry and Spurge are too little to have abhorrent beliefs. For now they're just full of love, snuggles, and exploring the world.

Jeeez I lost interest in the  babies ages ago and don't give two hoots about them. Omg. They are just babies. Everybody and their dog has babies.

I don't think I even know Anna'so kids names. I already honestly forgot Jill's new babies name.

Spurgeon is kinda cute but I have seen cuter, Henry is just there. I have a thought though that Spurgeon while cute now might turn into one of those ugly kids. You know cute baby ugly kid Syndrome? 

As far as Jessa enjoying Motherhood?  Sure. At least she does in front of the camera.  Somebody says up thread she knows how to brand herself and her kids . Yep.

What someone posts online can be far different than reality. She might like them little and then when they become howlers not so much. 

It is beyond me why anyone of those Duggar kids want any kids and actually enjoy them.  

Let's be real here. Trapped in a house with squalling infants , poopy , vomitting , teething infants.  Squealing drooling , whiny snotty , bed wetting fevered toddlers, tattletelling,bored, dirty feet, salami licking,  endlessly joking ,  bickering middles who touch all your stuff ,break  and lose everything.  Know it all, hormonal teenagers,who don't stop complaining yah, why do they want that?

Endless days, of chicken pox, flu's, colds, allergies, braces, periods galore. 

I had 4 kids. I love them so much, but when they were growing up I wondered what did I do this for? I was the youngest of two kids, loved babies and toddlers, and couldn't wait for children.

Jessa surely loves her boys. But come on she knows what's coming down the pipe. And I am sure she has a short fuse. Frick that fuse was burnt out by the time she was 13.

She must have private thoughts that envy others education and freedoms. Money and fame can't fix everything. 

I'm interested in the babies because I like data about people. I know this sounds weird, but it's part of the reason I follow fundies. I find the variations in genetics, what they name their kids, number of children, spacing between children, etc. really interesting. I like looking for trends and anomalies, differences and similarities between all of them. 

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the average TLC viewer/fan doesn't have that kind of demographic interest, though.

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm interested in the babies because I like data about people. I know this sounds weird, but it's part of the reason I follow fundies. I find the variations in genetics, what they name their kids, number of children, spacing between children, etc. really interesting. I like looking for trends and anomalies, differences and similarities between all of them. 

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the average TLC viewer/fan doesn't have that kind of demographic interest, though.

Sociology of fundies!  Some interesting studies could come out of that, if it didn't require IRB and informed consent...

(Please note, I fully support IRB and informed consent, it's just sometimes a bit of a drag when one has *exciting ideas*.)

5 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Sociology of fundies!  Some interesting studies could come out of that, if it didn't require IRB and informed consent...

(Please note, I fully support IRB and informed consent, it's just sometimes a bit of a drag when one has *exciting ideas*.)

Oh, trust me, there are so many sociological/sociolinguistic studies I would KILL to do on fundie populations, but I also really like ethics and consent and IRB. I'd really love to do a linguistic study of fundamentalists, since SOTDRT, isolation, and the use of jargon mean that they often have very unique speech/writing patterns. But, ya know, consent and all that jazz.

7 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Oh, trust me, there are so many sociological/sociolinguistic studies I would KILL to do on fundie populations, but I also really like ethics and consent and IRB. I'd really love to do a linguistic study of fundamentalists, since SOTDRT, isolation, and the use of jargon mean that they often have very unique speech/writing patterns. But, ya know, consent and all that jazz.

I totally get that!

I was wondering, since I suspect most of them are reading here (I would be if I had a topic on my family!), why isn't there a "help" topic on this site? Or haven't I found it? Say Jessa reads this, and wants to improve their language skills, or Jill wants to educatie herself about racism, why it give them a "way out" to good news/articles/blogs that are collectes to form a "normal" opinion?

9 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I just tell myself Henry and Spurge are too little to have abhorrent beliefs. For now they're just full of love, snuggles, and exploring the world.

Happy little nonthreatening atheists until the brainwashing begins. lol

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

I totally get that!

I was wondering, since I suspect most of them are reading here (I would be if I had a topic on my family!), why isn't there a "help" topic on this site? Or haven't I found it? Say Jessa reads this, and wants to improve their language skills, or Jill wants to educatie herself about racism, why it give them a "way out" to good news/articles/blogs that are collectes to form a "normal" opinion?

If you wander out of the Duggars forum you will see that there's a politics forum, a racial matters thread, a black lives matter thread and we often talk about education, parenting, history and many other things. Here's a link to threads archived according to topics

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/323-topics/ 

The politics forum

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/466-quiver-full-of-politics/

And here are threads about racism

Anyone willing to dig around a bit can find discussions about all the topics you named.

11 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I'm the same way. Until they're old enough to truly share their parents awful beliefs, I'm going to be blissfully ignorant on them. Ben and Jessa, on the other hand, no free pass!

10 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Let's be real here. Trapped in a house with squalling infants , poopy , vomitting , teething infants.  Squealing drooling , whiny snotty , bed wetting fevered toddlers, tattletelling,bored, dirty feet, salami licking,  endlessly joking ,  bickering middles who touch all your stuff ,break  and lose everything.  Know it all, hormonal teenagers,who don't stop complaining yah, why do they want that?

Endless days, of chicken pox, flu's, colds, allergies, braces, periods galore. 

I had 4 kids. I love them so much, but when they were growing up I wondered what did I do this for?

Wins the Internet today.!!! I knew going into marriage that I was infertile and told mr Four so. We were ok until he got baby lust a few years in. Four kids later... I"m 63 and still have three kids at home. I'm tired and cranky and I want them to be successful and move out.  

I want a smaller house and I want less stuff. I want fewer cars and I want the  Four to have jobs and cats in their own places. I want quiet and I want the tv to myself.. first world problems, I know, but I was content to be childless, 

I am happy to be a mother, but it's exhausting and I'm tired.

When I was much younger and people at work used to talk about "what ifs," and the topic would get to having a second spouse, and would you have a second set of kids, my answer would always be, "HELL, no." More kids, why?????? Another round of teens would kill me, I'm fairly sure.

I never married by choice, but one of my big life regrets is not having kids.

I have nieces and nephews (and actually lived with one nephew from birth until he was five), and I know how much work they are but there is still a very large part of me that wishes things had of turned out differently.

Different people, different perspectives, I guess.

2 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I never married by choice, but one of my big life regrets is not having kids.

I have nieces and nephews (and actually lived with one nephew from birth until he was five), and I know how much work they are but there is still a very large part of me that wishes things had of turned out differently.

Different people, different perspectives, I guess.

Me too. I love kids and so much wanted kids. But health reasons have made it not possible and it probably never will be. 

I've gone back and forth over the years about wanting kids, but the older I get the more sure I am that the answer is no, for so many reasons. I love kids, and in some ways I would love being a mother, and in certain ways I definitely will regret not having them, but it's the right choice for me. I would much, much rather regret not having kids than regret having them.

36 minutes ago, nst said:

screaming diapers

That's actually an apt description, on occasion.

51 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I would much, much rather regret not having kids than regret having them.

Exactly this!  I'm an only child, and we're planning on our daughter being an only child as well.  We're more than content with one, but others are always questioning why we don't have more - "oh, you'll regret it when you're too old to have more kids."  Better to regret not having a child than regretting them after they're born.

GryffindorDisappointment is an only. I lost three others after her. Knowing now what I didn't know then, I'm beyond thankful that she is an only. Raising kids is not for the faint of heart, and it's not for everyone.

For the Duggar girls I just can't understand how a continuous cycle of infants and children would be something to look forward to. 

There was never a break, ever without a small baby or child in their lives.  

Don't get me wrong I adored and do adore my young/grown kids, but there were days that I never thought the barfing, and diapers would end.

I personally just can't see how a next 20 years of babies would be appealing, after growing up with them 24/7.

That is one of the biggest reason's I am happy Jinger and Jeremy have not had children yet. Life can be so full of things other than an infant and you can do things that you can't do with small children. Right now Jinger has an empty plate and she can fill it and feast off it anyway she desires. 

I just think Michelle was a terrible terrible parent for making her girls responsible for babies. I never got a full night sleep for like 8 years. How can you do that to your kids?  How can Jana have to deal with a brother who pees in her bed every night and be sleeping in the next room without feeling guilty. 

How can Michelle know there is a colicky, teething infant in the next room and have a 12,14, 16 yr old deal with it when she lays in bed sleeping?  IF SHE wanted to care for those babies she would have kept them in her room or made a nursery to house an infant beside her room that was her responsibility.

I was so worried and stressed over my kids. I just don't understand at all the pass-off of responsibility.  And then to cunningly be planning another conception.

These things BOGGLE my mind. If you had a mother strung out on drugs or just plain negligent, who left her babies with the children who were a little older, and that child took on responsibilities day and night, how is THAT any different? Those kids would be swooped up and taken by social services asap. 

So what's the difference aside from the drugs, what's the difference between what Michelle did and a negligent mother in another scenario? This is why I cannot honestly see these Duggar girls enjoying motherhood as much as we like to think they do.

And WHAT THE HELL is WRONG with MICHELLE? She must be one of the MOST SELFISH women alive. Who does that, except for really really really dysfunctional women? Who only think of themselves?  That is the bottom line isn't it?

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

When I was much younger and people at work used to talk about "what ifs," and the topic would get to having a second spouse, and would you have a second set of kids, my answer would always be, "HELL, no." More kids, why?????? Another round of teens would kill me, I'm fairly sure.

I always felt the same way.  I love my kids, and the kids of my friends and family.  And of course, in a global sense, I love children and want to protect them, feed them, and education them.  But my maternal instincts are narrow enough that for me,  once, mine were grown, (my youngest has 2 more year of college),  I was sure that I was done.  I look forward to grandkids and will love and will dote on them.  But if I were ever single again, I would not have married or been seriously  involved with someone who still had younger children.  Stepfamilies are challenging enough as it is, without navigating the pitfalls of raising someone else's child.  Especially when their bio-mom is still in the picture and may or may not be easy to deal with. 

I think my feelings on this are strong because I was part of a blended family growing up.  My dad died when I was young and my mom remarried when I was entering highschool.  It was very very hard, and by comparison,  it probably was easier than many blended situations. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm the same way. Until they're old enough to truly share their parents awful beliefs, I'm going to be blissfully ignorant on them. Ben and Jessa, on the other hand, no free pass!

This brings up a good question, at what age do kids start having toxic beliefs? At what age would people in this cult start telling me I'm a heathen and going to hell?

I wonder if all the kids will use the same "parenting" techniques as Boob and OfBoob. Would any of the J'Slaves realize how messed up it is, and grow resentful that they spent their childhood and adulthood raising children?

54 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

and grow resentful that they spent their childhood and adulthood raising children?

Those girls have to be hiding resentment...repressed maybe, but it will bubble to the surface. The more exposure they get to the real world with peers their own age and younger they will soon realize how enslaved they were to Michelle.

When they meet other families with a small ratio of children where a mother can do all the parenting they will realize how unfair/wrong their upbringing was. 

Jinger for sure will be seeing it and hearing it from Jeremy. They are hanging out with regular evangelicals in LA where people are career minded, with small families, etc. Jinger will be exposed to the benefits of small family living.  AND she will see that they can love the LORD, the LORd can be the center of their lives. Women can work, and do ministry, and women are  not only called to be wives and mothers , but ,without the impending doom of making God angry.

IT is NOT the ONLY calling for women.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived