IGNORED

Seewalds 24 - Bought the House from Grandma

choralcrusader8613

I sort of hoped that by buying that little house, that this might indicate they are going to slow down on babies for awhile.  Ben's family is big, but not crazy big.  So maybe he is not as committed to duggar brand or breeding for Jesus as he answered on his 50 page questionnaire.   It is hard to say. 

Perhaps Jessa will see more carefree lifestyle of her sister and opt to limit her family's size.  She is smart enough to figure out how to delay pregnancies.  And I just don't see ben as the type who demands sex from a tired Jessa. 

Seeing how much she enjoys her babies, I just really hope that she will space things out and truly enjoy them.  The public interest in the same person having babies dries up.  No one was all that exciting about Josh and Anna's growing family after the first 2.  And I think by the time Jessa is on number 3, 4, 5 that it just isn't that interesting for the public.  I think people are more interested in the first babies.  But it just gets dull for tv to sustain interest in endless babies.  That is, of course until it reaches freak show level.  Michelle's pregnancies were interesting just for the freak show element.  Once she got to 14 and above, the race to hit 20 kept people interested. 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I sort of hoped that by buying that little house, that this might indicate they are going to slow down on babies for awhile.  Ben's family is big, but not crazy big.  So maybe he is not as committed to duggar brand or breeding for Jesus as he answered on his 50 page questionnaire.   It is hard to say. 

Perhaps Jessa will see more carefree lifestyle of her sister and opt to limit her family's size.  She is smart enough to figure out how to delay pregnancies.  And I just don't see ben as the type who demands sex from a tired Jessa. 

Seeing how much she enjoys her babies, I just really hope that she will space things out and truly enjoy them.  The public interest in the same person having babies dries up.  No one was all that exciting about Josh and Anna's growing family after the first 2.  And I think by the time Jessa is on number 3, 4, 5 that it just isn't that interesting for the public.  I think people are more interested in the first babies.  But it just gets dull for tv to sustain interest in endless babies.  That is, of course until it reaches freak show level.  Michelle's pregnancies were interesting just for the freak show element.  Once she got to 14 and above, the race to hit 20 kept people interested. 

Exactly- and if 19 kids had 19 kids, it would take a whole lot of sustained interest for a very long time-

The Duggars will not have a marketable brand for the long haul- No on cares that Josh has 5 kids, Jessa, 7, Jill, 2...who cares? In fact, even if they all had 7 kids, a limited number of people would care.

19 is freak show. If a bunch of families had that # people would not care as it would no longer be unique.

19 kids with a gaggle of kids is no longer freak show or TV show worthy.

Hope these folks are figuring out a way to earn a living, or investing very, very wisely.

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Even if they weren't using reliable BC, most people, in the RW with 2 little kids and all that comes with that life ( childcare, JOBS, bills, yards, laundry...) are often times too tired for sweet, sweet fellowship 24/7/365, so natural spacing is a bit ex-te-nd-ed.

But with these folks...everything is basically handed to them, including free babysitting- they probably take afternoon breaks for SSFS and naps, while some J younger sister or Jana cleans, cooks and wipes asses, thereby shortening that natural spacing.

What about Michelle, though?  From what I remember, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger are all like 13-14 months apart, and Michelle certainly didn't have any sister-moms at that point.

On 8/21/2017 at 9:17 AM, Buzzard said:

So, historically speaking, Jesus wouldnt have qualified under the genetic lineage that the white supremacists seek to revere.  Sooo... how can you be a christian and a white supremacist if you think youre better than the son of god?

By believing and promoting alternative "facts" about Jesus.  I checked this question out once by reading an anti-Semitic white nationalist "Christian" website on the subject of Jesus' origins. According to them, Jesus wasn't a Jew.  He was Caucasian. Extremists have elaborate conspiracy theories that explain everything.

18 hours ago, calimojo said:

the difference between Jessa and her bro and sister in law is she knows how to market the kids. Plus a whole bunch of other things.... She may be in love with them which I am sure she is but she knows where her bread is buttered and how it will keep being buttered.  I think she sees storylines of her moving into a new house with being 7 months pregnant by the next cycle to be filmed.  

there is a thought she cycles her pregnancies towards filming times.... thoughts? because remember they aren't always filming.... 

I like that theory 

4 hours ago, meee said:

What about Michelle, though?  From what I remember, Jill, Jessa, and Jinger are all like 13-14 months apart, and Michelle certainly didn't have any sister-moms at that point.

Michelle was zealous in those days and they were blanket training/sleep training(?) I'm not sure. They were definitely using the Pearls methods. Sister Mom-ing started with Joy. So that's a slight difference because I don't believe that Jessa and Ben are using the Pearls method. 

I see what you are saying @nst, but she really didn't get a ton of Pregnancy coverage with this one.  The labor yes, but even that was less than with Spurgeon.    From a purely business and public interest point of view, once one of these couples has 2 babies, I think there are diminishing returns with the subsequent pregnancies and birth.   I just don't think babies 3-9 will be interesting.  Once they get to baby 10,  then we are crossing into freak show level and once we hit 15 the countdown to 20 will kick in, If the are even still in the public eye by then. 

Jessa and Ben may very well want 20 kids.  But if they don't, I hope they slow things down.  Enjoy what they have, pop out one every 2-3 years until they get the full house that want.

It is just so deranged to keep having babies in order to keep public interest and a tv show.  Yes,  they fool themselves into thinking they are having baby for the Jesus army, but there is clearly a business aspect to this, which is so cynical and feels very 'unGodly' to me. 

23 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Michelle was zealous in those days and they were blanket training/sleep training(?) I'm not sure. They were definitely using the Pearls methods. Sister Mom-ing started with Joy. So that's a slight difference because I don't believe that Jessa and Ben are using the Pearls method. 

I think that JB and M were really new converts to Gothardism and like many new converts they were drenched in the koolaid.  Michelle has shared that those earlier days were hard, but I think even the suffering and chaos was considered a way to be closer to God.  Subjugating herself in complete service to JB and to her brood was her calling, and the fact that it was making her stressed out and on the verge of a mini-breakdown was not important.  I do think she was getting some help from church friends.

Unlike Michelle, the girls were born into the cult or brought in so young they know nothing else.  On the one hand that means they have been sheltered and don't know much different, but on the other hand,  a person's commitment  will vary if they are an active and passionate convert to a belief system vs. if they are born into the system.  JB and M made the decision to pursue this QF lifestyle regardless of how hard it was going to be.  They felt moved and called by the Lord to do this.  Jessa and the others will bump up on reality at some point, and they may find that they are not at the same level of commitment to this craziness than their parents were to begin with.  These kids haven't really had their faith and adherence to the  cult  tested by the realities of life.  They haven't had to worry about feeding their children, affording rent, etc.  Once they encounter some realities, they may find their commitment to QF, and Gothardism starts to crack. 

I do think that when JB and M joined the Gothard Movement,  that they were sincerely moved and convicted that this was a righteous life.  Then JB rose through the ranks as being "extra special", got some local and state fame and then caught national attention.  And suddenly big money was rolling their way, and suddenly it turned into having as many as God will give you to look , each kid that gets us closer to 20 is bringing us more money.  The pregnancies became money makers.  Look at how the handled the miscarriage after Josie?  Not to diminish the pain from the loss, as I do believe they were genuinely grieving, but then it turned into a whole circus with the big ceremony etc.  Anna suffered a miscarriage and where was the circus tent for that one?   Miscarriages suck, but I think they turned that tragedy into something that just made them more money.  That is what I find repulsive. 

4 hours ago, meee said:

Hence the laundry room breakdown and advent of the "laundry fairy/ angel".

Michelle was a willing participant and seemingly did not know the good and easy life until much later (J'Slaves), do you think Jessa or Ginger are going to be willing to go back to the crappy Life? I don't think so.

Henry is an adorable Buddha baby. I want to nom nom on his cheeks! They sure do make cute kids. 

20989249_1108132349320413_1291559113712560701_o.jpg

18 hours ago, calimojo said:

I see what you are saying @nst, but she really didn't get a ton of Pregnancy coverage with this one.  The labor yes, but even that was less than with Spurgeon.    From a purely business and public interest point of view, once one of these couples has 2 babies, I think there are diminishing returns with the subsequent pregnancies and birth.  

I also think the general public just doesn't care after these people and especially because they are the next generation who feel entitled and think they can baby us to do death with endless discussion.  The fact that Jill can't even think about conceiving for the next 18 months must be traumatic for Jill who sees herself and her little family as different from the rest.  I doubt we will be hearing about endless babies from her.  Does she think God is trying to tell her something? 

Jessa knows what's happening and I do truly think she will every 13-14 months have a baby.. combining with a new house in a year or two.   Now will we care ... not really because it's not that interesting anymore.  She is just an average mother who happens to brand. 

11 minutes ago, nst said:

Jill can't even think about conceiving for the next 18 months

This is not the first time I've seen this. Where did this info come from?

Just now, SapphireSlytherin said:

This is not the first time I've seen this. Where did this info come from?

my estimation that she has to wait 18 months to conceive because of the c section. I could be wrong? Is it less time ? 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

my estimation that she has to wait 18 months to conceive because of the c section. I could be wrong? Is it less time ? 

Google says 6 months. But I'm not a medical professional.

I've only questioned it because I've seen it several times, and didn't know if the Dullards had mentioned that, themselves and I'd missed it or what.

28 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Google says 6 months. But I'm not a medical professional.

I've only questioned it because I've seen it several times, and didn't know if the Dullards had mentioned that, themselves and I'd missed it or what.

I think it's if she wants to try for a VBAC, she has to wait 18 months. In order to give the scar time to heal. I believe that's what someone said in the past. 

19 hours ago, calimojo said:

Jessa and the others will bump up on reality at some point, and they may find that they are not at the same level of commitment to this craziness than their parents were to begin with.  These kids haven't really had their faith and adherence to the  cult  tested by the realities of life.  They haven't had to worry about feeding their children, affording rent, etc.  Once they encounter some realities, they may find their commitment to QF, and Gothardism starts to crack. 

I never thought about it this way but i think there's a good chance cracks will appear once the pressure of finances (esp if the show ends) or childcare craziness become too much. It's great to got a lot of praise for being these model godly millenials and talk a good game but the actual adherence might taper off in time. Of course leaving gothardism only things that they will be run-of-the-mill Christian conservatives, but even that will probably feel less restrictive to them.

Last Henry pic: pensive expression, clenched fist, and solidly flicking the V. Stay strong little one, you've clearly got the measure of this bunch.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:55 PM, Drala said:

According to them, Jesus wasn't a Jew.  He was Caucasian.

This is absolutely bonkers and I don't know how anybody believes it

32 minutes ago, seraaa said:

This is absolutely bonkers and I don't know how anybody believes it

If there's one thing I've learned from the internet, it's that people believe all kinds of crazy, ludicrous things.

On 8/23/2017 at 3:24 PM, calimojo said:

(Snipped) @nstFrom a purely business and public interest point of view, once one of these couples has 2 babies, I think there are diminishing returns with the subsequent pregnancies and birth. 

Unless someone has twins or multiples.

27 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

Unless someone has twins or multiples.

Ugh. Yes. JB will start slipping clomid into the tator tot casserole. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived