IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

On 10/25/2018 at 6:57 PM, FilleMondaine said:

And GOOD ON YOU for ending that cycle. I wish I could hug you.

I think she meant she used to use them as glue...

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Where my daughter and her family live, Ecuador, mothers use zapatillas- She said  Latina moms are constantly whipping those slippers/flip flops off and hurling them at children aged 2+-

Yes--they call them chanclas here. :(

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

The most recent reference on FJ to anyone using a hot glue gun stick as a "rod of correction" that I can think of is in the Gwen Shamblin threads in Quiver Full of Snark. Lori Alexander brags that she used a little leather strap on her children, the Pearls recommended plumbing line, and Cathy Dillard apparently used a wooden spoon. My dad preferred his hand or his leather belt, and my neighbor's mom used a yardstick.

Hopefully all this will be impossible for future generations to comprehend someday, because it will only be a memory. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
clarity
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

My grandmother used a flyswatter, and my dad's brother used a belt. On any of us grandkids/nieces/nephews.

I got the flyswatter once, and the belt never - because my dad threatened to knock his brother out if he (uncle) touched me with that belt.

My granddaddy (I was his favorite) only had to ask, "Where's the flyswatter?" and every.last.one of us kids would calm the fuck right down. He *never* hit any of us.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

I think she's losing her base....not much to report on so she's trying to stir up stuff again so she can be the ultimate, all-knowing, omniscient authority on everything Duggar.  She can't.let.them.go. Needs some more fan worship. 

What a shitty way to be an authority on the Duggars...or anything else for that matter. I think she's power crazy with some sort of twisted agenda. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Don't know where I read this, but Michelle posted that she found a flexible ruler that she used on the kids. People asked her where she found it so they could get one too. She apparently erased it after they became "famous".

No one in my immediate or extended family ever use this on me, but someone else in a position of trust used and it was horrible. I still have nightmares about it. 

5PCS-Double-Side-Stainless-Steel-Measuring-Straight-Ruler.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 1

I don’t like to think about everything I’ve been spanked with. My mouth got me in a lot of trouble. By my late teens I had learned to hold it all in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Pickles is a horrible person, naming someone who hasn't came forward herself and said she was a victim. Yes the name was previously out there but that doesn't mean you name them on a public page. Sam could be telling the truth or might be trolling Pickles. Pickles using the Josh scandal for more views is seriously sick, it is bad enough it happened and I'm sure all five girls want to forget about it and not have it brought up all the time.

I have never been hit with an implement, I was born around the time corporal punishment was banned here in schools. My parents talk about being given the belt at school. Any parent that has something that they use just for hitting a child, in this day and age, are seriously sick. Too many cases of children dying because their parents and carers took discipline too far.  

• Upvote 11

Just want to point out that the Bateses used to promote some of the Pearls’ books on their website. This was prior to their shiny UP TV makeover, but I’m almost positive you can find it on the Wayback Machine. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that they beat their kids just like the Duggars. 

Oh. And also, Pickles is a massive piece of shit for naming the alleged fifth victim and for alleging that her sister was abused as well. I don’t care if her name has been bounced around since the news first broke - she didn’t come forward publicly and she deserves to remain anonymous if that’s what she wants. 

ETA: Oh. And Facebook? They fucking suck too for not having a decent option for reporting bullshit like this. 

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Oh. And also, Pickles is a massive piece of shit for naming the alleged fifth victim and for alleging that her sister was abused as well. I don’t care if her name has been bounced around since the news first broke - she didn’t come forward publicly and she deserves to remain anonymous if that’s what she wants. 

ETA: Oh. And Facebook? They fucking suck too for not having a decent option for reporting bullshit like this. 

The fact the name has already been speculated is even more a reason not to name the woman and saying another sister is a victim without any hard evidence. That is a horrible move and she is doing it for more publicity.  I feel sorry for them both and Josh's other victims because this is being brought back up.

• Upvote 15

I got slapped by my parents infrequently, only twice by my dad. Always with their hands on the backside in the heat of the moment. Tbh it didn't really have much impact on me and their disappointment if I did something wrong was always more effective in making me feel bad. That said I do not and will not slap my kids, despite the treasured stereotype of an Irish mammy and her wooden spoon.

In contrast I got hit with a ruler in school more than once. That fucked me up. It happened in front of the whole class. You had to be complicit in your own punishment by putting out your hands to be hit. There was the dread of the few seconds before the first hit. And if you cried too much everyone laughed at you.

Corporal punishment was banned when I was 7. Happiest day of my early years when my brother told me the teachers couldn't hit us any more.

Edited by EmainMacha
To make clear I don't agree with slapping
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 6

I once got the strap so hard my hands were bleeding.  I was 12 for fucks sakes and didn’t do my stupid homework.  McCauly was the principal, he’s dead now.  GOOD.  Everyone hated his hateful guts.    Two guys broke into the school one night and wrote fuck McCauly in red spray paint everywhere and no one would rat them out.  Fun times.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

On 10/26/2018 at 7:12 PM, Bad Wolf said:

Don't know where I read this, but Michelle posted that she found a flexible ruler that she used on the kids. People asked her where she found it so they could get one too. She apparently erased it after they became "famous".

I remember reading that somewhere too, but I was never sure what she meant by flexible ruler. My mother used to buy my brother and I rulers that you could fold into two and then snap out into one piece - until she realized we'd "snap" them on eachother. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

I remember reading that somewhere too, but I was never sure what she meant by flexible ruler. My mother used to buy my brother and I rulers that you could fold into two and then snap out into one piece - until she realized we'd "snap" them on eachother. 

Idk what kind of ruler she means but my mom had a flexible plastic ruler in her sewing kit - it was clear and super flimsy....very bendy.

Idk if it would have made a good weapon because my mom used it for sewing, not beating us.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Looked on Pickles page for the first and last time, horrible people on that page, thought nothing about naming alleged victims and making up new allegations about Josh and others with zero evidence. Pickles seemed to encourage it, I can see why she got banned here.

She revelled in revealing this information, which in itself is sick given the subject. She is almost Jill Rod level narcissistic.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Looked on Pickles page for the first and last time, horrible people on that page, thought nothing about naming alleged victims and making up new allegations about Josh and others with zero evidence. Pickles seemed to encourage it, I can see why she got banned here.

She revelled in revealing this information, which in itself is sick given the subject. She is almost Jill Rod level narcissistic.

I think that is the part she likes - moderating the comments of those who respond to her. As for FJ though, I believe from others who have been around longer and what i've read that she was banned for having a second account (sock puppet or whatever its called) I dont think FJ bans a lot of people and especially not for what you say lol. That, you have to own but it cracks me up thinking of her trying to win an argument here. By all accounts she was a weird one.

Edited by HurricaneBells
eta
  • Upvote 9

On 10/26/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

What a shitty way to be an authority on the Duggars...or anything else for that matter. I think she's power crazy with some sort of twisted agenda. 

agreed. And somehow she turns every and anything in the news into the Duggars' fault.   I'm no apologist for the family, but she certainly does make giant leaps in logic.  I saw she indirectly blamed what happened in Pittsburgh on the Duggars..especially since they didn't post any "reaction" to it (except Jeremy) on social media.  I find it really hard to believe that the Duggars think what happened in Pittsburgh (or other tragedies for that matter) was a good thing.   Some people just don't post "Thinking of the victims" kind of posts on social media.   I don't.  It doesn't mean I'm not horrified by it. Whether or not you acknowledge something like that on social media  shouldn't be a litmus test for your thoughts on the subject. 

There are plenty of issues I have with the Duggars beliefs, but this is a stretch and unfair in my opinion.  Pickles is just trying to stir up more controversy and attention for herself. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

agreed. And somehow she turns every and anything in the news into the Duggars' fault.   I'm no apologist for the family, but she certainly does make giant leaps in logic.  I saw she indirectly blamed what happened in Pittsburgh on the Duggars..especially since they didn't post any "reaction" to it (except Jeremy) on social media.  I find it really hard to believe that the Duggars think what happened in Pittsburgh (or other tragedies for that matter) was a good thing.   Some people just don't post "Thinking of the victims" kind of posts on social media.   I don't.  It doesn't mean I'm not horrified by it. Whether or not you acknowledge something like that on social media  shouldn't be a litmus test for your thoughts on the subject. 

I have posted about some events and not about others, doesn't mean I care less about the ones I don't post about. On Saturday a helicopter crashed outside Leicester City's stadium among those on board was the club's chairman. I posted on twitter about that because as someone who has worked in a stadium it was close to home what happened, the pilot is believed to have realised something was wrong and swerved to avoid the crowd leaving which probably saved thousands of lives. 

Jessa once posted on September 11 that it was the anniversary of her first date with Ben, people got mad at her over it. We can't stop living because horrible things happened on a certain date. If they all had posted about the shooting Pickles would have found another reason to complain about it saying they have no right to pay tribute because they most likely voted for Trump.

• Upvote 15

I can't remember if my parents ever spanked me... I think maybe as a 2-3 year old once or twice. I know my mom talks about what a difficult child I was a lot. I can't say Im scarred from it but I do think it's dumb. If my husband does something I deem "wrong" I don't get to hit him so I just don't think it makes sense or sets a good exsample for problem solving. My mom however I'm pretty sure had some real serious post partum depression that never got treated, to the point I remember her not getting out of bed sometimes. She still is depressed a lot and from what I know it started around the time she got pregnant.  If course only "crazies " and "wackadoos" go to therapy or take meds so she won't get help. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

You can see her numbers are dropping. One of her followers posted a wedding picture of John and Abbie before she did. Her response why she didn’t post more is because she thinks people are tired of Duggar weddings. No, people are tired of you!

She is just so damn smug. I don’t know why it bugs me so much but it/she does.

• Upvote 3

On 10/26/2018 at 9:33 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The most recent reference on FJ to anyone using a hot glue gun stick as a "rod of correction" that I can think of is in the Gwen Shamblin threads in Quiver Full of Snark. Lori Alexander brags that she used a little leather strap on her children, the Pearls recommended plumbing line, and Cathy Dillard apparently used a wooden spoon. My dad preferred his hand or his leather belt, and my neighbor's mom used a yardstick.

Hopefully all this will be impossible for future generations to comprehend someday, because it will only be a memory. 

Perhaps amazon is scanning everything I look at because I can’t think of why else I’d get this in my inbox. Rather disturbing36DE6D58-8861-4B1B-89BF-07FD2C74BA72.thumb.jpeg.9a95cac740a8e4b5315bf275cb39a558.jpeg

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

Perhaps amazon is scanning everything I look at because I can’t think of why else I’d get this in my inbox. Rather disturbing36DE6D58-8861-4B1B-89BF-07FD2C74BA72.thumb.jpeg.9a95cac740a8e4b5315bf275cb39a558.jpeg

I got a whole email of glue sticks from Amazon too. It’s because I clicked on the link someone provided when I asked what kind of glue sticks we were talking about.

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I got a whole email of glue sticks from Amazon too. It’s because I clicked on the link someone provided when I asked what kind of glue sticks we were talking about.

Yup that must be the same reason I relieved it as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic