IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

I was busy not buying a house yesterday so I missed Lori's shenanigans. To take the subject away from deleted comments for a moment, I would just like to say this: 

I have never had an urge to resent or retaliate against my husband. Not once. I have been annoyed with him. I have wondered why he has to do everything a certain way. I have disagreed with him. But I have never resented him or wanted to "retaliate against" him for anything. 

If people read that post and thought it instructive or relatable, perhaps they should get off the internet and work on making their marriages less shitty. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

OMG YES. My husband is gone often, up to a year at a time (thanks, Army!), and for all the fundies out there spouting off the "we love the troops" pablum, I've yet to see one of them sign on the dotted line. (sorry, that's a rant for another day.) What the hell do they think that the wives of deployed troops do when they are gone? Here's a hint- WE RUN SHIT ON OUR OWN.

Damn straight we do (I did). Not to mention that we have to work at the same time because the military pays so poorly. I never knew how strong I could be until 9/11, because for the next six years until he retired, my husband was not around, and I had to not only work, but maintain the house and yard (the guys at the local hardware store got me through all sorts of plumbing and electrical and paint projects), pay all the bills and keep my sanity when I was sick with worry. 

Members of the military cannot afford to have spouses who aren't tough as nails. I was proud to be an Army wife. 

I think Aunt Lori is really getting more harsh on women these last few months. She's always been sickening but I can no longer even read her page in fun. 

37 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

Damn straight we do (I did). Not to mention that we have to work at the same time because the military pays so poorly. I never knew how strong I could be until 9/11, because for the next six years until he retired, my husband was not around, and I had to not only work, but maintain the house and yard (the guys at the local hardware store got me through all sorts of plumbing and electrical and paint projects), pay all the bills and keep my sanity when I was sick with worry. 

Members of the military cannot afford to have spouses who aren't tough as nails. I was proud to be an Army wife. 

I know you all know I teach on an Army base and I want to give you a shout out HoneyBunny, Army wives rock along with their children! The stuff you all handle, deal with and put up with would sink Aunt Lori in a second.

Read this and thought of Lori's teachings  about looking good for your husband.

"You're not nearly good enough for either God or your husband, so drop and give us fifty -- in between homeschooling your eleventy children, knitting socks for orphans and keeping your house antiseptically clean. And you'd be a lot prettier if you smiled."

Retired Navy wife here..."submissive" doesn't get it when he's in the middle of some ocean and you're home dealing with the kids, the car, all that other shit. 

Submissive doesn't cut it when you have a chronic illness. Mr. Daisy understands that. He knew this well before we married. Much respect to military men and women and their spouses!

I need to go back to Lori's belly aching about women's attire. In my church bulletin today (Catholic) the priest always has a little column.  This week is about telling (or not telling) people what to do or wear. Too bad Lorken won't take a lesson from a Catholic Priest that is also a licensed counselor and canon lawyer in addition to graduating from seminary.  

Clothing changes;  style changes.  Athletes a few decades ago wore knee socks and short shorts;  now they wear anklets and shorts past their knees.  When we’re in church, are there things I like and don't like? Yes. Is there clothing I would prefer and not prefer?  Sure.  But I won’t get dragged into the declaration of a dress code, and I’ll tell you why.  Because I don't think God cares.  Clothing may have meaning to us, but I don't think God cares a bit if we’re there to worship and give thanks.  On the other hand, I could conform perfectly to a dress code, and not have an ounce of praise or thanksgiving in my heart the whole time I’m in church.  One example is a young man, and from week to week I never knew what color hair he would have;  but he was a faithful musician at the parish for years, week in and week out.  Another example is a woman who tried for years to get her younger brother to come to church, and one Sunday he finally came.  He was wearing a baseball cap.  A sincere parishioner came up to him and told him to take off his cap.  He did, and he never came back to church again.  What was gained?  So much of clothing and “style” is merely interpretation – are a  student’s tennis shoes disrespectful, or “dressing up in their best?”  My heavens, lots of us remember when it was proper and necessary to wear a Kleenex or even a square of toilet tissue to Mass as a sign of reverence (because the chapel veil couldn’t be found that morning).  What would we think if we saw that next  Sunday!? When I presume to tell someone how to dress or behave, I may think I’m being helpful, but perhaps I’m just imposing my opinion on another.  This is a more sensitive topic when some members of our worshipping community have special needs or developmental challenges.  Yes, their behavior or their toy may be a distraction;  or it may be what helps them to tolerate the “noise” and “confusion” of being in a very large room with a lot of strangers.  Have I ever been distracted by a child making noise or a phone ringing?  Yes.  Does that give me permission to go tell them off?  I don’t think so;  it doesn't really help them at all.  Might I have to move where I sit in church?   Perhaps, but we don’t have reserved seats, and making the move is a gift to  myself and the other person who doesn't have to deal with my glaring at them during Mass.  All in all, through the years I have tried harder to lean into tolerance and  acceptance rather than making demands that others conform to my way of  thinking; and believe me, I’m still working on it. 

Today the gospel was Matthew 10:26-33.

While listening to the reading it dawned on me that Lori messed up. She isn't a Titus 2 woman (we already knew that!), she really follows Matthew 10:27

27 What I say to you in the dark, tell in the light; and what you hear whispered, proclaim from the housetops.

I think she missed her mark on proclaiming one Bible verse, Matthew 10:27 is totally her (out-of-context) Bible verse! 

BTW- my translation is NRSVCE - New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition because after all I am a heathen Catholic.

@polecat, I think the military fundie rate has gone down some due to the "social engineering" being done by Department of Defense - repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell (a happy day in my career, let me tell you), permitting same-sex servicemembers to marry, women in combat and the whole transgender thing.

Lori would be the spouse who drove everyone else nuts, or expected the FRG to have someone come do her yardwork for her.

@quiversR4hunting, your priest is a wise man.

10 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I know Lori likes the "days of old".  Well, on one episode of "Little House on the Prairie", Ma Ingalls got a shotgun after some wild animals and saved the farm while Pa was away.  That's not feminism. That is pure survival.

I've really come to appreciate Ma in the Little House series as I've gotten older. I thought she was kind of mean and no fun when I was younger. Now I realize that she kept the family together and made sure they had food to eat. I'm sure she wasn't the only pioneer woman in that situation. Women didn't have a choice if they wanted their families to survive. 

And once they reached DeSmet, she was the one who put her foot down when Pa's "wandering foot got to itching" so that the girls could receive a stable education.

Fellow Little House fans - yay!

If you haven't read the biography of Laura's life, it's so very good. Pics of the whole family too.

I didn't fully appreciate their family's  strength and sacrifice until I read this book.

IMG_7693.PNG.6b5deb3767042386712504aeef5e4670.PNG

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

And once they reached DeSmet, she was the one who put her foot down when Pa's "wandering foot got to itching" so that the girls could receive a stable education.

And one time Pa skipped church saying he was sick when he really had to catch up on some work in the field.  Ma and the girls came home from church and caught him working on Sunday.  She let him have it.  LOL

Lori is all over the place in today's post. It's starts off with why women shouldn't be in the military and digresses into what to do if a burglar breaks in to your home. What? 

Lori writes: 

The thing which the husband is specially to understand and take into account is that he is dealing with a thing less strong than himself…

So now women are things. 

Lori writes: 

In past generations, EVERY ONE knew that men are stronger physically and emotionally than women. 

This type of stupidity is precisely why suicide rates for men are so high. 

Then we have this gem: 

If there is a sound downstairs during the night and it might be a burglar, you don’t say to her: ‘This is an egalitarian marriage, so it’s your turn to go check it out. I went last time.’ And I mean that even if your wife has a black belt in karate. After you’ve tried, she may finish off the burglar with one good kick to the solar plexus. But you better be unconscious on the floor, or you’re no man. That’s written on your soul, brother, by God Almighty.  

So even if my husband has a broken leg I should give him first crack at the burglar? If it's written on his soul and I go downstairs first, what happens? Does his penis instantly shrivel and fall off? 

And lastly: (Yes, some men are being raped today, too, in today’s perverted society but it normally takes several men to do this whereas it only takes one man against one woman to rape a woman.) 

Im trying my damnedest not to hate this woman. I've only had one cup of coffee and I'm failing miserably. Does she think that men can only be raped by other men? How does she know what "normally" happens during a male rape? 

Sorry about the copy and paste. I'm on an old iPad. 

Lori's new post is about how godly women should not be in the military. Here's an excerpt:

Should godly women be in the military, police force, or firefighters? No, godly women should not be in any of these and I will try to explain why I believe this. In the Bible, only men were the ones to go to war and they had to be 20 years old or older. 

By her logic, it seems that only ungodly women serve in the military, police force, or as firefighters.

I disagree with Lori. My mother served in the military for more than 20 years, and she is one of the godliest women I know.

If Lori disagrees with the current system, will she discourage her husband or sons from such service?

I lost my temper. It won't make it through but oh well. 

IMG_7028.PNG

@AlwaysDiscerning I am. I was sad to see how Lori couldn't hear the sadness and lack of self love and worth one commenter had. And when people tried to encourage her L. just went on about how she was fine, she was just confessing sin. 

Is anyone following the comments on fb on the article she posted about staying fit for your husband?

That comment with the quote from a book about how wives are an "investment" husbands made on their wedding day literally made my stomach turn. Then the women going on about what a great quote it is and how they needed reminded that they are an "investment" ... never mind breakfast here.

How can women clap over being objectified so blatantly? It's all just gross.

I saw Lori is in Lake George,NY. 

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That comment with the quote from a book about how wives are an "investment" husbands made on their wedding day literally made my stomach turn. Then the women going on about what a great quote it is and how they needed reminded that they are an "investment" ... never mind breakfast here.

How can women clap over being objectified so blatantly? It's all just gross.

That made me sick too. I know Serene & Pearl are daughters of Nancy Cambell so I guess it makes sense. I have the newest edition of their cookbook. it's been a huge help to me on my weight loss and new dr prescribed gluten & sugar free journey. I had no idea they spewed that stuff in their old book. 

I was scanning through many of her fb comments today. Her is one from the 'fearless girl' post

20170626_104207.thumb.png.644586a09943da569e1dcb2f4c75d864.png

20170626_104237.thumb.png.07a8d58fa87aa7f0dfbc8cc400e0ed29.png

Screenshot_20170626-102506.thumb.png.62d87caf03f9627ad3d0a7bfc6d69412.png

Thanks to Lori's post today, I now know that the Judge Deborah was *not* a godly woman. This shameless hussy led an army of 10,000 to an unbelievable victory. Disgusting. Where was her man?! 

As for the moron quoted by Supernova in this lovely bit: 

If there is a sound downstairs during the night and it might be a burglar, you don’t say to her: ‘This is an egalitarian marriage, so it’s your turn to go check it out. I went last time.’ And I mean that even if your wife has a black belt in karate. After you’ve tried, she may finish off the burglar with one good kick to the solar plexus. But you better be unconscious on the floor, or you’re no man. That’s written on your soul, brother, by God Almighty.

Golly, these people are so dense. My husband works nights. Can you just imagine what would happen if I heard a noise, called him at work and said, "Oh honey bear, there's a noise. Can you leave your work, drive all the way home and check it out for me? There's a dear." Never mind that he is actually doing something pretty important at his work, and never mind that it will take him at least 30 minutes to get home. No, I'm a dainty delicate female who just CANNOT.

Hell no. I get my ass up and check it out mySELF. Because I'm a perfectly capable adult human being, and I have children to protect. 

Yeah, I've been widowed a few years -if I hear a noise,  am I going to call the church, you know, who is supposed to be supporting me, or one of my brothers who live out of state and wait helplessly?  Or should I make sure my kids are fine?   Ummm - just like doing that evil nasty work thing, I think I will take care of my kids.   I am so very UnGodly.  No one tell the Sunday School class I have taught for ten years, okay?  

Oh, and I also have my grandson about half time while his mom is deployed again, for the next year.  Her husband is about as strong as she is. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived