IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

"Brian and Lori, This is actually one of the reasons I have struggled understanding the Abigail story in context of being a submissive wife though. I believe the reason we are instructed to be as daughters of Sarah (instead of Abigail) is because Abigail didn’t really behave that way or model it well. She wasnt submissive, she went behind her husbands back and against his authority and spoke ill about him… yes it comes across heroic but it was also rebellion towards her husband. I often wonder if nust maybe she did submit to him and didnt go behind his back and instead prayed for Nabal if God would have stepped in and changed her husbands heart and spared his life, which in fact would have kept their marriage together and Abaigail from being one of Davids many wives… The story goes on to say it was after Abail told Nabal what she had done that his heart failed him and he ge became like stone, and God finally let him pass away 10 days later… to me that’s sad, it speaks volume of the betrayal he felt from his wife, was he very foolish? Yes, scripture tells us that but God can change a heart so It’s a story that perplexes me since it clashes with other passages about the role and godly character of a wife and honestly doesn’t match up, yet God allowed it in his word so I know there is purpose in knowing that story."

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Lori wants to be like Abigail and secretly wants Ken to die so that she can marry someone richer like David. Good luck with that, Lori!

7 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Someone has posted a child abuse hotline on her spanking post. Lets see if they stay up. I think she is overwhelmed trying to "stay on top of it" while on vacation. I have never seen this much staying up for over an hour, 

Since reading Lori's blog gives me a headache with all the text centered, I don't read there very often.  Would you mind grabbing that number?  I'll add it to our hotlines page here.

Ken' s reply: 

Gennie you are correct that Abigal is not the model wife in terms of submission, but she may be a good model for the wife who is confronted with a truly evil man who is imminently putting his whole family in danger. We have spoken to the issue that “submission in everything does not mean EVERYTHING, as God would not want a wife to submit to evil or to participate in evil or endangering her family. https://thetransformedwife.com/does-submitting-to-husbands-in-everything-mean-everything/

The post today is not on submission, but is on the dignity and joyful disposition of Abigal. It may also be wrong to judge Abigal as not being submissive when she goes against her husband and surely saves her men and boys from the death that surely awaited them. The fact that God struck Nabal after Abigail told him of her disobedience surely seems to show that God judged him unworthy of redemption and nothing she could have done would have changed that. To think that if Abigail may have been able to win her husband by finding another way to appease David’s anger is to read too much into the story that is too brief to know anything different than that God blesses her greatly by her willingness to honor her future King. 

There is never a perfect example of anyone in the scriptures except for Jesus. Everyone of even the greatest saints is not a perfect example for us to follow.

I thought these assholes were supposed to be on vacation. 

Apx. 200 more followers more in the past hour. What is going on? Can you pay for followers or is she getting them by paying for boosts?

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ken' s reply: 

I thought these assholes were supposed to be on vacation. 

I asked the same damn question on her FB page as Gennie and she deleted it! 

14 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Apx. 200 more followers more in the past hour. What is going on? Can you pay for followers or is she getting them by paying for boosts?

No way can those be real. 

I just googled "Can I buy Facebook likes?" and found that indeed they can be bought (one site advertises 1,000 likes for $16). I also saw a number of links that seem to say that buying them is not a good idea.  It looks to me like if Lori really wants to keep being able to spend Ken's money on black salve, expensive organic lube, and restaurant meals (which, from what I've seen, appear to be lots of salads), she may want to put away the credit cards and quit buying likes that really only add to her being able to brag about how many likes she has and aren't going to help spread her venom.

On 6/26/2017 at 6:59 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Koala -- I noticed that about the Chat window too and thought I'd somehow unintentionally started following her (never, oh  no never, never, ever).

Same thing happened with that damned Nog woman.  Click on her page and it wants me to chat.  I click and move the mouse ALLTHEWAYTOTHELEFTREALQUICK.

Stupid FB.

I'm wondering now if leaving these comments up is some sort of new tactic to prove us all wrong. But then again she is deleting them from latest post. I'll admit some of them are just stupid and probably should be deleted. 

Like this but I can appreciate the humor lol. It probably has better reviews than her book.

59531f1b65c6d_2017-06-2723_13_05.thumb.png.1d12321f49189228b14cbac98e3f647e.png

Also, where has her fan club gone. I hardly see any of them replying to all the naysayers or defending her.

Pure speculation, but I wonder exactly how much that 25 million people reached cost her... Facebook says that I can reach about 1.2 million American Christian adults with incomes between $50-150k/yr for the bargain price of $9500.

The amount it costs definitely varies with the audience, but hers can't be TOO specific to include 25 million people.

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

It's against the terms of services like Facebook, but there are definitely people who pay for followers (beside the legitimate ways that people pay to boost a post to a wider audience). Generally speaking, it involves a sharp uptick in followers and eventually a drop off as the fake accounts get identified and scrubbed by the service. At which point, there's no recourse besides buying more sketchy fake followers because what they're doing is against the rules in the first place. (I won't make any guesses about particular cases, this is just a generalization of how it happens.)

I wonder how many of the new likes are from people who have started to hate-read her. I've recently seen her posts shared in several groups I'm part of (for the purpose of criticism, not agreement), and not all FB likes indicate actual liking.

I don't get the big deal about filling your partner's plate? When I cook I fill my husband's plate and ask him to tell me when to stop. It's just a thing I do without thinking. Because of my chronic pain issues he's always doing things for me like getting me a drink or heating up my wheat bag (which I use to help with the pain) because he knows it's painful for me to get up and do it myself.

The bible says marriage should be a partnership where each partner supports the other.

Lori always makes mountains out of molehills.

8 hours ago, onemama said:

Trey is back. On the divorce fantasy world post he says:

No, my dear Trey, chorizo is a spanish sausage, not a greek word.

Trey is not completely wrong

Spoiler

IMG_20170628_075806.thumb.jpg.86771623adff8165b90baa877a8cc90d.jpg

Sorry my dictionary is in italian, believe me that it means "to separate", "to divide". He trasliterated it wrong though. The first letter is a "khi". It doesn't sound like "ch" in spanish, but like "ch" in italian meaning an harsh guttural sound "k" followed by an aspiration "h".

It has the same root of the word "khorís" that means "without" and of the word "khora" that means "place", "space", "room", "country", a place limited limited and separated by borders.

Spoiler

IMG_20170628_080649.thumb.jpg.916edeecf974585e07bd4683ae81d5d3.jpg

IMG_20170628_080834.thumb.jpg.782a402d05a7f8174b58836683d55ead.jpg

Oh boy. The next time anyone mentions chorizos to me, I'm going to make a fool of myself laughing for no reason I can explain. :pb_lol: (Most of the chorizos around here are Basque. I'm not sure how much they differ from Spanish ones, since the Basque region covers the Spanish/French border.)

Sheila Wray Gregoire is done with her modesty series on the blog, I think, but today, she shared this wonderful link... http://thesaltcollective.org/modesty-whensuitsbecomestumblingblock/ 

Don’t these men have any self respect? Do they even understand how their clothing affects me? I wonder what is going through men’s heads when they decide to dress this way. All I know is that when a man wears a nice suit with pants that are juuuust tight enough, I will notice.

I tried watching Lor's Video on Immodest Women, but I couldn't. It's just not fun to listen to her talking in that dark living room. 

How can you spend less than you earn if you don't budget? I don't get this. 

Ken must be earning a LOT these days because her version of being careful with money looks nothing like my reality. 

IMG_7054.PNG

What a snobby response about budgeting. It implies that only dumb or poor people budget. She is saying we have been wise about money unlike most people so don't need to budget.

There are 9 negative amazon reviews since June 22, lol. Yeah, that worked out real well for her. Probably most people had forgot about the book and posting her little poor me rant just motivated people to review. The 1 stars are now slightly ahead of 5 star.

Oh, really?

Lori Alexander:

No, we've never needed to budget since we've always been careful to not spend more than he makes, even when we made very little.

Lori Alexander (quoting Laine's Letters):

A good budget is a necessity. 

In another post, she says:

It was during this time that Ken and I argued about money. I finally asked him to give me a budget and he did. 

It's a never ending series of lies. 

Kind of reminds me of her rant on granite counter tops.  You know...the ones she went on before she destroyed her counter tops in order to get granite counter tops.

Spoiler

You don't need granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and brand new cars. Learn to live simply and within your husband's income. Be content with buying needs instead of getting wants.

Ken always thought I wanted granite counter tops in my kitchen with gorgeous stainless steel appliances. I don't. I never have but after watching that show, I realized if I did get those counter tops and appliances, they wouldn't make me any happier.

Maybe I've got some time to spare to write a review too :D Since I've actually read it, I don't think there's anything wrong with adding a review. 

Oh my! I just read through the comments on her video on modesty (the one she did in the dark).  You have got to check them out. I can't believe they are still there, and I can't screenshot them right now. 

@KoalaGood find! Its exactly that kind of stuff I love for my tumblr...so I took the liberty....

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/162356279024/lori-alexander-transformed-wife-lies-about

Its so amazing really. And it was only a year ago she talked about having a budget. 

@Curious Here is the hotline that was posted

The Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse. Serving the United States, its territories, and Canada, the hotline is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with professional crisis counselors who, through interpreters, can provide assistance in over 170 languages. The hotline offers crisis intervention, information, literature, and referrals to thousands of emergency, social service, and support resources. All calls are confidential.

It's crazy she seems to be very selectively deleting only certain comments. On the military post she leaves other women up sharing thier military story but deleted this one

Screenshot_2017-06-28-07-14-39.png

Screenshot_2017-06-28-07-14-52.png

44 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh my! I just read through the comments on her video on modesty (the one she did in the dark).  You have got to check them out. I can't believe they are still there, and I can't screenshot them right now. 

Oh, my! is right! :pb_eek:  I've noticed that once her posts get buried down the page, she doesn't seem to go back and check her notifications on them, and sometimes the comments are pretty rich. This one really takes the cake, though! :pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived