IGNORED

Stockdale family murders

JermajestyDuggar

53 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I've been saying that I'm old and senile since I was about 25. Is there a proper age for that?

The proper age is ten years older than me. It is *always* ten years older than me. Haha.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

I will admit, that was my first mistake.  I googled to see what was being said about the Stockdales, hit on your site, and read some of the thread.  I was incensed and so requested an account so I could try to clear up some of the misconceptions.  I didn't think to read the rules (at first) because I didn't realize there would be rules and regulations.  If I ever post anywhere, it is on a newspaper editorial or such, and there aren't any rules...you just post.  I hadn't thought about it before I did it.   So I started off on a bad note, and it kept getting worse because no one would give me the benefit of the doubt.    

FWIW, this is a surmountable problem. There is a poster that is a well loved poster now that had a very rocky start. I couldn't stand her, and I believe the 'most annoying poster ever' title was thrown around for this person. They learned from what went wrong to start, and now are beloved, and, personally, one of my favorite people on FJ.

I have a shitty memory for drama. Rocky starts or minor dust-ups are forgotten quickly, because frankly I don't have the interest in holding a grudge against posters. Spend time reading and learning about FJ and how to interact, and what our established culture is, read the rules, and you can easily move past this initial rough start.

That said, no one here will give you the benefit of the doubt in the way you are saying. We take the words you write, not what you intended to write, so choose your words carefully. Misunderstandings happen, and most everyone here has been involved in one, but constantly saying you didn't understand my words when they are clearly what you wrote isn't going to work.

22 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

If your rum is Malibu, do Malibu and lemonade. My new favorite drink

I freeking LOVE Malibu, but tonight I'm drinking Bacardi in honor of my beloved Puerto Rico, which is currently well fucked. </3

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I freeking LOVE Malibu, but tonight I'm drinking Bacardi in honor of my beloved Puerto Rico, which is currently well fucked. </3

I forgot to say, pink lemonade with Malibu.

Yes, poor Puerto Rico. My co-worker still has family there and he has a cousin in Mexico City who's apartment collapsed during the earthquake. Bacardi and coke is one of my favs.

****honest I'm not an alcoholic! I just waited tables forever and enjoy a good drink :)

7 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Yes, poor Puerto Rico. My co-worker still has family there and he has a cousin in Mexico City who's apartment collapsed during the earthquake. Bacardi and coke is one of my favs.

I still have a bunch of friends I haven't heard from. I managed a 90 second phone call with my best friend this morning, and they are ok, but the house has damage and they have no utilities. Phones have been out since then. I haven't talked to a couple of other friends at all. Calls don't go through.

Mexico City is hurting my heart because so much devastation, but it's less immediate for me than PR. I cried at the little girl getting pulled out a little bit ago though. 

4 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

Destiny, I sent you a pm.  

I saw it. I'll respond shortly. I got distracted by dinner.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Guys, I’ve had a really shitty couple of days, and I’m contemplating my alcoholic beverage choices for tonight. Hit me with a good recipe. And GO.

Edit: I have rum, apple rum, peach rum, jack, and vodka available.

Next time you are in this position, you could make a Greyhound with vodka and grapefruit juice, if you like grapefruit juice. I think a Greyhound is usually made with grapefruit juice and gin, but the one time I tried one, it had vodka. I was nice.

Well this certainly wasn't a thread I expected to be 'hot'. I thought it died a couple months back :my_dodgy:

Anyway, it's managed to keep me awake reading and it's now 4am. 

Oh and special thanks to @Destiny and @Palimpsest (I think it was you two anyway) who have made wine and vodka (I haven't had either in months) sound enticing at FOUR IN THE MORNING. 

18 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Next time you are in this position, you could make a Greyhound with vodka and grapefruit juice, if you like grapefruit juice. I think a Greyhound is usually made with grapefruit juice and gin, but the one time I tried one, it had vodka. I was nice.

I love grapefruit juice ...just not a big fan of spirits...I think I have a half bottle of vodka somewhere...

Just now, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I love grapefruit juice ...just not a big fan of spirits...I think I have a half bottle of vodka somewhere...

Vodka grapefruit is bloody delightful.

I decided to go with a double shot of apple rum on the rocks, if you are keeping score at home. Luna isn't allowing me to drink it because apparently she needs her head kissed, but it's sitting there if I have time.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Guys, I’ve had a really shitty couple of days, and I’m contemplating my alcoholic beverage choices for tonight. Hit me with a good recipe. And GO.

Edit: I have rum, apple rum, peach rum, jack, and vodka available.

When in doubt, go with a classic.  If you have OJ, have a screwdriver.  Grapefruit juice?  A greyhound!

1 hour ago, TisaWee Farm said:

If I ever post anywhere, it is on a newspaper editorial or such, and there aren't any rules...you just post. 

I know @Destiny didn't say this, but quoting fucked up and I can't be arsed to fix it.

Anyway @TisaWee Farm trust me when I say that newspapers and virtually every other site that accepts comments has rules.  They may not be easy to find or clearly announced, but they all have rules.  They all have ToUs and privacy policies as well (because they are required by law).

Free Jinger did not have the proper documentation for years, but that changed when I became owner.

@Seahorse Wrangler,  Hee Haw was a variety/sketch show that came on CBS starting in 1969.  It was inspired by Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In except that Hee Haw was country themed and not so topical and political.  The guys in that "Gloom, Despair" sketch were Roy Clark, Grandpa Jones, Gordie Tapp and Archie Campbell.

Here's a little clip from one of the customary sketches on Laugh-In:

In the cocktail party, are Ruth Buzzi as Gladys Ormphby, Joey Bishop, Arte Johnson, Henry Gibson, Joanne Worley and Goldie Hawn talking to Sammy Davis, Jr.  Goldie Hawn is still acting as are most of the other players.  Joey and Sammy were considered part of the "Rat Pack and have died as has Henry Gibson.

@Destiny once upon a decade or three ago I worked in the student bar when I was studying at university. If we poured a spirit by mistake it was tipped into a jug in the fridge. At the end of the shift we topped it off with Blue Curaçao to make it pretty and lemonade (Sprite) to make it sweet & bubbly. One straw each and race you to the bottom.

Now I'm not advocating that you should try that, but I think we enjoyed it. My memory is hazy lol. Can't have been too horrendous because it happened every week.

LOL! We used to do that as kids with soda. We called it suicides I think (which in retrospect is probably not ok. I'll have to think more about that), and I remember it being OMFG sweet and kinda gross. Is it wrong that I am kinda tempted to try it one of these days?

I loved Ruth Buzzy.  I was never a big hee haw fan as a kid, but do enjoy the repeats on Nick at Night or whatever channel they are on at dark o'clock in the morning

21 minutes ago, Destiny said:

LOL! We used to do that as kids with soda. We called it suicides I think (which in retrospect is probably not ok. I'll have to think more about that), and I remember it being OMFG sweet and kinda gross. Is it wrong that I am kinda tempted to try it one of these days?

I think we called the alcoholic version "Hairy Buffalo" when I was in college.   We got a big wastebasket and everyone just dumped in their favorite spirits.  Now that I look back at it..... ewwww.   But it was fun at the time.   

Just now, TisaWee Farm said:

I think we called the alcoholic version "Hairy Buffalo" when I was in college.   We got a big wastebasket and everyone just dumped in their favorite spirits.  Now that I look back at it..... ewwww.   But it was fun at the time.   

LOL! We all did things in college we regret. Come to think of it, I remember doing something like that even more recently than college, albeit not recently. I'm all old and boring and don't mix anymore. 

3 minutes ago, jojo said:

Is Jacob Stockdale still hospitalized in Cleveland?

No, he is not.  

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

LOL! We all did things in college we regret. Come to think of it, I remember doing something like that even more recently than college, albeit not recently. I'm all old and boring and don't mix anymore. 

I may grow old, but I refuse to grow up!

1 minute ago, TisaWee Farm said:

I say the same, then I stand up, and my old lady hips and knees say excuse me, you are in fact old. :-P

I'm still to young to watch horror movies though. I have to wait till I grow up. 

7 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

No, he is not.  

Welcome! Thank you for the update. Sorry it took a little bit of pushback but this site has a history of people pretending to be someone they are not to take advantage of others. I may have been off about some of my assumptions but there were a lot of things that made you sound credible to me.

What was your opinion about Jacob prior to the event? Did he ever display potential warning signs of mental health problems?

What I would like to know is if Jacob Stockdale has recovered or is ever likely to recover enough mental capacity to shed light on his horrific actions.  I don't think there's anyone else, including surviving family members, who could possibly come up with a complete explanation. This seems to have been a family where even some of the people living under the Stockdale roof didn't know everything that was going on.

2 hours ago, VVV said:

What I would like to know is if Jacob Stockdale has recovered or is ever likely to recover enough mental capacity to shed light on his horrific actions.  I don't think there's anyone else, including surviving family members, who could possibly come up with a complete explanation. This seems to have been a family where even some of the people living under the Stockdale roof didn't know everything that was going on.

I found an article from today here that discusses trial complications.  It sounds like Jacob is still in the hospital and may require extensive medical care going forward. 

Stockdale has been hospitalized for months after he allegedly attempted to kill himself at the scene of the crime. Jones said he hasn’t received an update on his medical condition, but that wouldn’t impede the presentation of charges.

Jones, however, could not say whether Stark County Jail could adequately care for Stockdale if he became incarcerated there. If the jail cannot care for him, Jones said other arrangements could be made.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived