IGNORED

Stockdale family murders

JermajestyDuggar

1 minute ago, TisaWee Farm said:

The first civil question I've had (although maybe you are being patronizing and I don't recognize it).  LOL
I'm guessing most of you are in your 30 or 40s.  

I wasn't being snarky, I have found that many people stumbling in here don't realize the age range of our members. I honestly don't know what the average age is, but I highly doubt we are as young as you think. 

Anywhoo, if you want to prove you are the real deal, contact one of the admin. If you don't, well that is fine, but no one is obligated to believe you are a family friend. And IMO even if you are, you came off as an unreliable narrator, plus no one actually knows what goes on in a family unless they actually live in the house with them. 

I don't drink but here is some Hee Haw. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

For your information, I did read the rules and guidelines.  Oh wait, you said "fucking rules"... I believe I already know how, so didn't read those rules... where are they?   (And you are an administrator??  Oh geesh....)

CLutch the pearls, someone used adult language on an adult forum where you have to be an adult to read!

(aside, You do realize that I threw in a small amount of snark, then a genuinely helpful paragraph in my post.  I'd personally recommend taking a deep breath, realizing that some people like to use adult language, and see if there's a strong possibility that you'rethrowing out all sorts of lovely dimpled fat abies with our filthy swearword bathwater) 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Anywhoo, if you want to prove you are the real deal, contact one of the admin. If you don't, well that is fine, but no one is obligated to believe you are a family friend. And IMO even if you are, you came off as an unreliable narrator, plus no one actually knows what goes on in a family unless they actually live in the house with them. 

If all of the administrators are the same as Destiny, I think I'll pass.  Close-minded... no thanks.  They won't believe a thing I say anyway, so why try?

3 minutes ago, dawbs said:

CLutch the pearls, someone used adult language on an adult forum where you have to be an adult to read!

(aside, You do realize that I threw in a small amount of snark, then a genuinely helpful paragraph in my post.  I'd personally recommend taking a deep breath, realizing that some people like to use adult language, and see if there's a strong possibility that you'rethrowing out all sorts of lovely dimpled fat abies with our filthy swearword bathwater) 

Ok, failed again.  I thought I was being funny... the swear words didn't bother me.  It was just funny that I read it as "fucking rules".  And I thought, "I didn't know there WERE rules for that, too!"   But if you have to explain it, I guess it isn't funny any more. 

I've been saying that I'm old and senile since I was about 25. Is there a proper age for that?

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Wherein you clearly prove you did not take the time to get to know FJ before wandering in and telling us we are all wrong, and make my point for me.

I am still AMAZED that back when the internet was new, "netiquette" required 'lurk before posting' to understand the board culture.
But some people still seem to think that the invisible standards in their head are universal and we should follow them.

WHich pisses me off.  As someone who works with the public and small children, I actually can be pretty damn prim, because heaven help me if I swear in front of wee little kids.  But being told (or implied) that I shouldn't say fuck just makes me want to say fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, and put an extra fuck in my 1994 word art.

Hee Haw Rules.

I need to do a Womble Allegretto.  If you Minuetto Allegretto you will live to be old.

1 minute ago, TisaWee Farm said:

If all of the administrators are the same as Destiny, I think I'll pass.  Close-minded... no thanks.  They won't believe a thing I say anyway, so why try?

@Destiny is practically a fluff ball of sweetness and honesty. I have total confidence that if you provided her with evidence that you are actually a family friend then she would believe you and would verify it. She may find you an annoying twit, but she would verify that you are who you claim to be and keep your identity a secret. 

3 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

Ok, failed again.  I thought I was being funny.  

see, this is probably where you're losing us.

One moment you say you're trying to be funny, the next you're saying we're close-minded and all that jazz.

If you want to use sarcasm and wit, then get some and use it.  If you want to be serious, get some of that and use it.  But, from a ordinary poster non-mod standpoint, it's very 'make up your damn mind".

(also, if NONE of us are picking up what you're laying down, just a hunch that it's not a group reading comprehension problem.)

I responded to each individual post.  One was funny, so thought I made a witty reply (which obviously came across as criticism of using "fuck" which was not what I intended.  Of course, since you already analyze everything I say, you weren't expecting that and didn't give me the benefit of the doubt).   Another post criticized me, so I commented that I saw no use in asking for favors (verification) from someone who obviously doesn't like me, trust me, or believe me.    

Am I only allowed to respond to posts in a particular vein?  (being sarcastic here...just in case you didn't catch that).  

12 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I've been saying that I'm old and senile since I was about 25. Is there a proper age for that?

To be old and senile?  Probably 10 years older than whatever you already are.  At least that's what I always tell myself. 

OK...sorry again because I'm too stupid to understand (your words, not mine).  WHY did it merge my responses?  That's why you complained before about me being funny and serious all in the same message.  I hadn't intended it that way.  I thought it was two separate posts, but then it merged them. 

I am still AMAZED that back when the internet was new, "netiquette" required 'lurk before posting' to understand the board culture.
But some people still seem to think that the invisible standards in their head are universal and we should follow them.

As far as I know, it still does, but apparently not everyone does that these days, because if they did, they would know that me saying fuck a lot is practically a trademark. They would also know that you are expected to own what they say, and the words they use. Maybe they would even know the bits in the rules that explain how verification works and what it’s for.

a10622784d0c0fee30ad5660d1ffe790.jpg

21 hours ago, TisaWee Farm said:

Sorry I stirred up your nice little happy home.  Outta here.

Thought you left. 

As an FYI, repeatedly threatening to flounce will incur sanctions.

Also as an FYI, there are no allowances for whining about people saying "fuck" to you and calling you out on your asshole behavior as described in your very own words.

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:
[mention=11277]Destiny[/mention] is practically a fluff ball of sweetness and honesty. I have total confidence that if you provided her with evidence that you are actually a family friend then she would believe you and would verify it. She may find you an annoying twit, but she would verify that you are who you claim to be and keep your identity a secret. 

For the record, this is true. Admin!Destiny would do her job and do the verification and never ever share real life details, because those are the rules and I firmly believe in the rules. Poster!Destiny may not like what you say, but that has nothing to do with issues like real life identity and verification.

If you wish to move forward with verification, I will happily help with that.

Both versions of destiny will continue to say fuck a lot. There’s a reason that @Carm_88 made completely true joke about “fuck was her favourite word” being on my tombstone.

ETA: Not so sure about the sweet part though LOL.

57 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

Ok, again I'm clueless as to what you are saying.  What is "outing" myself?   If I get myself verified, doesn't it just mean that I've spoken privately to someone in charge that will verify that I'm who I say I am?  They would not be sharing what I've told them in order to "verify" ... whatever that is.   I don't intend on stating my relationship publicly, nor really sharing much more information than what I've already shared.  I'm just trying to clear up some things that are damaging to the reputation.  

And now that I've written that, and thought about what I wrote, I guess what does it matter?  YOU shouldn't matter to me or what you think.  I was just lashing out at people that sit smugly in front of a computer and bash that which they don't know about or have all the facts.  

Ok, first, if you want to have conversations, DON"T EDIT YOUR POSTS to add info.
Write new posts.  
Because we don't go back and read posts that way, so nobody is seeing the shit the way it should be seen.

Which is also why nobody can get what the fuck you're saying, because you're garbling your answers so they're coming out of order, so you seem even more incoherent than you might otherwise.

As far as 'outing yourself'--If you want to, in some way, verify you know the family, then you can contact the mod team and provide info, and they can verify whatever level you want--I am in NO WAY suggesting you have to do that, just that it's an option.
But on the OTHER side of the coin, I personally would NOT be verifying the level of information you have (inadvertently or intentionally) provided here.  You haven't just said you know the family, by giving the amount of info you have,  have all but given us your address.  THat's....just not a good idea.
Not much to do about it now, but, I clearly recommend being more cautious with your personal private information.  

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

As far as I know, it still does, but apparently not everyone does that these days, because if they did, they would know that me saying fuck a lot is practically a trademark. They would also know that you are expected to own what they say, and the words they use. Maybe they would even know the bits in the rules that explain how verification works and what it’s for.

How many times do I need to explain that I wasn't complaining about you saying "fuck".  Hell..... fuck, fuck, fuck.  Are you happy now???   I was trying to make a joke and fit in, except it didn't work.   And now everyone thinks I'm a goody-two-shoes that doesn't like people using curse words.  

And I DID read a lot of the rules and such (and there are an awful lot of them so probably didn't see all of them).  I didn't see how to request verification.  Just mentions that you should do so.  If someone could tell me HOW to do it instead of just saying "get yourself verified", it would make it easier for those of us who aren't familiar with forums.  And I apologize for being new, but I'm guessing you all were, too, at some point. 

@TisaWee Farm, If you don't trust the admin, that is fine. Just don't be shocked when about one person believes that you are actually a family friend. 

It would have been wise to learn the forum culture just a bit so you would have started off realizing that when you say things like  you temped children to eat food you know their parents didn't allow,  people weren't going to be able to translate that into "I served food at a social setting that they couldn't eat, but there was food served they could eat." How were we supposed to get the latter from the former? 

@TisaWee Farm, I DID tell you how to get verified! Just pick an admin and contact them with your personal info and a way they can verify that you are who you really say you are. 

2 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

If someone could tell me HOW to do it instead of just saying "get yourself verified", it would make it easier for those of us who aren't familiar with forums. 

3 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

And I apologize for being new, but I'm guessing you all were, too, at some point. 

I lurked FOREVER and was terrified to make my first post and spent forever writing it to make sure I didn't violate some sort of unwritten rule. At that point there were no written rules, you just had to figure the shit out yourself. It was a hell of a lot scarier back then! 

And please, take @dawbs advice and be very, very careful with what you put in the public that could lead back to your actual name and address. We all have no idea who is reading these posts and there are some scary people out there. 

I will admit, that was my first mistake.  I googled to see what was being said about the Stockdales, hit on your site, and read some of the thread.  I was incensed and so requested an account so I could try to clear up some of the misconceptions.  I didn't think to read the rules (at first) because I didn't realize there would be rules and regulations.  If I ever post anywhere, it is on a newspaper editorial or such, and there aren't any rules...you just post.  I hadn't thought about it before I did it.   So I started off on a bad note, and it kept getting worse because no one would give me the benefit of the doubt.    

11 minutes ago, dawbs said:

, I personally would NOT be verifying the level of information you have (inadvertently or intentionally) provided here.  You haven't just said you know the family, by giving the amount of info you have,  have all but given us your address.  THat's....just not a good idea.
Not much to do about it now, but, I clearly recommend being more cautious with your personal private information.  

Dawbs, I'm being serious and not catty here.   What information have I given that is any different that what you thought you already had?  I've only given you the CORRECT version of what you thought you already knew.  I'm not seeing what is so dangerous here, unless I'm more naïve than I thought.   

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Guys, I’ve had a really shitty couple of days, and I’m contemplating my alcoholic beverage choices for tonight. Hit me with a good recipe. And GO.

Edit: I have rum, apple rum, peach rum, jack, and vodka available.

<i need to find my serving wench avitar, my gift from last Xmas avitar exchange>

Fill a large pitcher half way with some ice. Add the lemon and lime slices,white wine, rum and lemon lime soda. Stir and then pour into a glass and garnish with strawberries and fresh cherries. Or skip the lemon and lime slices, put in the strawberries and cherries so you have alcohol fruit.

Or

Jack with lemonade Or Jack with ginger ale Or vodka with cranberry juice and sprite/7-up

and you need this song while mixing your drink and thinking of me the favorite beer wench 

I will throw out there that the posters on this site vary greatly with age. Like a huge spread. I'm not going to put the oldest and youngest because I don't know who they are, but just know it varies a lot. Which I appreciate. I like the differing viewpoints they all bring to the table. 

Honestly?  the name of your farm being your name isn't bright--and saying that it's your REAL farm really isn't.

THe name of your farm that *possibly* is the name of your farm that you've used in blogging/writing/posting elsewhere on the internet--so if you google things, they link you all together--there's a lot of information on other places that have associations with that farm name.  Now, it's possible that these things aren't you -it's happened before.  But that's information I wouldn't tattoo on my forehead.

Well, AARP just called to tell me it is my bedtime.  This has been fun (NOT).

The last time we did a survey here the age range was from 18 to 70+.    

@TisaWee Farm, when I get back tomorrow I expect you to have read the TOS, the Guidelines, and learned the fundamentals of Netiquette.  Or to have flounced.

If you can't manage to do that by yourself, perhaps your grandchildren can help.  They are in their 30s apparently.  Perhaps they can also tell you why it is a bad idea to use the name of your farm as a screen name while they are at it.  If that is indeed what you were foolish enough to do.

15 minutes ago, TisaWee Farm said:

What information have I given that is any different that what you thought you already had?  I've only given you the CORRECT version of what you thought you already knew.  I'm not seeing what is so dangerous here, unless I'm more naïve than I thought.   

I sent you a personal message.

FWIW, I'm 56 years old.

57 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I wasn't being snarky, I have found that many people stumbling in here don't realize the age range of our members. I honestly don't know what the average age is, but I highly doubt we are as young as you think. 

I don't drink but here is some Hee Haw. 

I'm guessing this some American thing I don't get yet. I've only been in Quebec since 2000 and I often miss a lot of Americana references. But it was funny.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived