IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I wish she would try something that would compliment her eye shape and bring out the color, so people notice her eyes, not her eyeliner. I agree with only lining the top (winged, not rainbowed) and then making that pop by shaping and filling in her eyebrows.

I've never noticed her eyeliner. If she thinks it looks good, who cares? I know a lot of people are really into makeup and get a lot of enjoyment out of perfecting their look, and I honestly think that's great. But a lot of people are more, "Meh, looks fine. Let's go!" and that's okay, too. I've always gotten the impression from Jill and she's not overly concerned about her physical appearance beyond looking decently presentable, which I can understand. It's not her job to make sure her appearance pleases anyone, let alone random strangers.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon little Samuel (pronounced the Spanish way of course, to prove just how well travelled  they are and how much they love danger America :2wankers:) will be over 10lbs, and that Jill will labour at home for longer than is sensible before a mercy dash to hospital for a Caesarian.

in all seriousness though, I hope she's learned from the last time that things can go wrong and that at the very least Dirty Jesus (god, I love that name:my_biggrin:) puts his foot down and demands proper care.  We can only hope.

1 hour ago, Dugg@rTime said:

in all seriousness though, I hope she's learned from the last time that things can go wrong and that at the very least Dirty Jesus (god, I love that name:my_biggrin:) puts his foot down and demands proper care.  We can only hope.

I hope so too. But I could also see him not getting involved since childbirth is woman's work and he isn't going to cross the gender role lines. 

12 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

I hope so too. But I could also see him not getting involved since childbirth is woman's work and he isn't going to cross the gender role lines. 

And the fact that after a C-section it is recommended not to get pregnant again within a year, and that after two C-sections the chances of a succesfull VBAC are very slim. That could be reasons Dirty Jesus would like his wife to have a VBAC (and when they both are veeeery pro VBAC, the chances of waiting (to) long to go to a hospital for medical intervention are bigger). 

I think we've pretty well established that women themselves aren't as informed about most things pregnancy as well as they should be. Then why on earth would we expect fundy men to be any better informed about what they think is "normal wimmin's work"?

Derrick doesn't know a dang thing about the risks. If his "midwife" wife says she wants to do it, he's going to let her do it.

4 hours ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

Agreed. I'm sure in his mind, Jilly Muffin still knows best, despite what happened last time. 

I'll throw in for 7/7, 9lb.13oz., 22". Attempted home VBAC, hospital transfer, and another c-section.

On 30/06/2017 at 9:14 PM, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

Throwing my hat in for July 6th, 2017, because the moon is in Saggitarius that day, 

Wasn't Sagittarius Moon last month?

24 minutes ago, MadeItOut said:

Wasn't Sagittarius Moon last month?

The moon's cycle is 28 days. It stays in a zodiac sign for only about two and a half days each month. So the moon will be in Sagittarius at least once every month.

36 minutes ago, batuityma said:

The moon's cycle is 28 days. It stays in a zodiac sign for only about two and a half days each month. So the moon will be in Sagittarius at least once every month.

Ah sorry, meant the full Sagi Moon (I tend to only track where it is on Esbats - if we need to know another date we usually extrapolate). Just wanted to check as I had that down for June 10th and it's not unknown for me to note those things to the wrong month (stupid ABI).

July 7, successful vbac in a hospital with Dr. Hill, the ob/gyn who performed Izzy's c-section. 10 lbs. Sticking with Samuel Scott.

I don't usually join these pools, but I'm having a feeling ;) I'm going with July 10th, attempted homebirth then transferred to the hospital for a VBAC, and let's say 8lbs 6oz on the weight. 

You know what would be fun, and I don't know if it's been predicted yet?  July 7, weighing 7 lbs 7 oz.

But that's not my real guess, because I don't remember how big Izzy was but he was enormous and I'm guessing this one will be big too.  Let's say half a pound less than Izzy?  And if she's saying early July and not anything more specific, I'm guessing that's to prevent the backlash she had last time and "early July" is actually 42 weeks.  So I'll guess a 40-week due date of June 26, putting 42 weeks at July 10.  And I'm going to guess the actual birth will be on July 4.  And realistically I don't see a VBAC going well, much as I wish it for her, so my guess is hospital transfer and a second C-section.

I'm going to guess July 15th. 

Baby Sammy will be 10 lbs 6 oz 

Jill will get her VBAC and everything will go perfectly for this baby and every baby she has after that. 

Obviously this is part guess, part wishful thinking haha

hmmm. I will say 7/9 at 9 lbs 6 oz. Successful Vbac in hospital. 

Suprise twin boys, each weighing 5lb and a few ounces. Vbac for both. In hospital.

Nepal Derick and Salvador Samuel, at five minutes past midnight on 5th July.

42 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Nepal Derick and Salvador Samuel,

Brilliant. Why not... El...Salvador...? That's keeping with their theme of -el names and of countries. How did I miss that?

I think it's too late to change things up, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Samuel Scott to be Samuel Salvador. samuEL SALVADOR 

19 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Brilliant. Why not... El...Salvador...? That's keeping with their theme of -el names and of countries. How did I miss that?

I think it's too late to change things up, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Samuel Scott to be Samuel Salvador. samuEL SALVADOR 

Sammu L. Salvador Dillard

You know, for the fancy spelling.

I have literally no idea (beyond the fact that it's a boy named Samuel Scott who will probably be born early this month). But what the hey:

July 5th. 9lbs 6oz. Repeat C-section.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived