IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Off subject, but one of the fashion blogs I follow has an article titled, "The One Shoe Style to Avoid the Next Time You Wear a Denim Skirt." It made me think of the Duggars, and well, all fundies. The Answer: Flip Flops. Advised are block heels and chic slides. In the pictures, they look like wedge sandals, mules, and dressy sandals bordering on a flip flop. 

Ha, that blogger would probably HATE that I wear Birks with a demin skirt then. 

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of the second generation Duggars are currently or will blanket train. BT requires consistency, discipline and time. I think Michelle and JB were much better at ADLs in their early parenting years, as they lived in the real world. The 2nd generation Duggars have never lived in the real world. I don't think any of them currently has what it takes to function as most adults (and parents) need to in our world. Sustained effort for the long haul, which BT requires, is currently nowhere on any of their radars.

All those second generation families are basically teenagers with kids. JB provides all they need. What JB does not provide, is obtained via grifting.

If TLC actually was giving the married kids paychecks, wouldn't one of those married couples have something that they, themselves, had procured without JB's $$$$ (we don't really know if the FRC job provided the funding for Josh's home, or f JB fronted that money too)?

I'll be watching the Vulous- they are the only ones that seem to have outside of Duggarville employment- Let's see if true economic freedom allow a couple/family to make different choices.

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

(we don't really know if the FRC job provided the funding for Josh's home, or f JB fronted that money too)

I recall reading on glass ceiling (or somewhere else reliable - can't remember?) that Josh made 6 figures at FRC, which is expected for an ED position at a national organization like that.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle and JB were much better at ADLs in their early parenting years

ADLs?

ADLs= activities of daily living- you know, living within the confines of society and making some positive contributions to that community.

7 hours ago, snickers34 said:

I recall reading on glass ceiling (or somewhere else reliable - can't remember?) that Josh made 6 figures at FRC, which is expected for an ED position at a national organization like that.

But wasn't their rent like 3,000/month? If the 6 figures was on the higher end, which I tend to doubt, sure, Josh would have walked away with some cash, but if it was on the low end, like less than $200,000/yr, living expenses would have eaten a great deal of that money up.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If the 6 figures was on the higher end, which I tend to doubt, sure, Josh would have walked away with some cash, but if it was on the low end, like less than $200,000/yr, living expenses would have eaten a great deal of that money up.

he, oh yes, low 100's if I recall correctly. Still crazy good for someone with no college degree, laughably little relevant work experience, and an embarrassingly useless fundie homeschool degree. He was certainly in no position to criticize others about just working harder and pulling them up by their bootstraps when he had his life handed to him on a platter.

Rumors on tumblr says that Jill is in labor right now. I want to see some sources before I believe it, but it could be. 

25 minutes ago, shiverful said:

Rumors on tumblr says that Jill is in labor right now. I want to see some sources before I believe it, but it could be. 

Interesting.

Guess we'll soon see, but that means either Anna's been finally left in peace to birth hers (Halle-bleeding-lujah if so!), or perhaps someone confused the two?

I'll keep an eye on Derick's Twitter account, he's been tweeting Bible verses in the morning. If he doesn't tweet today....maybe she's in labor. 

Anyone can make an anon comment with 'insider' info, so I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt. I do wish Jill the best though; watching her tear up when she was talking about her hoping her next labor would be easier than last time made my heart hurt.

Jill just uploaded this

Spoiler

It was two hours ago, it could be that this was the real early part of labor? Or maybe an old photo?

The chocolate milk could be an attempt to keep us, and the leg humpers, unsure of what's going on. But who knows why Mrs. Dillard does anything? :0

55 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Awwww DirtyJesus is the best because he brings her chocolate milk. What a devoted DirtyJesus:56247954758f7_32(8):

To be fair, I thought my husband was a goddamn Saint for bringing me so many apple juices from the snack station when I was in labor. So if she really is in labor I'll give her a pass for thinking he's the best for bringing her chocolate milk.  :pb_lol:

35 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

To be fair, I thought my husband was a goddamn Saint for bringing me so many apple juices from the snack station when I was in labor. So if she really is in labor I'll give her a pass for thinking he's the best for bringing her chocolate milk.  :pb_lol:

They let you have that stuff to drink now while you're in labor? My hypoglycemia and I feel a bit cheated.

I wonder if she really is in labor, and if so, will it last another pedicure/massage/hike/rupture of membranes 24 hours pre birth/etc etc issues galor like the last time, or will she be able to "prove" her birth canal.

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

They let you have that stuff to drink now while you're in labor? My hypoglycemia and I feel a bit cheated.

I never was or will be in labor, but after reading about it and watching videos: I would never try to say no to a woman who is about go give birth. EVER! :lol:

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Ice chips were my husbands job both times I was in labour. I couldn't get enough of the damn ice chips!

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

:pb_lol: Yes! I was allowed only specific liquids like apple juice and orange juice. They had snacks at the station for the birth partners, so my husband was munching away on goodies for a bit. I wasn't even upset. I was just glad one of us was able to eat.

31 minutes ago, Gobbles said:

I never was or will be in labor, but after reading about it and watching videos: I would never try to say no to a woman who is about go give birth. EVER! :lol:

It 100% depends on the woman laboring. I honestly didn't know for sure that I was in labor before I was told I was already at 4 cm. My contractions just weren't bad for me to handle. I likely could have given birth without the epidural, but I opted for one to be sure I was able to sleep a bit. I was happy, smiling, and joking around with everyone* until the last 30 minutes when I was just completely exhausted. I had nothing in my digestive system other than a little bit of juice, so I had to just focus at that point.

*I joked with everyone except the NICU Nurses - that part made me nervous because it reminded me of the issues preemies can face. I was serious and attentive for that part. But the L&D Nurses want me to come back and have another baby soon because they had such a good time with us. :laughing-rolling:

Glucose drips for the win! No food for me (because of the epidural - I could have eaten otherwise) but that lovely stuff made sure I didn't feel shaky or weak.

Anyway I haven't been on this thread much until the last few days. Have we had any indication of Jill's prenatal care situation (or lack thereof)? I sure hope she's planning to go to a hospital but we're talking about the Duggars here so who knows. 

Were we told before why her uterus failed? Did the baby not engage? After 36 hrs my big baby just couldn't get her big head to stay engaged. One check she was engaged the next she had floated back up. 

If this is the case with Jill she may be in for another c section . And personally I hope so. It may just limit how many children she is able to have, long term. 

Never mind the chocolate milk, all I think of when I see that photo is how difficult it must be to keep brick floors clean in the kitchen.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Better than the woman next to me with our firsts. She was teeny - roughly the same outwards at 30wks as she was tall. He was an enormous marine who brought sweets for all of us and was so attentive to her. When things hotted up and she couldn't walk, he scooped her up and carried her to delivery.

...about 8 mins later he came running into the day room in floods of tears and just melted onto the floor. Once the midwife could get any sense out of him he was sobbing that she didn't love him any more. Turned out she'd yelled a couple of expletives at him on a theme of 'you did this to me', then slapped his face when he went to cuddle her. The midwife couldn't have been more the stereotype: "call yourself a marine? Get yourself together man. Now get back in there and do whatever she wants."

Happy ending though - he ended up on the bed with one of '(his) girls' sleeping in each arm by teatime.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived