IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

Jasmine is teaching for sure and her son goes to DAYCARE, Someone let Lori Alexander know that Jasmine has gone astray,

FWIW, Sarah Serven Winton is also working one day a week at a studio and her almost two year old also goes to a daycare setting. The horrors! 

I cheer any movement away from what these women were raised with.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

Are any of the featured daughters still on the RotD bandwagon?  I mean, besides the Robotkinettes, who are one week away from six months of blog silence :P

Katie Valenti - married to Philip Bradrick; at least 2 children, per the photo on her FB page.

Jasmine Baucham - married to Philip Holmes; one son.

Melissa Keen - married to Justin Turley; 5 children.

Kelly Brown - divorced from Peter Bradrick; 6 children; living with her parents again AFAIK.

Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin - still single, still living with their parents, still presumably drinking the Dominionist Kool-Aid.

Lourdes Torres - (She Who Laughs Last) - looking fabulous, working at J. Crew, happy auntie to her new niece (brother Andrew's daughter), studying engineering at the University of Texas San Antonio, and KICKING ACADEMIC ASS - took her calculus final today. :clap:

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Lourdes Torres - (She Who Laughs Last) - looking fabulous, working at J. Crew, happy auntie to her new niece (brother Andrew's daughter), studying engineering at the University of Texas San Antonio, and KICKING ACADEMIC ASS - took her calculus final today. :clap:

I follow Lourdes on Facebook and am absolutely overjoyed at the way things have turned out for her!

Lourdes rocks! (another follower.)

2 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Melissa Keen - married to Justin Turley; 5 children.

This one I still wonder about.  It didn't seem a marriage made in heaven.

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Hard to believe that Justin's business generates much income or enough for a family of 7. 

At the time of the Turleys' marriage, in 2008, it seemed as though they as well as VF leghumpers tried for another rockstar wedding like the Bradrick! nuptials two years before. DPIART featured the Turleys as well in Doug's Blog but not nearly to the extent that he hyped the Bradricks!

ETA: Justin's account of the big day.

"Two happy patriarchs."

Gross.

Seven HUNDRED people at the wedding?

And those VOWS, sweet fancy Jesus.

Damn. I missed the Turleys completely.

Katie and Phillip have 3 but no mention of any others...Their daughter is 3 now? so defintely not having one after another...Yes, I like to call the Turleys the old guard of VF, happily breeding and attending revisionist history events with Bill Potter and waxing on and on about the Biblical nature of their children's names.

4 hours ago, bea said:

"Two happy patriarchs."

Gross.

My favourite is the next pic down from that one, "Standing with giants: Elders Scott Brown and Doug Phillips." :laughing-rolling:

ETA: She had NINETEEN flower girls?? :shock:

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I witnessed bits and pieces of Justin & Melissa's courtship/engagement, and even then it felt like he caught her on the rebound after she and Wesley Strackbein broke up. (Or were broken up? It was never clear to me who called the shots there.)

@RebelliousEscapee, that is interesting.  I did not know she had a previous relationship.

I can't explain why I thought this, but to me Melissa didn't seem that into Turley.  Marriage, yes with bells on.  Turley, not quite so much.  Pure speculation of course.

1 hour ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

he caught her on the rebound after she and Wesley Strackbein broke up

Interesting -- was not aware of this prior relationship which surely resulted in pieces of hearts being squandered given away.

It would ordinarily be a healthy thing for two young adults to discover, after all, that they were not compatible. In the toxic swamp of VF world, however, it was probably anything but healthy.

The purple prose of Turley's blog is killing me. Also, I see that heavily pregnant Mistress Chancey  of Africa was one of bride's attendants. 

42 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It would ordinarily be a healthy thing for two young adults to discover, after all, that they were not compatible. In the toxic swamp of VF world, however, it was probably anything but healthy.

Yeah, no.  Especially when the official reason given was that they "couldn't come to an agreement about infant baptism".

47 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

The purple prose of Turley's blog is killing me. Also, I see that heavily pregnant Mistress Chancey  of Africa was one of bride's attendants

In addition to being fellow denizens of the VF toxic swamp, Melissa was resident seamstress for a while for Jennie's pattern business.

No wedding ever was or ever will be hyped as much as Peter and Kelly's was. Holy Christ, they were like God's chosen couple. Which makes it all the more interesting that they have divorced. The large number of flower girls at the Bradrick and Turley weddings is based on some Bible verse. I can't remember what, but it was mentioned when Peter and Kelly got married. Because absolutely every aspect of their wedding was taken from the Bible. Because they were the most godly people who ever existed. Jennie Chancey and Melissa Turley do seem close. In late 2006/early 2007, the Chanceys took a trip to England, I think, and Melissa came with them to help watch their infant twins. (The older children were apparently left back in the States.) I didn't realize that she had been a seamstress for Jennie. But now, when Melissa and her family go to historical reenactments, she makes all of their outfits. Which really is impressive.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:51 PM, RebelliousEscapee said:

phild.PNG.709a17035a595c7c4ff75fce43011479.PNG

That tag... #iwantasundaykindoflove... it's an Etta James song.  I like a lot of songs -- even some with questionable lyrics :pb_eek: -- but given the current "state of affairs" with DPIABRT, the lyrics... well... here they are:

I want a Sunday kind of love
A love to last past Saturday night
And I'd like to know it's more than love at first sight
And I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea yea

I want a love that's on the square
Can't seem to find somebody
Someone to care
And I'm on a lonely road that leads to no where
I need a Sunday kind of love

I do my Sunday dreaming, Oh yea
And all my Sunday scheming
Every minute, every hour, every day

Oh I'm hoping to discover
A certain kind of lover
Who will show me the way

And my arms need someone
Someone to enfold
To keep me warm when Mondays and Tuesdays grow cold
Love for all my life to have and to hold
Oh and I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea yea yea

I don't want a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, Friday or Saturday
Oh nothing but Sunday oh yea
I want a Sunday Sunday
I want a Sunday kind of love
Oh yea
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday kind of love

Thank you for that! Dougie has taken a left turn on the highway of life and who knows where the hell he's going. 

10 hours ago, Loveday said:

ETA: She had NINETEEN flower girls?? :shock:

I was just amazed that Virginia Hope Phillips wasn't one of them. Perhaps Doug and Beall thought her little head was getting too big.

And I never noticed before that Melissa had modesty panels sewn onto her dress to conceal both of her shoulders, lol. Love those semi-see-through modesty panels, like, is it 50% less sinful, now? 

15 hours ago, bea said:

And those VOWS, sweet fancy Jesus.

No kidding!  Riddled with VF speak, and appropriately degrading to the wife to be: 

I, Melissa Lauren Keen, do covenant before God and man, to thee, Justin David Turley, to be thy faithful and loyal wife, loving thee and serving thee as a helpmeet suitable for thee [13], for the man was not created for the woman, but the woman for the man [14]. I vow to honour and obey thee, placing myself in submission and subjection unto thee in all things, with respect and reverence, as befits the honour due thee as my earthly lord and head [15], [16]. I shall be thy discreet, chaste keeper at home, obedient unto thee, that the Word of God be not blasphemed [17]. I vow to diligently, industriously, and faithfully care for the affairs of thine household so that thy heart may always safely trust in me [18]. I vow to thee patience and kindness, gentleness [19] and tenderness, and all my love and affection, delighting only in thee, my beloved husband, mindful that it is thou who hast authority over my body, and not I [20]. Should the Lord so choose to bless us [21], it will be my delight to be thy fruitful vine [22], raising our children with thee, as thy helpmeet, in the nurture and admonition of the LORD [23]. I shall be faithfully thine whether we be abounding or abased [24], laughing or mourning, in good health or poor, and nothing but death shall part me from thee.

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

I ...do covenant ... to thee, ... to be thy ... thee ... thee  ... for thee [13], ... and obey thee, ... unto thee ... honour due thee... I shall be thy ... unto thee, ...

Blah b blah b blah blah blah.

They're ULTRA spiritual... They speak KJV!  Ugh.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Thank you for that! Dougie has taken a left turn on the highway of life and who knows where the hell he's going. 

He hopes he's going to get-laidsville, man!

Wow, her vows. OMG. It's a little funny to me when I see people do blatantly espousing patriarchy, as I've been in a FIC that claims to NOT be patriarchal, but complementarian. People loved VF and Vodie Baucam et all, but they only whisper about patriarchy, stepping all over themselves while trying to convince others complementarian of different from patriarchy. 

Hot, hip new video from Phil! My favorite part is at about 0:56, when the pert, denim-clad male buttocks of a French sailor thrusts itself into Doug's face (camera, whatever) for several long, long seconds. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived