IGNORED

Seewalds 22 - Funerals and Embryo Cake

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, sphinxed said:

I have a nephew named Henry. When he was a baby we'd call him Hen, Hen Hen, and Henny.

My little nephew is also named Henry and we also call him those names, but we're a bunch of weirdos so those are the most normal things he gets called. I generally prefer Henaroo or Henmonster.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

So only on cell phone? Thanks!

ETA:  I got it.  Thanks again.

I didn't get it and I can't figure it out.  I have my cell phone in front of me...Bueller 

1 hour ago, nst said:

I didn't get it and I can't figure it out.  I have my cell phone in front of me...Bueller 

Go to the Instagram app (not the mobile website, it has to be the app), go to Jessa's profile, and tap her profile picture. It should show up.

Jessa has a new story on her instagram, her pronunciation of Arugula just made my day haha

5 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

Jessa has a new story on her instagram, her pronunciation of Arugula just made my day haha

your killing me 

I am on instagram and I see a blue arrow down and yes i am on my phone (not here but in my hand) 

1 hour ago, MadeItOut said:

Now I have to know: how did she pronounce 'arugula'.

ah-roo-gyou-lah. 

25 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

ah-roo-gyou-lah. 

Isn't that basically how you pronounce it?

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Isn't that basically how you pronounce it?

I'm Australian, so disclaimer, but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be ah-ROO-gah-lah for Americans, without the harsh GYOU sound, and it's ah-ROO-Gyah-lah in British English/Traditional English (more of a yah sound instead of a you)

Arugula?  I'd never heard of it, so had to google it.  We just call it rocket.  No decision needed on how to pronounce that!

But some people just lengthen u's... 'COO-pon' vs. 'CEW-pon', etc. I mean, whatever, right? I'm just having flashbacks to Obama being criticized for saying his favourite food was arugula now. I guess he was supposed to say hotdogs, or steak from a cow killed by a bald eagle or something.

50 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

But some people just lengthen u's... 'COO-pon' vs. 'CEW-pon', etc. I mean, whatever, right? I'm just having flashbacks to Obama being criticized for saying his favourite food was arugula now. I guess he was supposed to say hotdogs, or steak from a cow killed by a bald eagle or something.

Yeah, I don't think it's *that* snarkworthy considering that Jessa herself admitting that she didn't know how to say it. My mum says 'pre-formance' when she means 'performance' and doesn't have an issue with any other words. To each their own. 

In Jessa's defence, arugula doesn't come in a can so it's probably a very recent discovery for her.

At least she's eating arugula (I say a-roo-gah-la).  The salad looked pretty healthy, and better for Spurgeon than Tater Tot Casserole.

It's probably like people that pronounce "familiar" "fer-mil-yer" 

I could not get the word feminine out for the longest time. I still struggle with it and it made french class hell. Unless, it's complete butchering of a word*, I'm going to let it slide.

*See Jill Rodrigues saying aloe for example! 

Her birthday love letter to Bin mentioned that he's always correcting her pronunciation of things, so maybe she's self-conscious about it now. :\

I constantly mispronounce the word epitome.  Even as it's coming out of my mouth, my brain is going "Wrong!  All wrong!".

I also misspelled the word definitely for the first 30 odd years of my life.

My husband says exscape and it drives me crazy   

I had had the hardest time saying cinnamon for years. Years. It always came out synonym. 

I often say expresso instead of espresso for whatever reason. I know its wrong but I can't get it to come out right!

I butcher words all the time, so I'm nothing more than gently amused at Jessa.  

Jill R. I will get on because if you are SELLING a product it is unprofessional and sloppy to fail to look up words you don't know.  It just shows you are lazy and have no idea what you are promoting.  10 seconds and Google would have given her the pronunciation and definition.   

To her merit, she did say, "arugula, or however you pronounce it." 

Not trying to snark on her, people's pronunciation of things make me smile. My best friend pronounces onion like ungyoung and Its become an inside joke because of how much grief I give her. :) I once had a 20 min discussion on a first date because the guy pronounced ruin like Roon and I think its pronounced Roo-inn. I think he was offended at first but by the end of the night we were pronouncing things wrong on purpose to make each other laugh. :my_biggrin:

I have a problem with the world asterisk, saying or spelling. I only managed it in the last sentence because of auto complete (I'm on my phone). Left to myself I always end up talking about a famous Gaul.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived